Star Wars: The Old Republic

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Well Revan became proficient with the force within 20-30 years of living.



The Emperor has 1000+



Fucker knows some spells.




Even Darth Bane who was a great Sith and created the Rule of Two after wiping out the entire Sith Order singlehandedly was defeated by his apprentice because of Sith Sorcery. And she only learned for about 15 or so years. This fucker had 1000 years to practice all his spells and become powerful with the force. He could send out force lightning with one finger and blow up a Death Star with that much training.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Gauz on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:42 pm

I think Nihilus is cooler than the sith emperor.

They're basically the same thing, except the emperor is a pussy bitch.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by dragoon9105 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Yea see that's great and all to hear, Until you find out the Sith Emperor is a killable boss.

Awkward...
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:19 pm

I found that out and I was a bit sad....



I don't know the circumstances behind it, but if he's at full power and the Jedi Knight character is able to defeat him despite only being a jedi for what? A couple months? Then I call complete bullshit.


Revan and the Exile were at least just rediscovering their power, they weren't learning from scratch like all the others in ToR.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Vigil on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I found that out and I was a bit sad....



I don't know the circumstances behind it, but if he's at full power and the Jedi Knight character is able to defeat him despite only being a jedi for what? A couple months? Then I call complete bullshit.


Revan and the Exile were at least just rediscovering their power, they weren't learning from scratch like all the others in ToR.

And you thought the plot of TOR was redeemable after what they did to Revan....

Honestly, it poor writing to have one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever, who is one of the most successful expanded universe character after Thrawn to be killed off by a nobody sith with a few months training, who just a short time later magically kills the OP Emperor who beat Revan without even trying.


_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Viggy
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I never said I liked the plot of ToR, just that I enjoyed the game and the Emperor being able to defeat Revan is quite possible what with the thousands of years of training.


I would never have the Emperor as fightable, but Bioware is showing not to be to smart with endgame story nowadays.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Vigil on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I never said I liked the plot of ToR, just that I enjoyed the game and the Emperor being able to defeat Revan is quite possible what with the thousands of years of training.


I would never have the Emperor as fightable, but Bioware is showing not to be to smart with endgame story nowadays.

I don't like what they did with Revan but I can see the logic behind it, given how powerful the Sith Emperor would have to be given his age.

The second they turn round and say oh any sucker can beat him, it breaks the first point.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Viggy
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I much preferred the Revanites' theory that Revan had defeated the Emperor and was then imprisoned in the Emperor's chambers by the Sith Council, who were pretending the Emperor was still alive to keep the Empire together.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Vigil on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:I much preferred the Revanites' theory that Revan had defeated the Emperor and was then imprisoned in the Emperor's chambers by the Sith Council, who were pretending the Emperor was still alive to keep the Empire together.

REVAN WAS THE SITH EMPEROR ALL ALONG.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Viggy
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Vtrooper on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Vigil wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:I much preferred the Revanites' theory that Revan had defeated the Emperor and was then imprisoned in the Emperor's chambers by the Sith Council, who were pretending the Emperor was still alive to keep the Empire together.

REVAN WAS THE SITH EMPEROR ALL ALONG.

Don't we all wish.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Location : The reaches of Space
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by dragoon9105 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:29 pm

I still prefer to ignore Tor's established lore and say Revan went to the Emperor played him like a Card, went home, got the starforge, then set about leading the the sith in an effort to strengthen the galaxy because Revan being Revan saw himself as the only way the Galaxy would be prepared.

Pretty sure that's what Kotor 2 established anyway, and then Tor says he was the emperor's lackey from the point he first showed up at Malachor Five, which is completely out of character for the character up until that point. Hell even in Kotor 1, Revan is never even given the choice to be a lackey, even the light side options in the game make it pretty defined Revan doesn't take any shit.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:53 am

dragoon9105 wrote:I still prefer to ignore Tor's established lore and say Revan went to the Emperor played him like a Card, went home, got the starforge, then set about leading the the sith in an effort to strengthen the galaxy because Revan being Revan saw himself as the only way the Galaxy would be prepared.

Pretty sure that's what Kotor 2 established anyway, and then Tor says he was the emperor's lackey from the point he first showed up at Malachor Five, which is completely out of character for the character up until that point. Hell even in Kotor 1, Revan is never even given the choice to be a lackey, even the light side options in the game make it pretty defined Revan doesn't take any shit.



Kotor 2 establishes that after Revan defeated Malek he disappeared from the Galaxy to fight "a bigger threat" and then was never heard from again.

And the first time he showed up at Malachor Five he was still a Jedi and fighting the Mandalorians along with his Republic fleet. Then he gave the order to blow that fucker up and left to the edges of space where he learned of the Sith Emperor and became Sith himself. That was insinuated in both the first game lightly and outright stated in the second.


And he never really was a lackey. Kreia theorized that Revan "never truly fell". That he instead found the Sith Empire waiting and knew that the Republic would be destroyed by it. So instead he became Sith and attempted to take control of the Republic like the Emperor wanted. But instead he was going to take it under his control so that he could build up it's military and use the Star Forge to build their fleets to combat the True Sith Empire.

All stated in Kotor 2.




Revan and all his 20-30 years of learning to master the force and having lost all his power and regaining it decided to go on and take on the Emperor of the Sith Empire who has had over 1000 years of learning to master the force.

I am okay with the fact that Revan could lose that fight, it is very believable. Him defeating someone that powerful would just be to much.



From what I understand the Jedi Knight player character's story is concluded with fighting the Emperor himself and defeating him in combat. I do not know the circumstance behind this, but if the Emperor is at full strength and there was no form of sabotage involved against the Emperor then that is total bullshit and just fucking stupid. Bioware has shown themselves not able to end a story well anymore.

The Emperor was still not killed by that attempt though and took over one of his apprentices bodies as he has done for centuries.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by dragoon9105 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:52 am

Yes but that apprentice is a Companion and you can just talk the Emperor to death out of her.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Well it seems this wiki article holds all the information on Revan fucking ever.

Alot of it seems to be from that book that came out called "Revan" that I don't think any of us read. The wiki pretty much has the book there though lol


Explains exactly what happened to Revan throughout his whole life and even says that the Exile (who's name is Meetra Surik apparently) found Revan and joined him in his fight against the Emperor.

The two joined forces with a Sith and actually fought the Emperor in his throne room but the Sith betrayed them at the last moment killing the Exile in surprise and giving the Emperor the moment to incapacitate Revan.


With everything that happens in what I read I gotta say I like it. Revan is still insanely powerful and able to mostly go toe to toe with the Emperor but the Emperor is still vastly more powerful in the Sith arts. He and the Exile together would be able to kill him but betrayal defeated them.


Much more interesting story then "and then Revan was the Emprah" as others would want it.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Vigil on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:52 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:Well it seems this wiki article holds all the information on Revan fucking ever.

Alot of it seems to be from that book that came out called "Revan" that I don't think any of us read. The wiki pretty much has the book there though lol


Explains exactly what happened to Revan throughout his whole life and even says that the Exile (who's name is Meetra Surik apparently) found Revan and joined him in his fight against the Emperor.

The two joined forces with a Sith and actually fought the Emperor in his throne room but the Sith betrayed them at the last moment killing the Exile in surprise and giving the Emperor the moment to incapacitate Revan.


With everything that happens in what I read I gotta say I like it. Revan is still insanely powerful and able to mostly go toe to toe with the Emperor but the Emperor is still vastly more powerful in the Sith arts. He and the Exile together would be able to kill him but betrayal defeated them.


Much more interesting story then "and then Revan was the Emprah" as others would want it.

I honestly think it's another case of show and don't tell.

Mystery was one of the key character features of Revan. Laying out how he failed robs a little from the character.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Viggy
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Putting him in Tor at all robbed him of Character.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm

I didn't want Revan to be the Emperor, I wanted him to beat the Emperor, and then have been confined to the Throne Room by the combined might of the Council.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Vigil on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:I didn't want Revan to be the Emperor, I wanted him to beat the Emperor, and then have been confined to the Throne Room by the combined might of the Council.

I would of liked it if Revan had won, and had kept the Sith at bay for 100 years and died of old age.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Viggy
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Or delayed their invasion by three hundred years through various acts of sabotage and misinformation.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm

He did get in the Emperors mind and planted the thoughts in his mind that attacking now would not be in his best interest while being tortured for 300 years thereby giving the Republic the chance they had to survive.


If the empire did attack sometime in those three hundred years then the Republic would have been roflstomped.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm actually almost ok with him losing and delaying it through subtle suggestions. It's the part where he gets free, gets beaten by a bunch of random newb PCs, and then the guy who beat him also gets beaten, that I take issue with.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Most MMO's run into the issue, its not a problem in an RPG because your not some random guy, You beat the piss out of Malak in KOTOR because your Revan, You kill more sith lords than you can count in 2 because your the Jedi Exile, You kill the Archdemon in Dragon Age because your a grey warden!
You Kill the Sith Emperor in Tor because.. you picked the Jedi guardian class?

And then you kill Revan (And Hk47) an absurdly popular figure in the expanded universe in a mid level raid
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:57 pm

It was a fun raid though.

_________________
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Pheonix92
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Elabajaba on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:59 pm


Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Age : 25
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by KrAzY on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:24 pm

free to play in this case being pay to win.


free to play only works in games designed for it
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 29 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum