Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears Vs. Halo

+20
Zaki90
TNine
kslidz
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
Dud Doodoo
MrX
Angatar
Ukurse
Ringleader
Barbbachello
Avenged
Cheese
Felix
Ascendant Justice
Death no More
Vtrooper
Gauz
KristallNacht
Divine Virus
24 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gears Vs. Halo - Page 4 Empty Re: Gears Vs. Halo

Post by kslidz Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:20 pm

i dont personally like either series that much
i do think out of the six (if you include halowars) games halo 1 is teh best then the gow games
but halo 2 and 3 make me wanna take a shit in the president of bungies mouth

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:23 pm

kslidz wrote:i dont personally like either series that much
i do think out of the six (if you include halowars) games halo 1 is teh best then the gow games

Finally a person with some logic. This thread is finally looking like its going somewhere.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:Gears of War all around sucks ass, while Halo is a solid series.

End of story.

LOL fail harder. I also see your fanboys have, yet again, failed to actually make a counter point to my posts.

Death no more wrote: You Sir have just made a epic win.

And you clearly don't know what an "epic win" is.

You're also a fanboy. So, fanboy arguement invalid.

Gears is not an epic win.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:29 pm

kslidz wrote:i dont personally like either series that much

first off, you have a wierd taste in punishment...

Second, halo 2 was good in the fact it expanded and fixed the problems of the first one. Seems odd you want a very new story every game. Yes, it was the same basic story, but it did it well.

Halo 3 did the same thing, and it wasn't as great as the other two, but it did do some things right.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:32 pm

no i dont care about the story i dont play shooters for story i leave that up to mass effect

i hate the online play and all of it and the story sucks too but i was talking solely about multiplayer
just saying

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:37 pm

kslidz wrote:no i dont care about the story i dont play shooters for story i leave that up to mass effect

i hate the online play and all of it and the story sucks too but i was talking solely about multiplayer
just saying

Then I don't care about you. Your arguement is invalid as you only judge half a game. The story is there for a reason. Now, if it was a game like TF2, then of course you would only judge the multiplayer.

When you say you hate the online play, what do you mean? There are many factors to that. And the story didn't really suck, it just didn't live up to the enormis hype.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:Gears of War all around sucks ass, while Halo is a solid series.

End of story.

LOL fail harder. I also see your fanboys have, yet again, failed to actually make a counter point to my posts.

I am a Gears of War fanboy. But not to the extent that I cannot see which of the two games is better. And I never said Gears was an epic win, as it does have several problems with it that EPIC is refusing to fix.

Also I love how you put in the time and effort of responding to my other post. So I'll just guess that you admitted defeat.

pro tip: Telling someone that their argument is "invalid" doesn't make you sound or look intelligent. *whispers* you actually have to bring a logical argument to the table.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

End of story.

I am a Gears of War fanboy. But not to the extent that I cannot see which of the two games is better. And I never said Gears was an epic win, as it does have several problems with it that EPIC is refusing to fix.

Also I love how you put in the time and effort of responding to my other post. So I'll just guess that you admitted defeat.

pro tip: Telling someone that their argument is "invalid" doesn't make you sound or look intelligent. *whispers* you actually have to bring a logical argument to the table.

I was stating that fanboy argument is invalid. It is invalid as being a fanboy would usually tend to the side you're a fan of.

What was the post? I'll look into it.

pro tip: lightsabers and guitars = win.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

End of story.

I was stating that fanboy argument is invalid. It is invalid as being a fanboy would usually tend to the side you're a fan of.

I am a fan of both games, however Gears is superior to Halo.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

End of story.

I am a fan of both games, however Gears is superior to Halo.

You're a fanboy of Gears. and you didn't answer my other questions...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Look on the previous page. Also I can see that Rock is really trying hard to piss me off, however I will not take the bait.

How about you go and make a thread about your lightsabers and guitars or something? I'll be good and angry by tomorrow morning, I promise you. I'll have ALL Sunday to yell at you.

Felix wrote:You're a fanboy of Gears.

And I already admitted that I was.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:Also I can see that Rock is really trying hard to piss me off

I'm hear to please. Very Happy

But on a serious note, I say you should just stop AJ. I have restricted myself from posting on this thread again sence the argument broke out because there is no way that I or any others will convince you to change your mind and there is no way that you are going to change our minds. Even though I completely disagree with your choice and the points you make. I find it pointless to argue with you because I will not and can not change your mind and the same goes for us. I said it twice so you would get the point.

Then again, you guys may get a kick out of internet arguments so don't let me stop you if you wish to ignore my point.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:14 pm

AJ, just because you don't see logic, or think your posts are logical, doesn't mean it's true. YOU think that GoW is better, YOU say that we can't see which game is better, YOU say that books make games better (i do say that reading books make a game better, but something not explained in the game cannot be used as support for the games storyline).

The fact is, the world does NOT revolve around YOU, and sometimes YOU are the one that has to see logic.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:17 pm

TNine wrote:

The fact is, the world does NOT revolve around YOU, and sometimes YOU are the one that has to see logic.

Well, if he is really, really, really fat, then the world would revolve around him/
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:19 pm

TNine wrote:AJ, just because you don't see logic, or think your posts are logical, doesn't mean it's true. YOU think that GoW is better, YOU say that we can't see which game is better, YOU say that books make games better (i do say that reading books make a game better, but something not explained in the game cannot be used as support for the games storyline).

That too.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:52 pm

TNine wrote:AJ, just because you don't see logic, or think your posts are logical, doesn't mean it's true.

But when people who respond with stuff that doesn't even remotely relate to what I just said, then yes it does mean that my posts are logical.

YOU think that GoW is better, YOU say that we can't see which game is better, YOU say that books make games better (i do say that reading books make a game better, but something not explained in the game cannot be used as support for the games storyline).

Yes I do say that Gears is better, thank you for stating the obvious yet again. As for your bracketed statement, yes it can.

I do see logic, however there is barely any of it being presented to me in this thread.

btw, my responses are in bold.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:58 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Also I can see that Rock is really trying hard to piss me off

I'm hear to please. Very Happy

But on a serious note, I say you should just stop AJ. I have restricted myself from posting on this thread again sence the argument broke out because there is no way that I or any others will convince you to change your mind and there is no way that you are going to change our minds. Even though I completely disagree with your choice and the points you make. I find it pointless to argue with you because I will not and can not change your mind and the same goes for us. I said it twice so you would get the point.

Then again, you guys may get a kick out of internet arguments so don't let me stop you if you wish to ignore my point.

I have not ignored your point, however internet arguments are incredibly fun ESPECIALLY when people like TNine get serious.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Yeah, Gears and ESPECIALLY Gears 2 did not approach the level of story that Halo brought to the table.

At least Gears didn't repeat the same story three times in a row...

That automatically makes it better.

Two words...

Rock Worm

My point is settled.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Yeah, Gears and ESPECIALLY Gears 2 did not approach the level of story that Halo brought to the table.

At least Gears didn't repeat the same story three times in a row...

That automatically makes it better.

But they did it twice.

No they did not. Halo literally reused the same story line 3 times in each of their games. Even Halo Wars did the same thing.

Gears is just terrible. The characters I hate.

So I take it the only type of game characters you like are the faceless super soldiers who's back story involves, killing, killing, and more killing. Also the game is most certainly not terrible. The controls are simple and the gameplay is smooth. The campaign takes you to a variety of different locations with beautiful environments. Killing the locust in the most brutal ways possible never gets old. It has dozens of hours of replay ability OFFLINE never mind the online gameplay (which still needs work). To top it off it has TONS of maps and fun gametypes to go along with it.

the only one I did like died, gameplay went along the lines "more blood = more fun"

That's what Gears is numb nuts. Its supposed to be gory, why the fuck do you think EPIC included a fucking chainsaw bayonet? Why don't you head on back to the cartoon wonderland of Halo Wars?

Also, at the end of the game, when they try to make it as "Marcus really does have feelings" he just strugs it off like "eh, I really don't care that you're alive, even though I spent thirty seconds in panic when I didn't see or hear you..."

Read the bloody books before you even try to comment on the story. Then you will know why Marcus acts the way he does.

Bold responses are mine. So basically, you have no right what so ever to comment on a game's story until you read the entire game's back story.

Fail more please.

Cliff- OK guys, were gonna have rock worms that like, totally eat entire cities and poop them out, and then you will shoot a light mass bomb into it, and blow its guts all up in the Jacinto and then blow up the planet.

Developer- That doesn't really sound that good Mr. Bazinski, I think that may be too much epic for Epic studios, tone it back a little.

Cliff- I hardly know the meaning of the word "over the top"

Developer- I never said over the top.

Cliff- wat
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Did not even see this argument brewing, so I should take my side.

Halo is better than Gears.

I am indifferent toward both games. Have never read any of the books (like normal people).

Halo is just funner and does not compose of random bricks that are always chest high and shooting from them until they are dead. Instead the fighting on bridges killing the people on the over bridge, then hiding behind the other thing waiting for my health, and then kill the remaining and run back and plasma nade the elite with the sword is much more fun.

The story never really attached to me. Halo really had a colorful background that isn't full of bodybuilders who's wives died, (because I truly do not care about Dom). I like the wider synopsis of killing an alien species that is parasitic all the while fighting a alien species from across the galaxy.

As for the emotion, Halo has the most quality, but Gears has the quantity.

Gears put too much emotion that I did not care about. I don't care if his wife dies, what does that do to me? No one cares.

But when to comes to stopping a parasitic virus from infecting everyone, you actually care.

But truly,

Half Life/Half Life 2 and Bio Shock still beat Gears and Halo both put together times a million.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Halo - 10
Halo2 - 7
Halo3 - 8

GOW- 9
GOW2- 6

Half Life - 8 ----------(I really didn't get the story just by playing the game, unlike HL2)
Half Life 2- 10

Bioshock- 8

Homeworld- 11
Homeworld Cata - 6
Homeworld 2 - 8

Crysis - 9
Crysis Warhead - 8

X3 - 8
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:32 am

Ringleader wrote:Halo - 10
Halo2 - 7
Halo3 - 8

GOW- 9
GOW2- 6

Half Life - 8 ----------(I really didn't get the story just by playing the game, unlike HL2)
Half Life 2- 10

Bioshock- 8

Homeworld- 11
Homeworld Cata - 6
Homeworld 2 - 8

Crysis - 9
Crysis Warhead - 8

X3 - 8

Bioshock is some much better than Gears.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:43 am

Zaki90 wrote:Did not even see this argument brewing, so I should take my side.

Halo is better than Gears.

I am indifferent toward both games. Have never read any of the books (like normal people).

Halo is just funner and does not compose of random bricks that are always chest high and shooting from them until they are dead. Instead the fighting on bridges killing the people on the over bridge, then hiding behind the other thing waiting for my health, and then kill the remaining and run back and plasma nade the elite with the sword is much more fun.

The story never really attached to me. Halo really had a colorful background that isn't full of bodybuilders who's wives died, (because I truly do not care about Dom). I like the wider synopsis of killing an alien species that is parasitic all the while fighting a alien species from across the galaxy.

As for the emotion, Halo has the most quality, but Gears has the quantity.

Gears put too much emotion that I did not care about. I don't care if his wife dies, what does that do to me? No one cares.

But when to comes to stopping a parasitic virus from infecting everyone, you actually care.

Halo most certainly does NOT have better quality in its "emotional" scenes. Again I will say this, no one here has any right to comment on a game's story until they read the novels that go with it.

Halo has a colorful background? lol no Zaki. Halo's background involves aliens randomly showing up and ROFLSTOMPING the UNSC controlled planets for no reason whatsoever and killing billions in the process. More info on the Halo background, it has a very depressing story line. Any characters that you get to like, immediately get killed. There is maybe one point of attempted humor out of ALL the novels (where Kelly flips off an onyx sentinel) other than that it is basically, we fight and fight some more until we all die, then we pull back to another world and fight some more.

Why must I get a host of morons responding to all of my posts?
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:47 am

I hadn't really had a chance to thouroughly play Bioshock because the installation process is inherently flawed. For some reason, at the end of the installation process, it automatically tries to download and install the latest patch during the installation process, when it cant download the patch (it never can) the installation process is halted and cannot continue.

So much a hassle is this that no matter how good the game was, I am instantly going to knock two points of from the sheer hassle it has been trying to get 2K to help me fix this problem. It has literally been 3 months and I still haven't even installed the game. The only chance I got was playing it when my brother borrowed it, and I only played two levels.

Hello 2k Representative

I do not get any errors during the installation process. It is near the end of the installation, when the installer tries to download the latest patch, it simply will not download.

I can download the patch separately, but that is irrelevant because it has download the patch during the installation process, which is kind of a poor design, but I digress. Please, please please help me!

Regards

Ethan Nino

To: ethannino@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 4:35:22 AM
Subject: Re: Bioshock will not install [#27039]

Dear Ethan,
Are you getting any error messages when you try to install the game ?

Kind regards,
Rosi
Technical Support

--Original Message--
Date: 01/08/2009 01:52:12
To: usa@take2support.com

Hello 2K representative:

My connection is not a buisness connection if thats what you mean, it's at my house. I would say that its a private connection. I am not certain what you mean by it bieng a personal connection, We have a router, and the connection is split to several computers if thats what you mean. Our connection is part of the Charter bundle with telephone.

Regards

Ethan Nino

Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:27:10 AM

Dear Ethan,
Are you using a personal Internet connection?

Kind regards,
Matthew
Technical Support

--Original Message--
Date: 15/07/2009 03:00:56

Hello 2K representative,

I still am unable to get Bioshock to install, no matter what I try it is always comes up with the same "the patch file is corrupt error". I opened the port like the email instructed, disabled the virus scanning programs, I made internet explorer my default browser, I tried downloading the patch desperately hoping that I could somehow use it for the installation process, but alas, nothing. The patch can download just fine separately, but not during the installation process. I really see no other solution to this problem, please make some kind program that will allow me to install the game without having to update during installation. I have never encountered a game that I have to update on the spot, but seeing how problematic it is, I would advise not releasing any more 2K games in which you have to use Internet Explorer with no virus protection, having to open port settings under the blue moon just to install, let alone play the game!

Most Sincerest Regards

Ethan Nino

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:28:43 PM

Dear Ethan,
The reason for the autopatch failing could be due to background applications causing a conflict. To disable these when completing the installation, do the following:
- Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press "R".
- Type "MSCONFIG" and click OK.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Click Disable All.
- Click Apply and then Close.
- Restart your computer.
- When your computer starts up again, ignore any messages from System Configuration.
- Complete the installation.
If you have AVG on your PC, we recommend you uninstall it, because an update to AVG recognises Bioshock as a virus.
If you access the internet through a router, you may need to open port 28900.
If you access the internet through a college or workplace network, you will need to ask the administrator of the network to open port 28900.

Kind regards,
Nicholas
Technical Support

--Original Message--
Date: 12/06/2009 01:19:19
Subject: Bioshock will not install

Hello 2K representative:

I am having trouble installing my copy of Bioshock, when the installer reaches the point where it searches for the latest patch, it reads "The BioShock patch file is corrupt". The error description explains that the wizard will try to download the file again, but the same error message comes up. There seems to be no way past this error in terms of installing, in fact, it seems that you have to have an internet connection in order to install this game, which is problem as any one connection may not be compatible with the installer. Please help!

Thanks

Ethan Nino
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down