Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volistad Campaign Mod (IDEA) (DEAD)

+4
capn qwerty
Gold Spartan
CivBase
Kasrkin Seath
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Volistad Campaign Mod (IDEA) (DEAD) - Page 2 Empty Re: Volistad Campaign Mod (IDEA) (DEAD)

Post by Kasrkin Seath Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Erm
you re trying to download a patch?

You wont get the mod tools that way

You gotta get teh DC Mod Tools
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Volistad Campaign Mod (IDEA) (DEAD) - Page 2 Empty Re: Volistad Campaign Mod (IDEA) (DEAD)

Post by CivBase Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:38 pm

GOD! THE ONLY SITE THAT HAS THE FILES IS FILEFRONT!!!! >.<
Can you send it to me via attachment by any chance?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Uhhhhh, if you get the platnium edition, you already have all the patches.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Uhhhhh, if you get the platnium edition, you already have all the patches.
So then where do I get the mod tools? Neutral
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:or go to the relic news forum. and go under the section adeptus modificatus. they should have it there.
Sicne you refused to go where I told you to go. Heres a link. GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of their stuff runs off of filefront. I was directed there about 10 times before you told me to go there.

...unless, are you asking me to sign up there and ask them?

EDIT: Btw, I can't use their non-filefront link because "a connection with the server could not be established"
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:36 pm

OH well. I sent you to the ultimate DOW modding site. you can ask for help..... if you want to. "I signed up, but I forgot my password. Sad "
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:09 pm

file front?
you dont need to sign up to download the file
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Valistad Mod - Update One
Stupid Computer

First and foremost, this will be the start of my updates on Modding progress. As of now, I have been fiddleing around wit the Map maker and the Attribute Editor(VERY IMPORTANT to know how to use) and have had varied results.

For one, the Map Maker is very advanced, and similar to TES:Construction Set in complexity. Anyone Familiar with the Construction set for games like Oblivion or Morrowind will be able to adjust to the editor with more ease compared to those used to a Starcraft or AoE style editor.

I have made a few maps and am slightly skilled in its use, but I am no where near a master or even good at it. I mostly use maps for testing purposes only.

The Attribute Editor is by far the most frustrating thing to use. This is not because it is difficult to use, its easier to use than all the other tools, its simply because of the load time. I have a computer with 512 MB of RAM and it takes over a half of an hour to boot p the program. This is because of the fact that it has to load every game file. Dont expect to get this thing booted up in under 10 minutes without an excess of 2 gigs of RAM.

Like I said before, it is easy to use and very usefull. While I have managed to locate several key attributes, i hav enot yet found things like unit health and armor levels, as well as weapon damage, and its likely these traits are located directly within the coding, so unless you are familiar with Lua or another programming language, this isn't something you will likely be able to do. I myself am accustomed to Lua in partial from working with Homeworld 2.

---

The first step is learning.

You have to get the tool kit
You gotta read the tutorials
You gotta screw around.

Over at Relic News Forums you could likely get lots of help with things, so dont worry about asking noobish questions or anything there.
---

For our first benchmark, our goal will likely be to get the Imperial Guard to have the following(as these values would give us a sense of the final product)

Max infantry Pop -60
Max Vehicle pop - 60
Leman Russ Vehicle pop use -3
Leman Russ max limit - 15
Basalisk Max limit -10
Basalisk Main Weapon range -360(triple range)
Baneblade Max Limit - 4
Kasrkin Max Limit - 10
Starting Units - Techpriest X2, Guardsmen X2
(Normal)Starting Requisition - 2000
(Normal)Starting Power - 500
(Quickstart)Starting Power/Requisition- 20000/25000

*NOTE - I have found all these value and changed them once before, but when i tried to save the binary, my comp froze.
-------
This concludes the first Update.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:47 pm

hmmmm. Coming together very nicely. Though 4 baneblades is REALLY pushing it. Why not 3? since thats the size of a baneblade company.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:43 pm

well, you wil be able to get like 6 super heavies witht he scale its going towards, but 3 sounds fine for now, its just that with four its more like a tank platoon.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by playert Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:This is a mod idea for Dawn of War.

*Although not being a full conversion mod which would require to redo almost everything, it will still require modelers and others who can create audio and textures to make some of the new units to be added come to life within the game.*

*Will take a long time to complete, depending on how quickly models can be made and how quickly the campaign can be created*

Most of you have played RElic's game Dawn of War, however, very few have played its predecessor, Final Liberation

The game was a rather advanced Turn Based Strategy in its day, and was the first step for Warhammer 40K becoming popular in the world of Video Games. The unti selections are huge, with the Imperium alone having over 70 different unit types at their disposal and the ability to field hundreds of infantry and several dozens of tanks, as well as titans. This isn't even speaking of the orks which have a huge array of units themselves.

This mod brings forward the concept of bringing back the old to bring Final Liberation and its campaign to the modern RTS. While the mod will only change the Orcs and Imperium, teh scale of battles will become huge, maps will be massive and the unit types dwaring thsoe currently in Dawn of War. As you read this thread, you will discover what has to be added, what changes must be made, and what still has to be done. Please join in the discussion or join the team.
------------------------------------------------------------
Table of Contents:
1.1 What is Final Liberation
1.2 What does Volistad Look like?
1.3 Our Volistad Campaign

2.1 Gamplay changes

3.1 The Imperium of Man in the Volistad Campaign
3.2 Already existing units
3.3 New units

4.1 Orks in Volistad Campaign
4.2 Already Existing Units
4.3 New Units

5.1 New Audio?
5.2 Final Words
-------------------------------------------------------------
1.1 What is Final Liberation?

Final Liberation is a Turn based strategy game which takes place in the 41st century. The brutal and savage Orks have laded on the planet Volistad and have killed almost the entire populace. Soon after, an Imperial force spearheaded by space marines invades the planet which is now captured by orcs in an attempt to retake the planet and Liberate it.

The game has massive battles and a huge array of units that can be fielded, which makes it one fo the best games of its time.

1.2 What Does Volistad Look Like

Climate wise, it is like Earth. It has deserts, forests and snowy areas. It is also covered by a large ocean and much of the land mass is covered by massive cities.
Volistad Campaign Mod (IDEA) (DEAD) - Page 2 GameShotId,11772

1.3 Our campaign will be heavily based on the Final Liberation one. FInal Liberation used a meta map system, much the one in dawn of war darc crusade. The creation of a Meta Map campaign is among one of the top priorities should a campaign be made.
----------
2.1 Gameplay Changes -
-Most Infantry will have health lowered.
-All units will cost less, while vehicles will cost considereably more compared to infantry
-Infantry without AT weapons will be near useless against vehicles
-AT weapons and AT vehicle mounted weapons will be more effective.
-Infantry pop cap boosted to either 60 or 80. Limits on certain units larger than before
-Vehicle Pop cap boosted to either 40 or 60. Lmits on certain units larger than before. THis includes superheavy tanks and things like squiggoths.
----------
3.1 The Imperium of Man in the Volistad Campaign

in the Volistad Campaign, the Imperium are the 'good' guys. This is the force you will controll. They will Ultimately Liberate the planet or die trying.

3.2 Existing Units

These are the units we will not have to create from scratch, but editing wills till need to be made
-Guardsmen Squad
Lower Health

-Techpriest
Lower Health

-Command Squad
Lower Health

-Heavy Weapons Team
Include Mortar option

-Ogryn
Lower Health
Increase Melee Damage

-Kasrkin
Remove or change to Storm Troopers

-Chimera

-Hell Hound

- Sentinel

- Basalisk
Increase Range
Lower Firing Rate
Increase Damage

-Leman Russ
Increase Health
Add option to upgrade the forward gun to a Lascannon

-Baneblade
Remove Limit
Increase Health
Increase Damage of Main Gun and Demolisher Cannon
Reduce Speed

3.3 New Units

These are new Units planned to be brought into the game(these are all WH:40K units, they are just not present within DoW). THey will be describe by comparing them to existing units

-Heavy Infantry
Guardsmen
max of 10units per squad(starts with 6)
Can be upgraded with 2 Heavy Stubbers(.50 cal machine guns) or 2 Misslie Launchers(heavy weapons max)

-Assault Squad
Guardsmen
Max of 10 units per squad(starts with 6)
uses shotguns
Can be upgraded with 2 flamers

-Rough Riders
Guardsmen on horses
Squad size of 6, max of 12
Las pistol and lance

-Thudd Gun
Think of a multi barrel old fanshioned cannon, the kind with two wheels
Good range and damage, as well as high Rate of fire
Slow

-Leman Russ Exterminator
Leman Russ Health
Main gun is twin linked Autocannons
No side guns
Forward gun is by Default Heavy Bolter, but can be upgraded to a Lascannon or Dual Heavy Bolters

-Leman Russ Vanquisher
Leman Russ Health
Main Gun is a long anti vehicle cannon with range longer than Leman Russ
No side guns
Forward Gun is Heavy Bolter by default, but may be upgraded to a Lascannon

-Leman Russ Demolisher
Greater than lemat Russ Health
Does High Melee damage(Only when moving, but is it possible)
Has Dozer on front
Default Heavy Bolters on the sides
Main Gun is Demolisher Cannon( like the secondary weapon on the baneblade, the mortar thing)

-Bombard
Uses Leman Russ chassis. has slightly lower health though
No Secondary Weapons
Main Weapon is a Heavy SIege Mortar, WHich has a range just slightly greater than a Leman Russ
Main Weapon fires about as fast as a basalisk
Main Weapon has a large area of effect and does massive damage and greatly hurts morale

-Manticore
Uses Chimera Chassis
Launches volleys of 2 misslies at a time, identical to those on a whirlwind
Slightly shorter range than Basalisk
long reload time

-Shadowsword
Baneblade Chassis
Longer Range than Baneblade
Main Gun(Volcano Cannon) deals Extremely high damage
Main Gun has a long cool down time
Has Heavy Bolters on the sides by default, upgradable into Dual heavy Bolters

-Stormhammer
Just look at the pic, too much to describe

4.1 Orks in Volistad Campaign

Yadda yadda yadda, what can yous ay about them? THey landed a space hulk and have overrun the planet.

4.2 Existing Units

4.3 New Units
Gobsmasha
Lungbursta
Gunwagon
Gutrippa
War Bike
War Buggy
Gargant
Super Gargant (Campaign Only)

***WORK IN PROGRESS***

in other words, thsi game is going to be fucking awsome!
playert
playert
Minion

Male Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 pm

yes it will, assuming it gets finished
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey playert! I thought you said you forgot ur password and didnt have time for us anymore.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by playert Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Hey playert! I thought you said you forgot ur password and didnt have time for us anymore.

i dint forget my password. it just never worked. i tried all the ones ive ever used and none of them worked. i got sent new passwords and none of them worked. and the time thing that was a little while ago i got time now. had a ton of stuff going on.
playert
playert
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:09 pm

oh. so you FINALLY got ur password since you sent me the pm. ABOUT TIME!!!
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by playert Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:18 am

Gold Spartan5 wrote:oh. so you FINALLY got ur password since you sent me the pm. ABOUT TIME!!!
actually i had to have LP (thas what everybody seems to be calling him now-a-days) change it for me so i could use that one and get in.
playert
playert
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:11 am

Volistad Mod -Update Two
Close, but no cigar

My second and extremely short update. In main, I got all the things done set in Update 1, but broke the game int eh proxcess and now have to start all over (ANGRY FACE)!!!
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:13 am

lol?
team dfc
team dfc
Minion

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:48 am

Im pissed
It took a while tog et it working and when I went to go change something it broke the whole game
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2