Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Nocbl2 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:15 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-confirms-halo-bootcamp-6408890

In addition to the article, I've seen a few videos and other things that indicate (albeit with less solid evidence) that this could be a 3rd person Halo PC game or a Halo 3 remake/PC port.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by CivBase on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:34 am

As much as people on this form claim Halo is dead to them, Halo news still brings more threads and posts than anything else by a country mile.

I think a Halo 3 PC port would be great as long as it's a good port.  I'm kind of skeptical about MS's ability to make a good port, though.

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Vigil on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:11 am

Because this forum needs more excuses to complain about a franchise they claim not to care about anymore.

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Viggy
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Dud Doodoo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:05 pm

I never claimed to not care about Halo. Sue me if you like, but I thoroughly enjoyed Halo 4, more than Reach. I allowed myself a small amount of hope for the next two games...until I saw the Halo 5 trailer. Nevertheless I will still follow it.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by CivBase on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Wasn't so much referring to you, dud.

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by KrAzY on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:48 pm

well, when 4 halo related things are all announced at once then there will obviously be more threads for them.

its like saying that bookstores must really love starwars because they carry like 40 different starwars books in their sci-fi section
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Vigil wrote:Because this forum needs more excuses to complain about a franchise they claim not to care about anymore.
Ha Yes, Hilarious!
Dud Doodoo wrote:I never claimed to not care about Halo.  Sue me if you like, but I thoroughly enjoyed Halo 4, more than Reach.  I allowed myself a small amount of hope for the next two games...until I saw the Halo 5 trailer.  Nevertheless I will still follow it.
Dud is the whole forum. *Noted Halo 5 will be a disappointment because of a reveal trailer. *Also noted
Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:well, when 4 halo related things are all announced at once then there will obviously be more threads for them.

its like saying that bookstores must really love starwars because they carry like 40 different starwars books in their sci-fi section





(My response)
He didnt mean that. (Im sure i dont have to explain this but....)
He meant that every thread here about halo get more posts then most other threads in the video game section. Which is correct.

Has nothing to do with your books.


A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 27
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by KrAzY on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:38 am

I still say that if there were 6 call of duty games being announced all at once there would be more posts about call of duty than there would be about the 4 halo related things.

more content to discuss usually corresponds more discussion of content.... people also tend to discuss things they dislike more than things that they enjoy (for example... check any recent halo thread and count the number of "this game looks meh" vs "this game looks amazing")


there is little to no halo content discussion when there are no halo content being announced/released... so yes, I believe that my book analogy was perfectly accurate
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Vigil on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:47 am

Let's be frank here. There were 2 (Possible 3 if you want to include the TV show) announcements. One about a tablet game and the other the next installment in the main series. This is about a rumor about something we don't even have any reliable proof on!

This was during the announcement of a metric ton of video games at E3, and if we so inclined to talk about game we don't like so much, why aren't we talking about Battlefield 4? Or Ryse? Or any of the other big things at those conferences that were awful? We're focusing solely on a game that was announced before the show and a minute and a half CG trailer? And a rumored game? I'm sorry but that logic is absurd.

And why aren't we talking about the good stuff? Just because you guys want to be down on videogames all the time? That isn't healthy and it would be better if we tried to balance it. I'm glad we're talking about the Division, as that game looks pretty cool. It's just sad we're not talking about anything else, like Watch_Dogs which continues to shape up as an interesting title or some of the other titles that were shown at the show, like transistor. 

I'm sorry Mr.Inferior of the two Admins, but I have to disagree again, every time there is a rumor, or a statement made by anymore about a Halo title, somebody makes a thread about it. We have 2 threads about Halo 4, One about Forward unto Dawn, Rasq made a thread about "Validating" our criticisms of Halo Wars for god's sake. 

Just casually going through the history of the Video game thread, you will find at least one mention to Halo on each page.

Your Library thing doesn't really work when you arrive in the store on a day where they have a ton of new releases up in your face as you enter and you wade past all that stuff to a sci-fi subsection to complain the 3 books set a little outside the new releases, despite there being new releases in that section as well.

It's not longer about talking about new releases good or bad, it's become an obsession.

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Viggy
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by KrAzY on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 am

the people who create the threads are the people who self admittedly DO still care about halo

you guys are saying we all still care about the games because its all we talk about. personally I havnt made a thread on this fourm in probably close to a year. I currently only play 3 games 2 of which are free to play and one that is 7 years old.

there are lots of halo things being announced (I am counting the TV show as one) people obviously do still care about those games if they make threads about them. however, the majority of the fourm either does not care for or actively dislikes the new content.


if you want to talk about other things then make a fucking thread for them. I didnt even watch E3 other than the halo 5 announcement, and only watched THAT because I had like 6 people send it to me.


but yes, just because your 10 year old nephew keeps throwing starwars books at people who would like to read other things in the bookstore doesnt mean they care about the books, even if they comment on actively disliking those books



also, I have 47 threads on every page, one of those on each page mentioning halo ignores 46 not mentioning halo. thats called the confirmation bias. the first page has it mentioned more times because the forum activity has died down and coveres Halo 4, Halo 5, the phone game, this rumor thread .


I mean hell, going back 3 pages gets me all the way back to before I transffered colleges and back then I still did care about halo. the forum is just so inactive now that the only things that get discussed are things that at least one person cares about... and if you havnt noticed almost every thread devolves into a fight over some shit.

how many of us still care about video games? if the majority of people who still do all are still interested in halo then I will concede your point, otherwise I just have to assume its just all of us cynical bastards decending on something we used to love in order to get into fights (like this)
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:14 am

Is that what we've become? Just petty arguments over things that don't matter?

This site was founded as a safe haven from stupidity, or at least that was its purpose when I showed up. Did we run out of reasons to stop being what we were? Do we need to somehow adapt to the situation? I want TCF to be the thing it was, a place with fun, easy discussion that didn't really get heated except in the debate section. Now, if something isn't going off-topic within three minutes it doesn't get a single reply.

I said it before, but I'll say it again--we need a new purpose. We should get more people involved in this. It's just a few folks left yelling at each other over a series entering a new era, and how the changes coming are too gruesome to handle.

At the end of the day, I think all of us have some love for Halo, because this site was the offshoot of the destruction of another, one based on Halo. At the same time, while we love it, the series shouldn't hold us back and drag us into inane battles. That's not something we should allow to happen.

So, what's going to happen? Are we going to keep going with our lonely, cynical ways, attacking each other over small misunderstandings? I want that to stop. Something happened, and TCF as a whole should try to fix it.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:56 pm

I like pi.

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Did we run out of reasons to stop being what we were?


why can't I leave the quote thing? Anyway, back then we had an enemy. That enemy won.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Vigil wrote:
I'm sorry Mr.Inferior of the two Admins, but I have to disagree again, every time there is a rumor, or a statement made by anymore about a Halo title, somebody makes a thread about it. We have 2 threads about Halo 4, One about Forward unto Dawn, Rasq made a thread about "Validating" our criticisms of Halo Wars for god's sake. 
Vindicating, not validating!

As for talking about other video games... Well, I'm not sure about everybody else, but I'm not much of a gamer. There's not a lot out there that I'm anticipating, except for finally getting my grubby mitts on Mass Effect 3 DLC.

Vigil wrote:It's not longer about talking about new releases good or bad, it's become an obsession.

While I agree with Mr.Inferior of the two Admins about confirmation bias, I think that Halo is different from everything else that gets posted here. It's something that we grew up with, and we hate to see what it has become. Any other topic we dislike, we simply don't have any attachment to, so we simply don't reply to it.

Nocbl2 wrote:So, what's going to happen? Are we going to keep going with our lonely, cynical ways, attacking each other over small misunderstandings? I want that to stop. Something happened, and TCF as a whole should try to fix it.
I'm open to suggestions.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:09 am

TCF rose out of the ashes of a failed forum for a failed Halo game, ironically like a Pheonix. It is unsurprising that Halo comes up a lot, given that it was what brought us all here to start.

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:25 am

Yes...ironic.....totally not planned.....

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by CivBase on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:50 am

Wow.... didn't think my comment would warrant a page of debate >.>

_________________
Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC Empty Re: Possible Halo 3 PC or third-person Halo PC

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum