Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers]

+27
Rasq'uire'laskar
Elabajaba
Kasrkin Seath
Rotaretilbo
Carlos Spicyweiner
Lord Pheonix
Onyxknight
CivBase
Ascendant Justice
A_Bearded_Swede
RX
JumpingJet
TNine
Vtrooper
dragoon9105
Ukurse
Angatar
Gauz
Ringleader
Death no More
Gold Spartan
Vigil
Divine Virus
Felix
KristallNacht
PiEdude
Nocbl2
31 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers] - Page 16 Empty Re: MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers]

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:No, I don't think you understand. Once I'm done with this game, I'm hunting down his voice actor.

I'm also starting to notice lore inconsistencies. In Mass Effect 2, no one knows who is abducting human colonies, there are no survivors, and there is only one Collector ship that's been doing it all. In Mass Effect 3, James mentions that he survived a Collector attack on a human colony and destroyed a Collector ship in the process.
Actually, we know that there was more than one Collector ship, because it was a surprise that the same ship that had killed Shepard was the one that harvested New Horizon. In addition, the Alliance was investigating the disappearances itself, and certainly knew of the Collectors after New Horizon.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers] - Page 16 Empty Re: MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers]

Post by Vigil Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:No, I don't think you understand. Once I'm done with this game, I'm hunting down his voice actor.

I'm also starting to notice lore inconsistencies. In Mass Effect 2, no one knows who is abducting human colonies, there are no survivors, and there is only one Collector ship that's been doing it all. In Mass Effect 3, James mentions that he survived a Collector attack on a human colony and destroyed a Collector ship in the process.
Actually, we know that there was more than one Collector ship, because it was a surprise that the same ship that had killed Shepard was the one that harvested New Horizon. In addition, the Alliance was investigating the disappearances itself, and certainly knew of the Collectors after New Horizon.

It's why Ashley/Kaiden was deployed on Horizon as the Alliance was investigating the Collector threat themselves.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3s-resurgence-pack-dlc-free-on-april-10/

Bioware seem to be trying to soften the wounds with free stuff.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Batarians and Geth? Cool.

But not cool enough.

(20% more)
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:02 pm

GETH!

This platform is pleased...
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Actually, we know that there was more than one Collector ship, because it was a surprise that the same ship that had killed Shepard was the one that harvested New Horizon. In addition, the Alliance was investigating the disappearances itself, and certainly knew of the Collectors after New Horizon.

It was initially assumed there were multiple Collector ships until it was confirmed that the ship that killed Shepard was also the ship at New Horizon and the ship that lured them with the fake distress signal and the ship the abducted the crew members and the only ship that comes out to fight them at the Collector base. This one ship has enough pods to empty the Terminus system, and the abductions happen sporadically. This all heavily indicates that there was only a single Collector ship performing these abductions. And while Shepard is having a hard time dealing with this one ship, James is off destroying another?

Vigil wrote:It's why Ashley/Kaiden was deployed on Horizon as the Alliance was investigating the Collector threat themselves.

Doesn't the Illusive Man imply that he leaked info to the Alliance so that they would send Ashley there specifically to lure the Collectors there?
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Maybe James is lying a little bit? Shepard does say she never got a chance to read his record.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:27 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Maybe James is lying a little bit? Shepard does say she he never got a chance to read his record.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:00 am

Geth Engineers? SQUEEE!
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:44 am

I finally found the time to finish the final level of Mass Effect 3. With all the rage about it, I half expected the ending to involve Rebecca Black and Twilight vampires, so in that I was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be less crap than I expected, but there was plenty of stuff that I can see were obvious issues.

1. I'd like more closure. The ending didn't tell me really anything about what happened to any of the characters. Everyone that I knew on the Citadel was obviously dead, but what about my squad members? What about all my squad members from previous games? All we got was a scene with Joker trying to get away from the blast only to crash land on a planet with at least some of the squad (for me it was only him, EDE, and Liara). And what about all the civilizations and conflicts I mended? Anything on those would be nice.
2. And speaking of which, why was Joker flying the Normany through the relays anyway? He was helping with the fight.
3. Lastly, of course, everything boiled down to three choices no matter what you did - which doesn't bother me so much. The problem is that all of those choices do effectively the exact same thing.

Thankfully #1 seems to be one of the things BioWare is going to remedy with the DLC. Hopefully they can provide an answer for #2 while they're at it.

Other questions/concerns:
> Why can't I access that last paragon question with the Illusive man? Do I really have to go back through the entire game and make an absolutely-nothing-but-paragon character? Sad face.
> The logic of the kid at the end made absolutely no sense. His train of thought was "Organics will become too powerful and either destroy everything or build synthetics that will destroy everything". So what is his solution to this 'chaos'? Why, destroy everything of course.
> The crap about the people of a cycle 'ascending' at the end made no sense. The raw minerals of their body were used to build reapers. To that extent, there aren't really any particularly unique minerals in the human body, so why use them to build reapers at all?
> Why does Shepard need to 'add his energy' to the beam in order to let synthetics and organics live peacefully together (or however they put it)? How would the insignificant amount of extra energy in Shepard's body have ANY influence that couldn't already be gathered from a rubbing two sham-wows together for a few minutes?
> Additionally, why is the beam necessary at all to let synthetics and organics live together? That was already going along rather nicely WITHOUT the reapers thanks to a certain someone who still wishes he had enough paragon points to use that last dialog on the Illusive Man.
> Shepard couldn't even get to the controls to find out what was wrong with the Crucible, so why can he suddenly stand up and even run while and after talking to the kid?

Like I said, though. I was expecting a MUCH worse ending. Just figured I'd add my thoughts to the pile.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:33 pm

CivBase wrote:
Other questions/concerns:
> Why can't I access that last paragon question with the Illusive man? Do I really have to go back through the entire game and make an absolutely-nothing-but-paragon character? Sad face.
Not really. From what I understand, you just have to use Paragon choices on him every time in the game.

CivBase wrote:> The crap about the people of a cycle 'ascending' at the end made no sense. The raw minerals of their body were used to build reapers. To that extent, there aren't really any particularly unique minerals in the human body, so why use them to build reapers at all?
I think that the DNA harvesting is only part of it. Prior to ME3, I had assumed that the consciousness of everyone harvested to make a Reaper was uploaded and connected, analogous to the Geth mind. And once that happened, the collective would be able to understand and share the Reaper's motives.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I don't think it matters what you say to the Illusive Man as long as it's Red or Blue.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
CivBase wrote:> The crap about the people of a cycle 'ascending' at the end made no sense. The raw minerals of their body were used to build reapers. To that extent, there aren't really any particularly unique minerals in the human body, so why use them to build reapers at all?
I think that the DNA harvesting is only part of it. Prior to ME3, I had assumed that the consciousness of everyone harvested to make a Reaper was uploaded and connected, analogous to the Geth mind. And once that happened, the collective would be able to understand and share the Reaper's motives.

Pretty sure that's what Space Lord Pheonix says happens.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:33 pm

[quote="CivBase"
> The logic of the kid at the end made absolutely no sense. His train of thought was "Organics will become too powerful and either destroy everything or build synthetics that will destroy everything". So what is his solution to this 'chaos'? Why, destroy everything of course.[/quote]

maybe you're just stupid.

clearly the reapers don't destroy everything. They didn't destroy the Asari, Humans, Hanar, Turian, Slarians and everything else during the last cycle.

The reapears destroy advanced civilization to keep them from destroying everything with their own synthetics so that the new civilizations can grow up. It's kind of like an etch a sketch. The goal isn't to destroy. It's to make room to build.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Organics will always make synthetics that always wipe out organic life, so Vent Kid makes synthetics to wipe out organics so the synthetics won't wipe out organics. Civ, I have no idea how you can't understand that.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:08 pm

I understand perfectly what they're saying. I just think it's effing stupid.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:06 am

CivBase wrote:I understand perfectly what they're saying. I just think it's effing stupid.

As does virtually everyone else.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:40 am

CivBase wrote:I understand perfectly what they're saying. I just think it's effing stupid.

Welcome to the rest of the internet.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Angatar wrote:Organics will always make synthetics that always wipe out organic life, so Vent Kid makes synthetics to wipe out organics so the synthetics won't wipe out organics. Civ, I have no idea how you can't understand that.

except you're missing the core idea, where his synthetics don't wipe out all organics.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:36 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Angatar wrote:Organics will always make synthetics that always wipe out organic life, so Vent Kid makes synthetics to wipe out organics so the synthetics won't wipe out organics. Civ, I have no idea how you can't understand that.

except you're missing the core idea, where his synthetics don't wipe out all organics.

But how can he say, then, that synthetics will wipe out all organics? He is the biggest, bestist synthetic and he obviously didn't. And it obviously never happened before.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:54 pm

He's Space Jesus though.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Because racecar.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Civ, that was sarcasm, my bad.

KristallNacht wrote:

It doesn't matter what the core idea is, because even then it doesn't make any fucking sense.

How, or better, why does Vent Kid know synthetics will always fight and prevail? His own existence is proof against his argument. He is a synthetic protecting organics, which he claims will never happen... "We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite." Synthetics saving organics has always happened and always will happen, apparently. Why don't the Reapers just destroy the synthetics instead of the organics, if he wants to save them so bad? Why don't the Reapers just sit in the galaxy and when organics appear at the Citadel, they say, "Those AI things you want to make- bad idea. Don't do it." and just end it there, with no mass genocide required? They have mind control, it would work.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm

You also run across the Pay to find out tidbit, that the Promethean Really really hated machines and AI and probably outside of a dramatic culture shift would have never created synthetics capable of wiping them all out if the reapers didn't kill them all.

So why not just leave the race least likely to go "Hmm i got an idea guys, lets create self aware AI.. and then arm it" The Krogan would have been a good choice, since you know... What self respecting Krogan would make something to fight for it?
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:14 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:You also run across the Pay to find out tidbit, that the Promethean Really really hated machines and AI and probably outside of a dramatic culture shift would have never created synthetics capable of wiping them all out if the reapers didn't kill them all.

So why not just leave the race least likely to go "Hmm i got an idea guys, lets create self aware AI.. and then arm it" The Krogan would have been a good choice, since you know... What self respecting Krogan would make something to fight for it?

I think they have been doing it so long that they just do it out of it being their only purpose and life and they just must now (the Reapers anyway).

The Reapers just seem to be singlemindedly destroying and don't make any difference between one organic and the other regardless of species and just want to destroy.

Space Jesus is up to his own thing though and can control WHAT they do, but not HOW they do it.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next