Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombies

+10
Rasq'uire'laskar
BBJynne
rzgrz
Don Corleone
Lord Pheonix
playert
MrX
PiEdude
team dfc
Onyxknight
14 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Zombies - Page 4 Empty Re: Zombies

Post by team dfc Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:23 pm

you think thats bad?
I am in the DC area that is shit on the highway!
my house is in a small neighborhood off the highway so things will end up bad at the begining with the panic
team dfc
team dfc
Minion

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:24 pm

I live in suburbs a few hours away from city so I am alright. Problem is when I eventually leave, but thats a problem for another time

DFC you may be alright depending on where you are, a lot of DC is filled with people that carry there own handguns lol
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:37 pm

yes that is a bonus but have you heard of the trafic there? it is impossible to get anywhere driving. and that is on a normal day think of an emergency. it would be panic and alot of traffic
team dfc
team dfc
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Thats why bugging in and waiting a few days is your best bet.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Next lesson class: Taking in new members to your group.

This should be obvious but.........look for bite or scratch marks.

If they have a wound, you don't neccesarily have to kill them. Just turn them away from the group.

Now if they have a mark that doesn't neccessarily look like a bite or scratch, keep them under observation. Lock them up in a room or something and watch them. If they show signs of turning then get rid of them(again don't have to kill them, just drive them out somewhere and leave them or whatever you need to do)
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:59 pm

And then when you come out after a couple of days the roads and highways will be filled with junk and broken down cars, several with zombies in them.(got bit then tried to drive away)

Cars will get flat tires, break down, get stuck, and make alot of noise in these conditions. You will end up attracting every zombie within a 5 mile radius to your location, and what will happen when your car is finally rendered useless and you have to ditch it?

A bike in this situation is much more preferable as you never run out of gas, it never breaks down to a point where you can't easliy fix it, and it is just as manuverable as a person walking. On top of that, it's the only vehichle you can actually pick up and carry.

For my zombie plan, I intend to my best friend and my girlfriend(presuming I have one at the time this event occurs) and get to my boat(me and my friend sail) as fast as possible, packing some beef jerky, a fishing pole, a ton of water, and my handy dandy condoms. From there we will make our way up to somewhere in the panhandle, and grab a flight to pittsburg, I have famly there.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Cars will get flat tires, break down, get stuck, and make alot of noise in these conditions. You will end up attracting every zombie within a 5 mile radius to your location, and what will happen when your car is finally rendered useless and you have to ditch it?

Not every car in the entire town/city of charlotte will be broken down and rendered inoperable after only a FEW days of inactivity.

And if the car does run out of gas, theres Siphoning. And if for some reason the car breaks down, move on to the next one. Not like I will be in the middle of the desert when it happens.

Dud Doodoo wrote:
A bike in this situation is much more preferable as you never run out of gas, it never breaks down to a point where you can't easliy fix it, and it is just as manuverable as a person walking. On top of that, it's the only vehichle you can actually pick up and carry.
Bike could be put into the plan, only problem is getting tired in the middle of a pack of Z's. But adreniline would probably kick in by then lol.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Next is the multiple kinds of zombies.

There are runners, shamblers, smart zombies, vodoo zombies, viral zombies, just many kinds.

Runners----Zombies that are able to run and sprint after their prey(seen in Dawn of the Dead04 version)

Shamblers---Zombies that are slow and walk/limp after their prey depending on the severity of their injuries

Smart Zombies---Zombies by nature are not smart like humans, they do not have the ability to reason. Some though do keep some of their human intellegence. By no means are these zombies human, they are just a bit smarter than idiots. They can use basic melee weapons(such as anything blunt really) could use guns(not accuretly but still something to watch out for)

Vodoo Zombies---How the zombie was first introduced to the world. The Vodoo mistresses/witches would make special powders/spells that would make men into zombies. These are not the zombies we know them as but just souless bodies of men that have been put into the field to work on crops. Can still be told to attack by the controller of the zombies, but these "zombies" do not usually carry any infectious virus in them that makes being bit by them turn you into a zombie(but better to be safe then sorry). Killing the controller usually causes the zombies to die/ become useless.

Viral Zombies---Zombies created by a virus. These zombies are highly contagious and highly aggressive. Come in two kinds, Shamblers and Runners. Contact with them is HIGHLY unadvised. Bullet to the head will end infection

Rabies Zombies---The kind shown in 28 days/weeks later. Not truly "zombies" but share similar traits with them. Are still human but have become highly aggressive and can be turned from bite/scratch in less than 30 seconds. Important to note that since they are still human their bodies are a weakness to them. Shots to the head are not neccessary to kill them(but are still the most effective way) any where humans will be killed will work on them. Also since they have lost most human qualities and care nothing about keeping their body in shape they will eventually starve/dehydrate until the point of death after roughly a month.

If there are any I missed tell me and I will add them.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:46 pm

zombies created by the light of the full moon
they don't go out in the daylight. must use silver and enchanted crap like that to deal with them

also, viral zombies should be as easy to kill as people seeing as that's what they used to be. But the lack of pain lets them be a little more durable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Pheonix wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:

Not every car in the entire town/city of charlotte will be broken down and rendered inoperable after only a FEW days of inactivity.

And if the car does run out of gas, their Siphoning. And if for some reason the car breaks down, move on to the next one. Not like I will be in the middle of the desert when it happens.
In mass panick there will be accidents, blocking up the road. The number of people triying to get out getting caught up in the traffic, and when you're scared like that many will abandon their cars and go on foot. The road will become litered with broken parts and trash, and PLENTY of ditched cars. Your car will not be able to even go a hundred yards without being stopped by another road block. Sure, when your car hs run it's course(and trust me, even in a short trip conditions like that will enevitably kill it) you can just hop into a nearby car, many of which have zombies in them. (got bit, drove away, reanimated)

You will end up driving around a walking speed trying to avoid obsticles, getting stuck, stopping for gas(which you will be doing alot with that milage) and swapping cars, you would go alot faster on a bike, and would not announce your presence to every zombie in the area.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:53 pm

True but not all areas will be completley clogged up with cars, though many will.

And do you think I would open a car and hop in without so much as looking in it? You clearly underestimate me.

I may go with motorcycle, easier to manuever(so clogged streets won't be as much of a problem), can carry much more than bicycle, and much less gas consumption than you average car, and quieter if you can fix the muffler.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:56 pm

If you can find a suddenly abandoned military base I'll bet you can find some Humvees to drive around off-road where there aren't many cars

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Possibly, depends on what happened at the base.

If they were given orders to evacuate I wouldn't count on it.

Most military bases though will be swarmed by panicking people looking for safety and some of them will undoubtedly be infected. Their is no way they will be able to filter them, especially if there is a zombie in the middle of the crowd and everyone panicks and starts rushing for the gate.

Chances are by the time you get there, you won't get the chance to even get to the cars.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:07 pm

I suppose, I've always liked the idea of going to a base and working with the soldiers there (I have a few useful skills) but then most people will be thinking the same thing which is why that idea kinda sucks.

Unless it's like in I Am Legend where most people die right away to the stuff is relatively untouched

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:09 pm

That is another possibility.

One problem with my plan is the waiting. The first night is going to be horrible, hearing and listening to the screaming, gunshots, explosions and not doing anything.................

Not looking forward to that.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 pm

he I have a front row seat to the chaos. my house is right off the highway.
on the first day my house would be a battle ground since we have multible cars at my house. we would have a tough time before the zombies come close to us because of the other humans
team dfc
team dfc
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:46 am

Im sorry Rasq, I think I accidently deleted you post when I was messing around with mine....
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:46 am

Pheonix wrote:Not looking forward to that.

you sound like it will happen
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080

Back to top Go down

Post by rzgrz Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 am

hey what about lifted trucks and garbage trucks? what do you think how useful those would be?
rzgrz
rzgrz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Don't worry, Pheonix. Stuff happens.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:23 pm

twas a pretty good post though.

The "zombies" from "I am legend" I wasn't going to mention but I might as well, these "zombies" are more related to vampire but infact do share similar qualities with zombies.

They are related to zombies through their highly contagious/infectious nature. They are also for the most part dumb like zombies with a few exceptions of "hive leaders". These "zombies" eventually DID take over the world according to the book and began to rebuild civilization as a new breed of humans, so they are still technically human only mutated due to cancer cell that were mutated and become airborne.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by rzgrz Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:34 pm

still not answering my question??
rzgrz
rzgrz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Corleone Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:39 pm

I loved the book it was kick ass.

Don Corleone
Minion

Male Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:42 pm

O sorry R, Those would be good but they are not very fast nor good on the gas. I imagine they have huge tanks.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by rzgrz Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:46 pm

well yea but lifted trucks could run right over cars on the freeway right?
rzgrz
rzgrz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next