Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medeival 2: Total War or Rome: Total War?

+2
Ruski
Ascendant Justice
6 posters

Go down

Medeival 2: Total War or Rome: Total War?  Empty Medeival 2: Total War or Rome: Total War?

Post by Ascendant Justice Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Which to get. Ive played the demo of Medieval 2 TW already and like it quite a bit. But what would you guys recommend? Which is the better of the two?

Thanks.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Medeival 2: Total War or Rome: Total War?  Empty Re: Medeival 2: Total War or Rome: Total War?

Post by Ruski Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:Which to get. Ive played the demo of Medieval 2 TW already and like it quite a bit. But what would you guys recommend? Which is the better of the two?

Thanks.

Well, I like both. But if you were to get Medieval 2: TW, make sure to get the Kingdoms expansions because that adds in like four other campaign scenarios. And like wise, if you go for Rome, get the Barbarians expansion.

Both are hella fun. More people I know have Rome.

My vote would say.......Medieval 2, simply because it has more factions, better expansions, the mods for it are cool (there's a LOTR mod for it that is suppose to be great), and its more refined than Rome. But you should get Rome later on, if possible.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Medeival 2: Total War or Rome: Total War?  Empty Re: Medeival 2: Total War or Rome: Total War?

Post by Onyxknight Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I have to agree both games are awsome but it all depends on which time period you want to play in.
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:53 pm

I would get Medieval 2. I just couldn't get into Rome, but I can't get enough Medieval 2.

If you want the Roman time period there's a mod called Europa Barborum II coming out for Medieval 2 soon.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I've played every total war game to date, and nothing was even remotely close to the jizz fest that was Rome. Not to say I don't love medieval or the newer titles, but in my opinion Rome was the best as long as you're willing to deal with aged graphics.

If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, theres a very detailed mod for Rome. Third Age Total War for medieval 2 however is the definitive Lord of the Rings game and is possibly the greatest mod ever made.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:possibly the greatest mod ever made.

Bold...

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:34 pm

It's been on the top spot for most popular for far longer than any other mod I've seen in the time I've been following mods. It is very possible.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:33 pm

The LotR mod was one of the things that caught my eye in the first place. Game is definitely fun. But I think I will wait for awhile until I get Rome though, as I have a lot of games that I need to finish atm.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down