Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things starting to look bad for the Wii

+16
Felix
JumpingJet
Vigil
Rasq'uire'laskar
Death no More
KristallNacht
XNate02
Jamiesway
Gauz
PiEdude
Cheese
Ukurse
KrAzY
Angatar
Toaster
Gold Spartan
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Things starting to look bad for the Wii - Page 3 Empty Re: Things starting to look bad for the Wii

Post by capn qwerty Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 pm

What is Okami?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Things starting to look bad for the Wii - Page 3 Empty Re: Things starting to look bad for the Wii

Post by KristallNacht Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:11 pm

best Wii game EVAR
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Which really doesn't say much for it...
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:53 pm

PiEman wrote:Which really doesn't say much for it...

WIN!!!
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:03 pm

NT wrote:
4. Up-to-date Comps cost a lot

Well that's just unfair. Fully up-to-date comps are far more technologically advanced than current-gen consoles.

If all you're looking for is 360 level visuals, you can probably get away with spending... 600-650 on a PC. That's more expensive, yes, but you also get a lot more out of a PC.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:23 pm

i'm just saying though.

it does in fact effectively null his argument.

My current comp's original price + shader 3.0 gpu was $560
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:35 pm

i read the title of this and laughed and laughed and laughed

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
1. its $60 a game
Not for PS3 it ain't. Which is the only console that has game quality comparable to a PC.
KristallNacht wrote:2. No consoles cost $500
Last I checked, PS3s were still retailing at that price. Not, of course, the cut-down ones.
KristallNacht wrote:3. Comp games are only $10 cheaper
And come with such better controls.
Also, you have access to the FULL LIBRARY of computer games ever released. No more "backplayability not supported". No more "This was released on a different console."
KristallNacht wrote:4. Up-to-date Comps cost a lot
But you are also paying for the most versatile platform on the market.
Think: Your computer is as much of a media center as the PS3. And it can go online and browse whatever, do whatever. You can do your homework, surf Wikipedia, charge and manage your iPod. You can mod games! You can talk to friends on forums!

So, you see, consoles are an aberration. They were fun and all, but so was trench warfare. Consoles are the past and we... are the future.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:50 am

Actually, the PC tends to have the lowest quality games, since designers have to make the PC games scaleable to older computers, while console games can be made to that consoles limit.

And oddly enough, the PS3 actually doesn't have higher quality than the 360.

but, as we are clearly being completely biased with our arguments, a good alienware boutique computer costs a couple thousand, therefore making all computers more expensive than consoles.

srsly....

stfu
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 am

personally i prefer the controller to the keyboard, possibly because i'm more used to it, but i don't really have many pc FPS games...
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:50 am

I used to be console 100% because of all my PC games being picky or not working for random reasons. Controls will always be PC for me...

Then I realised all the best games I had were for PC.

Then I entered the mysterious world of modding... (not me, downloading other people's) and damn! They can actually make games better than the designers!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 am

i think my computer will only be used for online type games untill there's a new point and click, or if they bring monkey island back in any shape or form.
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:05 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
And oddly enough, the PS3 actually doesn't have higher quality than the 360.

PC actually tends to have the same games that are on consoles... only with more features and customizability.

PS3 games aren't more visually impressive because the Cell processor is EXTREMELY hard to develop for. As Gabe Newell will point out, developers have to re-write "every line of code" for the PS3 version.

NT wrote:Actually, the PC tends to have the lowest quality games, since designers have to make the PC games scaleable to older computers,

not really.... most Big PC games (that aren't MMOs or RTSs) have a console counterpart, and on a well fitted (not that expensive) computer, run at higher resolutions with visual features cranked up.

NT wrote: but, as we are clearly being completely biased with our arguments, a good alienware boutique computer costs a couple thousand, therefore making all computers more expensive than consoles.

That's not bias. That's just stupidity. Alienware computers are EXTREMELY over-priced. I think you know that.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Actually, the PC tends to have the lowest quality games, since designers have to make the PC games scaleable to older computers, while console games can be made to that consoles limit.
Please, wipe your mouth. You have a teensy little bit of bull**** left on your upper lip.

All console games are running on outdated hardware... except in the first year of the console's release.

Computer games are intended to run on the latest hardware, with options to tone down the graphics and physics to let it run on older computers. Look at the difference between Halo Wars and StarCraft II. (Or DoW II)

KristallNacht wrote:And oddly enough, the PS3 actually doesn't have higher quality than the 360.
Better hardware, but the hardware is harder to code for. If I recall correctly, there's no way in Hell that you'd get a game like MGS 4 to run on the Xbox.

KristallNacht wrote:but, as we are clearly being completely biased with our arguments, a good alienware boutique computer costs a couple thousand, therefore making all computers more expensive than consoles.
I'm just repeating Recon at this moment, but the Alienwares are the equivalent of the Ford Escalade among Mexicans: A highly overpriced status symbol.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:(Or DoW II)

you guys totally missed my points

and i have DoWII, not particularly atractive.

Only last year did they start making games that required shader 3.0. But Shader 4.0 has been out for almost a year already. So no, they don't make PC games for the newest hardware, they make it for over 2 generations back most of the time, since its meant to be SCALEABLE. And the whole resolution thing is a stacked question, because TVs can't output the same res as monitors.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 am

NT wrote:you guys totally missed my points

No, I think I quoted almost all of them.

NT wrote:Only last year did they start making games that required shader 3.0. But Shader 4.0 has been out for almost a year already.

See, at first you complain that PC developers have to spend so much time adding in support for quickly evolving hardware, and now you're complaining that they're not proactive enough in supporting quickly evolving hardware...

It's good what these developers are doing. Not including support for pixel shader 4.0 is fine. It wastes development time on making your game take advantage of something that maybe a lot of the market does not have. Now, adding support for multiple cores is something that needs a bit of encouragement.

NT wrote:So no, they don't make PC games for the newest hardware

No, but that doesn't mean that if you buy a brand new GTX 290 you won't see a huge increase in performance. You're debating small, insignificant things, which are more about data resourcefulness on the processing side than anything.

PC games still look better than their console counter-parts.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 am

i thought we already had a thread on a comp v console
srsly
stfu
yeah although NT is a crazy nazi i agree with him

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3