Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight

+2
KrAzY
Nocbl2
6 posters

Go down

So I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight Empty So I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:06 am

[SPOILERS]

Kind of a mindfuck. The only thing I thought could be better was the ending. I would have prefered if he had straight up killed himself and the plot had been mildly altered to accomodate that so it was a reasonable course. Or, he would engage Durden in a final boxing match and win for an ending where he lives.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

So I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight Empty Re: So I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight

Post by KrAzY Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:54 pm

took you long enough.... though I guess technically you arent even old enough to see it if it was in theatres, haha
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

So I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight Empty Re: So I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight

Post by Ruski Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:40 pm

I thought the ending was great.

I think it would have been weakened if he had straight up killed himself. And a final fight with Durden like that would, IMO, be very cliche, and wouldn't have solved anything.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:24 am

Way to break the first rule, boys.

Heh.
I'm with Ruski on this one. Not-quite-shooting himself was probably the best way to end. I mean, the whole thing was a mental battle. Depicting that with a fistfight wouldn't have been as satisfying.

Also, I only just watched it last year. Probably not even six months ago.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Tylertlat Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:[SPOILERS]
Or, he would engage Durden in a final boxing match and win for an ending where he lives.

For that, you'd have to explain why Tyler would let that happen, since we see in the garage fight scene that he's literally untouchable if he wants to be.
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:13 am

Tylertlat wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:[SPOILERS]
Or, he would engage Durden in a final boxing match and win for an ending where he lives.

For that, you'd have to explain why Tyler would let that happen, since we see in the garage fight scene that he's literally untouchable if he wants to be.
Meanwhile, "I am Jack's psuedonym" had perfect mental control over the gun.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Every time I try to watch Fight Club I blackout and wake up in an abandoned house with a flooded basement for some reason.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum