Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of you that like small games and don't mind bad graphics....

5 posters

Go down

For those of you that like small games and don't mind bad graphics.... Empty For those of you that like small games and don't mind bad graphics....

Post by CivBase Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:23 pm

You can now DL the orriginal battlezone RTS/FPS game.

The zip is here. For a direct download, click here.

You gotta do something else for online multiplayer to work... but it works fine in single player. Have fun!
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

For those of you that like small games and don't mind bad graphics.... Empty Re: For those of you that like small games and don't mind bad graphics....

Post by BBJynne Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:32 pm

and here u were critisizing starcraft cuz it has bad graphics.
(i think it was you, if it wasn't then nvm)

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

For those of you that like small games and don't mind bad graphics.... Empty Re: For those of you that like small games and don't mind bad graphics....

Post by CivBase Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:57 pm

I said the graphics were bad and gameplay didn't seem great to me from your screen shots. Like I said, if bad graphics truely bug you, don't get this.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:14 pm

CivBase wrote:I said the graphics were bad and gameplay didn't seem great to me from your screen shots. Like I said, if bad graphics truely bug you, don't get this.

He was trying to contradict you friend. It seems he succeeded.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Prehaps, but as I said, gameplay didn't look very good. I only play really low graphic games if they have great gameplay, if I'm really really bored, or at school where I can run them off of my jump drive.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Is it safe to download? :suspect:
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:37 pm

CivBase wrote:[starcraft's] gameplay didn't look very good.

AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A GAMER!! (and play rts at that)

DIE HERITIC!!!!

*stabs the screen until realizing it won't harm civ*

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:39 pm

I was never any good at Starcraft. that is the ONLY rts I can never win a skirmish on.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:52 pm

It's perfectly safe. I have it and use it on a regular 5-hour-a-day basis. And BB, what is it with you and archaic games that don't play well? I didn't really like marathon... but I did take it to school today on a jump drive and make all my classmates jelouse Tounge Makes for a great traveling computer game.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:59 pm

CivBase wrote:I didn't really like marathon....

*more stabbing*

next thing you'll be saying you don't like Liero and panzer general Sad

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:47 am

CivBase wrote:It's perfectly safe. I have it and use it on a regular 5-hour-a-day basis. And BB, what is it with you and archaic games that don't play well? I didn't really like marathon... but I did take it to school today on a jump drive and make all my classmates jelouse Tounge Makes for a great traveling computer game.

Some of the oldest games play the best. Look at Halflife.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:13 am

Some old games I like, some I don't, just like new games. It just didn't look fun... oh, and Marathon's gameplay is nothing compared to H3
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:30 am

The moment Civ says he doesnt like panzer general he will suddenly....disappear.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:24 am

What's Panzer General?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Turn based WW2 game....and it's ancient. I've got Panzer General 2 and its awesome.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:19 pm

I asked a few BZ fans why they liked the game so much, here's what I got:

Story (as an extension of BZ1, hence, still waits for BZC), Modability

What makes the game so good? Well, the outstanding graphics for it's time (I mean, it was made in 1999), the incredible cross between Real Time Strategy and First-Person Shooter, the modablility, and just the overall awesomeness.

It was the first game that I ever sat down and finished.
Best gameplay of any game ever created.

And this one is straight from the mouth (well... keyboard) of the BZ communitys version of UNSC:

I can sit down at HALO and still slightly enjoy running rampant all over the AI even in 'insane' mode. Yes, they occasionally kill me and yes, I do things like run through an entire level using only the pistol, or only in 'stealth' mode (sneak attacks, hit them from behind), to make it challenging... but even then I'm still a God to the AI and they stand no chance. I get a slight thrill from this, but not much.
And, I've only played HALO for a few years.
I can sit down at BZ and play a mission for the hundreth time (literally, not kidding here) after ten years of playing, modding, and writing about the game and still feel a sense of awe at driving around in a biometal tank fighting Russkies on the moon, discovering Relics from an ancient, long dead race on Venus, and encountering the semi-sentient always-deadly Furies on Titan.
That sense of awe never goes away (hope to GOD it doesn't while I'm still vertical) and is the magic I keep talking about.
And it's got nothing to do with graphics, or gameplay (well, maybe a little at the cool intereface that's never been matched IMHO), but rather with the sum of the whole being more than the parts.
Love it...
-Av-
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:50 pm

Must. Get. Game. But. Computer. Is. Shit. Gah!
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:20 pm

More inspireing reports:
I still play BZII (and BZI) for the storyline (or at least the story's fantastical setting), the gameplay hybridity (fps+rts) and that sense of 'epic-ness' its large playing field offers. Due to RL, I don't play many games and the last game that gave me that 'sense of awe' and immersion (graphically, in addition to story) was Halflife 1. And the fact that I can sit on my ass for an hour or so to play BZII is a nice perk.

Before the invention of the computer and computer games, there were just games, New ones were invented all the time, few survived, You know the ones that did, chess, draughts, monopoly etc etc. Just making the box and pieces look really good was not enough, it was not even important...The GAME was what mattered.
BZ is a game and has a GAME. This cannot be said for allot of what fills the shelves of PC game stores, just nice boxes and pieces...generally all you need to be a winner is to be younger or faster than your opponent.
I am not young, my hands are damaged by rsi, but I can still kick teenage butt in BZ!

Every time I play the single player I love the graphics, the control of the units, the futuristic battles. There is no other game that immerses the player in battle like this one. I have so many games you'd get ridiculously bored if I listed them, I know video games. I'm a first person shooter fanatic, my brother bought me Call of Duty one year and he said he'd never buy me another game because I beat it in 48hrs. Battlezone 1 and II both have more than just first person shooter gameplay, it gives you elements of RTS gameplay and action gameplay all put together like no other game ever has.
I finally got a decent internet connection after about four years of having played the bz2 missions many, many times. When I did I quickly learned of G66, the attraction there is that no game is ever the same. The computer might attact with 6 maulers and 6 sentries, or maybe 6 warriors and 6 dragoon, or maybe Gorgons and sentries, or 5 Fury tanks at the same time as 2 Furies drop out of the sky and hit you hard directly on the Recycler, and many more, like appearing behind your base even though it doesn't appear to have a trail back there. I love the freakin' hell out of it and can't get enough, and am very lucky that my wife loves to play right along with me.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down