Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4

+32
Dud Doodoo
laxspartan007
Arty
BBJynne
Angatar
Carlos Spicyweiner
BALLINMONK
MrX
Onyxknight
GreyApothecary
RX
Gauz
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rotaretilbo
Nocbl2
PiEdude
squirrelboy
Vigil
tiny tim
A_Bearded_Swede
Kasrkin Seath
KristallNacht
CivBase
Felix
TNine
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Divine Virus
Vtrooper
Lord Pheonix
Ringleader
Zaki90
36 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo 4 - Page 32 Empty Re: Halo 4

Post by KristallNacht Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:12 pm

you just said the 00 control room is different because it fires all of them instead of 1....but they ALL fire all of them.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:05 am

KristallNacht wrote:you just said the 00 control room is different because it fires all of them instead of 1....but they ALL fire all of them.
Um... no? Did you play Halo 2? Remember the whole bit at the end where Spark says that while the rings have been PRIMED, they still have to go to the Ark to fire them?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:24 am

Oh yeah cause the whole point in Halo 1 and 2 was Master Chief rushing to stop the Halo's from being PRIMED.

All the rings can start the firing sequence, but when MC destroyed it during the firing sequence they were all set to standby. The Ark is the preferred place to fire them all since you can survive the blast from it, but all the rings can still fire.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:48 am

each one can fire independently, the one in halo 2 was only pimed because the index was taken out it before it had finished its firing sequence
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

Eh, I think Xykon does a good job of summing up why the Halos don't have the same architecture.

Halo 4 - Page 32 AgDsG5c4tRHjxaD80Fj
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:24 am

Angatar wrote:Installion 04 and 04B look nothing alike. There's a vague pyramid shape, but other than that they are nothing alike. The control rooms of both share no similarities to Installation 05's control room, and even less with Installation 00. All these serve the same purpose, to activate the Halos. They were all designed and built (04B, the exception) at the same time, there shouldn't be huge leap like there is.
Perhaps that's because 04B wasn't 04? And you cannot say that the original pyramid looked more purposeful than the original.

And why do all of the Halos need to be exact copies of each other? Perhaps the forerunners liked creating their planetary doomsday weapons with a bit of customization.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 am

Probably didn't use the same construction company for each Installation.

Bob's Forerunners Inc did 04, Perry and the Forrys did 05 and 06, etc.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:09 pm

or different planet designers, like in Hitchhiker 's Guide.

And nothing anywhere said the Halo's could fire independently. That would defeat the entire purpose. A flood form could just get away from his nearest one and keep on going. The idea was to wipe the entire galaxy at once. NTM in 2 you can see in all the cutscenes at the end that all the Rings were activating until 05 was canceled, and then they all cooled off.

I'm pretty sure they only then had to go to the ARK as a failsafe, because there is no reason why a ring should start firing and then stop, so the system was set up to override the individual control rooms in the event that happened.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:21 pm

slartibartfast was very sad when the master chief blew up installation 04... he worked very hard on those fjords
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

KrAzY wrote:slartibartfast was very sad when the master chief blew up installation 04... he worked very hard on those fjords

This Cave is not a natural formation. Someone built it, so it must lead somewhere.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 pm

KristallNacht wrote:or different planet designers, like in Hitchhiker 's Guide.

And nothing anywhere said the Halo's could fire independently. That would defeat the entire purpose. A flood form could just get away from his nearest one and keep on going. The idea was to wipe the entire galaxy at once. NTM in 2 you can see in all the cutscenes at the end that all the Rings were activating until 05 was canceled, and then they all cooled off.
The rings CAN be fired independently, but they weren't set to do so.

Remember 343 Guilty Spark's 'Tactical Pulse' in Halo 3? That's what the Forerunner were doing the first time around.
But, like you noted, it didn't work. The Flood were just too widespread, and the Halos were too hard to move.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:or different planet designers, like in Hitchhiker 's Guide.

The rings CAN be fired independently, but they weren't set to do so.

Remember 343 Guilty Spark's 'Tactical Pulse' in Halo 3? That's what the Forerunner were doing the first time around.
But, like you noted, it didn't work. The Flood were just too widespread, and the Halos were too hard to move.
The idea in Halo 1 was to stop our quarter of the Galaxy from getting life-nuked. In Halo 2, the Covenant didn't even KNOW about the Ark. At least, not really. They found out, of course, and realized firing one ring just wasn't enough. They still tried anyways, though.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Not Flood infected Spartans. That's some terribad speculation based on a few screens. I'd say that they're Forerunners, maybe infected, or maybe just not wearing any armor.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 pm

To bee fair the flood spartans are from a multi gametype which im assuming is 343's take on infection which would make me very happy because it'll make the game type be more zombier!
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Not Flood infected Spartans. That's some terribad speculation based on a few screens. I'd say that they're Forerunners, maybe infected, or maybe just not wearing any armor.

1. If they're Forerunners, why weren't they killed when the rings fired?

2. If they're out of range of the rings, how come they are still alive 10,000 years later? I know Gravemind survived that long, but the basic combat form isn't the most durable creature in the universe.

3. So in this new trilogy, we're dragging the Flood back in AGAIN!? Look I get that the Flood probably would still exist after Halo 3, in some Forerunner facilities, but I thought this was supposed to be a new story. I suppose they could just be a multiplayer thing, which I'm fine with. I just hope Halo 4 doesn't end with yet another Flood outbreak and Chief having to blow up either the Requiem, or the planet to kill them and the Prometheans.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Vigil wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Not Flood infected Spartans. That's some terribad speculation based on a few screens. I'd say that they're Forerunners, maybe infected, or maybe just not wearing any armor.

1. If they're Forerunners, why weren't they killed when the rings fired?

2. If they're out of range of the rings, how come they are still alive 10,000 years later? I know Gravemind survived that long, but the basic combat form isn't the most durable creature in the universe.

3. So in this new trilogy, we're dragging the Flood back in AGAIN!? Look I get that the Flood probably would still exist after Halo 3, in some Forerunner facilities, but I thought this was supposed to be a new story. I suppose they could just be a multiplayer thing, which I'm fine with. I just hope Halo 4 doesn't end with yet another Flood outbreak and Chief having to blow up either the Requiem, or the planet to kill them and the Prometheans.
Vigil, you have to remember that it is one picture. In any case, wouldn't the Flood-Spartans look HUMAN? They also might be products of the Composer. Remember, there are some Flood specimens lying around. I'm sure genetic splicing isn't out of the question.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Those dont look like Spartans, at all.

Also they look like even a stretch for Flood, They still have (most) of their armor on and they are all smiley and creepy looking, The flood don't even use the head's of those they infect it just kind of falls back and withers.

If they are flood which it is certainty possible, they aren't human.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 pm

dragoon9105 wrote: they aren't human.
As I said.

They really don't look like Flood either.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Those dont look like Spartans, at all.

Also they look like even a stretch for Flood, They still have (most) of their armor on and they are all smiley and creepy looking, The flood don't even use the head's of those they infect it just kind of falls back and withers.

If they are flood which it is certainty possible, they aren't human.

It's really hard to tell. I did some digging and those shots are from a new multiplayer infection-like mode called ''Flood''.

Given the redesigns we've seen on Chief, Cortana, the Covenant and everything else, is it so hard a stretch for these to be Flood Combat forms?

Besides Spartans are pretty different to humans physiologically, so their bodies might react differently to the infection. Yes I know I'm reaching here, but I still think it's a possibility.

Also, no complaints about the mantis?
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:01 pm

mechs are stupid but i'm done with halo so 343 can do what ever the fuck they want
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:05 pm

KrAzY wrote:mechs are stupid but i'm done with halo so 343 can do what ever the fuck they want

For a brief shining moment, I considered coming back one last time and see where they went with it.

Now I'm back to being done with Halo.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm

I thought it looked cool too, but all the stuff I can see them adding just seem so... generic.

Halo was already fairly generic. it was the story and universe it was in that made it interesting. now it is a story with a character who'se story was over (thus ruining the powerful ending of halo 3) with mechs and glow robots on a new planet with the same humans and covenant again...

adding new things is fine... but if you add new things it has to go along with the end of the previous story... not just continuing a story that was done.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:27 pm

KrAzY wrote:I thought it looked cool too, but all the stuff I can see them adding just seem so... generic.

Halo was already fairly generic. it was the story and universe it was in that made it interesting. now it is a story with a character who'se story was over (thus ruining the powerful ending of halo 3) with mechs and glow robots on a new planet with the same humans and covenant again...

adding new things is fine... but if you add new things it has to go along with the end of the previous story... not just continuing a story that was done.

There were some thing that sounded interesting. The Forerunner stuff was interesting and I felt it could make for an interesting plot. I still think Halo 3's ending is where that character's story should have ended, but I was hoping they're surprise me with this new team working on it.

But all this stuff they're adding, especially on the multiplayer side, it brings it horribly closer to call of duty, with pre-set loadouts you can customise which include Armour abilities and straight up perks, killcams and final death cams. Sure Halo's multiplayer did need be adjusted, but to just merge it with what's popular feels like a mistake to me. In the end it's just going to end up feeling like Crysis 2 which was COD with power armour. Sure that's probably way to harsh, as from what I've seen there's a lot there that looks and does play like Halo of yore, but new system on top just brings that generic FPS syndrome of seeing the same setups in every damn game.

Also, all the new modes are great, but so was Stockpile, and Invasion, and Headhunter. You know why those failed? Because they didn't have enough supported maps and most people who played Halo play slayer gametypes. Objective games have always suffered and I don't think they've added enough incentive to make them truly last.

Also Addendum: 343 Confirmed that the Flood ARE NOT in the Campaign, and are multiplayer only. So one possible problem gone I guess.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Vigil wrote:Also, no complaints about the mantis?
Complaints? I think it looks awesome. I mean, the UNSC already had the Cyclops, so why not expand upon it?

I think it's good that the Flood are in MP but not SP. They'll add some variety without being overtly out-of-canon.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next