Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4

+32
Dud Doodoo
laxspartan007
Arty
BBJynne
Angatar
Carlos Spicyweiner
BALLINMONK
MrX
Onyxknight
GreyApothecary
RX
Gauz
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rotaretilbo
Nocbl2
PiEdude
squirrelboy
Vigil
tiny tim
A_Bearded_Swede
Kasrkin Seath
KristallNacht
CivBase
Felix
TNine
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Divine Virus
Vtrooper
Lord Pheonix
Ringleader
Zaki90
36 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo 4 - Page 31 Empty Re: Halo 4

Post by KristallNacht Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 pm

I preordered mass effect 3 n7 edition....and I'm preordering the military edition of medal of honor....other than those I don't really preorder...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 pm

So... does that mean that Bacon, Rock, and I are the only ones who think that Halo 4 looks good? It has it's flaws like any game, but I still think it looks awesome.

Also, I completely abandoned MoH after their last game. If it's one thing I don't want more of, it's modern, photorealistic, military shooters.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I think it looks good, I just don't care.

I've grown tired of it I guess, or i'm just not hyped about it at all.

I hope it turns out good and I will probably get to playing it sometime when it comes out, but i'm just not hyped that much.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I think it looks good, I just don't care.

I've grown tired of it I guess, or i'm just not hyped about it at all.

I hope it turns out good and I will probably get to playing it sometime when it comes out, but i'm just not hyped that much.
Opposite of you. Interested in the campaign, but I utterly loathe the art style.

Anyhow, Forerunner Weapon Drop:

Halo 4 - Page 31 Boltshot
Boltshot

Halo 4 - Page 31 Supressor
Supressor

Halo 4 - Page 31 Lightrifle
Light Rifle

Halo 4 - Page 31 Scattershot
Scattershot

Halo 4 - Page 31 Binary
Binary Rifle

Halo 4 - Page 31 Incinerator
Incinerator Cannon

Halo 4 - Page 31 Pulsenades
Pulse Grenade
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:53 pm

meant it looked like a good game, not the art style.

I really don't give much of a damn about art.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:33 pm

such inspired weapon designs
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm

They look like plastic toys. Cheap ones.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 pm

CivBase wrote: So... does that mean that Bacon, Rock, and I are the only ones who think that Halo 4 looks good? It has it's flaws like any game, but I still think it looks awesome.
Depends on what you mean by "looks good". It looks like a fun game and when I buy it I'll probably love it. How that things look in-game, not a fan of everything I see.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:06 pm

It looks like a good game, just not a good HALO game. Much like Diablo 3 was a good game, but not a good DIABLO game. Or Skyrim being a good game, but not a good ELDER SCROLLS game.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Meanwhile I just beat Reach for the first time a minute ago.

Was ok.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Angatar wrote:
CivBase wrote: So... does that mean that Bacon, Rock, and I are the only ones who think that Halo 4 looks good? It has it's flaws like any game, but I still think it looks awesome.
Depends on what you mean by "looks good". It looks like a fun game and when I buy it I'll probably love it. How that things look in-game, not a fan of everything I see.
I think both gameplay and aesthetics look pretty good. Can't say much about story yet, but Spartan Ops could be promising.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Meanwhile I just beat Reach for the first time a minute ago.

Was ok.
As I thought about the Campaign more and more I started to both like it and hate it at the same time.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:52 am

CivBase wrote:
Angatar wrote:
I think both gameplay and aesthetics look pretty good. Can't say much about story yet, but Spartan Ops could be promising.
Personally, I think Human art design has been continuously going downhill since the Halo: CE, and Forerunner architecture peaked at Halo 2.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Angatar wrote:
CivBase wrote:
Angatar wrote:
Personally, I think Human art design has been continuously going downhill since the Halo: CE, and Forerunner architecture peaked at Halo 2.
Forerunner architecture has stayed the same through all the games Razz

And honestly, it would make perfect sense for humanity's style to evolve. It's happened before; look at the Renaissance.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Nocbl2 wrote: Forerunner architecture has stayed the same through all the games Razz
Uh, no? Go back and compare the architecture of The Oracle or Sacred Icon to something such as The Covenant. The two look and feel very different. Forerunner stuff in HCE and H2 look very functional, while the stuff in H3, Reach, and I assume H4, looks very aesthetic and much less functional. Epitaph, Citadel, and to a lesser extent Construct stand out are also good examples.

Nocbl2 wrote:And honestly, it would make perfect sense for humanity's style to evolve. It's happened before; look at the Renaissance.
The Renaissance lasted hundreds of years, Halo does not.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote: Forerunner architecture has stayed the same through all the games Razz
Uh, no? Go back and compare the architecture of The Oracle or Sacred Icon to something such as The Covenant. The two look and feel very different. Forerunner stuff in HCE and H2 look very functional, while the stuff in H3, Reach, and I assume H4, looks very aesthetic and much less functional. Epitaph, Citadel, and to a lesser extent Construct stand out are also good examples.
The facilities we visited in 1/2/3 were all designed to be functional, but remember, the maps were meant to give a certain feel. The Gas Mine was adapted by the Heretics, and Sacred Icon was hidden away on Delta, where the Flood had overrun and destroyed all of the outer, aesthetic shell. Epitaph, Citadel, and Construct are all based on campaign areas, but they are also designed as multiplayer maps. Was it more fun to fight on Foundry or Avalanche? Design is the difference. Requiem is, of course, meant to be a practical installation; I don't know the true purpose of it and I won't until I play the game, but you can assume that the place Forerunners, the Prometheans, and the Composer would all be living in should be at least kind of pretty.

Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:And honestly, it would make perfect sense for humanity's style to evolve. It's happened before; look at the Renaissance.
The Renaissance lasted hundreds of years, Halo does not.

100,000 BCE-2581 AD was the latest date shown in-game. Couple that with the fact that humanity is making extreme technology jumps from the Covenant and Forerunner artifacts they've found. Infinity is almost solely Forerunner technology but with a human design. It is this sharing of knowledge that always sparks advances and changes in culture and technology. The Romans took the Etruscan's arch and improved it. That's the idea.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 pm

The Infinity is human design and human technology with improvements from Forerunner sources.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:11 pm

also the argument that "its okay its different because people change their design ideas all the time" is pretty invalid... we aren't talking about real life- we are talking about a game where consistant design ques are pretty important.

personally I dont mind how they look, other than all the stupid details crammed all over EVERYTHING now. part of an interesting design are areas without as much details where your eyes can rest
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Of course 343i and Bungie aren't going to share the exact same vision. Things are going to change a bit and that's something which I don't consider to be necessarily bad. While it has the potential to hurt the end game, it has just as much potential to make Halo 4 even more enjoyable. Besides, I haven't noticed any changes by 343i that are not within reasonable boundaries.

Also, in response to Ang'e comment about forerunner environments being highly functional, remember the forerunner environments of Halo CE and 2 served a different purpose from 3 and 4. Similarly to how a military base, office complex, and a suburb will all have different architectural and designs, a Halo ring, the Ark, and a shield world will also have some differences.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Installion 04 and 04B look nothing alike. There's a vague pyramid shape, but other than that they are nothing alike. The control rooms of both share no similarities to Installation 05's control room, and even less with Installation 00. All these serve the same purpose, to activate the Halos. They were all designed and built (04B, the exception) at the same time, there shouldn't be huge leap like there is.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Diffrent art team members= Different designs. When your updating graphics in each installment things are bound to look different. Personally i hated Halo 2's Aesthetic and the Plastic Spartans in H3 still bug me time to time but i dealt with them because i'm the kind of guy who can play dwarf fortress and not give a fuck that i cant 'see' whats going on.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Speaking of dwarf fortress, does anyone know how to make stonesense work for it?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Angatar wrote:Installion 04 and 04B look nothing alike. There's a vague pyramid shape, but other than that they are nothing alike. The control rooms of both share no similarities to Installation 05's control room, and even less with Installation 00. All these serve the same purpose, to activate the Halos. They were all designed and built (04B, the exception) at the same time, there shouldn't be huge leap like there is.
But remember, these rings were also designed as environments to house life. 04B was also in the middle of construction. 05's room was different because it was on an island. Why not have a little variety? From a gameplay and canon standpoint, it makes sense. The same views over and over get dull, fast. Considering we're debating a society that can build structures out of light, I find your point moot. When they can, why not? And naturally 00 would look somewhat different on the inside. After all, you're firing 12 (but 7 at the time the game takes place) rings instead of just one.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 pm

.....all the control room fired the entire Halo Ring System.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 pm

KristallNacht wrote:.....all the control room fired the entire Halo Ring System.
I know. Unless you mean something else?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next