Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears Vs. Halo

+20
Zaki90
TNine
kslidz
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
Dud Doodoo
MrX
Angatar
Ukurse
Ringleader
Barbbachello
Avenged
Cheese
Felix
Ascendant Justice
Death no More
Vtrooper
Gauz
KristallNacht
Divine Virus
24 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gears Vs. Halo - Page 3 Empty Re: Gears Vs. Halo

Post by MrX Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 am

the ODST sound Scottish...

which is good Very Happy because now they are like SAS which is a very nice change from emotionless marines and emotionless spartans...
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Yeah, Gears and ESPECIALLY Gears 2 did not approach the level of story that Halo brought to the table.

At least Gears didn't repeat the same story three times in a row...

That automatically makes it better.
No.

Wait, you're arguing that gears has a better story than halo?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA
HA

HA.

We are joking yes?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:36 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Yeah, Gears and ESPECIALLY Gears 2 did not approach the level of story that Halo brought to the table.

But they did it twice. And since there are only two GoW games, that's the same principle.

Gears is just terrible. The characters I hate, the only one I did like died, gameplay went along the lines "more blood = more fun" mentality, and I didn't care when the wife died. Also, at the end of the game, when they try to make it as "Marcus really does have feelings" he just strugs it off like "eh, I really don't care that you're alive, even though I spent thirty seconds in panic when I didn't see or hear you..."
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:41 am

Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

But they did it twice. And since there are only two GoW games, that's the same principle.

Gears is just terrible. The characters I hate, the only one I did like died, gameplay went along the lines "more blood = more fun" mentality, and I didn't care when the wife died. Also, at the end of the game, when they try to make it as "Marcus really does have feelings" he just strugs it off like "eh, I really don't care that you're alive, even though I spent thirty seconds in panic when I didn't see or hear you..."
That
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am

sargentbilco wrote:the ODST sound Scottish...

which is good Very Happy because now they are like SAS which is a very nice change from emotionless marines and emotionless spartans...

they didnt sound scottish the were speaking japanese
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 am

Mereel wrote:
sargentbilco wrote:the ODST sound Scottish...

they didnt sound scottish the were speaking japanese
They were speaking Hungarian smart ass.

That and I love the themes in this video, especially the song in gaelic at the end.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

But they did it twice.

No they did not. Halo literally reused the same story line 3 times in each of their games. Even Halo Wars did the same thing.

Gears is just terrible. The characters I hate.

So I take it the only type of game characters you like are the faceless super soldiers who's back story involves, killing, killing, and more killing. Also the game is most certainly not terrible. The controls are simple and the gameplay is smooth. The campaign takes you to a variety of different locations with beautiful environments. Killing the locust in the most brutal ways possible never gets old. It has dozens of hours of replay ability OFFLINE never mind the online gameplay (which still needs work). To top it off it has TONS of maps and fun gametypes to go along with it.

the only one I did like died, gameplay went along the lines "more blood = more fun"

That's what Gears is numb nuts. Its supposed to be gory, why the fuck do you think EPIC included a fucking chainsaw bayonet? Why don't you head on back to the cartoon wonderland of Halo Wars?

Also, at the end of the game, when they try to make it as "Marcus really does have feelings" he just strugs it off like "eh, I really don't care that you're alive, even though I spent thirty seconds in panic when I didn't see or hear you..."

Read the bloody books before you even try to comment on the story. Then you will know why Marcus acts the way he does.

Bold responses are mine. So basically, you have no right what so ever to comment on a game's story until you read the entire game's back story.

Fail more please.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:58 pm

i have a feelign he's going to respond to the 'super soldier with backstory of killing' part with "in the books his backstory is clearly defined!" and completely ignore the fact their are gears books.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:59 pm

"...the gameplay is smooth..."
"nevermind the online gameplay (which still needs work)"

Contradiction.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

No.

Wait, you're arguing that gears has a better story than halo?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA
HA

HA.

We are joking yes?
Win
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:10 pm

IT'S A GIANT WORM! THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:15 pm

KristallNacht wrote:i have a feelign he's going to respond to the 'super soldier with backstory of killing' part with "in the books his backstory is clearly defined!" and completely ignore the fact their are gears books.

Um, no, I won't. I'm completely aware of the Gears books(although, I only heard of one of them). This isn't about books, this is about games. And, in the games, both halo and Gears did the exact same thing. Blow up ring, go home. Blow up locust, go home. I hate Marcus cause there's no reason to like him.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

But they did it twice.

No they did not. Halo literally reused the same story line 3 times in each of their games. Even Halo Wars did the same thing.

So I take it the only type of game characters you like are the faceless super soldiers who's back story involves, killing, killing, and more killing. Also the game is most certainly not terrible. The controls are simple and the gameplay is smooth. The campaign takes you to a variety of different locations with beautiful environments. Killing the locust in the most brutal ways possible never gets old. It has dozens of hours of replay ability OFFLINE never mind the online gameplay (which still needs work). To top it off it has TONS of maps and fun gametypes to go along with it.

the only one I did like died, gameplay went along the lines "more blood = more fun"

That's what Gears is numb nuts. Its supposed to be gory, why the fuck do you think EPIC included a fucking chainsaw bayonet? Why don't you head on back to the cartoon wonderland of Halo Wars?

Also, at the end of the game, when they try to make it as "Marcus really does have feelings" he just strugs it off like "eh, I really don't care that you're alive, even though I spent thirty seconds in panic when I didn't see or hear you..."

Read the bloody books before you even try to comment on the story. Then you will know why Marcus acts the way he does.

Bold responses are mine. So basically, you have no right what so ever to comment on a game's story until you read the entire game's back story.

Fail more please.

AJ, I wouldn't talk if I were you. You said that Starcraft was better than Dawn of War without any knowledge of it...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:52 pm

ill add that on spike at 10:30pm there will be another thats 2min 30sec long
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Mereel wrote:ill add that on spike at 10:30pm there will be another thats 2min 30sec long
awsome, the video was pretty cool
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

But they did it twice.

Fail more please.

AJ, I wouldn't talk if I were you. You said that Starcraft was better than Dawn of War without any knowledge of it...

And Seath eventually agreed with me. And Starcraft is better than Dawn of War. The only thing here is that the DoW universe is "stronger" than the SC universe. Seath said himself that he liked SC more. One more thing, how dare you bring SC and DoW into a Halo thread, try to actually come up with an argument that relates the the subject next time.

Also, books completely relate to games, so yes books are part of the discussion. Many of the bigger video game franchises back themselves up with novels explaining the back story.

For example, you know nothing about Marcus except for the fact that he was charged for treason, and that he was busted out by is best friend who I quote from Hoffman "would shit his last drop of blood for you" and that Marcus is a war hero. In Halo all you know is that MC is just a humanoid/cyborg (which would not be that clear to anyone who hasn't read the books) who is "the last of his kind" and basically is superior to human soldiers and kills covenant all day long. So yes, books do play a massive role in a discussion about video game stories.

Also Gears did not do the same thing. Gears 1 was mostly about recon, hence skulking through Ephyra, then the immulsion factory, and lastly getting in and out of the locust tunnels quickly and quietly. Gears 2 was about full on assault, and assassination.

All 3 Halo games did the same thing:

Accidentally stumble upon alien artifact, fight over it against the covenant, accidentally awaken the flood, fight flood and covenant in a race for keys to super weapons, stop artifact from destroying everything, make it home in time for dinner.
Except in Halo 3 Bungie tried to add a twist to it by making it so that you actually HAD to fire the super weapons.

One more thing, if you played both Gears games, you'd realize that Gears 3 will, in NO way be the same as the other two.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Halo has used the same story over, but even with the minimal changes they did to it, they managed to make it amazing.

LIke the second one: The plot twist was quite obvious from the start, but they pulled it off so perfectly.

Marcus has no feeling to him. The only guy I ever liked was Dom.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Marcus has no feeling to him.

Clearly you haven't understood or even read what I have been ranting about in my last three or so posts.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Marcus has no feeling to him.

Clearly you haven't understood or even read what I have been ranting about in my last three or so posts.
Okay... There are maybe a cutscene, ever, in Gears Two that have anything remotely close to story.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Try again.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Gears of War all around sucks ass, while Halo is a solid series.

End of story.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:Gears of War all around sucks ass, while Halo is a solid series with lightsabers and guitars.

End of story.

fixed, and this.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:11 pm

cheers Very Happy cheers
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

But they did it twice.

Fail more please.

And Seath eventually agreed with me. And Starcraft is better than Dawn of War. The only thing here is that the DoW universe is "stronger" than the SC universe. Seath said himself that he liked SC more. One more thing, how dare you bring SC and DoW into a Halo thread, try to actually come up with an argument that relates the the subject next time.

Also, books completely relate to games, so yes books are part of the discussion. Many of the bigger video game franchises back themselves up with novels explaining the back story.

For example, you know nothing about Marcus except for the fact that he was charged for treason, and that he was busted out by is best friend who I quote from Hoffman "would shit his last drop of blood for you" and that Marcus is a war hero. In Halo all you know is that MC is just a humanoid/cyborg (which would not be that clear to anyone who hasn't read the books) who is "the last of his kind" and basically is superior to human soldiers and kills covenant all day long. So yes, books do play a massive role in a discussion about video game stories.

Also Gears did not do the same thing. Gears 1 was mostly about recon, hence skulking through Ephyra, then the immulsion factory, and lastly getting in and out of the locust tunnels quickly and quietly. Gears 2 was about full on assault, and assassination.

All 3 Halo games did the same thing:

Accidentally stumble upon alien artifact, fight over it against the covenant, accidentally awaken the flood, fight flood and covenant in a race for keys to super weapons, stop artifact from destroying everything, make it home in time for dinner.
Except in Halo 3 Bungie tried to add a twist to it by making it so that you actually HAD to fire the super weapons.

One more thing, if you played both Gears games, you'd realize that Gears 3 will, in NO way be the same as the other two.
Theres no reason for there to be a gears 3 they already killed most of the locust.

Dud Doodoo wrote:Gears of War all around sucks ass, while Halo is a solid series.

End of story.
You Sir have just made a epic win.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:Gears of War all around sucks ass, while Halo is a solid series.

End of story.

LOL fail harder. I also see your fanboys have, yet again, failed to actually make a counter point to my posts.

Death no more wrote: You Sir have just made a epic win.

And you clearly don't know what an "epic win" is.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next