Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existence of God

+42
T-Bone
Avenged
RX
Jamiesway
noir
Maginot Line
JB
L0d3x
Ringleader
Yam Head
Esruku
Carcarius
LH Justin
Lord Pheonix
Twizzey
tiny tim
thane321
R!zZle BiZzl£
Kasrkin Seath
BBJynne
Death no More
Untamed Reign
Angatar
KrAzY
JumpingJet
TNine
kslidz
PiEdude
dragoon9105
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
Cheese
Toaster
KristallNacht
XNate02
Felix
Nocbl2
CivBase
Zaki90
46 posters

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Existence of God - Page 6 Empty Re: Existence of God

Post by Cheese Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:07 pm

x Gauz x wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:
Cheese wrote:Look back 1000 years ago - life basically sucked for everybody by today's standards. We live infinitely more comfortably than the richest king could ever have. What better concept to get people to behave? The law of man is governed by finite resources - if you do something bad under the eyes of God, you're pretty much fucked.

Funny though, how the mass introduction of modern religion in Europe coordinated perfectly with the fall of Rome, and the destruction of civilized society.

The Romans had running water bathrooms, something that wouldn't exist elsewhere in Europe for hundreds of years.

All the Romans had to hope for was spending an eternity in the underworld.

I agree that Religion was helpful, and somewhat necessary during the middle ages, but overall, I think it's destructive.
Not to mention most of the religions speak of an end to the world, something which I do not want to happen.

End of the world is inevitable - what with the dying sun and all. But I have to admit it would be cooler for some massive battle to occur than just getting puffed out by the sun or something.

The viking or aztec end of the world look bitching.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I realize the end of the world scientifically will come, by natural means, but, a battle between the forces of heaven and hell? Since when is religion WoW?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Religion has always been owned by Blizzard. How did you think WoW got so popular in the first place? Razz

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:59 pm

CivBase wrote:
God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice – to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. (Genesis 2:16-17) If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God created Adam and Eve to be “free” beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and Eve to truly be “free” – they had to have a choice.
Am i the only one who caught this?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Untamed Reign Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:02 pm

What's there to catch. . . ?

Untamed Reign
Minion

Male Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Untamed Reign wrote:What's there to catch. . . ?
That quote isn't from the bible, they didn't have a lot of those words or terms, or even thoughts. It has "robot" in it, for Christ's (lol irony) Sake!
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:07 pm

TNine wrote:
That quote isn't from the bible, they didn't have a lot of those words or terms, or even thoughts. It has "robot" in it, for Christ's (lol irony) Sake!

He wasn't quoting the bible when he said robot. You cite the book/verse AFTER the quote.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:15 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
TNine wrote:

He wasn't quoting the bible when he said robot. You cite the book/verse AFTER the quote.
OH!
That explains it.
But then why is it in a quote block?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:21 am

There has to be a god, it wouldn't make sense without one. The big bang theory doesn't explain all the way on how we were made, for all of you that say it is true, explain how matter and anti matter first came to be in this universe?I am a devout catholic but I use logic also, the big bang theory just doesn't cut it but I guess god doesn't either. I would rather believe that a god is real, i mean science doesn't explain how emotion came to be in animals, in us. At the best it only explains on how it works and we can barley fathom that. I guess we cant find out till we die, but so many things have happened showing god is true, yet so many things disprove god. Maybe god isnt just one ethereal being but something that is in us all, a deep power residing within ever animate object and when we die, we manifest ourselves in area where we are most powerful and live for eternity there(like heaven or maybe a ghost in a house they cant just let go of) when the world ends, when life ends we begin again as one ethereal being and create life again with our power then reside with in our host(like ficus tree lol) and then it happens all over again. I hope im wrong because I want to walk up onto the gates of heaven Smile
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 am

It's in a quote block because I was lazy and tired so I just took someone elses answer to the question.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 am

If I could pick an afterlife, I'd pick reincarnation since that seems the most fair. It's got all the rewards but without the penalties for not believing in a particular name - plus, if you do screw up, you get to work your way back up again!

There is such a thing as redemption!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:55 am

CivBase wrote:It's in a quote block because I was lazy and tired so I just took someone elses answer to the question.
Would have been helpful.

But i believe God simply had to give us free will, or else we could never love him, since we could not love.

Also, God couldn't interfere with free will, nor can he with sin. Which is why the world sucks, how many non-man made problems are there today?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:22 am

Death no more wrote:There has to be a god, it wouldn't make sense without one. The big bang theory doesn't explain all the way on how we were made, for all of you that say it is true, explain how matter and anti matter first came to be in this universe?

If you're going to say that anti-matter, or something along those lines, can't have always existed, you can't just turn around and say "God" could have always existed. I really don't see why so many see that as a valid argument... and a lot of fucking people do.

You're right. Science, as of yet, cannot explain deep human emotion. Just ask Dud... he'll tell you way more than you will ever have wanted to know. We, as a race, know very little about a lot of things. Lack of external explanation does not justify blind assumption.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:48 am

I thought emotion was a way of getting us to survive. Love being so we'll breed, fear so we run, anger being so we'll fight etc. All chems in the brain.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:28 am

there has/had to be an energy outside of time that is in every part of time because energy intertwines with time and it creates all matter that energy was always there
now why would energy create time
it wouldnt
god is that energy and he has logical thought
that energy must have logical thought to be
its kinda like "i think therefore i am" but backwards

i dont care if you dismiss that statement im too lazy to get riled up
but you cannot disprove it so i know you will just dismiss it even though it makes sense

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:14 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Death no more wrote:There has to be a god, it wouldn't make sense without one. The big bang theory doesn't explain all the way on how we were made, for all of you that say it is true, explain how matter and anti matter first came to be in this universe?

If you're going to say that anti-matter, or something along those lines, can't have always existed, you can't just turn around and say "God" could have always existed. I really don't see why so many see that as a valid argument... and a lot of fucking people do.

You're right. Science, as of yet, cannot explain deep human emotion. Just ask Dud... he'll tell you way more than you will ever have wanted to know. We, as a race, know very little about a lot of things. Lack of external explanation does not justify blind assumption.
God created time, and God existed before time. Before time, there was no order of events, and nothing happened. If something created God, what created that? For that matter, what created the singularity that started the universe? If something was there when time first started, he was there from the beginning. If he created time, he was there before the beginning, and therefore always there.

It's confusing, but it makes sense.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:20 am

TNine wrote:
CivBase wrote:It's in a quote block because I was lazy and tired so I just took someone elses answer to the question.
Would have been helpful.

But i believe God simply had to give us free will, or else we could never love him, since we could not love.

Also, God couldn't interfere with free will, nor can he with sin. Which is why the world sucks, how many non-man made problems are there today?
Global Warming? Razz
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:31 am

CivBase wrote:
TNine wrote:
Would have been helpful.

Global Warming? Razz
*looks out at 12.5 mpg Tahoe*
No.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:53 am

/me doesn't get why the universe has to have a beginning in the first place (see what I did there)

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 am

Because science dictates such must have occurred.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:02 pm

But whyyyyyy??????

Everyone seems to agree that the big bang/big crunch occur over and over again. Everyone knows (by which I mean, I think/hope is true Razz) that energy (or maybe it's matter...) cannot be created or destroyed. Why can't it always have been there?

As you can see, my logic is flawwless Shocked

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:07 pm

This thread must DIE!!!!!!!!!!
*Shoots self in head*

Edit: Now I'm in Heaven! WEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:15 pm

I really don't care anymore...

I'm willing to bet if you went to hell, you would get used to it eventually...

I mean, you'll be there for all enterity, why not make the most of your time there?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Tnine wrote:God created time, and God existed before time. Before time, there was no order of events, and nothing happened. If something created God, what created that? For that matter, what created the singularity that started the universe? If something was there when time first started, he was there from the beginning. If he created time, he was there before the beginning, and therefore always there.

Ok....

I'm not dismissing that "God" could have always been, I'm just saying that you can't say "Antimatter can't have always been" and then turn around and say god has always been around.

It's an argument that I've heard far too many times, and it gets old.

"The two particles that started the big bang can't have always been... so god must have always been!"

It doesn't make any sense.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:43 pm

TNine wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

God created time, and God existed before time. Before time, there was no order of events, and nothing happened. If something created God, what created that? For that matter, what created the singularity that started the universe? If something was there when time first started, he was there from the beginning. If he created time, he was there before the beginning, and therefore always there.

It's confusing, but it makes sense.
What could have of created god? Energy, everything is energy, why not god?

Energy created everything...

God is eternal, could not be created or destroyed.
Energy is eternal, could not be created or destroyed.

They go hand in hand.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next