Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Space 3

+10
A_Bearded_Swede
Rotaretilbo
dragoon9105
Gauz
Death no More
Angatar
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
Lord Pheonix
Vigil
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dead Space 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Dead Space 3

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Only time I get in any real trouble is from those cannibal things that rush in a group of a dozen.

Worse when you do a side mission and the final part is a hold your position part and a dozen of them show up along with all the other ones.....
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Only time I get in any real trouble is from those cannibal things that rush in a group of a dozen.

Worse when you do a side mission and the final part is a hold your position part and a dozen of them show up along with all the other ones.....

Yeah, they can be bit hairy, especially when they started mixing in the black version of those things.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:14 pm

They are the only things that could consistently kill me. So much so that I changed my weapon load out to specifically counter them. I got the electric bolga bol's or something similar to that name that was pretty much an electric pair of balls connected by lightning that would shoot through multiple enemies and usually take all their legs out. Very useful against the cannibal things and whenever you are backed up into a corner against anything else.

Think I had that on the bottom of my sniper and my other weapon was two planet crackers on one rig.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm struggling most against the black versions of the hatchet dudes, as they usually attack in mass and take a little too long to die as even when dropped on the ground, they take 3-4 shots, and they also sometimes randomly transform and keep coming.

I need to find a better loadout me thinks. I do have a force/shotgun hybrid which is okay at getting people of me but it fires a little too slow for my liking.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:24 pm

The bolga electric thing i was talking about is excellent. Also sniper rifle kills almost anything with a few shots if upgraded properly. I could load up my game and tell you my rigs if you wanted.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:The bolga electric thing i was talking about is excellent. Also sniper rifle kills almost anything with a few shots if upgraded properly. I could load up my game and tell you my rigs if you wanted.

I made something like that in the demo but it wasn't super great back then.

Sure, I'm browsing several sites for weapon builds to try and get a feel for something.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah my favorite thing was the military engine with a precision tip that was pretty much just a 1 shot kill weapon. I loaded the game on the crafting level thing where you can test weapons against monsters and I put it on insane and killed everything in 1 shot. It is upgraded with +3 damage in every slot but it was still insanely powerful during the campaign as well.

Also On the bottom was a Tesla Core with a compressor that shot the bola out that would tear the legs off of most enemies, if not it would stop them or push em back as I also attached a Electric charge attachment. All that is on a Heavy SCAF Frame.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Testing it in the lab right now.

Pretty good, though not a lot of ammo though.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:03 pm

All my upgrades were "+3 Damage +3 Clip"

Throughout campaign I used whatever + clip I could find on it, even if I had to use -1 damage +2 clip since the damage is so ridiculous that it doesn't matter.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:22 pm

I found it to be a little too much...call of duty-ish for most of the fights. Don't get me wrong there are still some creepy parts, just that a lot of fights are mobs. And more mobs. Lots of shoot, , stasis, reload, shoot, run, shoot, stasis, reload, etc.

Currently playing on Pure Survival mode right now and it definitely has its challenging points. Most noticeably in the beginning and I predict I may get raped when the black versions show up. Running with a pulse rifle/flamer and a plasma cutter/telemetry spike (rivet gun). Rivet gun is better at taking out legs at close range.

Might replace the pulse rifle with something else though. That military precision tip combo sounds like it may work wonders though.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 pm

When you first fight the unkillable Necromorph I thought was really cool.

Spoiler:
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 am

lol you think THATS bad? Theres a side mission later on with like 4 regenerators (live ones) stuck inside like...glass tubes or something, and theres a chest in the center of the room with goodies in it and youre like "ok these fuckers are gonna break out the second I touch that thing"

Then you get like 4 of them chasing you for the rest of the mission.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:40 am

Didn't say it was bad, just that I liked it and it was funny. I do remember the I think 3 regenerators chasing me. I completed every mission except the coop ones.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:45 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:lol you think THATS bad? Theres a side mission later on with like 4 regenerators (live ones) stuck inside like...glass tubes or something, and theres a chest in the center of the room with goodies in it and youre like "ok these fuckers are gonna break out the second I touch that thing"

Then you get like 4 of them chasing you for the rest of the mission.

Yeah went through that mission not too long ago. It wasn't too bad as I found a build that has made the plasma cutter much more like it's former self. With LP's gun and some stasis I just kept them on the floor and just breezed past them.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:48 am

Yep, same with me. Wasn't to challenging with my build. Only problem with it is against bosses with small weakpoints like the big thing that chases you like 3 times since it's weakpoints are on three stems that are incredibly difficult to hit with my rig since it shoots pinpoint instead of wide arc.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:58 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:Yep, same with me. Wasn't to challenging with my build. Only problem with it is against bosses with small weakpoints like the big thing that chases you like 3 times since it's weakpoints are on three stems that are incredibly difficult to hit with my rig since it shoots pinpoint instead of wide arc.

It's a bit easier with the Plasma cutter as you can angle that to make the shot spread on it, though the electric Bolas would be ok to use after a stasis.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 am

Yeah, that's why I kept the double Plasma Cutter with Planet Cracker Tips.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 am

Mkay, so I got the game with the Humble Origin Bundle for $1. So far, it's kinda meh. They just throw supplies at you. I'm playing on hard and have zero challenge since I have 20 first aid kits.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Mkay, so I got the game with the Humble Origin Bundle for $1. So far, it's kinda meh. They just throw supplies at you. I'm playing on hard and have zero challenge since I have 20 first aid kits.
1$ for DS3? That's a insanely great deal. I don't like how they did the ammo system in this game for the most part, sure its nice for all your weapons to use the same ammo but it makes stock piling it easy as fuck. At least in DS1/2 you would have to switch weapons periodically or risk using all your ammo for it when you might need a certain gun later.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3