Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple to Sue Microsoft for misrepresentation in Ad

+20
Divine Virus
Gauz
tiny tim
KrAzY
Barbbachello
noir
Ukurse
BBJynne
Gold Spartan
Toaster
Yam Head
PiEdude
Death no More
czar
Rasq'uire'laskar
kslidz
Ascendant Justice
Lord Pheonix
Cheese
KristallNacht
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Apple to Sue Microsoft for misrepresentation in Ad Empty Apple to Sue Microsoft for misrepresentation in Ad

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:53 pm

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1468920/apple-sue-laptop-hunters-advert

lol wtf?

Microsoft barely misrepresents anything, if at all, while Apple's ads pretty much blatantly lie.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Apple to Sue Microsoft for misrepresentation in Ad Empty Re: Apple to Sue Microsoft for misrepresentation in Ad

Post by Cheese Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Bah ha ha. That's hilarious because Apple will clearly fair, regardless of whether it's pulled.

Hypocrite much?

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Apple to Sue Microsoft for misrepresentation in Ad Empty Re: Apple to Sue Microsoft for misrepresentation in Ad

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Apple will loose so fast Microsoft can finish in one day with a single lawyer lol.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:10 pm

If you listen closely you can almost here Microsoft laughing at Apple and its ridiculous accusations.

Lesson of the day: Apple fails.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:11 pm

wow that is so funny

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:41 pm

In case you guys haven't heard, Steve Jobs has a disfiguring scar where his heart tried to escape. That's why he always wears that turtleneck.

Microsoft is SO going to win this one. Their "paralegals" have more to do with "Paramilitary" than "Lawyer".
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 pm

XDDDDDDDD
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Apple will loose so fast Microsoft can finish in one day with a single lawyer lol.
lawl apple is full of bull shit, MS could just pull up one add and apple would shat their pants
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:54 pm

You've gotta be shittin' me.

I still want Microsoft to just send a hitman to Jobs' house.
I can't believe Bill Gates hasn't done it yet.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:48 pm

wow...
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Talk about misrepresentation...

Those apple ads actually managed to get the general public to believe Vista to be the most buggy, unstable operating system of all time. Even after the majority of compatibility issues were repaired with Service Pack 1, Apple STILL airs advertizements claiming that Microsoft hasn't put any effort behind "fixing Vista."

Furthermore, Apple's claims of having lowered the entry price of their laptops below that which is mentioned in the Microsoft commercials is hardly true. The lowest model Macbook, which includes a 2.13 GHZ processor, 9400m videocard, 2 GB of system memory, and a whopping 160 gigs of hard drive space, still costs 999 dollars. So, Apple, eat shit and die.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:49 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Apple, eat shit and die.
My god you are my hero
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 pm

ReconToaster wrote: Apple, eat shit and die.
QFT
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:53 pm

ReconToaster wrote: Apple, eat shit and die.

Quoting for truth from an Apple computer ;)

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:00 pm

lol its funny because the yalso say that all apples have fast processors.

which 2.13? wtf?

most PCs in the market beat that by a shit ton.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 pm

I have a Desktop Mac, and it is less reliable than my Laptop Vista. I also have a XP desktop and a XP Laptop, and the Mac is the worst of the four. So Apple should STFU if they don't know how to make decent Computers.

Maybe if they had spent their time fixing all their many mistakes instead of poking fun at the few ones that PCs have, then they could fix some of the own problems and maybe then their computers could be almost bare able. They call the PC a boring computer, yea, fucking retards, When was the last time I had fun on my Mac, never, they are beaten in every way by the Vista.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 pm

well in terms of comparing the two.

Apple still hasn't broken past 10% of the market. the rest are all PCs, with a good 45%+ of them being Windows based, if not more. (though i think that figure also counts servers, which are almost entirely linux-based.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:39 am

Ah, the eternal war over Mac vs. PC's - the simple answer is dual boot my friends ;)
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:41 am

noir wrote:Ah, the eternal war over Mac vs. PC's - the simple answer is dual boot my friends ;)

so I can have half my computer I never use?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:46 am

Lol, I spose; some of us don't play as many games these days tho, and prefer the more steamlined approach to media on macs; I use windows simply for games these days, because, well, OSX just works.
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbbachello Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 am

"A smart lawyer might also call into question Apple's own misrepresentation of PCs in its advertisements. If you believed Apple's famous "I am Mac, I am PC" adverts: Macs have embedded webcams, PCs don't; Macs don't have any security vulnerabilities, PCs do; Macs have all-in-one models, PCs don't; Macs make good home movies, PCs can't; Macs have better device support than PCs (despite supporting far fewer devices); Macs have automatic backup, PCs don't. And so on...." Favourite Part!

http://www.houseoftravis.net/jason/inspirational/holy-shit_fucking-awesome.jpg
Barbbachello
Barbbachello
Minion

Male Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:02 am

Barbbachello wrote:"Macs have automatic backup, PCs don't. And so on...."

I can set my PC to have auto backups. wit vista
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:25 am

and xp
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 am

all of my friends are getting MAC's for college.... when they tell me this I ask them "why?"

after they explain stuff they've obviously been told by either commercials OR by an Apple representative I ask them what specs they are paying for....

I put it this way for them.... for 1500 dollars you are buying a computer with an outdated graphics card, a third the memory of my computer the SAME PRICE, a monitor that doesn' have an HDMI port despite Apple saying theyre stuff is HD, and a processor that stopped being used in top of the line PC's 3 years ago...

then I point them at ASUS.... who make AWESOMETACULAR PC's and laptops
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:55 pm

ReconToaster wrote: Furthermore, Apple's claims of having lowered the entry price of their laptops below that which is mentioned in the Microsoft commercials is hardly true. The lowest model Macbook, which includes a 2.13 GHZ processor, 9400m videocard, 2 GB of system memory, and a whopping 160 gigs of hard drive space, still costs 999 dollars. So, Apple, eat shit and die.
Also... in the commercial where the person had to get a Mac for less than a thousand dollars, the other catch was that it had to have a SEVENTEEN INCH SCREEN. Which excludes the $999.99 Macbook.

I have Vista. I love Vista. And better yet...

MY MOUSE HAS TWO BUTTONS AND A SCROLL WHEEL THAT WORKS!
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next