Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things starting to look bad for the Wii

+16
Felix
JumpingJet
Vigil
Rasq'uire'laskar
Death no More
KristallNacht
XNate02
Jamiesway
Gauz
PiEdude
Cheese
Ukurse
KrAzY
Angatar
Toaster
Gold Spartan
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Things starting to look bad for the Wii Empty Things starting to look bad for the Wii

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:22 pm

This maybe the time when the Wii's era of dominance comes to an end! But it probably wont happen. the story is right here.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Things starting to look bad for the Wii Empty Re: Things starting to look bad for the Wii

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Nintendo has exhibited absolute disregard for third party developments ever Sony stole all of its third party developers in the PS1 Era. Nothing has changed.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Things starting to look bad for the Wii Empty Re: Things starting to look bad for the Wii

Post by Angatar Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:35 pm

That article is all about no third part developers?

lol that's not new...
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 pm

era of dominance?

Xbox has been at the top of the market for like 3 years
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:02 am

I was about to say:
When was it looking good for them? (If you don't include Pre-Launch Hype)

One of the only people who buy the WII are the same people who Bought the NES/SNES and though it was so great that the decided never to buy any other game console other than Nintendo ones, and have after all these years done so, unknowing of what they are missing out on. They Think that Mario Galaxy is so pro, as all they have to compare is WII Fit, and Mario Kart. I played Mario Galaxy and I though I was Marios last, half decent attempt at success, And for some Idiotic reason the moronic noobs reviewer gave it good scores. If it had taken out the name Mario it would have been given a 6/10 opposed to a 9/10, No one would have bought it, and know one would know of it. If those people went and played a Good game like Starcraft, TF2, Halo 3 ETC they would realise all of the WII games are nothing more than mediocre. Zelda, Super Smash Brothers, Mario party... sure they are fun the first few times but How many times can you buy the same game? Once, twice, even thrice?.. 8 times? They need more third party support.

Or they are the n00bs who are casual gamers who don't care about online multiplayer, or multiplayer all together. A game console has to atleast have a bearable online system they WII majorly fails at that.

It might sound like I hate the WII, I just think all Nintendo Fans overrate it's greatness, it doesn't even compare to the PC, Xbox, PS3.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:08 am

Ukurse wrote:

One of the only people who buy the WII are the same people who Bought the NES/SNES and though it was so great that the decided never to buy any other game console other than Nintendo ones,

I have a Wii (I know you said 'one of' btw). I have also owned pretty much every console (starting with sega megadrive and excluding handhelds) since then, apart from the PS3. I'd say N64 is when they were last decent enough to stand alone. I'd also say that PS1 was weaker than Dreamcast; but that's both opinion and irrelevant.

But anyway, I'll agree with that the Wii is a total waste of a console - as with its predececor, the gamecube. All of the real games are at least 15 years and have been repackaged so many times that we can honestly assume they're not trying. Incidentally, I also think that Zelda and Mario hit its prime in 1994 and should have died of old age in the millennium!!

So it sounds like I hate my Wii too, right? Well I kind of do... the fact you need to use the Wiimote to select the game before you play has left me Wii-less for weeks on end when I forget the mote (I only use the gamecube pads). But I still haven't sold it because of Smash Bros Brawl. Absolutely easily got in my top three gaming titles along with Total War and STALKER. Total War at the bottom of this list.

We have nights devoted to playing it drunk, and days to playing it sober. The element of ever increasing skill, opponent guessing, combined with random barrels on your face leaves for a totally unique experience. I'm guessing that by calling it simple you aren't that great at it...

And yet... I still think Smash Bros Mellee is the best, and the only reason I use the Wii and Brawl is because my tool of a brother gave my gamecube and games to his mate.

In summary, Wii = terrible on all counts. Smash Bros = God in a box (Thor specifically, and yes I am a huge fanboy). My brother = tool for giving stuff away.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:26 am

Starting to look bad?

So the "Wii would rike to play" commercials didn't look bad to you?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:21 am

Cheese wrote: I'd also say that PS1 was weaker than Dreamcast;

Technologically? yes.... but it also came out exactly 4 years AFTER the Playstation.

The thing that made to Playstation an overall better system was third party support. Sony was the first console maker to really emphasize on the CD ROM format (instead of expensive, low capacity cartridges) and also REALLY pushed 3D gaming.

Sony went in and got exclusive deals with tons of developers, taking away a huge piece of the market share from Nintendo, and drowning Sega. EA wouldn't even develop for the Dreamcast.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:45 am

Strange..

The Wii is how old? (seriously, I forget) It still hasn't dropped its price SINCE THE DAY IT WAS FIRST RELEASED!

Nintendo is doing fine, they appea; to a different audience, they appeal to everyone. Sony is who is in trouble, imo.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamiesway Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:53 am

wii's are still awesome
Jamiesway
Jamiesway
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:05 pm

x Gauz x wrote:Strange..

The Wii is how old? (seriously, I forget) It still hasn't dropped its price SINCE THE DAY IT WAS FIRST RELEASED!

Nintendo is doing fine, they appea; to a different audience, they appeal to everyone. Sony is who is in trouble, imo.

In the UK it actually raised the price to compensate for the weakening pound! God damn I hate Nintendo, I really do.

And by dreamcast>ps1 I actually meant in terms of games. Sonic Adventure, Toy Commander, Power Stone. They were all awesome...

But then again... PS1 had FF7-FF9... Tough choice.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:37 pm

I've thunk and said it before, and I'll think and say it again:
To hell with the Japs.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Viva La Japan!
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 pm

x Gauz x wrote:Viva La Japan!

O.O

do you have any idea what PiE will do to you for saying that?!?!
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 pm

I will personally cut your dick off Gauz!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:44 pm

I don't get what the big deal is Razz
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:33 pm

the wii isn't selling since everyone and their grandparents owns a wii pretty much.

either way, the moment The Conduit comes out, every hardcore FPSer will want a Wii.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:38 pm

WTF is the conduit?
(I'm not capitalizing it because it isn't important enough to merit capitalization)
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:45 pm

KristallNacht wrote:the wii isn't selling since everyone and their grandparents owns a wii pretty much.

either way, the moment The Conduit comes out, every hardcore FPSer will want a Wii.

NT, the only reason that The Conduit seems important is the fact that it's on a console surrounded by shitty casual titles. Were The Conduit slated to come out on another system, like PC, 360, or PS3, it would be considered an average, rent-worthy shooter.

The shooter audience is not on the Wii. The Conduit appeals only to hardcore gamers who happen to own a Wii. The game is not going to move system sales.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:29 pm

PiEman wrote:WTF is the conduit?
(I'm not capitalizing it because it isn't important enough to merit capitalization)

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 pm

The Conduit is a FPS, but since I could care less about my brothers Wii, I won't care. Also, FPS and Wii do not go together.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:16 pm

I refuse to let Kornfrog get a Wii.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:13 am

Angatar wrote:The Conduit is a FPS, but since I could care less about my brothers Wii, I won't care. Also, FPS and Wii do not go together.

oh just like how 8 years ago FPS and consoles didn't go together?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:18 am

Yup.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:40 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Angatar wrote:The Conduit is a FPS, but since I could care less about my brothers Wii, I won't care. Also, FPS and Wii do not go together.

oh just like how 8 years ago FPS and consoles didn't go together?

It's not the same situation NT. The audience for sci-fi first person shooters simply does not exist on the Wii. Were this game on another console, it would probably sell a decent amount, but it being on the Wii is not going to sell units.

It's not that shooters don't work on Wii, it's just that any form of hard-core gaming experience simply does not fare well in Wii market.

Madworld was supposed to be a top-selling hardcore Wii game that would push the platform forward. It sold 160,000 units...

Games like this, games for people like us, simply do not do well on the Wii. As much as you'd like to believe that Nintendo is honestly behind the efforts of third party developers, they're only fooling people like you into thinking that they still care about core gamers.

I'm sorry. The golden days of Nintendo are over. They've discovered the casual audience, and they're quite content.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum