Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach

+39
Zaki90
MrX
Ruski
CivBase
KristallNacht
Elabajaba
noir
TYFIGHTER
Barbbachello
Offensive Bias
A_Bearded_Swede
Prasheed
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Angatar
TNine
Onyxknight
Death no More
Vigil
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Ziggy
Nocbl2
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Rasq'uire'laskar
JB
Felix
Cheese
Gold Spartan
XNate02
Vtrooper
Gauz
Divine Virus
43 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 29 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Vigil Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 am

Similar to RX's posts, just loads of in game videos of Reach, the menus, the maps, the loadouts everything you want to know.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/26/halo-reach-pre-beta-video-walkthroughs-gameplay-footage/

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/beta-mp-halo-reach/64877

Elites speak English in multiplayer. First Strike medal FTW.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/beta-mp-halo-reach/64875

Plasma Repeater owns. Also vehicles look like they won't be as soul destroying when they get the upper hand, as the Spartans can call on Grenade launchers.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:37 am

Thank you for those videos Vigil.

Halo: Reach - Page 29 BIG
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:Yah... cuz you all hate Halo... riiiiiiiight...

-_-

Halo 2 multiplayer? I said it was mechanically flawed, not that I hate it, most games are mechanically flawed in some way or another.
Then why are you talking in a thread called Halo: Reach?

Well, you see, me and NT were engaging in a conversation about load-outs, in which I cited the BR as a reason why load-outs might be unbalanced. By citing the BR, I had inadvertently brought up halo 2 at the same time, and I guess that was the origin of why I referenced Halo 2 in a thread called Halo Reach, to cite information and support ideas that I was hoping we could discuss.

They aren't going to a change a formula that has been successful for nearly a decade just because a minority of fans (Like you) didn't enjoy that gameplay. I hate MW2 multiplayer style, but it's not going to stop Infinity ward making MW3 virtually unchanged from MW2. I can live with that, as I'm not venturing into the COD series again.

Yes, I fully understand this, however that doesn't mean we can't discuss game play mechanics right? I mean, what the hell is the purpose of this whole website then? We discuss all sorts of things knowing that we, a small minority of people, will not really change anything here, so...

Can't we just discuss things please? I mean, if you don't want to, then I implore you not to inconvenience yourself.

Reach is going to be very similar to Halo 3's multiplayer, just expand on it, as 3 did with Halo 2. It's a very linear expansion, as it not going to be a ground-up upheal of the old system, more a reinfinement.

Yeah, I got that thank you.

Sort of like how Halo 2 expanded on Halo 1, right? Maybe how Halo 3 expanded on halo 2? Why is this idea of linearity set in stone? I understand this will likely be the case, but it's not like it can't be different from all the reasons that made Halo 2 sub-par. The supposed linear refinement from Halo 1 to Halo 2 was anything but, so I would be hesitant to extrapolate the mechanics of Halo: Reach.

They are changing a ton of stuff, loudouts, innacuracy of weapons, health? That's hardly what we are familiar with in Halo.

If you didn't like Halo 2 online, you won't like Halo 3 Online, and ergo Reach online.

You phrase this as though I have never played Halo 3, even though I believe I had already provided my stance on Halo 3's gameplay. If not, I think it's alright, better then Halo 2, worse then Halo CE?

If it 'tortures' you so much, I suggest you go find another multiplayer game, and if you give a damn about Halo anymore (Seriously a lot here seem to be more or less done with it.) Just rent it, finish the campaign and leave it.

Uh huh...

I understand that you are building off of what other people are misconstruing here, but your still misconstruing what I said. Firstly, I said the BR was overpowered, that's it, everything else is just building off of that fact, Secondly I said it's mechanics were flawed, not that I hated it. I'll admit that much of the time I play Halo, I do feel like I'm running my head into a wall, but the amount of BS generated by playing is marginally less then the enjoyment and entertainment generated when playing.

Anyways, the gameplay is looking great! Those new guns look like they will actually be useful in combat, and the DMR looks surprisingly underpowered! This game might actually be my new favorite.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Ringleader wrote:half the time it feels like I'm bashing my brains out with a rock, but I still played it because I'm bored. It was marginally entertaining but it caused an unnecessary amount of grief for everyone that wouldn't stoop down to using the BR (bewitch rifle). Playing Halo 2 and 3 is like, mental masochism, more then genuine entertainment

THEN WHY DO YOU PLAY IT?!!?!?

and in response to what you just said in a post just above this one. you very much did say that you hate it. noone is misconstruing that fact.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't know about you guys but after watching some gameplay videos of the beta, I gotta say that the weapons look pretty balanced.

It doesn't look like 1 weapon will completely dominate over the others, as the BR did in Halo 3. Not that I'm agreeing with RL or anything but let's be honest, the BR was vastly superior to any of the other weapons in the game besides power weapons. Sure some of the others were just fine like the mauler and carbine. But which weapon do you go for when given the option: the BR.

But it does not look to be that way in Reach. Having any of the weapons seems just as effective as having any of the others, and I think these loadouts help with that a lot.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:30 pm

No actually, I am afraid you are mistaken NT, I never said I hated 'it'.

Furthermore, what I had stated here:
Anyways, the gameplay is looking great! Those new guns look like they will actually be useful in combat, and the DMR looks surprisingly underpowered! This game might actually be my new favorite.
Completely countermands my suspicions brought up in my earlier posts, and removing the need for you to respond upon it as though it were still an argument I am trying to apply to Halo: Reach.

Additionally, we had already moved past that point, and I had already elaborated on what I said to clarify any apparent confusion. What exactly did you hope to accomplish by addressing a post that had already been addressed? Besides me restating the exact same words I had already restated? Despite how it looks in the "My drawings... Oh yes, I am an artist." Thread, I have no intention of debating things further unless there is a legitimate reason to do so.

So to recap my standing,

-DMR does NOT look overpowered.

-Halo 2's multiplayer was mediocre at best, still better then most other options, but playable.

-Halo CE was the best in the trilogy in terms of mechanics, sure it had an overpowered pistol, but that's it.

-Halo 3 made some improvements upon Halo 2, but still kept what had made it a bad successor to Halo CE.

-Halo Reach looks beautiful, like they fused Halo CE and Halo 3 into something amazing.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 am

Ringleader wrote:Halo 2's multiplayer was mediocre at best, still better then most other options, but playable.
I'm sure Bungie is sorry that the first game to successfully utilize online multiplayer on a console wasn't up to your expectations.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:06 pm

It's alright, I forgive them. They were even sweet enough to make up for it with Halo Reach.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Eh... the DMR still kinda looks a bit overpowered. Or the people in the gameplay vids just suck Razz
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Yeah, he used it twice, and got shot up like swiss cheese each time.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:17 am

Welcome to Noble Team.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:56 am

Vigil wrote:

Welcome to Noble Team.
Aaaamaaaaziiing!!!!
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:53 am

Kinda thought the trailer wasn't that good. At least when compared to the other Live Action ones.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:10 am

Hey, guys...

Was that a Cougar I saw?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Extented Live Action Halo Reach Trailer

This ones almost 3 mins long but doesn't really tell much more then the other did. I have to agree that the one that was for ODST was much better. I know that this one is supposed to be a little more serious with the the whole Spartan Program and all, but a little action or even some iconic Halo weapons, vehicles, characters or seomthing would have been nice.

Anyway I still think it's cool and still teases us of a Halo Movie.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Ruski wrote:Kinda thought the trailer wasn't that good. At least when compared to the other Live Action ones.

Agreed.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Divine Viяus wrote:Extented Live Action Halo Reach Trailer

This ones almost 3 mins long but doesn't really tell much more then the other did. I have to agree that the one that was for ODST was much better. I know that this one is supposed to be a little more serious with the the whole Spartan Program and all, but a little action or even some iconic Halo weapons, vehicles, characters or seomthing would have been nice.

Anyway I still think it's cool and still teases us of a Halo Movie.

Don't think it showed it very well. As I don't think it was COMPLETELY automated. The change of his eye coolur maybe.. as there were some side effects similar to that.

Tha Asian was probably the sniper we saw before, and my main question is WHO THE FUCK IS THE GUY IN THE RED BERET? Is it the lone Wolf? Kurt? Random guy?

The 'cougar' looked like a standard truck to me, the only halo vehicle I saw was the pelican.

I also noticed how stupid Carter's armour looks like in real life.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

i think mr. red beret was Jorge
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:37 pm

I think Red Beret was Kurt, but don't quote me on that.

And if you're going to augment a hundred people, you might as well use a large degree of automation. "Midnight In The Heart Of The Midlothian" pointed out how automated UNSC surgical procedures are.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Halo: Reach - Page 29 BlameStosh
Caught this on bungie.net. Semi-related, totally hilarious.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:49 am

After sleeping on it and having a bit of a think about it, this is what I determined from the trailer, using info we already have.

Carter is 32 during the events of Reach, making him about 11 when he was conscripted into the Spartan III's, making him the oldest living Spartan III. From the Trailer, I deduced it's set around 2536. So when he's about 16, which makes sense.

I don't think the dude in the beret is Kurt, as he'd have about the same birth date as John (2511) making him about 26 during this, which seemed a bit too old for the guy.

The Asian guy is Jun (the guy with the recon ghilie suit and sniper), which leads me to believe that the dude in the beret is Emile, as they are all of a similar age, and are all Alpha company spartans.

I consceed the point about it being automated, especially as it was 300 candidates who were augmentated into spartans. I'd probably automate it too, quicker, cheaper and relatively safer, one of the main points of the program to begin with.

As for the final shot with the armour. I'd assume that's a customised Mark IV suit. Why he's getting one at this point boils down to several theories I thought up.

1. Noble team was formed before Opertaion Prometheus, possibly due to explemarly performance during the battle of New Constantinople.

2. This part was set after Operation Prometheus.

3. A small group where given the updgraded suits as a test to see if they could function like the Spartan II teams.

4. It's a trailer and I'm reading way too much into it, especially given Halo: Landfall's canon standpoint was pretty shakey.

As for Noble Team itself, my guess was that they were a handle of survivors from Prometheus and they were formed into a squad, used for ops too valuable to send Spartan II team to deal with. As time progressed they suffered casualties, leaving only the three seen in Reach. They were supplemented with survivors of Pelgasi Delta, and the more experienced Jorge (who probably had a faked KIA/MIA.) I doubt Kurt knew about this.

As for the Lone Wolf, I'm pretty sure he was Ackerson's personal spartan, who he picked up after Pelgasi. He probably sent him on black-ops missions hitting targets and enemies that Ackerson wanted gone; Covenant or UNSC, which might explain why his ONI file had things that Carter 'Wasn't supposed to see'.

How he got on Noble Team is unknown.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:14 am

Hey guys, guess what I found
Beta Keys
Thank you grand rapids press!

EDIT: It's over now

Last edited by kasrkin seath on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:54 am

Heh, good analysis, Vigil.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 am

kasrkin seath wrote:Hey guys, guess what I found
Beta Keys
Thank you grand rapids press!

EDIT: It's over now
I though bungie said that all you needed was a copy of ODST and a 360?
No keys required.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next