Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COD:Modern Warfare 2

+41
R!zZle BiZzl£
Ringleader
Elabajaba
Barbbachello
dragoon9105
Ruski
Ziggy
Rotaretilbo
JumpingJet
laxspartan007
Divine Virus
MrX
Kasrkin Seath
CivBase
Avenged
Ascendant Justice
Dud Doodoo
BBJynne
Lord Pheonix
TNine
A_Bearded_Swede
Zaki90
Death no More
KrAzY
KristallNacht
Rasq'uire'laskar
kslidz
Ukurse
Toaster
Nocbl2
Felix
Gauz
XNate02
Vtrooper
Onyxknight
Angatar
RX
Cheese
PiEdude
Gold Spartan
Vigil
45 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

COD:Modern Warfare 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: COD:Modern Warfare 2

Post by Toaster Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:20 pm

KrAzY wrote:

I don't know what your talking about... most new game I have bought for my PC have ALL cost $60

Halo PC... Halo 2 Vista... Battlefield 2... ext

$60 is what most brand new games are set at

No, almost all PC games are released at $50 or lower. There was a time when this was not completely true, but today, it's pretty established.

I bought the following games, almost exactly when they came out, for $50 or slightly lower:

Dead Space

Empire: Total War

Grand Theft Auto IV

Orange Box ($40)

Left 4 Dead

Mirror's Edge

On top of that, some other games that cost 50 dollars that I ended up buying for much less include, Mass Effect, and Farcry 2.

All of the other games I have came out at prices lower that $50.

Halo 2 Vista might have cost $60, and if it did, you were getting ripped off for the first "DIRECT X 10" game. Either way, you're citing one of the biggest blunders in Microsoft PC gaming history.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Console and PC are two different platforms. Almost everything changes price, whether it makes sense or not. If it's cheaper for the PC, and you guys constantly argue that the PC is so much better, I fail to see what's wrong.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:38 pm

CivBase wrote:Console and PC are two different platforms. Almost everything changes price, whether it makes sense or not. If it's cheaper for the PC, and you guys constantly argue that the PC is so much better, I fail to see what's wrong.

It's not about quality of experience. It's about costs endured by the developers. The main reason for the $60 price point of console games is the fact that publishers must pay a percentage of money obtained from game sales to the license holder of the console that the game belongs to.

In other words, Activision has to pay Microsoft a cut of the money from every copy of Modern Warfare 2 that they sell.

This is why companies like Microsoft and Sony are able to sustain such massive losses when it comes to the prices of hardware. Microsoft and Sony haven't made a cent off of hardware. They make their money from the licensing of games on their platforms.

When it comes to PC games, there is no licensing fee. Activision doesn't have to pay Microsoft to put their game on Windows. It's an open platform where hardware manufacturers don't lose money on the sale of hardware, or make money from the sale of games.

It's a completely different sales infrastructure. That said, digital distribution outlets like Steam do take a small percentage of sales money, but on the other hand, when a company sells their games through Steam or Direct2Drive, they don't have to account for packaging, disc production, retail space, or shipping.

PC games also, in all honesty, tend to be released AFTER the console versions (many times for no reason other than to "lessen the affect of piracy"), and they tend to have compatibility issues when they are launched. The PC gaming experience, while more open-ended, is also less polished and friendly. Those two factors, in my mind, cancel each other out.

and uh... it's not cheaper on the PC. That's the point. All versions of Modern Warfare 2 (regular edition) cost $60.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Well, does $10 mean that much to you? I don't see that big of a deal if they used consistent prices instead of consistent mark-ups. Remember, PC games get all the maps and stuff for free. Consider the extra $10 as them making up for future losses.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:54 pm

ReconToaster wrote:Microsoft and Sony haven't made a cent off of hardware.

actually the 360 became profitable for microsoft early this year
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 am

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 am

LET'S BE LIKE GEARS OF WAR COS WE ARE TEH COOLEST!!!!!

Seriously, Activison, enough with the gimmicks.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 am

It actually looks nothing like GOW 3rd person. The avatar is down the middle rather then to the left or right side. It's only for certain playlists.

But I can see what you mean though.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 am

So instead of looking at my character from over his right shoulder, I'LL GET TO STARE AT HIS ASS INSTEAD, thus blocking my aim as I can't see what's in front of me. INNOVATION!

It's getting annoying. Special Ops was good enough.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 am

Wait, why do you care Vigil? I thought you hated MW and weren't getting this...
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:08 am

It's cumulative.

I'm not getting it because those fuckers are making me pay £5-£10 more for it.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:13 am

I'm digging all these modes and customs they're giving us. The 3rd person actually does not block anything and if you don't like it then you dont ever have to touch the playlist for them.

Sucks though that they raise the price on you guys. In the words of Sonic, that's nooo good.

[cb!]

Last edited by RockaHolicGameR on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:15 am

I think it's COD4 with add ons.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:17 am

Which is perfectly fine. Expected it to be somewhat like that.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:18 am

And that is one of the reasons why I won't get it.

I hate COD 4 online.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 am

I'd like to interject for a moment, and point out to KrAzY that Battlefield 2 released for $50. I believe the same can be said for Halo PC, though I'm not as sure for that.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:21 am

So then the only reason why care about the price is because they may do it to other titles right?
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:22 am

I think the main thing is that, traditionally, a good PC game is priced at $50. However, considering that Infinity Ward is fucking PC gamers by taking away dedicated servers and all the goodliness that comes with, that they would then have the gall to charge us an extra $10, pisses us all off.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:36 am

But still. If you don't even like the game and never did, why do you care if they make it higher price or make loads of DLC for said game? Your never gonna buy it so why give a damn what they do with it?
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:23 am

RockaHolicGameR wrote:But still. If you don't even like the game and never did, why do you care if they make it higher price or make loads of DLC for said game? Your never gonna buy it so why give a damn what they do with it?
Because it sets a trend. A very very bad trend.

If Activison's little pricing experimnet is successful, they will start making their triple AAA titles that bit more expensive. What would result is a backwards price war, with publishers raising their prices in a time when money is short. £40 per game is pretty galling as it is, as you get it much cheaper over there, but the prospect of having to pay and extra £5 to £10, when we are still in a rescession is unacceptable. Not to mention that if they do well with PC sales, they could can Dedicated servers and mods all togther, which would be another nail in the coffin of PC gaming.

Activison cannot be allowed to win, as it will make us all suffer in the long run.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:22 am

The sad thing is that they will win because there is enough idiots out there who will buy it without question. The resulting sales will prove to Activision (and possibly other companies) that they can do this and still make a profit out of it.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:29 am

I know my boycott is pretty futile. It WILL make shitloads of money, and Activision will get their big hit.

My only hope is it goes underneath their estimates.

STUPID FUCKING COD 4 FANS ARE GOING TO DOOM US ALL.

Razz
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:52 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:The sad thing is that they will win because there is enough idiots out there who will buy it without question. The resulting sales will prove to Activision (and possibly other companies) that they can do this and still make a profit out of it.
Are you kidding? This game looks awesome.

So they upped the computer price $10 and changed their server system. So what? Don't you guys ever care about the ACTUAL game?

You guys (not just AJ) find one little problem and suddenly you call everyone who buys it an idiot. Well, I've got news for you: there isn't a single game on the market that is perfect. There is a reason to hate every game out there, including Starcraft.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 am

I hated COD4 and this is virtually the same as it.

Also it's a PC game, with none of the PC exclusive content.

One Little Problem? I could rant about every single facet of this game, and why I think it sucks and how Activison is screwing the pooch on this one.

Sure, I'm bias as I didn't like it from the start, but you have to admit, Activison is being a giant douchebag on the publishing side. I have virtually no problem with Inifinity Ward, But Activision are really doing a disservice for the game.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:But still. If you don't even like the game and never did, why do you care if they make it higher price or make loads of DLC for said game? Your never gonna buy it so why give a damn what they do with it?

If it hadn't been for upping the price or removing dedicated servers, we might have bought it. These things are the reason we aren't buying it.

Vigil wrote:I know my boycott is pretty futile. It WILL make shitloads of money, and Activision will get their big hit.

My only hope is it goes underneath their estimates.

STUPID FUCKING COD 4 FANS ARE GOING TO DOOM US ALL.

Razz

Not as futile as you might think. It isn't everyday that thousands of fans boycott a game. If half of the people who signed the I-won't-buy-MW2 petition had preordered the game, then Infinity Ward lost something like several million dollars in preorder cancelations.

CivBase wrote:Are you kidding? This game looks awesome.

In what way? It was already just a clone of CoD4 with a few new features and a new storyline that was going to be as short and unfulfilling as the last one.

CivBase wrote:So they upped the computer price $10 and changed their server system. So what? Don't you guys ever care about the ACTUAL game?

Those are features of the ACTUAL game. For PC players, replayability is based on several key things: customizability (which is reliant on dedicated servers), competition (which is reliant on dedicated servers), and pure love (which only a few games, like Portal, get enough of to warrant replayability without the other two). If I want to play shitty matchmaking or play through a shitty story, I'll just play CoD4 on the Xbox 360.

CivBase wrote:You guys (not just AJ) find one little problem and suddenly you call everyone who buys it an idiot. Well, I've got news for you: there isn't a single game on the market that is perfect. There is a reason to hate every game out there, including Starcraft.

But this isn't one little problem. This is the removal of several big aspects of PC gaming. This is Infinity Ward saying "fuck you, PC gamers! we don't give a shit about you!" This isn't a gun being too powerful or a perk being too annoying, this is dedicated fucking servers.

Vigil wrote:I hated COD4 and this is virtually the same as it.

Also it's a PC game, with none of the PC exclusive content.

One Little Problem? I could rant about every single facet of this game, and why I think it sucks and how Activison is screwing the pooch on this one.

Sure, I'm bias as I didn't like it from the start, but you have to admit, Activison is being a giant douchebag on the publishing side. I have virtually no problem with Inifinity Ward, But Activision are really doing a disservice for the game.

Wouldn't dedicated servers fall under Infinity Ward's responsibility?
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next