Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fight against the dirty pirates rages

+16
Gold Spartan
Vigil
thane321
Kasrkin Seath
KrAzY
Rasq'uire'laskar
Angatar
BBJynne
PiEdude
KristallNacht
Lord Pheonix
Rotaretilbo
CivBase
Vtrooper
Dud Doodoo
Toaster
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 2 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:31 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:And...erm...Jesus didn't write the ten commandments...Moses did...a tad bit before the Roman Empire...I'm surprised no one pointed this out...

*long sigh*

The Egyptians had a legal system which governed what was right and wrong nearly a thousand years before Moses supposedly led the slaves across the red sea.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 2 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:37 pm

So you're arguing that laws existed in other places before religion? Big deal?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:So you're arguing that laws existed in other places before religion? Big deal?

wow dud, you're kind of an ass hole. Someone suggests that religion invented moral behavior, I refute them, and you act as if i'm just making a pointless statement. Maybe if you'd actually read through the posts before mine, you could've grasped my reasoning.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 pm

The Egyptians didn't have a written system of laws, though. Their law? What Pharaoh says, goes. Pharaoh is allowed to be as inconsistent or unfair as he deems fit. Most ancient empires were like this. The ruling king or council could do whatever they wanted. They were the law, and were not held to it themselves. I know the Ten Commandments weren't the first written system of law, though. I know one empire, I think it was Babylon, beat them to it. But you can't deny how great an impact the Bible had on encourages and promoting moral behavior.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote: I know one empire, I think it was Babylon, beat them to it. But you can't deny how great an impact the Bible had on encouraging and promoting moral behavior.

There's the key words: encouraging and promoting. That's all I'm trying to say. Thank you.

so uhhh... PIRACY!
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Well, if Pirate Bay gets off scott free, like I think they will, then I don't have to change any of my decided upon serial killer hit lists, so I guess it's win-win for me. Razz
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Well, if Pirate Bay gets off scott free, like I think they will, then I don't have to change any of my decided upon serial killer hit lists, so I guess it's win-win for me. Razz

You mean, we both share the same dream of one day blasting the pirate bay creators in the face with a flame thrower?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Recon? You are aware that the pirate bay is actually one of the smallest piracy networks, right?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Cause Civ can't seem to shut up about it

and yes I point you out civ as you are the one who started it
Yes, I started that one. Guilty as charged. ^^
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Recon? You are aware that the pirate bay is actually one of the smallest piracy networks, right?

Ok, but it's one of the most popular and efficient trackers.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:Well, if Pirate Bay gets off scott free, like I think they will, then I don't have to change any of my decided upon serial killer hit lists, so I guess it's win-win for me. Razz

You mean, we both share the same dream of one day blasting the pirate bay creators in the face with a flame thrower?
You both are depriving my future camps of their labor.

In any case, go read the reader comments on the article. It's hilarious.

"Music and games are all art. True artists produce art because they enjoy it, and they eat, drink, and subsist on air and love."
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 pm

ReconToaster wrote:

Ok, but it's one of the most popular and efficient trackers.

Not really. It's actually one of the worst since the ESA and like associations are all over it. It's actually far less efficient and popular because there is a distinct absence of seeds, many repeats with bad quality, and lots of things it straight up doesn't have.

I like IPT (mid-level private) because for everything it has 1 of....only one....(except for standard vs HD versions) and they ALL have fast seeders.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:23 am

Rasq wrote:In any case, go read the reader comments on the article. It's hilarious.

I read them when I first saw it. I was quite disturbed by the amount of users on GAME POLITICS advocating for piracy. You'd think they'd be interested in the health of the industry, but instead it turns out they're all just a bunch of cheap assholes who don't want to give any money to the industry that offers them so much entertainment.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:48 am

Recon, I have legally purchased my fair share of games during the playstation era.

And Once again, not games I'd purchase otherwise. (Though I did buy COD4 after I beat the pirate copy)
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:29 am

KristallNacht wrote:Recon, I have legally purchased my fair share of games during the playstation era.

And Once again, not games I'd purchase otherwise. (Though I did buy COD4 after I beat the pirate copy)

How could you possibly determine that in a game where piracy is always an option? How can you be sure that, were there not a way to get them for free, you might have paid full price for those mediocre games?

If I was not so opposed to piracy, I probably would have pirated Mirror's Edge. It's a great game, but it lasts only around 6 hours at most, and has little re-playability. I bought it, full price.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 am

Again, why play some of these games when you can just rent a console version when there is one?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:06 pm

PiEman wrote:Again, why play some of these games when you can just rent a console version when there is one?

They want a taste of the REAL experience Cool

Actually, what would be nice is if we got Demos like you guys do.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Recon. I don't have money. So buying games full price is too much.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:51 pm

i have no money

so i don't get games... my comp literally has 4 games on it... most of those games are years old
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Most if not all of the games I have collected over the years are from Christmases or birthdays. I don't have the money, so I just don't buy the games. The most I've ever pirated were maybe ten to twenty songs a long while back, which I only listen to on my own PC. I also torrented a .iso of Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, disk 2, but only because my legally purchased copy of disk 2 was corrupted.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:04 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Recon. I don't have money. So buying games full price is too much.

Me neither, so I scavenge what I can. You're old enough to have a job too.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:57 am

My job is to train for the US Marine Corps!

Let's see, if we're comparing Piracy:

Games:
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Assassin's Creed
CoD4
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Homeworld 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Rome: Total War
Supreme Commander
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield
GRAW2
Spore
Left 4 Dead
Unreal Tournament 3
Mechwarrior 4

I'm sure there's more...

Movies:
Rock N Rolla
Gran Torino
Seven Pounds
Juno
Underworld 3
Full Metal Jacket

I KNOW there are more...but its skipping me right now

Music:
not even gonna go there...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 am

I have the money... and the games ^^

I don't have a job, but I don't waste it all like most other high schoolers do. I don't need texting, internet on my phone, an iPod touch (biggest price ripoff since the PS3 first came out), or a new car (+ gas).

So, in the end, I don't pirate. (though I don't really have a problem with it either)
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:28 am

http://torrentfreak.com/50-of-charges-against-pirate-bay-dropped-090217/

Pirate Bay is Wining, and it's only been 2 days of the trial.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:36 am

It's been 5 days now...
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next