Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears Vs. Halo

+20
Zaki90
TNine
kslidz
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
Dud Doodoo
MrX
Angatar
Ukurse
Ringleader
Barbbachello
Avenged
Cheese
Felix
Ascendant Justice
Death no More
Vtrooper
Gauz
KristallNacht
Divine Virus
24 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gears Vs. Halo - Page 6 Empty Re: Gears Vs. Halo

Post by Gauz Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Thats because people will buy and highly rate any game that has guns that shoot and bodies that bleed x10 more than they're supposed to.

I played BioShock demo today (yes the demo) and it was so awesome. It was scary and so very fun. I might get the second, to play mulitplayer.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:53 pm

oh yeah, Bioshock 1 didnt have multiplayer.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Also @ Felix:

WTF... you just want to be flamed.

Every time you talk, people want to flame you.

So there, I win.
Speak for yourself.

RockaHolicGameR wrote:Wow, you guys sure can get a lot of arguing done in one night. Razz

Anyways, All I wanted to say was Bioshock was no bore by any means. Story is awesome. Gameplay is awesome. The RPG elements in it are awesome. That said, the game is awesome.

I haven't played the first Half-Life so I can't comment on that one. But HL2 and all it's episodes, awesome.

No need to argue with me on that just stating my feeling on that subject. Very Happy

(BTW this is actually getting fun, even though i'm not really a part of it, maybe I should make some threads that are like "Game1 vs. Game2" and everyone debates which game is better in each category. What say you guys? i'll make'em if you want...)
I respectfully disagree. Although all of this is merely a matter of opinion, I saw nothing in the game that justified it's reviews. The only real flare in the gameplay was that you could shoot shit out of your hands, something which I do not find creative or entertaining. I credit the game to having a fresh atmosphere and story, however I was not drawn into it in the least.

I have very similar words for Half Life as well. The gameplay is excessively boring. The shooting mechanics made the combat as dull as Avanged's comebacks and besides an interesting storyline the game had nothing to offer. I was tempted to play through it to see how it all turned out but I decided that having to put up with lousy gameplay all the way through would negate my interest in the story. Thus I say that it would have been much better as a movie than a game.

TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:AJ, just because you don't see logic, or think your posts are logical, doesn't mean it's true.

But when people who respond with stuff that doesn't even remotely relate to what I just said, then yes it does mean that my posts are logical.

So the irrelevance of an argument makes your points stronger? Forgive my incompetence o wise and all knowing, but I fail to see your undoubtedly perfect logic.

YOU think that GoW is better, YOU say that we can't see which game is better, YOU say that books make games better (i do say that reading books make a game better, but something not explained in the game cannot be used as support for the games storyline).

Yes I do say that Gears is better, thank you for stating the obvious yet again. As for your bracketed statement, yes it can.

Not that I have read the Gears books, but from what I have heard from those who have the Halo books were far better. Of course this is a matter of opinion, opinions which I cannot confirm or endorse. However, I have heard several say the same thing, where you are the only one who is arguing that the Gears books were better than the Halo books.

The fact is, the world does NOT revolve around YOU, and sometimes YOU are the one that has to see logic.

I do see logic, however there is barely any of it being presented to me in this thread.

btw, my responses are in bold.

Who says we need logic to prove opinions? By definition an opinion cannot be fact or proven by any logical means. Opinions are simply a matter of taste, my dear Ascendant Justice, and if you are attempting to argue taste by the means of logic you are simply wasting your time. The most effective means of determining a better game is by determining where the majority's opinions lie. Majority rules, and it does not support your position.
The fact that you don't think there is any in this thread proves you can't see logic. You just can't deal with you always being wrong, so you opress it, and tell yourself "they're is no logic in that, that's not logical, only my logic is right". It's annoying and pathetic.

The same could be said about you. Your response to his post acknowledges none of his arguments but instead seems like a desperate comeback written by a defeated and hurt child. While I agree that Halo is better and disagree that his response displayed adequate logic, I am tired of reading such meaningless posts. It is annoying an pathetic.
My responses in bold and underlined.
Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Also @ Felix:

So there, I win.

You just called both games that won the 2004 and 2007 GAME OF THE YEAR boring. You make me angry. I loved those games like my own imaginary children.
As did I. We are all entitled to our own tastes and opinions.

Ringleader wrote:you would be amazed how high GOW 2 was rated...

It is kind of scary, and sad.
Ratings matter not to me. The masses were disappointed by it and so was I.
Gauz wrote:Thats because people will buy and highly rate any game that has guns that shoot and bodies that bleed x10 more than they're supposed to.

I played BioShock demo today (yes the demo) and it was so awesome. It was scary and so very fun. I might get the second, to play mulitplayer.
Obviously there are people that have fun playing it, I am sure for reasons stronger than that. However, I care not. Whether or not a person likes or dislikes a game for any particular reason is not my business to get involved with or dispute.

Last edited by Dud Doodoo on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:Obviously there are people that have fun playing it, I am sure for reasons stronger than that. However, I care not. Whether or not a person likes or dislikes a game for any particular reason is not my business to get involved with or dispute.

Smartest thing I've heard all day.

Great responces Dud. I agree with them.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:08 am

Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Also @ Felix:

So there, I win.

You just called both games that won the 2004 and 2007 GAME OF THE YEAR boring. You make me angry. I loved those games like my own imaginary children.

Well, there are many different game(s) of the year, as each company(or reviewer(s) I guess) have different opinions on each game. I really don't care what some guy(s)/girl(s) said about it, I felt them to be rather boring and not fun.

That's just my opinion anyway.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:21 am

Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Also @ Felix:

So there, I win.

Well, there are many different game(s) of the year, as each company(or reviewer(s) I guess) have different opinions on each game. I really don't care what some guy(s)/girl(s) said about it, I felt them to be rather boring and not fun.

Then you must have no taste in videogames.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:24 am

Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

Also @ Felix:

So there, I win.

Then you must have no taste in videogames.

Well, I don't eat video games, so I guess I don't.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:34 pm

When does Halo Legends come out?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 pm

TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:AJ, just because you don't see logic, or think your posts are logical, doesn't mean it's true.

But when people who respond with stuff that doesn't even remotely relate to what I just said, then yes it does mean that my posts are logical.

YOU think that GoW is better, YOU say that we can't see which game is better, YOU say that books make games better (i do say that reading books make a game better, but something not explained in the game cannot be used as support for the games storyline).

Yes I do say that Gears is better, thank you for stating the obvious yet again. As for your bracketed statement, yes it can.

The fact is, the world does NOT revolve around YOU, and sometimes YOU are the one that has to see logic.

I do see logic, however there is barely any of it being presented to me in this thread.

The fact that you don't think there is any in this thread proves you can't see logic. You just can't deal with you always being wrong, so you opress it, and tell yourself "they're is no logic in that, that's not logical, only my logic is right". It's annoying and pathetic.

Actually the people responding to me are the pathetic ones in this. I bring actual arguments to the table, and people simply try to attack me on a totally different subject. Try staying on track next time bud.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Your response to his post acknowledges none of his arguments but instead seems like a desperate comeback written by a defeated and hurt child.

Except for the fact that I am not defeated. And LOL, look back a few pages, you will see several of my posts that provided superior arguments, that were ignored.

they're is no logic in that, that's not logical, only my logic is right

Except I haven't said that. I responded to the people attacking me on random subjects. Next time try not putting words in people's mouths. Nice try though.

However, I have heard several say the same thing, where you are the only one who is arguing that the Gears books were better than the Halo books.

Except for the fact that none of these people have even read the Gears books, and then they have the nerve to come here and try to comment on the story.

The most effective means of determining a better game is by determining where the majority's opinions lie.

The way that Bungie gets so much sales is that they appeal to all the underage children with pretty colors and super man soldiers. Halo 3 was the worst sequel ever made Dud. Pull your head out of Bungie's ass for 5 seconds and realize the failure that you have been playing for the past few years.

Again, Nice try.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:Your response to his post acknowledges none of his arguments but instead seems like a desperate comeback written by a defeated and hurt child.

Except for the fact that I am not defeated. And LOL, look back a few pages, you will see several of my posts that provided superior arguments, that were ignored.

O wise and powerful, I never doubted your superiority. However, it does not take a wise man to see that I was not talking to you when I posted this.

You are ignorant and blind for responding to my post without reading it.

Except I haven't said that. I responded to the people attacking me on random subjects. Next time try not putting words in people's mouths. Nice try though.

I do hope you were talking to TNine, it seems as if you were too lazy to quote the posts you're are responding to. It is easy to get confused.

However, I have heard several say the same thing, where you are the only one who is arguing that the Gears books were better than the Halo books.

Except for the fact that none of these people have even read the Gears books, and then they have the nerve to come here and try to comment on the story.

You do not know the people I speak of, so who are you to say if they have or have not read the Gears books?

The most effective means of determining a better game is by determining where the majority's opinions lie.

The way that Bungie gets so much sales is that they appeal to all the underage children with pretty colors and super man soldiers. Halo 3 was the worst sequel ever made Dud. Pull your head out of Bungie's ass for 5 seconds and realize the failure that you have been playing for the past few years.

Again, Nice try.

Oh I understand now! Logically since you are not only a far superior debater but an all around far superior being, your opinion carries much more weight than those who like the game. I see how we are all blind while His Excellency can see the light.

Halo 3 is the most solid and replayable game I have ever laid my hands on. You are ignorant to think for a moment that I love the game due to Bungie's propoganda.

Your arguments seem to be getting weaker as we go on.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Halo 3 is a pretty bad game to be honest. Halo CE is so much better.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Your response to his post acknowledges none of his arguments but instead seems like a desperate comeback written by a defeated and hurt child.

O wise and powerful, I never doubted your superiority. However, it does not take a wise man to see that I was not talking to you when I posted this.

I do hope you were talking to TNine, it seems as if you were too lazy to quote the posts you're are responding to. It is easy to get confused.

You do not know the people I speak of, so who are you to say if they have or have not read the Gears books?

Again, Nice try.

Oh I understand now! Logically since you are not only a far superior debater but an all around far superior being, your opinion carries much more weight than those who like the game. I see how we are all blind while His Excellency can see the light.

Halo 3 is the most solid and replayable game I have ever laid my hands on. You are ignorant to think for a moment that I love the game due to Bungie's propoganda.

Your fanboyism seems to get stronger as we go on.

Halo 3 is the most solid and replayable game I have ever laid my hands on.

LOL.

O wise and powerful, I never doubted your superiority.

Damn straight. I own this thread and everyone in it.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Dud wrote:The same could be said about you. Your response to his post acknowledges none of his arguments but instead seems like a desperate comeback written by a defeated and hurt child. While I agree that Halo is better and disagree that his response displayed adequate logic, I am tired of reading such meaningless posts. It is annoying an pathetic.
I'm just going to point out that i posted this not because i think Halo is better than GoW (i have not played GoW, and am smart enough not to pass judgement, except based on others opinions), but simply because the way that AJ is posting so arrogantly and ignorantly is literally driving me insane.

Err...if you are talking about the post on page 6, that's pretty much all been debunked. If you want me too, i could recite, or come up with my own, way to destroy all your arguments, but no matter what i say you would reject it quickly easily.

You just can't deal with you always being wrong, so you opress it, and tell yourself "they're is no logic in that, that's not logical, only my logic is right". It's annoying and pathetic.
Taking my posts out of context. You either 1.) didn't fully read my post or 2.) are really getting desperate.

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Not that I have read the Gears books, but from what I have heard from those who have the Halo books were far better. Of course this is a matter of opinion, opinions which I cannot confirm or endorse. However, I have heard several say the same thing, where you are the only one who is arguing that the Gears books were better than the Halo books.
Once again, reading fail.

Again, Nice try.
And this is why MLG has Halo as it's flagship game?

Halo's multiplayer far exceeds GoW, and it's single player is pretty good too. It's the better game in the eyes of far more people.
Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

Actually the people responding to me are the pathetic ones in this. I bring actual arguments to the table, and people simply try to attack me on a totally different subject. Try staying on track next time bud.
You do start out with a few logical statements, but you don't listen to responces and don't actually respond to others logic. You simply can't accept your argument being beaten, and resort to calling others "pathetic" when your beat. Ad hominem, my friend.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Here's an idea, AJ, post one logical point that has not been thus far debunked, and i will debunk it.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:05 pm

"THEIR SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!!!"

Enough Said
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:"THEIR SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!!!"

Enough Said

ur just mad that your house got sunk in the process.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:09 pm

TNine wrote:Here's an idea, AJ, post one logical point that has not been thus far debunked, and i will debunk it.

I posted many awhile back. Try replying to those.

Halo's multiplayer far exceeds GoW, and it's single player is pretty good too. It's the better game in the eyes of far more people.

No shit captain obvious. I said that the Gears 2 multiplayer was broken. However the fact that Gears has a good campaign, training matches against bots, and horde mode makes the game have far more replay ability than Halo 3, which only has Forge mode as its redeeming feature.

You simply can't accept your argument being beaten, and resort to calling others "pathetic" when your beat.

Argument was not beaten, and I only called one person pathetic (which I believe was Dud).

Last edited by Ascendant Justice on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:

Again, Nice try.

Your fanboyism seems to get stronger as we go on.

Halo 3 is the most solid and replayable game I have ever laid my hands on.

LOL.

O wise and powerful, I never doubted your superiority.

Damn straight. I own this thread and everyone in it.
Dude, halo 3 is a much better game than gears. In gears, the shotgun is a FUCKING SNIPER!

So shut the fuck up and go camp out with your pussy-ass worm things and soulless main protagonist. And go eat those dirt-cheap marshmallow DLC packs while you're at it. Bitch.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Plus, to prove my own point more, they have a giant worm. A fucking worm.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:Here's an idea, AJ, post one logical point that has not been thus far debunked, and i will debunk it.

I posted many awhile back. Try replying to those.
All the ones i found were debunked. The biggest post you made was already 50%-75% debunked only a few posts after it.

No shit captain obvious. I said that the Gears 2 multiplayer was broken. However the fact that Gears has a good campaign, training matches against bots, and horde mode makes the game have far more replay ability than Halo 3, which only has Forge mode as its redeeming feature.
And the most spectacular and replayable multiplayer in small infantry maps AND large veichle maps, as well as forge (which is better than training mathces against bots), and a good campaign (Halo 3's wasn't spectacular, but i wasn't bad either). Multiplayer>Horde mode and training matches against bots.

It also had very customizeable gametypes, which, when compounded with Forge, can make for very interesting gametypes (Griffball anyone? What about SWAT, or Infection and it's many types?)
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Dude, halo 3 is a much better game than gears. In gears, the shotgun is a FUCKING SNIPER!

So shut the fuck up and go camp out with your pussy-ass worm things and soulless main protagonist. And go eat those dirt-cheap marshmallow DLC packs while you're at it. Bitch.

Nice argument.

Shotgun is not a sniper, next time try not running straight at your opponent with your chainsaw in the air. There is a reason kids aren't allowed to play these games.

Read the rest of the thread before you try to comment. "camp out" LOL camping is practically void in Gears. Soulless main protagonist? READ THE FUCKING NOVELS BEFORE COMMENTING ON A GAME'S STORY. Marcus probably has more character than the entire Halo series combined. Definitely more than MC's.

And Noc, unless you have something to say that doesn't result in calling people names or filling half your posts with insults and other nonsense, then don't bother posting.

At least TNine and them ACTUALLY try to prove me wrong. All you did in that little keyboard spasm was embarrass yourself.

Oh by the way, those "dirt-cheap" DLC did exactly what your beloved Halo did, they added a few new maps to the game. Think about what you are typing next time okay?

Last edited by Ascendant Justice on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Forge cant even compare to training matches TNine. Forge is a map maker, Training Grounds is just what the name is, training grounds.

Also Halo 3 as of now cannot compete against Horde as horde is a wave based survival gametype, and Halo 3 only has its regular matchmaking and custom games.

Halo ODST will have firefight which is Bungie's answer to Horde mode.

Another thing, Gears was meant to be more towards the "tactical" section of gameplay which is why you have smaller maps and teams.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:23 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Plus, to prove my own point more, they have a giant worm. A fucking worm.

You never proved a point in the first place. All you did was smash your face into the keyboard and hit the "send" button.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Plus, to prove my own point more, they have a giant worm. A fucking worm.

You never proved a point in the first place. All you did was smash your face into the keyboard and hit the "send" button.

LOL

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next