Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4

+32
Dud Doodoo
laxspartan007
Arty
BBJynne
Angatar
Carlos Spicyweiner
BALLINMONK
MrX
Onyxknight
GreyApothecary
RX
Gauz
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rotaretilbo
Nocbl2
PiEdude
squirrelboy
Vigil
tiny tim
A_Bearded_Swede
Kasrkin Seath
KristallNacht
CivBase
Felix
TNine
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Divine Virus
Vtrooper
Lord Pheonix
Ringleader
Zaki90
36 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Halo 4

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:32 am

He probably thought it wouldn't be fair.

Proved he didn't need em

Smile

Honestly though he didn't need them except for maybe one or two scenes in Halo 2 and that's it.

It's just a detail used in an ad to push along the trailer. No guarantee it's even IN the game.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am

Might be true that. It's just that when I thought back at the previous games, most I could remember off the top of my head was floating around >.<
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 am

Ringleader wrote:Halo 4 - Page 4 4_john
Ya just gots tah look noticeably different, but not TOO different to where the majority of fanboys actually start seeing the problem.

But ya just GOTS tah look different! Why? Because ya just GOTS tah look different!

that looks like a halo parody....i think that may actually be the model games use to make fun of halo...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyApothecary Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:07 am

when i first saw the thumbnail for this trailer i thought it was a joke guess i was wrong
GreyApothecary
GreyApothecary
Minion

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:He probably thought it wouldn't be fair.

Proved he didn't need em

Smile

Honestly though he didn't need them except for maybe one or two scenes in Halo 2 and that's it.

Anyone else remember the scene in Halo: CE when the MArine says "The Corps issued me a rifle, not wings." *MC shifty eyes*

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:28 am

Ringleader wrote:You don't know what I mean? Well, because you only quoted the first half of the original statement you had quoted fully before, you know, the part where I said that Halo Wars was basically just a game made for fanboys.

The entire concept of Halo Wars? The RTS aspect of it? Granted the final product wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but it was made for fans of Halo. But seeing as how you're making a mod of halo (I forgot the orginal game's name) are you making a game for fanboys too?

No no no silly willy, you said this:

That was just a joke response, as all you said was yes.

To which I responded: 'Yes?' As in I agreed, lot's of people on the internet have opinions, lol, your point bieng?

It was just more of a ramble really. I was just leading into the next point of fans/fanboys/girls.

Er, these are admittedly flaws by both sides, right? It seems that the only reason there's a debate is because I'm willing enough to SAY that they're flaws.

Of course. Hence instead of being on either side, why not be in the middle? And there is a difference in making a logical statement about the flaws, and how to possibly fix them, and then there is just saying "They're doing everything wrong" or "This is going to suck because of such and such". You, as a modder should know the problems and troubles encounter when making something, and when you do encounter one, you have to make decisions for the better of the game, even if some don't agree with it.

It wasn't because HWF was going to hell in a hand basket and Halo Wars was unsatisfactory while still in development?

Nope, pretty sure it was what I said.

[quote]
Also, by quoting everything you said word for word and responding to it, do I demonstrate your claim of 'ignoring everything that either you don't want to hear'? I guess your idea of 'ignoring' is 'not agreeing with.'

LOL, is there one person on this site that addresses more statements then I do? Is there a person that makes longer posts? with more quotations?

I can name a few if you like ;)

What have I dismissed? Again, your idea of dismissal is 'not agree with.'

You can not agree with something/one, and that's ok. I disagree with a lot of people on the site. When we (well mostly others, I usually just watch) debate, I take a look at both sides, and take both points into consideration. When you debate, you just stick you to your ideals, for example, the blue vs purple fiasco.

Ones level of fandom is not measured by how many flaws he's willing to reconcile, that's ones level of fanboyism.

Then how does one measure the level of fandom? By how much they'll complain?

Enjoying it or disliking it is the result of accepting everything produced and not enjoying it because it should be better respectively and not being happy when the series when it clearly makes alterations for no good reason.

To be fair, that is level of prefrence. But I do agree when monumental flaws are made, without a clear reason as to why/how (although to be fair, I would need to ask why they did it first to know the reason) is questionable to me.

The former does in fact show that you're not willing to either think about it, or contest these flaws, if you don't want it to be better or don't care, I consider that something that would make you less of a fan.

I do think about the flaws, I see some all the time. Do I let it/them ruin the experience for me? Unless it is game changing/killing, it's almost not worth it to mention. If I found something that I had a problem with, I would mention it to the devs (as I've done before). I doubt it makes me any less/more of a fan than you.

Unless you have pictures of Cortana spread around your room. Then I would say you're a bigger fan than me.

Based on everything we know about it, and what we've seen from this trailer, I don't know what would be worth betting on knowing the fate of the franchise is at stake.

Wait, what do we know about it, other than the trailer?

and whoops deleted some of your responses, I'll respond to those as soon as I can.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 am

Ringleader wrote:Flaws are additive, that's been my stance from the beginning, each and every flaw is as evil as the entire mass of them, each one is a defeat. I know that the purple v blue flop is minuscule, and that it wont really change anything, but by golly, it still sucks as much as anything!

So are you saying that nothing is good then? You have to admit, there are flaws in everything, even your mod. Are you going to throw it away because of mishaps here and there? I would hope not, because I still want to play it Razz. If you can look at the flaws and not be discouraged by them, and move onward to improve, then the little flaws that you think start to add it, won't matter that much.

Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:38 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Halo 4 - Page 4 4_john
Ya just gots tah look noticeably different, but not TOO different to where the majority of fanboys actually start seeing the problem.

But ya just GOTS tah look different! Why? Because ya just GOTS tah look different!

that looks like a halo parody....i think that may actually be the model games use to make fun of halo...
Nope, rewatch the video, look at the shoulder pads, the same ones in the video, also those 2 projections to the side of the head on top of the chest piece, identical.

Just look at this picture:
Halo 4 - Page 4 Halo_4_Announcement_Trailer_-_John_and_Cortana
Also at the end of the trailer you can see his entire suit, it's the same thing.

I wouldn't put it past 343 to make the new Mark IV a 'Prototype' that happened to be on the FUD.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 am

Normally I love when businesses work for the masses... but that just doesn't slide with big titles like Halo or Starwars. The gaming market is ruled by 10 to 14 year-olds who have appallingly low standards. Shooters are quickly being degraded to the same standard as action movies, where doing something cool (usually involving explosions) is all that matters.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:21 am

I love talking with those little kids on XBL.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:40 pm

jesus christ... in that screencap.... Not only does master chief have hands the size of a 5 year old girls... but they are attached to his arm very incorrectly
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Just putting it out there, its a hype trailer, freaking out about it makes no sense since hell even that cutscene probably wont be used ingame, same as all the Halo 3 believe cutscenes like the one where he throws down a bubbleshield to avoid a wraith shot.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:13 pm

KrAzY wrote:jesus christ... in that screencap.... Not only does master chief have hands the size of a 5 year old girls... but they are attached to his arm very incorrectly
Well... the armor around his torso isn't exactly form fitting... but yah, his shoulder does seem a little odd now that I look at it.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Just putting it out there, its a hype trailer, freaking out about it makes no sense since hell even that cutscene probably wont be used ingame, same as all the Halo 3 believe cutscenes like the one where he throws down a bubbleshield to avoid a wraith shot.

So you're saying a horribly produced teaser trailer, can not possibly reflect that the game is going to be horribly developed?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:21 pm

It must have been Prototype Mark VII Armor that happened to be inside the cryopod he wen't to sleep in.

Here's how the conversation went between the animators and the 343 marketing team:

3D Animator- So you wan't him to look exactly the same as when he went INSIDE the Cryopod right?

Marketer- No no, I wan't you to look different then that, so it looks like he went in wearing one suit, and exited wearing another, here, my son drew this, make it look more like this.

3D Animator- Sir, this is a stick figure with big watermelon boobs, are you sure you wan't me to change this? I mean, I can make it look JUST like the Mark IV he entered the pod wearing with more detail.

Marketer- Mark....IV? Listen, you work for ME now, get to work, were already far behind schedule changing the appearance of all the vehicles!
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Ring... them adding or getting rid of a piece of MC's armor is NOT the end of the world...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Especially when it's just a trailer made by people who probably have very little knowledge of Halo
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:26 pm

I honestly can not say anything about this trailer...I'll wait till we get closer and actual gameplay footage and stuff comes out.
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 pm

I know five people (who I asked this morning, since we were talking about E3 and Halo 4) who actually thought MC, in the pic Ring provided, looked pretty cool.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Felix wrote:I know five people (who I asked this morning, since we were talking about E3 and Halo 4) who actually thought MC, in the pic Ring provided, looked pretty cool.
That's taking it too far, but I agree with the past four posts.

Obviously, this was a pre-rendered trailer. As others have pointed out, it's a disappointment, but it's not the end of the world.

Starry Night. Did that ever even come CLOSE to happening in Halo 3? Did the Bubble Shield even look anything like that? Or the "Brute Wraith" we were speculating about?
No.

So pardon the rest of us if we decide to wait for some actual gameplay footage and story info before kvetching. There's a lot I don't like, such as jet packs, one-handed grenade launchers (That WASN'T an M6D!) or Δ[Spartan Armor] but I'm going to act like a mature 20-year-old and wait for the context.

Rasq'uire'laskar: You know, if you expect them to ruin it, and you treat them as if they are ruining it at each step, you won't see the finer aspects. It'll be practically predetermined that you will hate it.
Ringleader: BUT THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING!
Rasq'uire'laskar: ...
*Head in hands*
Rasq'uire'laskar: I don't know whether to say "you're proving my point", or "What ever happened to perspective."

^Not an actual IM conversation, since Ringleader tends to post five times as fast as I do when we're on this topic, but it would probably play out like this.

And just to make Ringleader happy.
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1077160

Last edited by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 pm

i forgot to say, every sane gamer in my school was mad as hell about this.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Felix wrote:I know five people (who I asked this morning, since we were talking about E3 and Halo 4) who actually thought MC, in the pic Ring provided, looked pretty cool.
That's taking it too far, but I agree with the past four posts.

Wait, taking what too far?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

the bubble shield video was also meant as a proof of concept. pre rendered teaser trailers are supposed to be what they are aiming to make.

That Halo 4 trailer was the only e3 trailer with quirky animation.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:06 pm

CivBase wrote:Ring... them adding or getting rid of a piece of MC's armor is NOT the end of the world...
You know, you're right, everything's fine, just fine, who even cares anymore, everything, just fine, thanks.

Especially when it's just a trailer made by people who probably have very little knowledge of Halo
Awww heck, just when Civ put me at ease, you had to say something like that! I AM NO LONGER AT EASE!

No no, 343 clearly made the right decision by hiring an animation studio that didn't know nothing about no Halo to make a trailer about Halo, perhaps even giving them a small photograph to base the Mark VI armor one, one small enough not to see any of the basic details like, crotch guards, and shoulder pads, and helmets. In fact, such stellar decision making can only make one squeal with anticipation for any upcoming releases made by such a company.

Or, if this animation studio had access to Google, they could look up what Master Chief and Cortana look like in 5 seconds, so it's really a question of did 343 intentionally ask this studio to mess up their designs? Or was this studio just that boneheaded not to be able to actually look up what they have to do, if this was the case, was 343 equally boneheaded in hiring such a company? Would such boneheadedness then transfer over to the actual game? I'm sorry, but I just assume these companies are kinda tight shipped or something, not like: "Ehhh, who the F*** cares anymore... Just do whatever."

343's track record of fail with the Halo Legends series is on par with the special Olympics bronze medalists in the wheelchair high jump, why give them the benefit of the doubt?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:Ring... them adding or getting rid of a piece of MC's armor is NOT the end of the world...
You know, you're right, everything's fine, just fine, who even cares anymore, everything, just fine, thanks.
I'm not going to use sarcasm here. I'm not going to joke. I'm not going to make fun of you. I'm just going to use short, simple words and basic grammar so you can't possibly misunderstand what I'm saying.

When we say "This is not the end of the world", we're saying that we are giving this game
a chance. We're not going to gloss over the errors and pretend like they didn't happen. We're going to point out what's wrong, organize petitions or whatever it takes to get them to change it.
But we're not writing it off. Not yet.

Ringleader wrote:343's track record of fail with the Halo Legends series is on par with the special Olympics bronze medalists in the wheelchair high jump, why give them the benefit of the doubt?
Legends=Fail
Evolutions=Win
Cryptum=Win
Halo: CEA=Win

Hey, look, 343i just averaged out to 75%!
Now, let me tell you something. 343i is not Ensemble. They listen. I've seen them back down from a bad idea when the fanbase rose in unision! So I'm going to tell them what I like, I'm going to make it known what I dislike, and I'm going to be optimistic.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next