Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach

+39
Zaki90
MrX
Ruski
CivBase
KristallNacht
Elabajaba
noir
TYFIGHTER
Barbbachello
Offensive Bias
A_Bearded_Swede
Prasheed
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Angatar
TNine
Onyxknight
Death no More
Vigil
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Ziggy
Nocbl2
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Rasq'uire'laskar
JB
Felix
Cheese
Gold Spartan
XNate02
Vtrooper
Gauz
Divine Virus
43 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 17 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Vtrooper Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Vigil wrote:So Scott Mitchell is now not a 'Valid' protagonist?

Besides, so a game about Noble team, a definite 'Squad' based game is supposed be about them, not just the solo protangonist.

Why do you think it was said in the trailer 'No more of that lone wolf stuff.' It's obviosuly about Noble team and their story, as seen through the lone wolf.

And honest to good bitching about a silent protangist which has been a staple of halo games since the begining is one of the most assine complaints I've seen on this forum.

We should be concerning ourselves with the canonical problems, not over things as trival as the fucking BOX ART.

I said this for ODST and I say it again, it was a gameplay desicion, they characterised the squad and not the main character. And the whole 'the main character is a floating camera' is a complaint you could aim at every single FPS in the last 10 years. For christs sake Gordon Freeman has NO CHARACTERISATION, NO DIALOGUE AND NO EMOTIVE ACTIONS.

Seriously guys this argument is pure Self satisfying bullshit which is completely missing the main problems of reach.

thank you vigil for useing the example i had to make to my Lit teacher
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:49 pm

I think ODST is a bad example of that though. Yes I see exactly what your saying about feeling like your a part of the squad. But...

In ODST you weren't even with your squad for 3/4 of the game. You meet up with them at the end of the game. And even then it was just 2 people and an alien. And 1 was not even part of the initial squad.

Plus, think about it. Your the COMPLETELY NEW GUY on the squad. The people themselves don't know much about you and never meet you before this encounter. How much "feeling like your part of the squad" are you going to get when it's your very first mission together?

So bassically, yes I agree that they should make you feel part of this squad and such. And maybe they will. Here's the thing. We don't even know how the game is going to be. Is Noble 6 a silient character? Sure we can guess but we don't know that for sure.

We don't know much of anything at least as far as how the character's are and the story. At least give the game chance before calling foul on stuff like this.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:52 pm

and I am hoping for that, BUT , the whole issue with the cover, that you ahve been ignoring and yelling at me about, is that they aren't even showing the character in the group.... so this could very easily turn into an ODST clone as far as that story goes...

you have to remember... ODST is bungies latest game... so as far as how they are doing stuff, it is the only source we can really sample from...

if they have the Lone Wolf integrated well... well good for them. All me and dud are saying is that if he isn't even important enough to be on the cover with the rest of the squad... what makes you think he will feel like part of the squad?

I don;t gave two fucks about canon any more... In my mind this halo universe is a parallel one where the stuff we know isn't true any more... I do care about how integrated I feel in the squad, as that will be a very important part to how much fun I have in the game.

Last edited by KrAzY on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:00 pm

The difference is that Noble Team is not the leading protagonist, because you only play as the Lone Wolf. In almost all of Tom Clancey's game, you can play as whoever you want, to the degree of being able to switch characters mid-level.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Well I give up. If you guys and all your internet wisdom can't enjoy a simple video game that is meant for entertainment just becuase of a missing person on the games cover is none of my concern. You can have your opinions and I'll have mine.

I will however, continue to post any new content about Reach here in this thread.

So good day to you sirs.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:10 pm

way to not even read my argument, Rock

I am not pissed about the cover art, I am pissed because about what the cover art implies, which WILL hinder my enjoyment of the game when it releases.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:12 pm

I did read it. I just choose not to respond to it.

What's the point? Look where it's gotten us thus far.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:16 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:I did read it. I just choose not to respond to it.

What's the point? Look where it's gotten us thus far.

its obvious you didn't read it, as your response implies that you still think its about the cover... so either you didn't read it, or you are too dumb to understand what this whole thing is about

(not an insult, calling dumb to imply that you didn't read)

Last edited by KrAzY on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:18 pm

KrAzY wrote:
I am not pissed about the cover art, I am pissed because about what the cover art implies, which WILL hinder my enjoyment of the game when it releases.
Fair enough. See me personally, I really enjoyed ODST. So if Halo Reach had some characteristics from ODST, it's not going to bother me that much. But again, that's just me personally.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:The difference is that Noble Team is not the leading protagonist, because you only play as the Lone Wolf. In almost all of Tom Clancey's game, you can play as whoever you want, to the degree of being able to switch characters mid-level.

I would disagree with that Rot, as most Tom clancy games have one set role and a more flexible squad, or solo op.

The only game that wasn't like that were the earlier Rainbow six games (Vegas changed all that) and the original Ghost recon and Island Thunder.

Krazy, I understand you feel it will be similar to ODST, why does the intergration of the Lone Wolf have to be seen in third person? The point of a silent protagonist is for the player to imerse themselves into the boots of character and act they way they want to situations. Besides, we have no idea whether or not the lone wolf is a silent protagonist, as we have seen one trailer which was obviously taken from an opening cutscene, we don't know if he will talk in the other cutscenes. Your jumping to an assumption based on boxed art. The point of this character is to intergrate you into the team, not the Lone wolf.

And the whole characterisation thing, in the Metroid prime series Samus never spoke and was in every cutscene, and see reacted to what was in front of her with her body movements. The same can be same of the rookie.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:26 pm

KrAzY wrote:
its obvious you didn't read it, as your response implies that you still think its about the cover... so either you didn't read it, or you are too dumb to understand what this whole thing is about
Krazy, don't be so foolish as to act that way.

I did read your argument. I have a reason that I belive personally to be why Noble 6 is not important enough to be on the cover.
That is what you said right? Why is Nole 6 not important enough to be on the cover. Which makes you think that it will be like ODST which you did not like. Is that not what your fear is?

If so then fine. If you dont like ODST then no one can change that. Like I said I personally liked ODST so it makes no diff to me.

Again, I see where your coming from Krazy. You were not fond of ODST so if Halo Reach becomes like ODST, then that's going to make you not enjoy the game I understand that. Just understand that some of us actually enjoyed ODST.

I don't know how to word this anymore.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:34 pm

I enjoyed ODST too...all the parts where I wasn't the rookie I felt perfectly like I was part of the squad, and it was fun as hell being included with them.

in my opinion ODST would have been greatly enhanced if you had just played through the different levels as the rest of the squad, and never even brought the rookie into the mess.

I am just afraid that the lieutenant will turn into a rookie character, an unnecessary character placed only to to act as a camera in between scenes where you are the other, better, characters.... I know we won't be swiching characters like in ODST, but it still runs the risk of just being a camera following the squad.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Perfectly accecptable Krazy.

The only and LAST thing that I will say about this and I think you already understand so forgive me for saying it again is...

You can make all the assumptions you want but that doesn't make them true. You could be exactly right. Or you could be wrong completely. The Same goes for me and others. The simple fact is we just do not know. Unless Bungie says exactly what this gameplay in Reach is going to be like then we have nothing but speculation and assumptions to go off of. And they could be just as well wrong as they could be right. The point is we just don't know. Me personally, I say wait until you actaully play the game.

That's just how I feel. And you can feel how you feel about this. I respect your opinion that you don't want it to turn into a gameplay/story telling style that you don't particularly care for. That's perfectly fine.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Quote me if I'm wrong but when bungie talked about ODST they said it is about a lone ODST searching for his lost squad?

Yet in Reach they say that the game is about you and your squad?
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Baconsen wrote:Quote me if I'm wrong but when bungie talked about ODST they said it is about a lone ODST searching for his lost squad?

In the Vidoc, they say and I quote they wanted to 'Humanise the spartans'.

And Krazy, if you didn't like the Rookie, I have no problem with that, and I can see why you'd be concerned, but at the end of the game, your jumping to a conclusion based on the box art, which I don't think is a very way to judge the game's protagonist. There are many games that do not show the protagonist on the main cover, but that doesn't have an effect on his role in game.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Vigil wrote:
Baconsen wrote:Quote me if I'm wrong but when bungie talked about ODST they said it is about a lone ODST searching for his lost squad?

In the Vidoc, they say and I quote they wanted to 'Humanise the spartans'.

okay

so why would bungie make all the Spartans more life like and different if they weren't planning to make they game feel like your a part of a squad?
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Exactly. We have very little to go by, but assumptions, but what Bungie have actually said about the game seems to disagree with your problems.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm basing my fears off of their latest product... if they fix it, great... I am going to buy the game either way as it looks fun, and as I said before, I am considering this as a different halo than before so I don't care about the canon issues any more.

the game looks fantastic... and it looks fun.... the amout the character meshes with the squad will affect how much fun I will have, and its the only thing that I am worrying about.

I don't take everything at face value ... bungie hasn't done a good squad shooter yet, so I will be skeptical until they prove me wrong
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:12 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Perfectly accecptable Krazy.
You can make all the assumptions you want but that doesn't make them true. You could be exactly right. Or you could be wrong completely. The Same goes for me and others. The simple fact is we just do not know. Unless Bungie says exactly what this gameplay in Reach is going to be like then we have nothing but speculation and assumptions to go off of. And they could be just as well wrong as they could be right. The point is we just don't know. Me personally, I say wait until you actaully play the game.

That's just how I feel. And you can feel how you feel about this. I respect your opinion that you don't want it to turn into a gameplay/story telling style that you don't particularly care for. That's perfectly fine.
You must acknowledge that we aren't making random assumptions without a foundation of evidence. While we could be wrong, everything we have seen so far regarding Noble 6 supports the theory that we are playing as yet another silent protagonist. We do, in fact, have reason to believe that.

I did like ODST. I loved the atmosphere they accomplished in the campaign, the feel. However, I HATED how the protagonist had an absent character. And the way the are focusing on the squad, not the protagonist, the same exact way they did before ODST, the silent treatment he gave us in the trailer, and that he wasn't important enough to be featured on the front cover along with the rest of the squad are all strong indicators that this approach will be repeated in Reach. Hell, even the ROOKIE was on the front cover in ODST!

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:You must acknowledge that we aren't making random assumptions without a foundation of evidence. While we could be wrong, everything we have seen so far regarding Noble 6 supports the theory that we are playing as yet another silent protagonist. We do, in fact, have reason to believe that.
And everything we have been saying has it's evidence too.

See how it works? It can go both ways. We just simply don't know.

But really truely, it's all personal preference.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:26 pm

KrAzY wrote:I'm basing my fears off of their latest product... if they fix it, great... I am going to buy the game either way as it looks fun, and as I said before, I am considering this as a different halo than before so I don't care about the canon issues any more.

the game looks fantastic... and it looks fun.... the amout the character meshes with the squad will affect how much fun I will have, and its the only thing that I am worrying about.

I don't take everything at face value ... bungie hasn't done a good squad shooter yet, so I will be skeptical until they prove me wrong

Look at the difference in narrative story telling between all 4 Bungie Halo games, they always alter something relevant to the story they are telling. The Covenant perspective in Halo 2, the Cortana/ Gravemind Moments of Halo 3 and the Flashbacks of ODST. I do think they have enough in their track record to change it for this situation.

Agreed.

Neither do I, I'm being very cautious with the vidoc and I do have worries and compliants about the game, but they have trod in new territory many times and have made a decent games from them, look at Marathon and myth for example, not to mention ONI.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:42 pm

This really sums up how I feel.

Halo: Reach - Page 17 20100213
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:This really sums up how I feel.

I resent that.

Halo has an amazing rack.

Last edited by Felix on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:This really sums up how I feel.

Agreed.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:06 pm

I don't know about your Halo's but my Halo has never cheated on me. She knows her place. Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next