Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOOM 4

+6
JB
Toaster
Ascendant Justice
Angatar
PiEdude
Kasrkin Seath
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DOOM 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: DOOM 4

Post by Toaster Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Nah, I rented it once (on the original xbox) and played a bit of the first level and didn't like it.

Keep in mind though, that this was long ago. It was about the same time I rented Half Life 2 and couldn't stand it so... I pretty much didn't have very good taste Razz

I'll play it at some point though. I plan on playing just about every "classic" PC game that I haven't played this summer. I plan on buying and playing the Max Pain Games, Deus Ex Games, and the Doom games... though I may just play DOOM 3, as I have no interest in playing the ancient originals.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:35 am

ReconToaster wrote:Nah, I rented it once (on the original xbox) and played a bit of the first level and didn't like it.

Keep in mind though, that this was long ago. It was about the same time I rented Half Life 2 and couldn't stand it so... I pretty much didn't have very good taste Razz

I'll play it at some point though. I plan on playing just about every "classic" PC game that I haven't played this summer. I plan on buying and playing the Max Pain Games, Deus Ex Games, and the Doom games... though I may just play DOOM 3, as I have no interest in playing the ancient originals.

That's a shame as the originals were great fun, I've them on my clunky old playstation.

As for DOOM 4 they announced it a while back, but they haven't said anything since.

At the moment the new Wolfenstein has my attention.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:09 am

ReconToaster wrote:Nah, I rented it once (on the original xbox) and played a bit of the first level and didn't like it.

The first level is nothing!
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:46 am

Yeah the first level is just getting you used to moving, its not really the game.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:51 am

The original doom storyline is as follows:

UAC is working on a government contract to create a teleportaion device. While experimenting, they open up another dimension which turns out to be Hell. The Research station and entire moon(one of jupiter's) is thrown into Hell.

A second station that was also effected(on another moon) is where the PC is, who is one of the last suvivors and can is tasked with ending the Hellish invasion.

Player succeeds and ends up on earth.

Doom II storyline
Earth is under attack by the demons now and as the situation becomes worse, the governments of earth decide to launch all surivors off planet on ships.

However, the only spaceport capable of handling it is controlled by the demons who created a barrier around it. The player is drafted back into an operation to secure the spaceport and lower the barrier.

Eventually the player is one of the last few fighting their way in... again.... and eventually succeeds and destroys John Romero, ending the game.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2