Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existence of God

+42
T-Bone
Avenged
RX
Jamiesway
noir
Maginot Line
JB
L0d3x
Ringleader
Yam Head
Esruku
Carcarius
LH Justin
Lord Pheonix
Twizzey
tiny tim
thane321
R!zZle BiZzl£
Kasrkin Seath
BBJynne
Death no More
Untamed Reign
Angatar
KrAzY
JumpingJet
TNine
kslidz
PiEdude
dragoon9105
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
Cheese
Toaster
KristallNacht
XNate02
Felix
Nocbl2
CivBase
Zaki90
46 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Existence of God - Page 11 Empty Re: Existence of God

Post by Felix Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 pm

religion is wrong in many ways, but it's cool to believe in it as it give people something to do
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Death wrote:religion spawned society

Death wrote:It is not religions fault for its child's mishaps, it is the bad part of society that it is to blame.

So through a brief chain of events... it IS religion's fault! Cool

We're not discussing whether or not Religion is a good thing. I could care less if it's a good thing. I would say that, overall, its effect are negative, but that's not important. What matters in this thread is whether or not it is justifiable to believe indefinitely in a god.

I don't think so.

Felix wrote:religion is wrong in many ways, but it's cool to believe in it as it give people something to do

I can't even imagine how much cooler Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade would be if I believed the Holy Grail to be real...

Last edited by ReconToaster on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Felix wrote:religion is wrong in many ways, but it's cool to believe in it as it give people something to do
It is also right in many ways but isnt science to?, both have flaws, everything has flaws(except god)
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:this is all the proof we need for the existence of god
Existence of God - Page 11 Bravery-chicken-bucket-demotivation
only god could instill such bravery
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Death no more wrote:
It is also right in many ways but isnt science to?, both have flaws, everything has flaws(except god)

Wow... this is just painful...
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:03 pm

But science is totally logical.

God obviously has flaws if he wants you to murder people..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Death wrote:religion spawned society

Death wrote:It is not religions fault for its child's mishaps, it is the bad part of society that it is to blame.

So through a brief chain of events... it IS religion's fault! Cool

We're not discussing whether or not Religion is a good thing. I could care less if it's a good thing. I would say that, overall, its effect are negative, but that's not important. What matters in this thread is whether or not it is justifiable to believe indefinitely in a god.

I don't think so.
What do you have to lose if you believe? When you die you will know which but till then play it safe "Believe" as for I will keep and hopefully strengthen my faith and not just play it safe.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:06 pm

x Gauz x wrote:But science is totally logical.

Who says god said that? Maybe we misinterpreted his teachings, remember humans will corrupt and twist things to there advantage(read animal farm it shows a lot about manipulation of ideals that where good in the beginning) God cant be corrupted.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Death no more wrote:

so, god, who has no flaws, make humans who are in his image, have flaws, but not him?

*head explodes*
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Death wrote:What do you have to lose if you believe? When you die you will know which but till then play it safe "Believe" as for I will keep and hopefully strengthen my faith and not just play it safe.

This is the worst excuse for believing in something, and yet it is constantly used.

Are you saying that I should believe "just in case" hell is real? Well then I mine as well be a scientologist "just in case" because man, I don't want my soul to be controlled by the evil space council.

Seriously man, fear is not a good reason to submit to a belief system.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:09 pm

x Gauz x wrote:
Death no more wrote:
x Gauz x wrote:
Death no more wrote:
x Gauz x wrote:Hmmm?

And aren't these stories to be reflected in your life? It was put in the bible for that.

If you finished the bible and are looking for another good read, I would suggest Mein Kampf.
SCUM bag mother fucker, you think im some Neo-Nazi? You idiot im standing for equality while you guys accuse religion of all that is wrong while religion gave birth to society, and society has given birth to love, equality, harmony but it has given us war, hate, prejudice. It is not religions fault for its child's mishaps, it is the bad part of society that it is to blame.
Hahahaha, oh, you make me laugh. Please do not take this seriously or to offense. I am not relating you to a neo-nazi, I am just comparing the two books, as they are some of the only books that tell you to kill living, breathing people.

Religion has given us love, equality, and harmony you say? The equality of slavery, the love of war, and the harmony of persecution and death maybe..

I do not want you hating me, this is the debate section, enter at your own will. I am not ridiculing(sp) anyone here. I am questioning 'the word of god'.
But does Hitler ever go back on his words and say maybe "I was wrong this isnt the right way" no he doesn't. Face the truth Gauz, religion did give us love, harmony, equality, and many others whether it happens now or later religion spawns all that is good and destroys all that is bad. Why are we fighting over the existence of the truth? The truth is there dont close your eyes brother open them and see all that is good. Anyways we spawned all that is bad, god gave us a choice and we choose wrong we ate of the tree of knowledge(I think cant remember name?) and learned of all that is bad. Open your eyes brother, we must all see the truth someday.

?? Who does go back on his word and say "Maybe i'm wrong.."? God? When, and where did he say this? It is still in the bible, it is still the word of god, everything I had quoted was in the bible and the word of god.
Fighting the truth you say? Your version of 'truth' is that god is real. In this thread, we are trying to prove that right or wrong. Even though that is impossible, now my goal is to point out the negatives of religion. Not destroy it, only to point out the flaws.

Another thing, what do you mean by we? Eve choose to eat the apple from the tree she wasn't supposed to eat from. Where the fuck does it say 'we'? I would say 'Hell no bitch! That is gods tree.' There is no 'we'.

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
Our modern government is based on Religious ideas
Unfortuently.
You would think religions popularity would decrease as its absurdity is being recognized, but it instead is becoming more popular.

I blame the society, not religion. Our society should study some more.

Unfortunately?
please elaborate...

Also elaborate as to why our governmental system is horrible.

What is so absurd about religion? Believing in a god or diety?

From what I can decipher from your comments, you would have rather had religion never exist, and I think the world would be worse off if it had been that way.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Felix wrote:
Death no more wrote:

so, god, who has no flaws, make humans who are in his image, have flaws, but not him?

*head explodes*
He didn't give us flaws at first, Eve ate from the the tree of knowledge and that gave us our flaws, in the very beginning it is our fault for our flaws Smile No way we can blame god.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Death no more wrote:
Felix wrote:
Death no more wrote:

*head explodes*
He didn't give us flaws at first, Eve ate from the the tree of knowledge and that gave us our flaws, in the very beginning it is our fault for our flaws Smile No way we can blame god.

But, every man and woman are made in God's image...

So, he just decided to let everyone keep the flaws? and I can blame god, because he should have kept a fence around the tree...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:12 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Death wrote:What do you have to lose if you believe? When you die you will know which but till then play it safe "Believe" as for I will keep and hopefully strengthen my faith and not just play it safe.

This is the worst excuse for believing in something, and yet it is constantly used.

Are you saying that I should believe "just in case" hell is real? Well then I mine as well be a scientologist "just in case" because man, I don't want my soul to be controlled by the evil space council.

Seriously man, fear is not a good reason to submit to a belief system.
lol but I dont follow that system, my use of it would be to make you "play it safe" then why your in the religion you will see its the truth, its doing the wrong thing for a good reason.

Last edited by Death no more on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Death no more wrote:
x Gauz x wrote:But science is totally logical.

Who says god said that? Maybe we misinterpreted his teachings, remember humans will corrupt and twist things to there advantage(read animal farm it shows a lot about manipulation of ideals that where good in the beginning) God cant be corrupted.
Who said that? Ill tell you, jesus.

Jesus teachings
|
|
V
God
|
|
V
Perfect

That is my explanation, and I also agree with RT. Fear is not a reason to believe in something.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:14 pm

Perfection is relative.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Felix wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Felix wrote:
Death no more wrote:

*head explodes*

So, he just decided to let everyone keep the flaws? and I can blame god, because he should have kept a fence around the tree...
lol you could say that but think of it this way. If you have a outdoor cat do you fence it off from the road, no you trust the kitty to be smart, but it crosses the road because it can and maybe theirs a little temptation involved(The devil).and jumps a tree and eats from the tree of knowledge and gives us originals sin(ROLF)

GTG bye for now.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Death no more wrote:
Felix wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Felix wrote:
Death no more wrote:

*head explodes*

lol you could say that but think of it this way. If you have a outdoor cat do you fence it off from the road, no you trust the kitty to be smart, but it crosses the road because it can and maybe theirs a little temptation involved(The devil).and jumps a tree and eats from the tree of knowledge and gives us originals sin(ROLF)

GTG bye for now.

WTF? No, I wouldn't trust the cat, as I haven't taught it not to cross the road yet... same with a child. You can't expect them to know this kind of stuff. Adam and Eve were children(in a metaphoric way) and even though god said "don't go here", he didn't explain why. Same why a child will touch a stove. Even when you tell him not to, he still will until he figures out why he can't touch it...

so, the devil made the kid touch the stove?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:25 pm

I have another thing to mention...

God has proven himself to be th most violent being to have ever existed. While the holocaust killed 6 million people, god killed every living breathing human on earth during the great flood. Not only but also, he killed the firstborns of all families in Egypt, and other stories of sick, twisted, violent acts.

Why?
Another question, why would anyone follow this madman? Kill everyone on earth? It would seem gods devine plan doesn't have the best intention of humanity.

And, why would god let all thoose people die in the holocaust? Hmmmm? This is the epitimey of violence.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Gauz wrote:Not only but also, he killed the firstborns of all families in Egypt

No, only the families who didn't smear the blood of slaughtered lambs on their doors. ;)
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Because shit happens, lol.
I dont feel like arguing anymore, it wont go anywhere.

You just really like bashing stuff you do not like dont you?
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Oh how could I forget? If you child didn't die, you had to kill a helpless animal that in no way, did anything to deserve that fate.

EDIT: Seath, its not that I don't like religion, christianity, god. Its that, I want answers, to a lot of questions. I would <3 god so much if he was what everyone makes him out to be. But such is not the case, and it saddens me. I am not happy with myself either, as I disembowled christianity..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:36 pm

x Gauz x wrote:Oh how could I forget? If you child didn't die, you had to kill a helpless animal that in no way, did anything to deserve that fate.

EDIT: Seath, its not that I don't like religion, christianity, god. Its that, I want answers, to a lot of questions. I would <3 god so much if he was what everyone makes him out to be. But such is not the case, and it saddens me. I am not happy with myself either, as I disembowled christianity..

The reason behind it all is more or less destroying evil and freeing those who follow the word of god. The Egyptians refused to allow those who followed god to be let free, so there was some divine intervention.

Kinda *** up alot of stuff that are ideals of those who follow god though
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Seath wrote:You just really like bashing stuff you do not like dont you?

Aw Crying or Very sad
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:32 am

x Gauz x wrote:

Now, about society.

Society is not good because:
-war
-economical crisis
-overpopulation
-massive amount of death in short periods of time *AKA, genocides, masacres, murder, not good stuff*

I'm not actually trying to prove anything against you here- I just found it amusing how you put overpopulation next to massive amount of death in a small time. Razz

So does everyone here (who believes in God) think the bible is word for word the word of God? Over here most Christians seem to agree that there have been some degree of Chinese whispers going out throughout the years (in case you dont know, that means that the original words of anything can be utterly lost through a number of interpretations going only on the previous source rather than the original.)

Oh! Also... dang I forgot... Oh yeah! Is it just me who finds it totally unfair that all of humanity is punished with something two people did? It's not even like... 'Heh, your father's country started a war and then lost. Pay us money for a while.' It's like 'DEATH AND SUFFERING FOR ALL UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD!'

Also, I find it personally hilarious how (if it is indeed called the tree of knowledge) knowledge is basically the worst sin for humanity. Way to keep the masses illiterate, guys ;)

I'm sure my posts have lost about 20 IQ points this morning... Or maybe it's just more casual.

Happy Easter all!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum: