Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EMPIRE TOTAL WAR DEMO

+8
RX
Cheese
BBJynne
CivBase
Gold Spartan
Dud Doodoo
PiEdude
Toaster
12 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

EMPIRE TOTAL WAR DEMO - Page 4 Empty Re: EMPIRE TOTAL WAR DEMO

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:42 pm

CivBase wrote:WTF?

I didn't say the game was bad at all. I didn't say that those games were better than Total War, in fact, I said the games were bad without the conquest games. I'm not comparing it to them at all. In fact, I said that I might love the game if there is something more to it like a conquest deal.

You really don't know ANYTHING about the game, and this just shows you have hardly even read our descriptions. The campaign map is turn based world domination, where you build up your cities, economy, and armies. Every time you enter a battle though, it turns into very intense tactical battles with very good graphics. Everything you do on the battlefield reflects on the campaign map, even the direction you retreat in.
No, I didn't read what you guys said because, frankly, I didn't care being as at the time my computer wouldn't even run the demo, much less the full game.

Now, stop trying to insult me in every one of you responses when I've said nothing wrong. People are allowed to have opinions.

Angatar wrote:Civ doesn't know about the campaign map? >.>
No I don't, as I've only played the tutorials. I haven't had time to play anything else.
You say that you haven't done anything wrong and you are just stating an opinion when a couple seconds later you say that you only played through the tutorial and didn't even know what the campaign map was before judging the game and stating that it wasn't for him, and then go on to defend himself saying that he is entitled to his own opinions. Sure, you are entitled to your own opinions but labeling a game as not-epic after playing through a laggy tutorial and knowing nothing about it doesn't speak well for your character.

This is where you say that it is only a game and I'm making a big deal over your opinion. Keep in mind that the way you judge games reflects the way you do and judge many other things in many other aspects of your life.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:You say that you haven't done anything wrong and you are just stating an opinion when a couple seconds later you say that you only played through the tutorial and didn't even know what the campaign map was before judging the game
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that there was a specific set of guide lines that a person must reach before they can have an opinion. You are free to disagree with me and show me why it's a great game, but instead you insist on insulting me and saying that I am a poor judge of games.

Dud Doodoo wrote:and stating that it wasn't for him, and then go on to defend himself saying that he is entitled to his own opinions. Sure, you are entitled to your own opinions but labeling a game as not-epic after playing through a laggy tutorial and knowing nothing about it doesn't speak well for your character.
Neither does insulting the person who has the opinion. After playing a tutorial, you typically know a decent amount about the gameplay.

From what I played (involving a majority of the actual battle gameplay) I didn't think the gameplay was great. I like strategy games for their battles more than I do for their economies. What fun is building up an economy if you can't fight? Well, the fighting I experienced was rather stupid and I ended up spending most of the time trying to get my guys to actually shoot. Also, without having an opportunity to work with the economy, I can only assume it is much like the battles.

I said my opinion hasn't changed, not that it wont change. If you want to convince me that this game is the best thing since sliced bread, go ahead, but insulting my judgment isn't going to help that very much.

Dud Doodoo wrote:This is where you say that it is only a game and I'm making a big deal over your opinion. Keep in mind that the way you judge games reflects the way you do and judge many other things in many other aspects of your life.
Well, then you can get mad at me when I make a bad judgment and wind up nuking Canada, but right now it's just a game so live with it.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:48 pm

You judged a Total War game when you played a tutorial, and had no idea about the other things in it?

Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:25 pm

I can't even get the tutorial to load.

My dad said he know some guy at work who can get a RAM pretty cheap, so he said he'd talk to him.

Until then, I have only Second Manassas.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Civ, actually PLAY a total war game the whole way through before you say it's an okay game. Get 20 bucks and go buy RTW. Until you do that, your opinions are shit and leave them to yourself.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Civ, actually PLAY a total war game the whole way through before you say it's an okay game. Get 20 bucks and go buy RTW. Until you do that, your opinions are shit and leave them to yourself.
^

You know nothing. Play the actual game, not a tutorial.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:08 pm

The tutorials are shit. I learned nothing from them.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Civ, actually PLAY a total war game the whole way through before you say it's an okay game. Get 20 bucks and go buy RTW. Until you do that, your opinions are shit and leave them to yourself.
I have $20... but I don't think I really want to buy TW. Care to explain what the game is about?

I played three battles and... well... I suck.

EMPIRE TOTAL WAR DEMO - Page 4 TW

That is my best game.

Anywho, the battles were even less than I thought they would be, so I don't know why you were so crazy on me playing the rest of the demo, dud. The gameplay really didn't change, just sending people to fight; no economy, no nothing. And, I don't really like squads (or in this case, platoons) in strategy games. I don't know why... I just don't.

I am interested in what this "campaign map" is. Anything like Risk? I thought I saw Risk being mentioned in one of your posts.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Civ, all the tw games Since RTW have campaigns that are risk times 1000000000000000000000000000000000000.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Cool.... any more detail than that?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Civ, maybe you don't like the game because you suck at it.

I mean, you really, really suck at it!

I mean, come on!
You lost almost 90% of your troops!
And the enemy didn't even kill them all!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Yes, I do really really suck at it. But that's not why I hate am not fond of the game (hate's far to strong a word for this situation). It has no economy, and the battles are very uneventful, not to mention the troops are slow as crap while in normal speed, and my computer lags so much when I shift to higher speeds that it is the same rate as before, but more choppy.

After enough plays, I'd get better at it, just like every strategy game. If the battles were all that the game had, it would be a fail in my opinion. But if there's a Risk-type game in it.... not all hope has been lost.

You know the funny thing? On my first battle I lost all of my troops and didn't rout a single enemy platoon... but it still called it a close defeat.

Last edited by CivBase on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Civ, once again, youve only played the demo. Dont critisize a game until you've played the whole game. the campaign has you pick a faction and try to build a empire. You have to build your own armies while strengthening your cities and growing your economy. IT's also really easy to go into debt if your not careful. It also has diplomatic actions to wehre you can make alliances, create trade routes,etc. PLUS the ability to spy and assasainate major enemy(or ally)Leaders.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Civ, once again, youve only played the demo. Dont critisize a game until you've played the whole game. the campaign has you pick a faction and try to build a empire. You have to build your own armies while strengthening your cities and growing your economy. IT's also really easy to go into debt if your not careful. It also has diplomatic actions to wehre you can make alliances, create trade routes,etc. PLUS the ability to spy and assasainate major enemy(or ally)Leaders.
CivBase wrote:If the battles were all that the game had, it would be a fail in my opinion. But if there's a Risk-type game in it.... not all hope has been lost.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Brilliant guys! lets all just keep screaming at Civ and telling him how much he sucks. That'll make him like the game eventually!

Here Civ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMCXs02ethQ

I can understand if it doesn't look so appetizing to you. While you might care less for economy in RTS games, to me, it is the most important part. I prefer a game of economy and the occasional battle WAY over the constant fighting games.

While I'm good with economics and strategy, I'm not so good at tactics.

So, I can understand if you don't like the idea. I have the same feelings about World in Conflict. It seems to be a great tacticle RTS, but it has virtually no economy, and thus no appeal to me.

I like RTS games because they allow me to grow nations through economic management and eventually boast my strength by producing and sending in massive armies.

That is EXACTLY what Total war games are... and I fucking love them!
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm not screaming.(Or am I?). I'm just saying he should play the game first. And yes, the best part of the game is the campaign. Damm, I couldnt find a decent vid to show.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:08 am

Gold Spartan5 wrote:I'm not screaming.(Or am I?). I'm just saying he should play the game first..
Well, I've played everythign the demo had to offer. It's not like I was going to go out at buy one of the other games just so I could say anything about this one.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 am

ReconToaster wrote:

While I'm good with economics and strategy, I'm not so good at tactics.

I always got the impression you'd be awesome at battlefield tactics Razz

FLANK THEM WITH CAVALRY!!! Although in Medieval 2 all you had to do was pound them with missiles until you could route them with a well organized charge... stupid AI

Here's the thing though... do I buy on Steam and have to download it over three damn days? Or do I go to one of the few dwindling game shops in my area and have almost instant playability, but not get Rome, which will more likely work on my laptop too... Also risking the 'Out of Stock' Ohhh the choices

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:34 am

With your KB/s rate... I'd buy it at retail. Smile

It's hard to imagine the difficulty of getting a new game for us United States people. There's a Gamestop in every shopping center... which is on every street.

If we can't find a gamestop, we can look at Bestbuy or Walmart...

CAPITALISM FTW!
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:40 pm

It is very rare that you hear something like that from toaster of all people. Razz

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Cheese wrote:

Here's the thing though... do I buy on Steam and have to download it over three damn days? Or do I go to one of the few dwindling game shops in my area and have almost instant playability, but not get Rome, which will more likely work on my laptop too... Also risking the 'Out of Stock' Ohhh the choices
if it's anything like the demo download i'm getting it in store-.-

i started downloading it yesterday...

it's two percent loaded *sigh*
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:03 pm

ReconToaster wrote:With your KB/s rate... I'd buy it at retail. Smile

It's hard to imagine the difficulty of getting a new game for us United States people. There's a Gamestop in every shopping center... which is on every street.

If we can't find a gamestop, we can look at Bestbuy or Walmart...

CAPITALISM FTW!

Hooray for future Wal-Mart Facism!

I mean, capitalism.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Asda! I ain't gonna be your bitch!!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:13 pm

You're British, you're already the Queen's bitch.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Lol, failure to recognize reference. And the Queen does NOTHING. If anything, the Queen is the tabloids' bitch. Or at least her family is.

If anything, I'm Microsoft's bitch. I would be soooo screwed without them. In conclusion, I am Argos' bitch because they're the only folk who sell games where I live Razz

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next