Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existence of God

+42
T-Bone
Avenged
RX
Jamiesway
noir
Maginot Line
JB
L0d3x
Ringleader
Yam Head
Esruku
Carcarius
LH Justin
Lord Pheonix
Twizzey
tiny tim
thane321
R!zZle BiZzl£
Kasrkin Seath
BBJynne
Death no More
Untamed Reign
Angatar
KrAzY
JumpingJet
TNine
kslidz
PiEdude
dragoon9105
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
Cheese
Toaster
KristallNacht
XNate02
Felix
Nocbl2
CivBase
Zaki90
46 posters

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Existence of God - Page 28 Empty Re: Existence of God

Post by Gauz Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:50 pm

I want to post all the christianity youtube videos that make sense here...

Should I?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:17 pm

good luck finding them is all I could say, better luck finding god himself.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Bone Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Well i don't feel like reading this whole thread... but...

I am Christian. I believe there is a God, or rather, i have FAITH that there is a god. I would rather go throughout life thinking that there is more to life after death, and there is absolutely no harm that can come to me by doing so.

Or none that i know so far.
T-Bone
T-Bone
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1632
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Gauz wrote:I want to post all the christianity youtube videos that make sense here...

Should I?

I swear, if you post one video by that VenomFangX douche bag, I will come at you with a storm of logic beyond that of your worst nightmares.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Gauz wrote:I want to post all the christianity youtube videos that make sense here...

Should I?

I swear, if you post one video by that VenomFangX douche bag, I will come at you with a storm of logic beyond that of your worst nightmares.

Logic is beyond Christians how don't you understand that.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm

ReconToaster wrote:

Should I?

Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Gauz wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

Should I?

I've only watched a part of video one, but i can already tell he reasons like Zaki: With massive assumptions on what the person believes and roundabout conclusions on how to disprove this.

Just because you pray to God, doesn't mean he will respond. He may guide you, perhaps through a sermon, a TV show you happen to be watching. Often, God won't answer, especially depending on what you pray. Perhaps you want $1,000 dollars, in which case, he won't help you with personal endeavors you don't need. Perhaps your mother or close friend is dying, in which case, it's simply his time, or perhaps the fault of another.

Yes, no, and wait are the three answers we may get from a prayer, yes. But, if you think about it, what other options are there?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:39 pm

If you didn't watch the entire video, then why should I bother argue?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 pm

ReconToaster wrote:

Should I?

That guy is a retard.

How did he know the death threats were from Muslims?

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Another thing, why doesn't god answer everyones prayers? In the bible it claims multiple times god will do whatever you want, yet, if you pray to him for a end to war, or something else, it will not happen...

Is he a lying god? Not how the bible depicts him, perhaps, nonexistent?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:30 am

Gauz wrote:Another thing, why doesn't god answer everyones prayers? In the bible it claims multiple times god will do whatever you want, yet, if you pray to him for a end to war, or something else, it will not happen...

Give me the verse...

God did not write the Bible. Thus anything said in it may or may not be truth.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 am

did you notice how he spent like 30 seconds trying to prove the muslims were wrong? and he all he pointed out was that prophet Muhammad (PBUH) rode a magical horse to heaven?
all he did there was pull out one thing that people could just about criticize, and that was it.
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:24 am

R!zZle BiZzl£ wrote:did you notice how he spent like 30 seconds trying to prove the muslims were wrong? and he all he pointed out was that prophet Muhammad (PBUH) rode a magical horse to heaven?
all he did there was pull out one thing that people could just about criticize, and that was it.

Atheists hate Christians more than Muslims. I hate when they go straight Christianity.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 am

why is that?
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 am

R!zZle BiZzl£ wrote:why is that?

I think they because Christians try to convert Atheists more.

That dude is retarded. All the things he says can be used against him.

1. He kept talking about the magical stuff that happens in religion. Look at the Atheism, everything is happened by accident without any proof except bones and some other things.

Last edited by Zaki90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 am

oh.
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Gauz wrote:Another thing, why doesn't god answer everyones prayers? In the bible it claims multiple times god will do whatever you want, yet, if you pray to him for a end to war, or something else, it will not happen...

Give me the verse...

God did not write the Bible. Thus anything said in it may or may not be truth.
The verse of what?

Zaki, there are no other refrences of god that you can use other than the bible. It is the most "accurate" piece of literature that relates to god. If you say it may not be the truth than what is?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:58 pm

I find it ironic that Zaki doesn't believe God wrote the Bible, but he does believe he wrote the Quran.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Because that's what Islam relies on.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:57 pm

I don't. It's no different from you believing that the Bible is truth, and that the Quran is not. It's all based on blind faith and absolute lack of empirical evidence.

As Carl Sagan always said, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That's what it all comes down to. I'm tired of taking part in these debates, wherein somebody ALWAYS resorts to calling upon personal faith. It is a dishonest tactic, and it is completely unfair when it comes to debate. Saying that you believe in something... just because you believe it... makes no sense at all and is purely delusional.

Rot, I respect the fact that your belief in God helped you maintain hope in a rough family situation, but really, you have no reason to believe that your sudden religious rebirth had anything to do with your parents staying together. Maybe you should be thankful to your father for that; Thankful that he really might have thought things through and realized what was best for you and your family.

The whole situation reminds me of a severely injured patient being brought back to health by an extremely talented doctor, who has worked hard to master centuries of medical science... and the patient goes out and proclaims that God saved him. Give the doctor some fucking credit for his hard work!

Faith is not a reason to believe in something so abstract as Religion. It is an EXCUSE.

Last edited by ReconToaster on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:07 pm

RT wrote:[[RT's idea]]
Quoted for truth
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 pm

ReconToaster wrote:I don't. It's no different from you believing that the Bible is truth, and that the Quran is not. It's all based on blind faith and absolute lack of empirical evidence.
It's faith, not blind faith. If someone could come up to me and give me absolute proof that God doesn't exist, then I would quit believing in God. I HAVE thought things through, and I believe that many of the things that have happened in my life could be left to chance, but there's still a lot of coincidences.

You believe. You don't believe. That is your freedom.

In any case, the irony stems from the fact that the Quran is supposed to be a continuation of the Bible, when the Bible precludes it's existence.

ReconToaster wrote:Faith is not a reason to believe in something so abstract as Religion. It is an EXCUSE.
Stuff like this is why I don't like to debate the existence of God or why we should believe. Both sides are using criteria that is incompatible with the system the other side is using.

Want to debate how much good the Catholic Church is doing for Africa, or whether the Church was really so oppressive of science, go ahead. But I'm really trying to abstain from this argument (Not debate. Argument) and I believe that solution is the only way out of this Mexican standoff.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:41 pm

It is blind faith if you cannot prove god, because then everything you believe god has done cannot be proven, making you delusional.

The thread is titled "Existence of God" and we all know the end of this, you cant prove it. While you cannot prove god, you can prove reality, you can prove science. It is either you believe in what is true and real (Science) or you believe in a fictional being that cannot be proved or does absolutley nothing to prove itself, contradicting what "his" holy text says he would do (God). It seems simple, but it boils down to poeple going into denial saying "of course there is a god, lets not listen to reason" That is the case or people are just going with the flow in life, believe in it, half of america does, so it cant be bad?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Ironically, the very foundation of science was in the Bible. We can't prove theism, but you certainly can't prove humanism any more so. You like to use a bait and switch tactic in which you talk about science when referring to repeatable, observable data, and then switch it with humanism. Evolution isn't science, as it is neither repeatable nor observable.

Furthermore, science makes no sense without the Bible. If the entire universe is all the result of random chance, then why should we expect the universe to abide by laws? If everything is a result of chaos, then why is the universe lawful? The original scientists, almost all Christians of one form or another, decided that since a lawful God created the universe, then things must be likewise lawful, and so the scientific method was established.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:31 pm

I fail to see when "Science" became the opposite of "Religion". It's used oh so many times in the argument for the Atheists, yet Science is fairly neutral in the Religion argument. Even with Genesis, Science only proves that it took longer than 7 days (then again, what is "seven days" to God?) and that it happened with an evolution (which is randomness, and i believe most random events come down to God). They don't know how life was created, they don't know what came before or caused the Big Bang, they don't know how the Laws of Physics came to be. These things would disprove God.

You cannot disprove God anymore than i can prove God. Want a little proof? Billions of people across the world still believe him, and the story of Jesus was hailed across the country, with thousands of eyewitnesses to his miracles.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum: