Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existence of God

+42
T-Bone
Avenged
RX
Jamiesway
noir
Maginot Line
JB
L0d3x
Ringleader
Yam Head
Esruku
Carcarius
LH Justin
Lord Pheonix
Twizzey
tiny tim
thane321
R!zZle BiZzl£
Kasrkin Seath
BBJynne
Death no More
Untamed Reign
Angatar
KrAzY
JumpingJet
TNine
kslidz
PiEdude
dragoon9105
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
Cheese
Toaster
KristallNacht
XNate02
Felix
Nocbl2
CivBase
Zaki90
46 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Existence of God - Page 23 Empty Re: Existence of God

Post by CivBase Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
CivBase wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:This thread is still going? Truly, you guys make me all sad face inside.
QFT

Even I gave up on this thread long ago. It hasn't achieved anything, and likely never will.

In other words.... you lost Razz
Call it what you want, but you know what it is.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:39 am

Rotaretilbo; Page 1 wrote:Ah, but you see Recon, many atheists do rule out God as even being a possibility. That is why there is a term agnostic to refer to people who have decided that there is no logical way to prove either side, and have thus decided to sit on the fence.

If we're going to argue logic, I'd say agnostic is the most logical conclusion to come to. Both sides have scientific support, and both sides have holes. So, if you do indeed not subscribe to any finite belief, that would make you an agnostic, not an atheist.

Rotaretilbo; Page 3 wrote:I'd help Civ out, but I honestly believe that the most logical conclusion one can come to is agnostic, unsure whether or not a God exists. After that, it comes down to personal belief and faith.

Rotaretilbo; Page 24 wrote:I must say, for a thread that I had hoped would die off into both sides agreeing that there is no logical reason to take sides in this issue, and that all decisions after one consciously decides that there may or may not be a God are based on personal belief and faith, this thread has become exceedingly long.

Why do I bring all this up. Well, to show that the thread was doomed from the start, because, in the end, I'm pretty sure all of those reasonable enough to understand the basic tenets of logic will be able to agree that there is no possible way one could logically prove or disprove God. There are no winners in an argument in which neither side can win, only losers. Thus, Recon, you lose. Civ, you lose. kslidz, you lose. The only reason I don't lose (I certainly don't win, either) was because I had the sense to abandon this thread almost entirely after like page 4. :p
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Rot wrote: there is no possible way one could logically prove or disprove God.

My dear friend, has your long absence from this thread deluded your memory? I agreed to such a statement long ago, whilst putting forth the statement that my argument is not one of 'whether or not the idea of a god is logical,' but whether or not it is logical to believe in such a theory indeffinitely.

Rot wrote:I must say, for a thread that I had hoped would die off into both sides agreeing that there is no logical reason to take sides in this issue,

I think some mis-took faith for logic. Razz

Rot wrote: I honestly believe that the most logical conclusion one can come to is agnostic, unsure whether or not a God exists.

Agreed. I would call myself 'agnostic,' but the sound of it is just too soft.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Rotaretilbo; Page 1 wrote:Ah, but you see Recon, many atheists do rule out God as even being a possibility. That is why there is a term agnostic to refer to people who have decided that there is no logical way to prove either side, and have thus decided to sit on the fence.

If we're going to argue logic, I'd say agnostic is the most logical conclusion to come to. Both sides have scientific support, and both sides have holes. So, if you do indeed not subscribe to any finite belief, that would make you an agnostic, not an atheist.

Rotaretilbo; Page 3 wrote:I'd help Civ out, but I honestly believe that the most logical conclusion one can come to is agnostic, unsure whether or not a God exists. After that, it comes down to personal belief and faith.

Rotaretilbo; Page 24 wrote:I must say, for a thread that I had hoped would die off into both sides agreeing that there is no logical reason to take sides in this issue, and that all decisions after one consciously decides that there may or may not be a God are based on personal belief and faith, this thread has become exceedingly long.

Why do I bring all this up. Well, to show that the thread was doomed from the start, because, in the end, I'm pretty sure all of those reasonable enough to understand the basic tenets of logic will be able to agree that there is no possible way one could logically prove or disprove God. There are no winners in an argument in which neither side can win, only losers. Thus, Recon, you lose. Civ, you lose. kslidz, you lose. The only reason I don't lose (I certainly don't win, either) was because I had the sense to abandon this thread almost entirely after like page 4. :p

Did I win?

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:

I'm just trying to shoot down other people's logic, not make my own.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:42 pm

You tied, Zaki.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm

I'm pretty sure this has been said before, but it can't be proved, or disapproved.

I'm pretty sure life evolved, as the superpositioned fossil record shows. Not to say it wasn't created, or if not at least there is some supreme entity.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:14 pm

RL wrote:I'm pretty sure this has been said before, but it can't be proved, or disapproved.

*sigh
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:31 pm

I think that you guys are debating the practicallity of believing in a god, not wether or not it exists. Meaning this title is misleading!
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:46 pm

x Gauz x wrote:I think that you guys are debating the practicallity of believing in a god, not wether or not it exists. Meaning this title is misleading!

We did both.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:

Did I win?
You didn't read any of that post, did you?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Zaki, you can haz fail.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Angatar wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:

Did I win?
You didn't read any of that post, did you?
He didn't say I lost/

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:05 am

x Gauz x wrote:I think that you guys are debating the practicallity of believing in a god, not wether or not it exists. Meaning this title is misleading!

But since neither side can be proved logically, it is not logically practical to subscribe to either side. Thus, the only logical and thus practical belief is that of an Agnostic, one who believes that there could be a God, but that there is no way to know.

Zaki90 wrote:He didn't say I lost

Then allow me to clarify. Zaki, you lost worse than practically everyone else in this thread combined.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:10 am

Rot wrote:But since neither side can be proved logically, it is not logically practical to subscribe to either side. Thus, the only logical and thus practical belief is that of an Agnostic, one who believes that there could be a God, but that there is no way to know.

Then why aren't you agnostic?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:50 am

when it comes to debating this stuff, there are no winners and losers, because it cant be proved or disapproved, the result of this is being upset that someone doesn't share the same ideas as you.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:01 am

"I can haz c00kie"?
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Male Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 am

Actually, I like to think that everyone loses.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:57 pm

Ringleader wrote:when it comes to debating this stuff, there are no winners and losers, because it cant be proved or disapproved, the result of this is being upset that someone doesn't share the same ideas as you.

RESTATEMENT OF ALREADY ADDRESSED PEACE SUGGESTION FTW!
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:

But since neither side can be proved logically, it is not logically practical to subscribe to either side. Thus, the only logical and thus practical belief is that of an Agnostic, one who believes that there could be a God, but that there is no way to know.

They can be proved. But entirely logically.

All there is is evidence. Evidence that cannot be proved to be accurate itself. Thus, there will eventually be some kinda of accurate proof. Jesus shows up on the end of time. Or dieing relenting it is just blank.

Anyway, I just feel that is good to remember all the people I will get into say, " I told you so".

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:He didn't say I lost

Then allow me to clarify. Zaki, you lost worse than practically everyone else in this thread combined.

I did not lose. I tied!

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by L0d3x Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:35 am

Have fun with your bibles. Entertaining bedtime stories.

L0d3x
Minion

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 am

L0d3x wrote:Have fun with your bibles. Entertaining bedtime stories.

Have fun with your nonbelief and your purging flame in the afterlife

(fighting is fun Very Happy)

"I'd rather believe in a God to find out there isn't one, then to not believe in one and find out there is one". -Pastor Schmit
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:52 am

JB wrote:
L0d3x wrote:Have fun with your bibles. Entertaining bedtime stories.

Have fun with your nonbelief and your purging flame in the afterlife

(fighting is fun Very Happy)

"I'd rather believe in a God to find out there isn't one, then to not believe in one and find out there is one". -Pastor Schmit
Okay, good thing there is no afterlife.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Male Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 am

Now I'm not trying to convert you to christianity, but I'd rather not have you belittle my beliefs because you think they're futile. You have yours, and I have mine.

I do think without religion there would really be no base for war (which is true). Which is why I really don't support any religions, but I do believe there is a God. There is also no way as to how this can be proven (rot has stated many times already). You can sit there and tell us that this and this proves there is no God, but it also supports the possability of a God existing, which is a paradox. Meaning the argument was over before it began, there's no logical way to explain this. Belief in God is like belief in the big bang, there's things to disprove it, and this to prove it, there really is no evidence that either things existed, or happened. It all comes down to how you were raised, how your mind is set on things, and whether or not you really think that illogical things can be grammatically true.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:24 am

Sorry for double post.
JB
JB
Minion