Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread

+10
Untamed Reign
BBJynne
L0d3x
Angatar
RX
Gold Spartan
Dud Doodoo
Cheese
Toaster
PiEdude
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread

Post by Dud Doodoo Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Um, Napoleon defeated the russian army by a landslide, he lost to the winter not the russians.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread

Post by PiEdude Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:21 pm

They used the Scorched Earth strategy to defeat the French.
If they hadn't, the French would have had warm cities and supplies to use during the winter.

They've always been good at using their climate against their enemies.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Just finished a battle against the Swedish Rebels(I killed the nation of Sweden a long time ago, but now every once in a while they pop back up in a rebellion) and I recorded it too.

I'll post later, but the end was pretty good, because I got a great shot of a Swedish Light Infantry regiment marching towards their doom as shells and incindiary shells rained down on them.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat May 09, 2009 9:16 am

Just beat the Georgian Rebels.

They had 6 regiments of Militia, and two artillery batteries, and I had two regiments of Line Infantry, and one regiment of the Russian Militia Cavalry(The name is in Russian, and I forget how to spell it).
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat May 09, 2009 11:10 am

After the latest patch I have spotted two undeniable naval invasions, as well as a possible one? Take a look.

Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread - Page 4 0c8c801d15cee3b4f40dd05f373d4b8c28bd83a0
Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread - Page 4 1d74a3cb60ce731a458c1ab4ebcf61de34f35347
Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread - Page 4 1eebf55b1ae3324ca699669f10567cc66110481b
And in progress?
Official 'Empire: Total War' Thread - Page 4 A1b55151e58d210cfc38f2a75fb828daa3375110

"We are also making a huge improvement to the number of visual variants within a unit from 8 to 64..."
I can't wait for this, it will finally get rid of the clones!

Currently I have started a new campaign as Venice(modded) and have united Italy under one banner, and have taken all of Greece, Istanbul, and Turkey, along with a bit of North Africa.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat May 09, 2009 4:17 pm

I have about 18 turns left, and have taken most of Europe as the Russkies.

LONG LIVE THE MOTHERLAND!!!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat May 09, 2009 4:43 pm

I've changed it to 12 turns a year, I got tired of feeling like I was on a deadline.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat May 09, 2009 11:31 pm

this reminds me

*loads up a ETW torrent*
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun May 10, 2009 3:08 am

Wow that really is a large middle finger to everyone on here whop paid for it.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Mon May 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Yeah, not that I don't pirate, but you shouldn't download games that are worth the fucking money...

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon May 11, 2009 4:15 pm

eh, technically its not worth the money, as I am in no way willing to spend said money on said item.

So either, i never experience it, or i experience it. I'm pretty sure the developers would rather have it experienced than not.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Mon May 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Why don't you try not experiencing for a year or so?

So when all these experiences that weren't worth paying for all suddenly go away, you start to find yourself lacking - you play those few that you think are worth paying for, but it's just not enough. And then you might realise that what you classify as 'worth it' changes when you don't have the world on a plate, lacking in any viable security.

Orrrrrrr... you could just not steal it out of respect for those who did buy it. As I said, middle finger. I didn't even save up allowance or anything. I had to work like 2 days - and I still think it was worth it when it broke!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Tue May 12, 2009 12:39 pm

It broke?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Tue May 12, 2009 1:11 pm

You really need to start taking care of your disks, Cheese....
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Tue May 12, 2009 1:35 pm

RX wrote:You really need to start taking care of your disks, Cheese....

They're all digitally distributed.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Tue May 12, 2009 7:46 pm

No they are not, I have it on disk. I think what you mean is that if you have the game registered on Steam, you can download it as many times as you want.

Yeah then uh, how did it break?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed May 13, 2009 3:39 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:No they are not, I have it on disk. I think what you mean is that if you have the game registered on Steam, you can download it as many times as you want.

By 'they' I meant my broken games he was referring to in another thread as well as this. Bough em all from Steam. And it's the save that's broken. I've tried it across a few computers too. Every time the Huron confederacy declare war on me or me on them - crashage at a random year. I tried being allies for a while... but they look such an easy target with such desirable land...

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed May 13, 2009 6:15 am

I just used some Game Stop gift cards I had from my birthday, had enough to buy the Collectors Edition.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed May 13, 2009 9:04 am

Cheese wrote:And then you might realise that what you classify as 'worth it' changes when you don't have the world on a plate, lacking in any viable security.

Or, as i currently only use video games to fill time, as opposed to actively engage in, I'd just keep playing my older games.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed May 13, 2009 9:07 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Cheese wrote:And then you might realise that what you classify as 'worth it' changes when you don't have the world on a plate, lacking in any viable security.

Or, as i currently only use video games to fill time, as opposed to actively engage in, I'd just keep playing my older games.

That's fine. Try that for a while then. I'd say a year - but sixth months if you're not feeling up to it.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed May 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Cheese wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:No they are not, I have it on disk. I think what you mean is that if you have the game registered on Steam, you can download it as many times as you want.

By 'they' I meant my broken games he was referring to in another thread as well as this. Bough em all from Steam. And it's the save that's broken. I've tried it across a few computers too. Every time the Huron confederacy declare war on me or me on them - crashage at a random year. I tried being allies for a while... but they look such an easy target with such desirable land...
Then start a new campaign, have you tried it on the latest patch?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Yes, and I would, but I don't wanna go another eighty turns just to have it break again.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed May 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Cheese wrote:

That's fine. Try that for a while then. I'd say a year - but sixth months if you're not feeling up to it.

Better yet, i'll give you from mid September to mid February with ~10 days even using forms of technology.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Cheese wrote:

Better yet, i'll give you from mid September to mid February with ~10 days even using forms of technology.

So you're saying that it'd be hard and stupid?

Well that happens to be my point. Before you said youd just go back to playing your old games, wheras now I'm almost 100% you'd buy something else to tide you over. And the difference between the two propositions, is that my one is what most people (including most on the forum) are doing anyway.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu May 14, 2009 1:57 am

Cheese wrote:So you're saying that it'd be hard and stupid?

I actually just said i'd one up you and do more.

why would i spend money on videogames when i can go out on my motorcycle (which requires money and provides more thrills?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next