Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fight against the dirty pirates rages

+16
Gold Spartan
Vigil
thane321
Kasrkin Seath
KrAzY
Rasq'uire'laskar
Angatar
BBJynne
PiEdude
KristallNacht
Lord Pheonix
Rotaretilbo
CivBase
Vtrooper
Dud Doodoo
Toaster
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 4 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:36 am

It is. I simply do not like it on PC, and I have played it. L4D feels better with a controller and a couch.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 4 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:22 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:It is. I simply do not like it on PC, and I have played it. L4D feels better with a controller and a couch.

It's funny 'cause you don't realize how much blasphemy you just spoke.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:most notably it didn't do zombies well

No, Resident Evil didn't do zombies well. Left 4 Dead did zombies PERFECTLY (unless you mean zombies as a genre and not the actual zombie character behavior and looks)

And replayablity is bumped up by all the mods on the PC. Or just having a fucking epic versus match, I LOVE being Hunters and talking to my teammates to coordinate an attack. One time, at the beginning of the subway area, we were able to kill 2 survivors right off the bat (I helped)

IDK, whne me and my friends talk about L4D we all have entirely different stories, and hundreds of epic moments
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Zombies as a genre, it didn't really feel like a legit zombie outbreak, and the "special zombies" are just plain gay.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:36 pm

I thought they did the specials really well. Makes it more stressful.

speaking of L4D: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/482831
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:02 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:It is. I simply do not like it on PC, and I have played it. L4D feels better with a controller and a couch.

It's funny 'cause you don't realize how much blasphemy you just spoke.
I didn't speak anything, I typed it. I simply think that L4D is better when you are on the couch with a bunch of friends playing co-op with a controller in your hands than it is sitting in front of a screen with a mouse and keyboard playing online.

I'm saying that, there is no such thing as a social PC game. You can't have your friends over killing zombies together on a PC, they have to either watch you or go to their own house and join the game, which isn't nearly as fun. I like L4D because it's fun to kill zombies with friends, although it could have been MUCH better, just like Halo Wars.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Actually dud

L4D has built in splitscreen on the pc, and a wired 360 controller can be plugged in for the second player. I've done it.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:42 pm

PC vs Console?

I like the console for shooters... but I'm not sure about L4D as I've only played it on the PC. I know the controls were fine on the PC though.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Dud wrote:I'm saying that, there is no such thing as a social PC game. You can't have your friends over killing zombies together on a PC, they have to either watch you or go to their own house and join the game, which isn't nearly as fun. I like L4D because it's fun to kill zombies with friends, although it could have been MUCH better, just like Halo Wars.

It's called a LAN party. I've never really held a full fledged LAN session, mainly because most people I know don't have good enough PCs to run recent games well, but I dream of it.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:02 pm

LAN parties just don't happen, you don't get your friends to bring over their COMPUTERS AND MONITORS and hook them all up just so you can all kill some zombies, when you can just grab a controller, get on the couch, and enjoy 67 inch HD with surround sound. Perhaps that's just me...

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:LAN parties just don't happen, you don't get your friends to bring over their COMPUTERS AND MONITORS and hook them all up just so you can all kill some zombies, when you can just grab a controller, get on the couch, and enjoy 67 inch HD with surround sound.

You're also the only one with a 67" TV. Never the less, I haven't enjoyed split-screen since Halo 1.

LAN parties are worth the struggle because they usually last at least an entire day. I would love to do it if I could find the people. I only have about 3 friends that play PC games.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:09 pm

I hosted a LAN party for my 13th birthday, it was no better than split screen. I would rather not go through the trouble unless it was going to be a 5 day long multiplayer Empire Total War campaign fest, where there was a separate player for every faction. *angels sing*

Seriously, I could sustain myself on energy drinks. Very Happy

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:I hosted a LAN party for my 13th birthday, it was no better than split screen. I would rather not go through the trouble unless it was going to be a 5 day long multiplayer Empire Total War campaign fest, where there was a separate player for every faction. *angels sing*

My friend said something along those lines. Is there actually a mode like that?

I think LAN would be more fun, but that's just me. I guess it's just the hard-core sense you get when setting up 8 PCs and monitors in one room.

I've played some counter strike LAN at other people's houses... but it was counterstrike...
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:37 pm

CivBase wrote:I have the money... and the games ^^

I don't have a job, but I don't waste it all like most other high schoolers do. I don't need texting, internet on my phone, an iPod touch (biggest price ripoff since the PS3 first came out), or a new car (+ gas).

So, in the end, I don't pirate. (though I don't really have a problem with it either)

I'd thought to call you out earlier, but you were helpful to my argument. The time has now come. The PS3 is and never was over-priced.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:26 pm

I did LAN with origanal xboxes twice (and it's the same different really)

4v4 Halo:CE/Ghost Recon is epic

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:05 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:I hosted a LAN party for my 13th birthday, it was no better than split screen. I would rather not go through the trouble unless it was going to be a 5 day long multiplayer Empire Total War campaign fest, where there was a separate player for every faction. *angels sing*

My friend said something along those lines. Is there actually a mode like that?

I think LAN would be more fun, but that's just me. I guess it's just the hard-core sense you get when setting up 8 PCs and monitors in one room.

I've played some counter strike LAN at other people's houses... but it was counterstrike...
They already confirmed multiplayer campaign, but only 1v1 from what they have said. Sad

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Dud...it's called MODS =D I'm sure someone will figure it out

but yeah...you still haven't countered the fact L4D has split-screen multiplayer on the PC. It's not FLAWLESS, but nonetheless it works...

our biggest problem was semi-laggy games caused by a bunch of spectators, which the game doesn't natively support. since we were on one computer the server said (even when full) 7/8 since the second player isn't listed. Then the quick match would try to fill it since it prefers to fill near full than put more in empty games. Basically, every few seconds a new player would join as a spectator and not be allowed to play because the 'empty' spot wasn't empty at all.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:20 am

^ Are you playing it through Steam?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:10 am

yes lol

it was by friends computer

We both have dual monitor and processors fast enough to handle split-screen. I think we were running at 35fps on full graphics splitscreen
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:16 am

Ha, the pirate folks threw a champaign party... Damn them.

I used to love Halo 2 LAN parties

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8003799.stm

Sad

Bad news. I'm no fan of the pirate bay guys, but this as the site says, this was a political trial - they didn't deserve what they got. The sentence was nothing more than a warning - and they're being made to suffer for being a part of what everybody has done at one point or another.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 am

Even if I wanted to pirate, I can't as it would use my monthly Broadband usage up soo fast, and even then, it would take about 3 years to download anything.
I hate living in NZ Sad
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:58 am

Cheese wrote:

Bad news. I'm no fan of the pirate bay guys, but this as the site says, this was a political trial - they didn't deserve what they got.

Why not? These guys have been dodging the law for years. They are criminals.

I could care less whether or not the things they are doing are "Technically" illegal. They are operating a major torrent search engine under the intention of promoting piracy. They deserve a jail sentence.

The fine is no problem for them. Those fuckers make loads of money off of advertisements on their site as it is.

They've been asking for this sentence for a long time and, frankly, they deserved worse.

It's people like the guy at the bottom of that article that really make me angry. Disregarding copyright law and just pirating anyway is one thing, but trying to make the argument that it should be legal and politically condoned is infuriating. The arguments these people make are ridiculous.

If someone creates something, and they want to charge money for it... THAT IS THEIR CHOICE AND YOU SHOULD HAVE TO PAY.

People should have the right to control the content they create. You can't just say "I have the right to view and enjoy the works of people without offering any form of compensation, despite the fact that they would like me to give them something in return. It is my right to get it for free."

No. It's not your right. Get over yourself.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:53 am

I agree with your views on piracy, I still think jail is a bit much. That's all. Surely whopoff fine (in the millions i think) and shutting it down would be enough. I dont even think they're shutting it down!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:01 am

recon, whether its technically illegal is the point

how would you like it if you were doing something technically legal and someone decided that it was immoral and tried to imprison you for it?

edit: thepiratebay beign shut down wouldn't matter anyway, as not that many people actually use it.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next