Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DoW: Dark Crusade

+9
KrAzY
thane321
Yam Head
JB
Maginot Line
CivBase
KristallNacht
Gold Spartan
Kasrkin Seath
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DoW: Dark Crusade - Page 3 Empty Re: DoW: Dark Crusade

Post by JB Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:39 pm

The only real way I've ever beaten them is with the SM's and a couple times with the Orks.

Also if you have units with knockback attacks, they're pretty effective too. The thing I hate about Necrons is that they have no Morale (I think)
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 pm

i have this but can only play as Tau because i lost my DoW:WA disk
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 pm

JB wrote:The only real way I've ever beaten them is with the SM's and a couple times with the Orks.

Also if you have units with knockback attacks, they're pretty effective too. The thing I hate about Necrons is that they have no Morale (I think)

Use the space marines early but fairly strong units to kill their scarabs before they can build power generators; these are the key to necron sucess - Also, building the monolith beyond lvl 2 is pointless, flayed ones are the best units they have, especially in attachment to some Tomb Spiders/ Lord's mass reincranation of whatever. They are also shit at detecting stealth so the tau might be quite effective.
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:32 am

JB wrote:The only real way I've ever beaten them is with the SM's and a couple times with the Orks.

Warriors, the Lord and something else but I forget the name have morale...
They really dont seem to be effected by low morale though...
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 am

Well, the Tau would work pretty well, and I have seen some eldar players do fairly well against them too. If you can keep relocating your base as the eldar it really helps to weaken them down without losing resources.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:57 am

Or you can pull the old build a Webway gate in there base then have an entire army pour out of it. That was me and seaths old strategy but it was hard for us early game since I was teching and didnt build little to any troops Razz
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:15 am

Well, I've found that attacking a Necron player on multiple fronts can help alot, or finding a good choke point to micromanage your forces so you're able to keep pulling squads back as you lose troops (im sure you knew that) but I once managed to pull them into a trench with a negative defense bonus and it had craters all around it for a plus to defense and attack from my heros and I kept them stemmed there while my brother went after their base. The key I've found is to be able to keep their units incapacitated via explosives, or any other form of moving imparement.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:26 am

JB wrote:Well, I've found that attacking a Necron player on multiple fronts can help alot, or finding a good choke point to micromanage your forces so you're able to keep pulling squads back as you lose troops (im sure you knew that) but I once managed to pull them into a trench with a negative defense bonus and it had craters all around it for a plus to defense and attack from my heros and I kept them stemmed there while my brother went after their base. The key I've found is to be able to keep their units incapacitated via explosives, or any other form of moving imparement.
Yeah they if you can keep them down though. We were playing quatra and there wasnt alot of choke points to get them with...
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 am

yeah, depending on the terrain features can really make a difference, I just like to use the Orks alot and their Wartrukks can constantly barrage them with explosives when you give them the extra bombchukka.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:35 am

Yeah there looted lemon russ tanks drive me insane because of the pwnzr range and they can take a beating.
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:23 pm

I was hitting them with earthshaker rounds and they were not slowing down at all. Those have the greatest knockback effect in the game, and normally kills entire squads at once(i've killed entire tau armies using htem before).

I figure it would have helped to have baneblade, leman russ' and heavy weapons teams with autocannons out, but the necrons get to their units faster than IG do. There honestly isn't a way for IG to stop them, unless you spam Guardsmen or seomthing, and guardsmen suck.

Of the few times I have won against necrons as IG, it has normally been because I was able to circumvent their attack force with mine and destroy their base before they reached mine... that and bigger maps where I could earthshaker the hell outta them.

It would be nice if Kasrkin could deepstrike like they are supposed to be able to do as well, and if you were able to get more than one squad of them. One squad of kasrkin is honestly not that good.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:52 pm

So far the only way I've seen them beat is an all out fuck rush in the beggining, and I've only seen it work with the Tau.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:01 am

Wraith upgraded at the monolith thing have aht ability to go invincibe for like ~10 secs, I've use this many times to pass through choke points and then deploy about 5 sqauds of fleash ones at people's bases.
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Necrons need to be more balanced. The reason I dont play the new one is cause they rape everything they touch.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:45 pm

True, as long as you let them get going. Also, they are damn slow, try tying their sqauds up with cheap troops and sending heavys to attack their base, lad.
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:59 pm

DoW really killed 40k for me...

suddenly tons of little kids were shoewing up at the GW with their HORRIBLY painted armies trying to play a game they had only experianced digitally... only to realize that the tabletop game is NOTHING like the computer game....

it was like a month before anybody beat me in a game.... because I would show up and everybody who was experianced was always spending their time TEACHING these little bastards how to play the game.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:15 pm

KrAzY wrote:DoW really killed 40k for me...

suddenly tons of little kids were shoewing up at the GW with their HORRIBLY painted armies trying to play a game they had only experianced digitally... only to realize that the tabletop game is NOTHING like the computer game....

it was like a month before anybody beat me in a game.... because I would show up and everybody who was experianced was always spending their time TEACHING these little bastards how to play the game.

Alright, alright, but just think how you'd feel if you were one of those kids. Better to have crap players than none at all, right?
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:37 pm

my local GW is a Battle Bunker... meaning that theres always tons of people in it looking for a game....

I enjoy winning every game I play.... but its not nearly as fun to win those games when the person you are playing against has NO CLUE what is happening or WHY they are losing
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Yeah, also the common theme of SPESS MAHREENS R AWESUM gets very tedious. Part time 40k player here.
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:00 pm

KrAzY wrote:DoW really killed 40k for me...

Luckily my local GW shop/gaming center only has veteran 40k players. Since little kids dont really go there. SPACE WOLVES FTW!!!! I'm currently 7-0-1 with my Space Wolves.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:39 pm

With my Badmoonz force I was pretty good, I only won a few games against veterans, but they were pretty surprised on how well I would do for such a young age (Started at the age of 9) My dad introduced me into it and we'd go down to the city every once in a while and play against people. My dad was really good at it, he has one of the largest Ultra marine forces I've ever seen.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Started age 8, when I was 11 I built an IG force, lost more than I won but oh well. now I'm building a Space Wolves army and I've done well so far. 80 attacks every melee really helps. Razz
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Im too poor, my step-father would disown me and a GW is too far away for me to do the tabletop.

Yam... I think I may have figured iut a strat.

On start, you send a servitor and scout squad to take the enemy relic and fortufy that spot.

I will focus less on vehicles and more on getting heavy weapons teams out. This will mean I will build less power generators and I will be able to tech faster due to less req spent on them.

I will immeidate build a infantry HQ by teh enemy relic and get a ton of heavy weapons teams down there, fortify the enemy passes with them.

From there we could work a case-scenario strategy
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Its worth a try, if we play any more necrons.
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Heavy Weapons teams + Autocannons = infantry raped IN THE ASSES
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law