Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Announcement

+15
dragoon9105
laxspartan007
Rasq'uire'laskar
Avenged
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Rotaretilbo
Gauz
CivBase
Nocbl2
Vtrooper
KrAzY
Angatar
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Microsoft Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: Microsoft Announcement

Post by Avenged Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 pm

The name isn't bad.

I'm glad they introduced the console today because if they didn't then the E3 presentation would probably be 3 hours long. It seemed to me like the announcement was aimed at stockholders and not so much to the consumers.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue May 21, 2013 10:12 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/05/21/xbox-one-announced-what-to-make-of-microsofts-new-video-game-console/

Halo TV show seems interesting...

The name seems a little bit inane, though. As for the specs, I have the feeling they're being exaggerated. If they aren't, Microsoft will be selling at more of a loss than the 360, or they'll pull a Sony and jack up the prices on the consoles themselves. If they don't do the latter, they'll have to hike up the rates on XBL, or screw over devs for money (i.e. updates costing even more). Any way it goes seems bad for someone.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue May 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Can microsoft just take a moment to reflect on what they've done. They need a time out. Unacceptable, we had such high hopes a low opinion that we didn't think it could get lower.

Have you thought about a career change? It's not too late.

No but really, I'm just pretty much unimpressed. That's a bad bad thing when it comes to a new generation of console.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue May 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Microsoft Announcement - Page 2 Computer-Casings-Custom-Made
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue May 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Stand tall and proud, gentlemen! Remember, you are all fine specimens of the PC Master Race!

Die Tastatur... weg an!
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 am

I started playing games on a PC and haven't stopped yet.

That said, I still like consoles for a number of reasons, so I'm kind of disappointed from how things have gone. Neither of the consoles are bad... they just aren't good. I'm just not impressed.

When the 360 came out, I spent a vast majority of my time on it for the next five years. Aside from a few RTS titles, simulators, and god games, almost all of my new games were for the 360. I just don't see that happening with the XBox One.

I'll probably pick up one of them - unless the PS4 is significantly cheaper, it will probably be the XBox since I'm more invested in its franchise - but I just need a bigger incentive if I'm going to switch back. They lost half their core audience to PC at the end of this console cycle and unless they provide that incentive, I don't think consoles will have much more than the casual market to live off.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 pm

they focused less on a gameing console and more on an all in one, but when you do that you loose quality in specific sections like gameing...and thats all i want my console for sooo...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed May 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Well it already plays video games and they upgraded the hardware to play them better with new cpu, gpu, blue ray player and presumably RAM. What else do you want from them?

What quality was lost playing video games when adding the ability to watch TV on it? Did the 360 suffer during the port from xbox with the addition of netflix or creating a dashboard? What has been lost exactly?

As far as I see it Microsoft creating a console that has specs on it. It is up to the developers and game makers to create games. They make the console and add things to the console and it's dashboard since that's the xbox itself. The game makers make the games. Microsoft just buys/allows whoever to make games for it.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed May 22, 2013 10:28 pm

its a new console with better specs to play better games.... really all they can do at this point is to add social features and shit like that... they want this console to last 10 years...

honestly I dont think there will be consoles by the end of the lifecycle of this, I think that consoles and computers will have come so close to one another they are hardly distinguishable from eachother
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed May 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Steam box?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 am

Well to be some of the stuff they said afterwards (When they weren't being super ambiguous and confusing about the Used games and always online nature of the Xbox One). This was part 1 of the reveal, with part 2 at E3.

On a positive note, if they got rid of all this multi-media TV stuff most gamers don't care about now, what do you think will be at E3? As they're not going to repeat themselves. We should get a lot more focus on games there (Hopefully those 15 first party games they mentioned, if they aren't all kinect games).

My big worry is a lot of the features they touted are probably going to end up being a standard on most TV's in 3-4 years time. Panasonic already has a Smart TV that can recognize you and bring up your specific viewing favourites and watch list. Still early days, but you could see this making the Xbox One pretty irrelevant on that side mid-way into it's life-cycle.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Thu May 23, 2013 6:14 am

my big hope is for the new generation of consoles to allow more people in mutiplayer games, PC has gotten it up to like 100 people in some games yet console games still seem to cap at 16, maybe a few more in some games
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu May 23, 2013 6:45 am

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:my big hope is for the new generation of consoles to allow more people in mutiplayer games, PC has gotten it up to like 100 people in some games yet console games still seem to cap at 16, maybe a few more in some games

Well Xbox One has already confirmed that the friends list is up from 100 to 1000. And a lot of their talk about the server stuff and the talk about them after the announcement, makes it seem that player number caps should be higher this time, as it wasn't possible on the previous one due to having to be compatible with the original Xbox's architecture, and the addition of players broke the game.

PS3 was able to do MAG which I believe went up to 32, so I think both could at least hit that as a minimum. Don't know if they'd go all the way to 100, but I do think the cap will be larger than previously seen.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Thu May 23, 2013 6:56 am

you see, I'm not sure what people were expecting from a new console, bigger faster online play is all I can really see being needed, the old xbox hardware ran games with mindboggingly better graphics than what existed when it released.

its up to the software developers to make the new console work, the new console itself just needs to have the abaility to not hinder their actions, which judging from the previous xboxes it wont.

my only complaint of it is the name, which makes no sense
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 am

That Defiance game can run an MMO with pretty good graphics and gameplay out the gate of release with what I saw as over 50 players on screen, possibly more on the 360.

I don't think the problem with 360 is that it CAN'T run with more than 16-32 players, it's that they didn't WANT to. Shit gets hectic as fuck at more than that and they just haven't made games that play that way.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu May 23, 2013 8:43 am

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins. wrote:you see, I'm not sure what people were expecting from a new console, bigger faster online play is all I can really see being needed, the old xbox hardware ran games with mindboggingly better graphics than what existed when it released.

its up to the software developers to make the new console work, the new console itself just needs to have the abaility to not hinder their actions, which judging from the previous xboxes it wont.

my only complaint of it is the name, which makes no sense

Well, yeah, that's a given when you're going from 7-year old tech to more up to date components. I have my own minor things I'd like fixed, especially focused around the Silver Vs Gold account thing as Silver is worthless and Gold is only really a necessary to use the online features, while PS3's playstation plus is a much better deal as while you don't have to play for online play, for paying a subscription they give you discounts and early access to new content and give you free games.

I also hope they fix the "2nd Patches require you to pay microsoft money" issue, as some games, like fighting games always need fine tuning, and indie games suffer if there is a game breaking bug that they can't fix because of price (E.g. Fez). I also hope they can do away with the problem of not being to play online with people with a certain piece of DLC that you don't have, as it's a problem because patch sizes were restricted due to memory concerns (Because the 360 originally shipped with an option to only have a 64MB memory card, and still to this day as they can't tell how many people have a larger hard drive, patches are kept at the MB range.) and compatibility packs were a pretty inelegant way of solving that, as there not always easy to find on XBL marketplace, which has got harder and harder to navigate with every update.

Indie games section on the 360 was a complete disaster, because they were buried so deep in the system nobody found them, and the absurd choice to make every single one cost money really hurt them in the long run. It also didn't help that there isn't really that much quality management there either which has left to a lot of shitty avatar games and rip-offs of other games (There is a shot-for-shot copy of Slender on there).

I do agree about software, and going on their previous track record, Microsoft should be fine there, they have plenty of first party developers and this deal with EA should help them there, though to be fair EA said the same thing for the Wii U and after those first few ports have basically cut all ties to it and left it to rot.

My concern would be the over-reliance on Kinect voice commands, because some of the suggestions they had for it ended up sounding very similar to Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, and we all know how that turned out. Despite being nearly 3 years old now, Kinect has yet to really prove itself as a viable piece of technology in a standard triple AAA game, as all present attempts have been either complete failures or superfluous add-ons nobody used.

I also think the name is dumb. Any of the other rumored would of worked better than that. I hope they don't into the brand confusion the Wii U suffers as people think it's just an addition or something they already have.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu May 23, 2013 10:10 am

Vigil wrote:
PS3 was able to do MAG which I believe went up to 32, so I think both could at least hit that as a minimum. Don't know if they'd go all the way to 100, but I do think the cap will be larger than previously seen.

a little late here, MAG had up to 256 players in a match. But as LP mentioned it gets crazy after 16-32 players.

If you anyone is interested i can give a few situations in MAG that supported this.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Well it already plays video games and they upgraded the hardware to play them better with new cpu, gpu, blue ray player and presumably RAM. What else do you want from them?

What quality was lost playing video games when adding the ability to watch TV on it? Did the 360 suffer during the port from xbox with the addition of netflix or creating a dashboard? What has been lost exactly?

As far as I see it Microsoft creating a console that has specs on it. It is up to the developers and game makers to create games. They make the console and add things to the console and it's dashboard since that's the xbox itself. The game makers make the games. Microsoft just buys/allows whoever to make games for it.

you loose the time that could have been spent on working on other things, i never listed upgraded RAM CPU GPU or blue ray as BAD, but i have a TV, to watch TV, a computer, to go on internet and play games, id wrather a bad ass video game console than a pretty good all in one machine...

and the name "Xbox One" is suppose to go along with the xbox as an "All in One" machine...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 pm

All in one Machine.. So a PC?
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:All in one Machine.. So a PC?

Except not, because they aren't going for an all in one machine, they're going for an all in one living room media platform.

One thing they do need to do, is explain the whole used disc thing, but I feel that even if they do explain it barney style, people still will be wrong about it.

Basically xbox one games will be just like buying a blu-ray movie that comes with an itunes copy, right? Theres a license on the disc, and a license on your account. You only need one of the two to play. Which is a lot better than buying games now, you only get one license.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 am

Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat May 25, 2013 12:15 pm

That guy really doesn't like the Xbox One...
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat May 25, 2013 3:44 pm

http://joutei.tumblr.com/post/51331416496/nepetaquest-angelfire93-alright-if-youre-a

Interesting post I saw about Xbox One. I look forward to watching you all dissect it.

Last edited by PiEdude on Sat May 25, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat May 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Be better if that was a link or something we could see.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat May 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Read through it all and it's another very big post that points out all the Xbox One's alleged problems. I do agree those are some pretty massive flaws, but a lot of what is being said is still conjecture, and has not been confirmed as of yet (though to be fair several of them have).
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next