Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave Pottingner about campaign covenant colors

+12
Rotaretilbo
Rasq'uire'laskar
CivBase
dragoon9105
Vtrooper
Archangel
Felix
Angatar
Vigil
Cheese
Ascendant Justice
L0d3x
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dave Pottingner about campaign covenant colors - Page 3 Empty Re: Dave Pottingner about campaign covenant colors

Post by CivBase Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Lol. Ever since I read Oh No, Not Again I have loved it. I just read it for a second time and I can surely say that that is my favorite Fan Fiction.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Dave Pottingner about campaign covenant colors - Page 3 Empty Re: Dave Pottingner about campaign covenant colors

Post by Gauz Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Well this isn't horribly off-topic.

Ask him stuff about canon, that is the only thing we need answered.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:53 pm

No, I'm going to ask Graeme about Canon. If Graeme doesn't reply, we ask Pottinger.

Ask Pottinger why they decided to market this exclusively towards low-skill players, instead of instituting a learning curve. This applies to unit recognition and colors.

Ask him about the community management. Paragon claimed that they decided not to release info directly to the community because of the Cyclops scare, but it was GamePro that spread the rumor of the "Giant Bipedal Mech" and Paragon/Lethe who failed to clarify what it was.

Ask him if he plays StarCraft.

Ask him if Greame really gets super-strength from not cutting his hair, like the biblical Samson.

CivBase wrote:Lol. Ever since I read Oh No, Not Again I have loved it. I just read it for a second time and I can surely say that that is my favorite Fan Fiction.
Sometimes, I'm positive that I could have gotten Recon for it, but I don't have an Xbox.

But feel free to check out "Superiority" and "Isn't this where/We came in?" They're both humorous oneshots, set in the StarCraft Universe. And if you missed it, check out "The Night Before Christmas."
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:14 pm

I just read 'Oh No, Not Again' and that was so funny. I think you would get Recon, if you had an Xbox.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 pm

I know nothing about the starcraft universe, so they wouldn't make sense.

Super strength? Samson? Does that make Angatar Delilah?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Actually, they're pretty generic, and don't really require any special knowledge of the StarCraft universe. "Isn't This Where/We Came In?" will fit just about any RTS game with a save feature.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Rasq wrote:All by me. If you are only going to read one, read "Oh No, Not Again".

Read it... was amazed. After finishing, I went back through it, saying the dialog to myself. Really awesome. I picture it being said in a ronnie cox, robo cop voice.

I wasn't commenting on your skills though ; )
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:05 pm

I went through it myself.

I'm going to renovate it sometime. Clean up the dialogue and the descriptions so it's not so... campy.

That's the problem with writing. After a few months, you're either surprised at how good you wrote it, or you want to go back and redo it.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm

eh, I was never good a writing, couldn't get into it.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Writing is always a work in progress.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Rasq wrote:I'm going to renovate it sometime. Clean up the dialogue and the descriptions so it's not so... campy.

But, the campy, funny style is what makes it great!

Felix wrote:eh, I was never good a writing, couldn't get into it.

I'm really good at formal stuff, like essays, and decent at story telling. I mainly just need to work on description, which is something I often avoid.

I'm working on a very long term story... which I'm mainly still thinking through the concepts of... it will take a while.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:18 pm

The thing is, I always have to story planned out, and it seems good in my head, but doesn't seem to come out on paper...

I also need to work on my descriptions, as I don't do enough as well.

essays and stuff like that I can do, as they don't require that much description
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Felix wrote:The thing is, I always have to story planned out, and it seems good in my head, but doesn't seem to come out on paper...

I also need to work on my descriptions, as I don't do enough as well.

essays and stuff like that I can do, as they don't require that much description
You're the exact opposite of me. I can say things in great detail (Which is why I should do the Corvax mission), and during essays I feel I need to explain the whole story and if I don't you, in my head, miss the point.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:45 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Rasq wrote:I'm going to renovate it sometime. Clean up the dialogue and the descriptions so it's not so... campy.

But, the campy, funny style is what makes it great!
Well, there's a difference between funny and campy. Campy is like the script to the Halo Wars Cutscenes: (Not the god-awful voice acting or choreography, but the actual script) It works, but it could be much better.

It will still retain that element of humor, however.

Also, now that I've watched "The Dark Knight," I've realized that the only person in the world who is capable of playing the Reincarnating Grunt in the upcoming Halo Movie is dead... of a drug overdose.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Also, now that I've watched "The Dark Knight," I've realized that the only person in the world who is capable of playing the Reincarnating Grunt in the upcoming Halo Movie is dead... of a drug overdose.
Mhm.. Oh god as I want Heath Ledger back so he can be in another movie as the Joker... He was just a pure genius.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3