Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO?

+11
Kasrkin Seath
Vigil
Angatar
KristallNacht
A_Bearded_Swede
Rasq'uire'laskar
Lord Pheonix
Gauz
Nocbl2
dragoon9105
CivBase
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO? - Page 3 Empty Re: Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO?

Post by Nocbl2 Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 pm

OH GAWD why my lord whyyyy
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO? - Page 3 Empty Re: Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO?

Post by CivBase Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm

CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed May 09, 2012 11:23 pm

.....and the developer company that's making it has literally never made a game before.......
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 am

This
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 am

Yep, that looks like a MMO.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 am

Not an Elder Scrolls fan, but it's a pretty good-looking MMO.

Oh. Perks.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm

shouldn't that just be called "introduction to another generic mmo that no one is going to play"?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Not an Elder Scrolls fan, but it's a pretty good-looking MMO.

Oh. Perks.
I agree. A pretty good looking MMO.

It'll take more than being better than WoW for me to care, though. I'm really not a big fan of the classes, meta game, and lack of interactive objects. It just seems to have lost many of the FUN aspects of Elder Scrolls games.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm

thats because its not elder scrolls...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Anything could make a good MMO if done right, except for maybe first person shooters.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Ringleader wrote:Anything could make a good MMO if done right, except for maybe first person shooters.
http://www.planetside2.com/

So far, it's my favorite of all MMOs.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Well, that.

I meant something based on an FPS, like a COD or a Halo MMO, maybe. You could probably have a Planetside-style Halo or COD MMO all the same, I guess there really isn't a limit on it, a Halo MMO that plays like Planetside would be pretty sweet, with Scarabs and Spartans and whatnot.

IF done right, and that's a pretty big IF.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Yah. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of limitations. For example, the vehicle handling in Planetside is pretty bad and there aren't any interactive world objects.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 pm

I haven't played planetside at all but i've watched a bit of it including a few livestreams and its entertaining as hell seeing how the battles play out.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 am

Ringleader wrote:Well, that.

I meant something based on an FPS, like a COD or a Halo MMO, maybe. You could probably have a Planetside-style Halo or COD MMO all the same, I guess there really isn't a limit on it, a Halo MMO that plays like Planetside would be pretty sweet, with Scarabs and Spartans and whatnot.

Planetside was one of the biggest inspirations for the Halo MMOFPS that I drafted some time ago. Don't think they could to a CoD MMO, though, since CoD is focused on very small, infantry engagements on tiny maps.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:

Planetside was one of the biggest inspirations for the Halo MMOFPS that I drafted some time ago. Don't think they could to a CoD MMO, though, since CoD is focused on very small, infantry engagements on tiny maps.

Despite the fact they are doing a CoD MMO in China.

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/07/activision-announces-free-to-play-call-of-duty-online-for-asian-markets

It'll be interesting to see what Aerospace turns out to be as that was hinted at being a MMOFPS.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 am

Vigil wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:

Despite the fact they are doing a CoD MMO in China.

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/07/activision-announces-free-to-play-call-of-duty-online-for-asian-markets

It'll be interesting to see what Aerospace turns out to be as that was hinted at being a MMOFPS.
Bungie Aerospace?

You mean this?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 am

Bungie is becoming a Publisher? for Mobile Devices? The Fuck? don't they have a contract with Activision for all their Sweat and Tears for the next few years?

dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 pm

F2P an MMO does not make.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Bungie is becoming a Publisher? for Mobile Devices? The Fuck? don't they have a contract with Activision for all their Sweat and Tears for the next few years?

I assume it doesn't stop Aerospace. And Activision is just the publisher for Destiny, not the owner.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:

F2P an MMO does not make.

global agenda is F2P and they did good enough on it to make a second F2P game
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I never said F2P was bad or anything. I just wouldn't consider F2P as the only qualifier necessary to consider a game an MMO.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Bungie is becoming a Publisher? for Mobile Devices? The Fuck? don't they have a contract with Activision for all their Sweat and Tears for the next few years?

Yes, but not for other people's Sweat and Tears.
Somebody at Activision probably got a pair of concrete shoes for that oversight.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

And in MMO trailer tradition, they've released a 5 minute CGI trailer that has nothing to do with the game but shows people fighting each other in super awesome ways. Also the Beta is out.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm

I really want the guys who made all the trailers for the Star Wars MMO and the guys who made the Skyrim MMO trailer (if it's not the same guys) to make a full feature film on fucking anything already.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next