Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Old Republic

+35
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rotaretilbo
TNine
Elabajaba
GreyApothecary
KristallNacht
tiny tim
Kasrkin Seath
CivBase
Ringleader
RX
Avenged
Offensive Bias- OLD
Death no More
thane321
noir
Gold Spartan
Gauz
JumpingJet
dragoon9105
kslidz
Vigil
Nocbl2
Felix
Toaster
BBJynne
XNate02
A_Bearded_Swede
PiEdude
Onyxknight
MrX
Angatar
Vtrooper
capn qwerty
Lord Pheonix
39 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 28 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Vtrooper Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:41 pm

Now here is my real problem with this: EA's stock "Tanked"

Even though the stock reached $10.79 USD before this and ended at $11.02 people think this killed EA when most Publishers are in the $5-$15 range lately.

I'm really starting to hate gamers...
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:21 pm

EA is made up of a bunch of stupid fucks though.

"In general we're thinking about how we make this a more broadly appealing franchise, because ultimately you need to get to audience sizes of around five million to really continue to invest in an IP like Dead Space.

"Anything less than that and it becomes quite difficult financially given how expensive it is to make games and market them.

"We feel good about that growth but we have to be very paranoid about making sure we don't change the experience so much that we lose the fanbase."

I'm calling Lord Pheonix damn bullshit because Dead Space 1 and 2 were humongous successes and moved 2 million each but Dead Space 3 is a failure if it doesn't sell FIVE FUCKING MILLION COPIES OF ONE GAME!?!?!

They need to recheck some shit. I'm willing to be their marketing team spent 4 millions dollars cause they over market the fuck out of everything and have to try to make up for it.

So bottom line is don't listen to EA when EA talks about money.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 pm

I remember ridiculous numbers for Battlefield 3's marketing, ranging from $45 million to $100 million. If they're struggling for money, that's why.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 pm

EA policy, Not making Wow Bucks as an MMO? fail

Not making Cod bucks as an action game?, Fail

When will people learn, You'd think a big corporation would have an expert smart enough SOMEWHERE to understand you can only beat CoD and WoW by creating a new consumer/fan base, not just copy pasting your competition's business tactics.

But if EA wants to keep up this war on Activsion along with its war on used games, War on people who buy their own games, War on people who pirate games, people who use origin, people in general, i say let em.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 pm

I think they underestimate word of mouth with gamers.

DayZ is a unofficial mod that has no marketing for it.

Who here knows what it is?

When good shit is happening we find out.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 pm

If you want a good MMO you should get GW2 >.>

I heard from people who played the beta say it's the best MMORPG they've played.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:25 pm

The amount of praise i've heard of that game in parallel with the shit talking of other MMO's when speaking of it makes me think it's just fans of GW1 jerking off to it.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:34 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:
Perhaps EA knows that, and that's why they spend so much on marketing! :O
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:39 pm

Angatar wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:
Perhaps EA knows that, and that's why they spend so much on marketing! :O

I'm saying we find out without marketing.

IF EA never made any commercials or anything do you think we would never find out it was being released?

We'd know.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:50 am

I think EA's Greatest flaw with The Old Republic is they came into the MMO market at the worst possible time.

Virtually ever other MMO that has come out over the last few years has been dead after a few months, as the whole pay per month model isn't feasible in the gamers market now, as we all have less money and a have lot more say in what we want, which is why Free to Play is so popular.

MMO's take so many years to produce, TOR probably looked like a good investment when it was pitched, as it was most likely in the boom of WoW, but now, even WoW is haemorrhaging players.

Will this Bankrupt EA? Not likely, while this was one of the most expensive game ever made, and the sales came no where to recoup that, EA most has a lot of reserve funds from their other titles to keep them afloat. We're nowhere near to THQ's current situation.

I just hope they realise they need to go about business a little differently and that marketing isn't everything. I fear they'll go the other way and push for every game to make a profit.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:53 am

This is EA we're talking about. They will find the thing most detrimental to the gaming community in the long term, and do that thing. It is how they have always been.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:56 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:This is EA we're talking about. They will find the thing most detrimental to the gaming community in the long term, and do that thing. It is how they have always been.

There's a reason they were voted the worst company in America and won the Golden Poo Award this year.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:00 am

Vigil wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:This is EA we're talking about. They will find the thing most detrimental to the gaming community in the long term, and do that thing. It is how they have always been.

There's a reason they were voted the worst company in America and won the Golden Poo Award this year.
lol

If they released an expansion for ToR and made it F2P,I'd buy the pack. But of course everyone at EA is pants-on-head retarded.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 pm

If they turned around and allowed bioware (or obsidian) to make Kotor 3 I'd buy that. I will never buy Tor even if it was made F2P
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:47 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:If they turned around and allowed bioware (or obsidian) to make Kotor 3 I'd buy that. I will never buy Tor even if it was made F2P

Indeed, which is what they should of done in the first place. There was still a lot of people (Myself included) who would of bought it.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Idk about Kotor 3 though, is it really necessary? Like, I don't know if there's more story to be told.

Not saying that it would be bad, or that I wouldn't buy it, but it would be cool if they worked on something new to get really into.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 pm

The Old Republic comic following.....Zayne Carrick I think it was is really awesome.

It's set at a few years before Kotor 1 and you can even see Malek and Revan when they were fighting for justice as Wholesame Jedi Knights.

Malek was a pretty cool dude too. Till the jaw ripped off thing...
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Tylertlat Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Hey guys, I think I'm gonna get my trial character back out.
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:35 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:The Old Republic comic following.....Zayne Carrick I think it was is really awesome.

It's set at a few years before Kotor 1 and you can even see Malek and Revan when they were fighting for justice as Wholesame Jedi Knights.

Malek was a pretty cool dude too. Till the jaw ripped off thing...

I was thinking about the other day and Malak was always a bit of a cowardly suck up to Revan. That flashback in the first game that shows Malak asking Revan if the secrets of the Star Forge are worth being expelled from the Jedi Order while Revan pays no attention and just does it.

There's a bit on Korribian in the second game where the Exile gets a vision of Malak trying to recruit jedi to Revan's cause, and it's pretty obvious that Revan's the guy running the show, and Malak was always his subordinate.

Also the fact he never faced Revan head on and tried to kill him by destroying his captial ship was a pretty cowardly move.

I think the dark side conclusion to their relationship sums it up really well.

''You are Darth Revan...Lord...*cough* Lord of the Sith. And I? I am nothing.''

Malak was forever in Revan's shadow.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:46 am

When he was good he always followed Revan as well, but Revan was a natural leader that all would follow after all.

Malak was a decent dude till he went down the dark path, then he started getting angrier and having more resentment towards the council till the both of them finally turned to the dark side.

And for that scene where Revan basically ignores Malak: it pretty much had to be done. The only other alternative would be to have Revan speak and the PC never had a voice in the game so they had to keep him silent. Was a bit of a clue early on in the game even about the twist..
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:49 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:When he was good he always followed Revan as well, but Revan was a natural leader that all would follow after all.

Malak was a decent dude till he went down the dark path, then he started getting angrier and having more resentment towards the council till the both of them finally turned to the dark side.

And for that scene where Revan basically ignores Malak: it pretty much had to be done. The only other alternative would be to have Revan speak and the PC never had a voice in the game so they had to keep him silent. Was a bit of a clue early on in the game even about the twist..

I think it was more Resentment towards Revan and that he'd never be as much of a natural leader he was.

Yeah, I understand if he had talked that would have let the reveal way too early, but you have to admit Malak's dialogue sounds like a man who's not sure if this is the right thing to do. He's clearly nervous about the potential consequences of this action.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 am

Oh yes definitely, Revan was the one that led Malak down the path of the Dark Side and even blames Revan for it.

But he initially followed Revan during their Jedi Knight days because they were friends. He spoke nothing but praise about him when they went to war and Malak was trying to recruit other Jedi to their cause to fight the Mandalorians.

But when they became Sith and Malak became the apprentice because Revan was stronger he did resent it and craved the power Revan had. But that is the Sith way: "One to embody power, the other to crave it".

The way Malak attacked Revan was cowardly though. An Apprentice must do battle with his Master when they have learned all they can from their Master and no longer need him because they are more powerful. The problem was that Revan was to damn powerful to ever be beaten no matter who his apprentice was.

Hell, Revan broke the orders rule before the orders rule was ever made lol.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

Malak lost his jaw in a duel with Revan before the whole battleship firing incident, Revan Won suffice to say hence why Malak took his chance to usurp Revan and royally fuck up all his plans because he knew he would never be more powerful.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:39 am

dragoon9105 wrote:Malak lost his jaw in a duel with Revan before the whole battleship firing incident, Revan Won suffice to say hence why Malak took his chance to usurp Revan and royally fuck up all his plans because he knew he would never be more powerful.

You'll also notice, that once Malak learns that Revan might be alive and with the Jedi, he sends everything he can at him before confronting him face to face, as he's terrified of fighting him face to face.

-Wipes out Taris (Might have been because of Bastilla, but even then if he had knoiw at that point, it still makes sense.)

- Sends Calo Nord to kill him.

-Sends his own apprentice Darth Bandon to kill him.

-Sends Sith Assassins to try and kill him.

-Destroys the Jedi enclave on Dantooine where Revan was retrained in the ways of the force.

-Captures the crew of the Ebon Hawk and tortures them and sends Saul to fight his battle.

-Finally faces Revan and then runs away when he knows he losing and kidnaps Bastilla.

-Sends a corrupted Bastilla to kill Revan.

-Sends the entire Sith Compliment on the Star Forge to kill him.

-Activates the Star Forge's Robot Factories to kill him.

-Finally faces him Face to Face when he has the ability to recharge and call on the power of the star forge's corruption of the jedi corpses.

And he still loses.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Which is why i think its bullshit that the Sith Emperor could ever beat Revan space magic aside
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next