Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Space 3

+10
A_Bearded_Swede
Rotaretilbo
dragoon9105
Gauz
Death no More
Angatar
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
Lord Pheonix
Vigil
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dead Space 3 Empty Dead Space 3

Post by Vigil Thu May 31, 2012 7:53 am

Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Dead Space 3 Empty Re: Dead Space 3

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu May 31, 2012 8:05 am

As long as Isaac Clark is there i'm cool.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Thu May 31, 2012 5:19 pm

fuck...need to play DS2
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu May 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Yes. Yes the fuck you do.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu May 31, 2012 6:06 pm

I heard of this a while ago...
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu May 31, 2012 6:23 pm

Hipster.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 am

That's interesting but I dont really care for the Co-op that much, if they have a bot following me around at all times even in single player ill murder everyone at visceral. The Graphic novel short is interesting, I just want to know why do they have a massive marker(even with the shroud on) in the middle of a city. Like its only the most recognizable religious icon and at that a top secret project.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 am

Seems like it's not to big a secret anymore.

This game could be set a few years in the future I suppose.

They did have protocols about what would happen if it's touched (knowing an EMP blast would happen) and he's with the government so it could be a military city of sorts built around the Marker to protect and study it whilst the scientist and soldiers families stay in the city.

Seems that the sensors were sabotaged so smart moneys on Unitologists.

If there is a second player bot then we're tracking down this guys family then you can expect flashbacks for Isaac and lots of sad sighs.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:31 pm

So...

Dead Space wants to stop being a horror game series and now step into the glorious light of 3rd person sci-fi cover based shooting.

Sweet!

Did I mention cover mechanics and assault rifles?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Links?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:44 pm

If you are playing single player then Carver isn't a bot following you around.

He drops in if you play two players.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Oh yeah, you reminded me, Co-op.

For survival horror.

Dead Space 3 N4f9dc012978ed
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:19 pm

What's wrong with co-op and survival horror?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 pm

I don't know if Arma II applies here.

That's a mod of some kind, so I don't know enough about it but i'm assuming your coop partner wont be replaced with an A.I.

When I heard Dead Space 3 and co-op I thought of RE 5 and how much of a success that was.

But really this game isn't even a survival horror anymore.

That mod is scary because it was subtle with the horror. Dead Space is very much not subtle.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Your Coop partner ISN'T replaced with an A.I.

I said that.

You are by yourself otherwise.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:09 pm

The point is, when has Co-op ever made survival horror better?

That Arma II game would be even scarier if you played it alone, I'm sure of it.

I don't think Co-op will at all add to the 'scariness' of a horror game, and therefore if it doesn't add to the fear, or subtracts from it (most likely), it doesn't have a place in the game.

It has a place in Dead Space 3 I guess, since it's not survival horror anymore.

NOTE: This does not mean I think that there'll never be a successful co-op survival horror game, no, that'd be very closed minded of me to say. I think there is potential for it's success and eagerly await the developer that perfects, I'm just saying Dead Space ain't it.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:24 pm

IF you don't want coop then don't fucking play it.

Don't see me bitching about features on Smash Brothers cause I don't plan on playing it.

"Man, this feature on the game that i'm never going to use and detracts absolutely nothing from my game experience RUINS the game!!!!"
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Your thinking of the DAYZ mod for Arma 2, Arma 2 is the most Realistic Military shooter in existence, and Day Z mod is scary beyond all hell.

And you guys seriously get scared playing Deadspace outside of the Jump Scares? Its a Survival Action Game Before Survival Horror. Survival Horror your big choice is fight or flight, Deadspace half the time you need to kill all enemies in a room if you don't want to have hell progressing to the next.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:44 pm

The first Dead Space was definitely a survival horror.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Dead Space does atmosphere really well. While the horror is also very visceral, the best scares in the game were the ones where no enemy appeared.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Dead Space does atmosphere really well. While the horror is also very visceral, the best scares in the game were the ones where no enemy appeared.

like when you pulled up the inventory or map and it sounds kinda like a necromorph.

That got me everytime in impossible difficulty
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm

The "horror" of Dead Space comes not from the jump scares, but from the intensity.

You find yourself just going "Shit, shit shit shit shit" the whole time as you run from 9000+ monsters.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:16 pm

The 5 minutes of gameplay we've seen so far has looked like all the other Dead Spaces so far, but with a 2nd person who will not be there for most of us.

I did not see anything about that fight in the drill room that indicated that this game was going to be more actiony than the others.

The ammo is going to be a single collective pick up, but a smart player only had 2 weapons and the only ammo that drops is ammo for the guns that you have in your inventory so they are just making shit simple there.

I have seen nothing that indicates this is any different than the other two games. And I am okay with that.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:The 5 minutes of gameplay we've seen so far has looked like all the other Dead Spaces so far, but with a 2nd person who will not be there for most of us.

I did not see anything about that fight in the drill room that indicated that this game was going to be more actiony than the others.

The ammo is going to be a single collective pick up, but a smart player only had 2 weapons and the only ammo that drops is ammo for the guns that you have in your inventory so they are just making shit simple there.

I have seen nothing that indicates this is any different than the other two games. And I am okay with that.

That Drill fight reminded me off that large Necromorph boss you fight where you have to blow up the pod above it with fuel canisters. Nothing out of the ordinary for the series.

Agreed. I always rocked two guns (Usually Plasma Cutter + Contact beam on Hardcore) So only using two weapons and picking up the ammo in one go is just simplifying it so I don't have to spend 2 minutes picking up ammo after a fight.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:57 pm

So did anyone besides me end up actually playing it?

If you played co-op then it played exactly the same as the other Dead Spaces. There was no co-op AI following you around, the necromorphs acted the same and most of the encounters with them were in rusted out spaceships or dark and decrepit buildings making it feel the same the other 2 games with the encounters in the snow not being as big a part of the game as the demo made it appear. That demo doesn't even happen until like mid game and even then the snow parts don't come in till like 5-8 hours of the game. And even when they did they were a new and cool addition to the series. I liked them.

The story was good and the addition of the humans felt like they belonged with the progression of the story along the trilogy unlike a game like Colonial Marines which it seems just tacted on and takes away focus from the real reason you bought the game (aliens in their case, necromorphs in ours). The fights against the Unitologists are not nearly as often as the necromorphs(i'd say like 5%) and are split up enough that it doesn't feel annoying or like they are choking you with the encounters. Plus remember our weapons. Isaac generally uses weapons that were designed to cut through steel plating of starships. Humans get dropped like calls on the sprint network in no time. No need to cut off limbs or have them survive multiple shots. Bullet to the face kills em.

The weapon customization is awesome and I enjoyed it. You can choose what kind of weapon you will make with a lower piece (plasma for example) and then add an upper to make it be an entirely different weapon (adding a repeater will make is an assault rifle plasma gun but adding another piece will make it a plasma cutter from the original game). Plus each gun can hold 2 lowers and uppers so each gun is 2 guns in one. On top of that you put those guns either on a light or heavy frame (one handed or two handed respectively) and it changes the gun completely making even MORE combinations.

There is universal ammo that you collect and will be used for every gun instead of individual ammos for every single kind of gun you have. I like it better this way honestly. And since you can have 2 different kinds of guns strapped to the one gun you are using you would constantly be out of ammo in one gun you are holding while the secondary gun on it would be empty just making it a cluster fuck to use. I like universal ammo better for this game. Individual was okay and worked for the other games but universal just works better for this one.

DLC was short though. I finished it in like 1 1/2 - 2 hours. It felt more Dead Spacey as DS3 had like 0 parts of Isaac just losing his shit and going crazy where the DLC was just 2 hours of it. Was okay though.

So in the end all the people bitching about "waaaah, the completely optional co-op that in no way effects my single player experience in the slightest ruined this game" and thinking the atmosphere was ruined because of it were morons who jumped to conclusions. This game had good atmosphere and a lot of decent scares. What's really bad is that you'll be walking through an abandoned building and seeing the grates the necrosmorphs jump out of just everywhere in the room and especially in rooms that will look like a big fight and you just keep expecting it and expecting it......

And then they never come. Puts you on edge the entire game.

What's worse that that is every single elevator has the grate in it for a necromorph to come out of and jump you so you spend every ride in the corner with your gun trained on the spot for it to land when it finally comes down into the space to murder your face and then
Spoiler:
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down