Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach 2.0

+34
Offensive Bias
Cheese
squirrelboy
A_Bearded_Swede
TNine
Death no More
Carcarius
KristallNacht
Zaki90
dragoon9105
Gold Spartan
KrAzY
tiny tim
Felix
Avenged
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ruski
BBJynne
PiEdude
Ascendant Justice
Dud Doodoo
Onyxknight
Angatar
Lord Pheonix
Rotaretilbo
Vtrooper
Vigil
Carlos Spicyweiner
Ukurse
Divine Virus
Gauz
Ringleader
Nocbl2
CivBase
38 posters

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach 2.0 - Page 28 Empty Re: Halo: Reach 2.0

Post by Ukurse Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:44 am

Divine Virus wrote:I'm almost there, to Lt. Colonel. (Major Grade 3)

How is it up there, do they have cookies and someone to who will get me the milk? Razz
Besides for Mark V and General elite guy, it feels much the same, at least for me.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 pm

you get the awesome JFO helmet though.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 am

YouCurse wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:I'm almost there, to Lt. Colonel. (Major Grade 3)

How is it up there, do they have cookies and someone to who will get me the milk? Razz
Besides for Mark V and General elite guy, it feels much the same, at least for me.

You get the final original achievement and it makes my 100% completed record of all Halo 360 achievements complete. (Well until November at least. Damnit bungie!)
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Vigil, the new ones will be easy as pie, don't worry, remember the Legendary and Mythic map pack ones... no one say a thing about me taking over a year to get 2 of them, i already annoyed enought it took that long
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:15 pm

I still need to get half the H3 achievements.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 am

Vtrooper wrote:Vigil, the new ones will be easy as pie, don't worry, remember the Legendary and Mythic map pack ones... no one say a thing about me taking over a year to get 2 of them, i already annoyed enought it took that long

It's not that they will be that difficult, they'll either be A: Time consuming

B: Not easy to get when they are released (Remember Alas poor Yorick? Geez.)
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:57 am

Vigil wrote:
Vtrooper wrote:Vigil, the new ones will be easy as pie, don't worry, remember the Legendary and Mythic map pack ones... no one say a thing about me taking over a year to get 2 of them, i already annoyed enought it took that long

It's not that they will be that difficult, they'll either be A: Time consuming

B: Not easy to get when they are released (Remember Alas poor Yorick? Geez.)
What was Alas Poor Yorick?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 pm

What about the Halo Wars achievements?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Yes, I got all of them too (Including the DLC ones.)

Yes, I'm that much of a achievment whore.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Vigil wrote:Yes, I'm that much of a achievment whore.
Truer words have never been spoken. Razz

Love you Vigil!
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Vigil wrote:Yes, I got all of them too (Including the DLC ones.)

Yes, I'm that much of a achievment whore.

i had them all, until microsoft decided i cheated and got rid of all of them....
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:14 am

Just got done playing Halo: Reach, and, as I feared, I died a little on the inside. So, to all you who said "oh, we shouldn't judge it until it comes out, it probably won't be as bad as you think," go fuck yourselves, it was far worse than I ever imagined.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:17 am

its still fun, even if its fairly fail at canon.

and its at least more halo than halo wars
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:49 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:Just got done playing Halo: Reach, and, as I feared, I died a little on the inside. So, to all you who said "oh, we shouldn't judge it until it comes out, it probably won't be as bad as you think," go fuck yourselves, it was far worse than I ever imagined.

I told you wouldn't like it.

I just choose not to get mad about it, as I was done with Halo either way.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Sigh.
Yeah, it does break canon, although not as much as some people I know think. There's certainly a lot of patching that was done in the Halsey Diaries, so that makes up for some of the fail.

But you know what? I just can't get angry about it, Rot. That's what I did with Halo Wars, and I kinda burned myself out on getting angry. Don't get me wrong, I wish Reach had done things differently, I still think that the ES writing team are a bunch of wage-working, timeclock-punching hacks, but I'm not going to write off the Haloverse, past and present.

I'm just going to paint over this with broad strokes, drop some parts of tFOR and some parts of Halo: Reach. Halo: Reach isn't a gem, but tFOR is hardly without it's flaws (Namely, Nylund's bad habit of introducing something NEW and POWERFUL and TERRIFYING... when it hardly makes sense in context. He even did it in The Interesting Life and Possible Death of J. Preston Cole.)

Am I through with Halo? No. I've just got too much invested in it, and Isolation has to be finished.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Just got done playing Halo: Reach, and, as I feared, I died a little on the inside. So, to all you who said "oh, we shouldn't judge it until it comes out, it probably won't be as bad as you think," go fuck yourselves, it was far worse than I ever imagined.

Huh.
Funny, after i finished it, i was like holy shit that was awesome. So I played through it again, another 3 times and got all the achievements for it. So far, still a really good game.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Baconsen wrote:

Huh.
Funny, after i finished it, i was like holy shit that was awesome. So I played through it again, another 3 times and got all the achievements for it. So far, still a really good game.
What Bacon said. The whole canon break was like a really weak common cold to me, I got over it really fast.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:42 pm

The only problem i actually care about is the lagsword in infection otherwise i still think reach is a great game.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:27 pm

It didn't bother you guys that Halsey was a complete bitch, or that the Pillar of Autumn comes down to Reach's surface, or that the Covenant were apparently on Reach long before the Covenant fleet arrived, but Keyes apparently isn't told to deploy his Spartans until the actual fleet arrives, or that Cortana is apparently a Forerunner artifact even though she was supposed to be with John like a week before Reach was attacked, or that Halsey isn't suspicious at all when she sees all these Spartans who are not her work at her front door and then completely caught off guard when she finds out about the Spartan-III program while in CASTLE Base, or that a Super MAC shoots the surface of Reach and doesn't even fucking make a splash? None of that stuff bothered you? It didn't bother you that Spartan-IIIs in M&M colored Mk.V armor (which are shown to be very battle worn and heavily modified, despite Mk.V coming out mere days before Reach fell) who are supposed to be a super top secret elite team of spec ops guys (despite the fact that one of their number is the stupidest dumbass in the galaxy and can't even fucking see out his visor just to look slightly more badass) are sent to investigate a communications issue on Reach that just happens to be the Covenant, and that no one fucking noticed the fucking Covenant land on Reach in the first place, or that a fucking Spartan-III in mix and match armor falls from FUCKING SPACE and all he hurts is his arm and his leg slightly? None of that shit bothered you? I mean, fuck, canon issues notwithstanding, Kat's death felt like Carmine's death in GoW: she was just some faceless fuck who dies and no one gives a fuck about.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:37 pm

exactly, its kinda standard for the gaming community now-adays no problem with it whatsoever.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:It didn't bother you guys that Halsey was a complete bitch, or that the Pillar of Autumn comes down to Reach's surface, or that the Covenant were apparently on Reach long before the Covenant fleet arrived, but Keyes apparently isn't told to deploy his Spartans until the actual fleet arrives, or that Cortana is apparently a Forerunner artifact even though she was supposed to be with John like a week before Reach was attacked, or that Halsey isn't suspicious at all when she sees all these Spartans who are not her work at her front door and then completely caught off guard when she finds out about the Spartan-III program while in CASTLE Base, or that a Super MAC shoots the surface of Reach and doesn't even fucking make a splash? None of that stuff bothered you? It didn't bother you that Spartan-IIIs in M&M colored Mk.V armor (which are shown to be very battle worn and heavily modified, despite Mk.V coming out mere days before Reach fell) who are supposed to be a super top secret elite team of spec ops guys (despite the fact that one of their number is the stupidest dumbass in the galaxy and can't even fucking see out his visor just to look slightly more badass) are sent to investigate a communications issue on Reach that just happens to be the Covenant, and that no one fucking noticed the fucking Covenant land on Reach in the first place, or that a fucking Spartan-III in mix and match armor falls from FUCKING SPACE and all he hurts is his arm and his leg slightly? None of that shit bothered you? I mean, fuck, canon issues notwithstanding, Kat's death felt like Carmine's death in GoW: she was just some faceless fuck who dies and no one gives a fuck about.

I noted all of that on my playthrough as well.

and don't forget that the MC was in cryosleep on the autumn when you passed cortana over.

but, it wasn't Cortana that was the discovery, it was Halo that was the discovery. The Idea was to have Cortana take the Pillar to Halo.

And in Halo 3 MC fell from the sky and didn't even limp away.

in whole, Halo's all fucked up
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:55 pm

I completely agree with Rot. Vigil, I TOLD YOU IT WAS WORSE THAN ARCADIA!
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:It didn't bother you guys that Halsey was a complete bitch, or that the Pillar of Autumn comes down to Reach's surface, or that the Covenant were apparently on Reach long before the Covenant fleet arrived, but Keyes apparently isn't told to deploy his Spartans until the actual fleet arrives, or that Cortana is apparently a Forerunner artifact even though she was supposed to be with John like a week before Reach was attacked, or that Halsey isn't suspicious at all when she sees all these Spartans who are not her work at her front door and then completely caught off guard when she finds out about the Spartan-III program while in CASTLE Base, or that a Super MAC shoots the surface of Reach and doesn't even fucking make a splash? None of that stuff bothered you? It didn't bother you that Spartan-IIIs in M&M colored Mk.V armor (which are shown to be very battle worn and heavily modified, despite Mk.V coming out mere days before Reach fell) who are supposed to be a super top secret elite team of spec ops guys (despite the fact that one of their number is the stupidest dumbass in the galaxy and can't even fucking see out his visor just to look slightly more badass) are sent to investigate a communications issue on Reach that just happens to be the Covenant, and that no one fucking noticed the fucking Covenant land on Reach in the first place, or that a fucking Spartan-III in mix and match armor falls from FUCKING SPACE and all he hurts is his arm and his leg slightly? None of that shit bothered you? I mean, fuck, canon issues notwithstanding, Kat's death felt like Carmine's death in GoW: she was just some faceless fuck who dies and no one gives a fuck about.
1. Halsey was on her period. 2. The Pillar of Autumn needed gas. 3. They were having a grunt birthday party and the grunt just so happened to have recently immigrated to Reach. 4. Keyes got invited to the birthday party so he would have felt bad crashing it. 5. Bungie forgot to mention Cortana's Forerunner past. 6. Her and John had a big fight and she went to Halsey for emotional support. 7. Kat's hot and I'm sure that robotic arm gives a great handy J.
Halo: Reach 2.0 - Page 28 TrollfaceProblem bro?

Last edited by Carlos Spicyweiner on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:05 pm

KristallNacht wrote:but, it wasn't Cortana that was the discovery, it was Halo that was the discovery. The Idea was to have Cortana take the Pillar to Halo.

Which, in the books, is noted as Cortana making a slightly less than random Slipspace jump based on data retrieved from a crystal and her own random guess.

KristallNacht wrote:And in Halo 3 MC fell from the sky and didn't even limp away.

From what I understood, he had some sort of escape craft that burnt up in reentry, and he was practically dead when they found him.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Carlos Spicyweiner wrote:
1. Halsey was on her period. 2. It needed gas. 3. They were having a grunt birthday party and the grunt just so happened to have recently immigrated to Reach. 4. Keyes got invited to the birthday party. 5. Bungie forgot to mention Cortana's Forerunner past. 6. Her and John had a big fight and she went to Halsey for emotional support. 7. Kat's hot and I'm sure that robotic arm gives a great handy J.
Halo: Reach 2.0 - Page 28 TrollfaceProblem bro?
Oh dear god I hope that wasn't serious...
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next