Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears Vs. Halo

+20
Zaki90
TNine
kslidz
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
Dud Doodoo
MrX
Angatar
Ukurse
Ringleader
Barbbachello
Avenged
Cheese
Felix
Ascendant Justice
Death no More
Vtrooper
Gauz
KristallNacht
Divine Virus
24 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gears Vs. Halo - Page 5 Empty Re: Gears Vs. Halo

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:54 am

Bioshock is cool. If you have an Xbox 360 then just buy it for that (if you still cant get it to install). Its worth it.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:59 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:Did not even see this argument brewing, so I should take my side.

Halo is better than Gears.

I am indifferent toward both games. Have never read any of the books (like normal people).

Halo is just funner and does not compose of random bricks that are always chest high and shooting from them until they are dead. Instead the fighting on bridges killing the people on the over bridge, then hiding behind the other thing waiting for my health, and then kill the remaining and run back and plasma nade the elite with the sword is much more fun.

The story never really attached to me. Halo really had a colorful background that isn't full of bodybuilders who's wives died, (because I truly do not care about Dom). I like the wider synopsis of killing an alien species that is parasitic all the while fighting a alien species from across the galaxy.

As for the emotion, Halo has the most quality, but Gears has the quantity.

Gears put too much emotion that I did not care about. I don't care if his wife dies, what does that do to me? No one cares.

But when to comes to stopping a parasitic virus from infecting everyone, you actually care.

Halo most certainly does NOT have better quality in its "emotional" scenes. Again I will say this, no one here has any right to comment on a game's story until they read the novels that go with it.

Halo has a colorful background? lol no Zaki. Halo's background involves aliens randomly showing up and ROFLSTOMPING the UNSC controlled planets for no reason whatsoever and killing billions in the process. More info on the Halo background, it has a very depressing story line. Any characters that you get to like, immediately get killed. There is maybe one point of attempted humor out of ALL the novels (where Kelly flips off an onyx sentinel) other than that it is basically, we fight and fight some more until we all die, then we pull back to another world and fight some more.

Why must I get a host of morons responding to all of my posts?

Well, call it more realistic then freaking, going inside of a worm and killing it and then getting out of a worm, and still be alive. Call it less stupid then a wise crack from Baird ever cut scene, Call it killing billions of people, but not killing the two new characters introduced in the second installment. Call me Grind Lift.

You have basically described why Halo is better then GOW, you just haven't attributed good story material with good story, and undermined key elements in Halo that I'm sure most of us disagree with you on. Furthermore you can undermine it to any level, and still be nowhere in terms of an in deph analysis of why GOW is more "emotionally entrenching" then Halo. Like I said,

rock... worm....
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:12 am

The GIIAAANNTT WWOOOORRRMMM is what makes Gears unique unlike Halo. Halo's storyline has been done time and time again and let me remind you that Halo is, whether you like it or not, an almost exact copy of starcraft. Thus, its story fails.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:21 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:The GIIAAANNTT WWOOOORRRMMM is what makes Gears unique unlike Halo.

A giant worm... that was retarded. I felt like in was in Spongebob with Sandy.

And if Gears requires a Giant Worm to be unique. That is sad.

Ascendant Justice wrote:Halo's storyline has been done time and time again and let me remind you that Halo is, whether you like it or not, an almost exact copy of starcraft. Thus, its story fails.

Did you just compare the story of Starcraft to Halo?

Starcraft involves a much much different story. It doesn't even have a parasitic virus. It does not a big ring. No ships you must destroy to blow the ring. No cybernetic super cyborg with an A.I. sidekick. No robots from the past who betray and want to kill you.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:The GIIAAANNTT WWOOOORRRMMM is what makes Gears unique unlike Halo. Halo's storyline has been done time and time again and let me remind you that Halo is, whether you like it or not, an almost exact copy of starcraft. Thus, its story fails.

Dune
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:12 am

Halo is better

Gears sucks
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:14 am

Can't say much about the first, but Gears of War 2 sucked.

The storyline was horrid, mostly because there were always weak connections made from one mission to the next. The characters and the events were completely unrealistic also.

The characters were completely emotionless (besides saying fuck, shit, & damn whenever something popped out of the ground and killed a friend).

There wasn't really anything epic that occured in the game, except the giant worm that would eat the cities (seriously, this would be the kind of thing a toddler would come up with).

The only good thing about the game that is unique is it's hardcore gameplay and storyline, which was wayyyyy over the top. That's the downfall too, when that's the only reason people play the game. It really shows how fucking stupid gamers are if they are entertained by endless violence and cursing.

At least Halo had the decency to keep the storyline straight and keep the gameplay fun without having to add extra violence just to keep up with other franchises.
Arty
Arty
Minion

Male Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:37 am

Zaki90 wrote:

Half Life/Half Life 2 and Bio Shock still beat Gears and Halo both put together times a million.

Half-life and bioshock sucked. Both a bore.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:48 am

Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Half Life/Half Life 2 and Bio Shock still beat Gears and Halo both put together times a million.

This is one of the reasons you have lost the right to comment about video games.

Oh yeah, argument wise, Arty owned all of you.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:49 am

Gauz wrote:Halo is better

Gears sucks

Nice comeback I can see the effort you put into this post.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:52 am

Zaki90 wrote:Did you just compare the story of Starcraft to Halo?

Starcraft involves a much much different story. It doesn't even have a parasitic virus. It does not a big ring. No ships you must destroy to blow the ring. No cybernetic super cyborg with an A.I. sidekick. No robots from the past who betray and want to kill you.

Terran (futuristic human race)= UNSC

Protoss (religious aliens with superior technology who have an ancient feud with the Zerg) = Covenant

Zerg (destroyed their creators, the Xel Naga) = Flood (destroyed their creators, the Forerunners).

Try again Zaki.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

This is one of the reasons you have lost the right to comment about video games.

Oh yeah, argument wise, Arty owned all of you.

Arty always owns. where the hell have you been?

And no, I didn't find anything exciting about half-life or bioshock.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Felix wrote:And no, I didn't find anything exciting about half-life or bioshock.

Ascendant Justice wrote:This is one of the reasons you have lost the right to comment about video games.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:And no, I didn't find anything exciting about half-life or bioshock.

Ascendant Justice wrote:This is one of the reasons you have lost the right to comment about video games. Because I lost when you said lightsabers and guitars.

fixed.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:

Protoss (religious aliens with superior technology who have an ancient feud with the Zerg) = Covenant

Zerg (destroyed their creators, the Xel Naga) = Flood (destroyed their creators, the Forerunners).

Try again Zaki.

super connections dawg.

Cog = Futuristic Human

Locust = somewhat futuristic aliens

Rock worm = giant dong

Last edited by Ringleader on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Ringleader wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

Try again Zaki.

super connections dawg.

Rock worm = giant dong

Nice to know.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Gauz wrote:Halo is better

Gears sucks

Nice comeback I can see the lightsabers and guitars you put into this post.
fixed

Ascendant Justice wrote:

Hardly? The UNSC has few futuristic advancements, other than the FTL drives and SPARTAN aug's...

kinda right...

Assuming the Forerunners didn't create the flood, you're wrong.

Try again Zaki.
fuk u hitler
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:

Try again Zaki.

Those are factions....

I AM TALKING ABOUT STORY

There are no super weapons that will kill all the sentient life in Starcraft.

The Covenant never had any encounters with the Flood (not including Halo Wars). They had only learned from them by the Forerunner writing.

There are no A.I. that go rampant and try to kill in Starcraft!

Are the Zerg a virus that eliminated the Xel Naga? NOOOO

Also @ Felix:

WTF... you just want to be flamed.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Zaki90 wrote:

Also @ Felix:

Every time you talk, people want to flame you.

So there, I win.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Wow, you guys sure can get a lot of arguing done in one night. Razz

Anyways, All I wanted to say was Bioshock was no bore by any means. Story is awesome. Gameplay is awesome. The RPG elements in it are awesome. That said, the game is awesome.

I haven't played the first Half-Life so I can't comment on that one. But HL2 and all it's episodes, awesome.

No need to argue with me on that just stating my feeling on that subject. Very Happy

(BTW this is actually getting fun, even though i'm not really a part of it, maybe I should make some threads that are like "Game1 vs. Game2" and everyone debates which game is better in each category. What say you guys? i'll make'em if you want...)
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:AJ, just because you don't see logic, or think your posts are logical, doesn't mean it's true.

But when people who respond with stuff that doesn't even remotely relate to what I just said, then yes it does mean that my posts are logical.

YOU think that GoW is better, YOU say that we can't see which game is better, YOU say that books make games better (i do say that reading books make a game better, but something not explained in the game cannot be used as support for the games storyline).

Yes I do say that Gears is better, thank you for stating the obvious yet again. As for your bracketed statement, yes it can.

The fact is, the world does NOT revolve around YOU, and sometimes YOU are the one that has to see logic.

I do see logic, however there is barely any of it being presented to me in this thread.

btw, my responses are in bold.
The fact that you don't think there is any in this thread proves you can't see logic. You just can't deal with you always being wrong, so you opress it, and tell yourself "they're is no logic in that, that's not logical, only my logic is right". It's annoying and pathetic.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:07 pm

Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Also @ Felix:

Every time you talk, people want to flame you.

So there, I win.

You just called both games that won the 2004 and 2007 GAME OF THE YEAR boring. You make me angry. I loved those games like my own imaginary children.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 pm

nvm
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:45 pm

you would be amazed how high GOW 2 was rated...

It is kind of scary, and sad.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next