Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COD:Modern Warfare 2

+41
R!zZle BiZzl£
Ringleader
Elabajaba
Barbbachello
dragoon9105
Ruski
Ziggy
Rotaretilbo
JumpingJet
laxspartan007
Divine Virus
MrX
Kasrkin Seath
CivBase
Avenged
Ascendant Justice
Dud Doodoo
BBJynne
Lord Pheonix
TNine
A_Bearded_Swede
Zaki90
Death no More
KrAzY
KristallNacht
Rasq'uire'laskar
kslidz
Ukurse
Toaster
Nocbl2
Felix
Gauz
XNate02
Vtrooper
Onyxknight
Angatar
RX
Cheese
PiEdude
Gold Spartan
Vigil
45 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

COD:Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: COD:Modern Warfare 2

Post by czar Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:33 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Vigil wrote:
MW3 is a certainty. November 2011 I would place large sums of money on it.

I'll go ahead and make the prediction that the PC version won't have mouse&keyboard support.
That is how it's going to go down.
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:17 pm

czar wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

I'll go ahead and make the prediction that the PC version won't have mouse&keyboard support.
That is how it's going to go down.[/quote]

This, is the way the world ends
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:21 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Vigil wrote:

It'll be $20 dlc, and you'll have to buy a "special" $100 mouse, a "special" $100 keyboard and a "special" $50 adapter to use them, obviously.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Elabajaba wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:
Vigil wrote:

It'll be $20 dlc, and you'll have to buy a "special" $100 mouse, a "special" $100 keyboard and a "special" $50 adapter to use them, obviously.
You left out the 2000 dollar "special" desktop to play the game.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:54 pm

I wouldn't know much about the PC verson.

The 360 version was pain-free though ;)
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:55 pm

TNine wrote:I wouldn't know much about the PC verson.

The 360 version was pain-free though ;)
360 version was incredible. I especially liked how local multiplayer now gets to make it's own classes and level up so playing it without LIVe now has purpose. Razz
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Vigil, you remember how you said there was no reason for Shepard to betray you?

Most of the story is explained here.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Being a hardcore gamer, MW2 was meh at best. It's campaign was memorable but has little replay value cause it's so linear, and the MP is great fun for a while but has no depth, a total lack of incentive to use anything but the SCAR/ACR/Famas, unless you want to do the super knifing thing that is totally amplified by lag or, occasionally, use the UMP/Aug, which are basically ARs anyway. The class thing is fun for a while, but in the end it all comes off as poorly balanced and not neccasarily very fun. In higher level play the game falls apart at its seams, especially in team deathmatch where it is get one kill then camp. It's really only fun with all randoms.

MW2 is popular for two reasons: serving casual players and hype. If you have played video games seriously for more than five minutes, i wouldn't recommend it, CoD4 is so much better.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:34 pm

TNine wrote:Being a hardcore gamer, MW2 was meh at best. It's campaign was memorable but has little replay value cause it's so linear, and the MP is great fun for a while but has no depth, a total lack of incentive to use anything but the SCAR/ACR/Famas, unless you want to do the super knifing thing that is totally amplified by lag or, occasionally, use the UMP/Aug, which are basically ARs anyway. The class thing is fun for a while, but in the end it all comes off as poorly balanced and not neccasarily very fun. In higher level play the game falls apart at its seams, especially in team deathmatch where it is get one kill then camp. It's really only fun with all randoms.

MW2 is popular for two reasons: serving casual players and hype. If you have played video games seriously for more than five minutes, i wouldn't recommend it, CoD4 is so much better.

Gotta use AK-47 and magnums in every game they're in, regardless of utility. They are just that special.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:40 am

TNine wrote:Being a hardcore gamer, MW2 was meh at best. It's campaign was memorable but has little replay value cause it's so linear, and the MP is great fun for a while but has no depth, a total lack of incentive to use anything but the SCAR/ACR/Famas, unless you want to do the super knifing thing that is totally amplified by lag or, occasionally, use the UMP/Aug, which are basically ARs anyway. The class thing is fun for a while, but in the end it all comes off as poorly balanced and not neccasarily very fun. In higher level play the game falls apart at its seams, especially in team deathmatch where it is get one kill then camp. It's really only fun with all randoms.

As much as it pains me to say this, COD4 was much better on the mutliplayer side. Since I finished the campaign on my first playthrough on Veteran, I haven't gone back to play through it again, as it was no point to. Mutliplayer is just the same few loadouts, and it that style of gameplay pisses me off to the extent that I can only tolerate about 1-2 hours of it per day. What really annoyed me the most was the awful spawning system which puts you next to a teamate, which is good if you want to get back into the action quickly, but on smaller maps, if your team gets hemmed in open spot with mutliple enemy air killstreaks up, you might as well turn off the console and do something else, as it's virtually impossible to fight out of that. (Mainly because people are retards and never shoot down aircraft, and l;eave me to do it, as I'm the only person on my team who had the good sense to spawn with stingers.)

I'm going to love it when all the fanboys rage in Novemeber about the next Call of Duty by Treyarch, as they'll say it isn't as good as MW2, even if it is a carbon copy of it, in Vietnam (If the rumours are true.) I won't know as I'm not buying it. As much as I have bashed on COD4, it was still pretty good, and that's impressive for a game that came out the same year as Bioshock and Mass Effect. The Multiplayer just pissed me off. World at war was terrible. Modern Warfare 2 was their last chance to win me back, and they throw the gaming version of a Micheal Bay film at me, so fuck you guys, I'm leaving before I really get mad.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue May 18, 2010 3:31 am

Resurgance Map Pack

"Carnival," a large abandoned theme park that offers lots of unique vantage points that work well for all game modes. The once vibrant rides now sit idle and neglected as perfect cover points in one of the most original multiplayer locations for Modern Warfare 2.

"Fuel," a massive oil refinery with extremely long sightlines great for medium- to long-range firefights. The spacious surroundings offer a great sniper advantage; offices, warehouses, and buildings house objectives and provide opportunity for close-range firefights.

"Trailer Park," a medium-sized mobile estate with a maze of tight flank routes and lots of cover. Junk covered yards, deserted trailers, and debris-riddled surroundings offer intense firefights with a wide variety of vantage points and routes available.

"Strike," a large urban desert town, excellent for medium-to-large team games. The large monument, connecting streets, and surrounding buildings offer great firefights in Team Deathmatch, and great vantage points for objective team games.

"Vacant," a deserted Russian office complex offering a great mixture of interior and exterior combat. Long hallways with minimal cover points offer a fast escape route for potential runners, but high accuracy and fast aiming is required when advancing through this large complex.

http://www.infinityward.com/games.php?id=3#/screenshots?id=42
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 am

Ima go buy 1600 MS points after shipping my Xbox to MS. (Gonna buy yon map packs)
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 am

Because you're that much of a sap to pay another $15 for 5 maps.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:44 pm

best spawn since Riot Act
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen