Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO?

+11
Kasrkin Seath
Vigil
Angatar
KristallNacht
A_Bearded_Swede
Rasq'uire'laskar
Lord Pheonix
Gauz
Nocbl2
dragoon9105
CivBase
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO?

Post by KristallNacht Mon May 07, 2012 11:07 pm

also EVE was out 3 years before wow...

maybe if they managed the world like APB does, where you can connect to 1 of like...100 instances of the city, so you can always be in low population.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO?

Post by CivBase Mon May 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Is EVE really that old? I didn't know that. Guess that was a bad example, then. Still, you get what I'm saying.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon May 07, 2012 11:21 pm

yeah most people forget that lol

guild wars and eve are both older than wow
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Guild war's original team was made of people working on WoW but left due to not liking the direction the game was heading. Thats why GW holds no monthly fee and tries to make combat more interesting by limiting what the player can do more akin to an RPG.

And yea Eve is pretty Old.

Also you can have the 500 Player cap for the whole of Temriel but the thing is over one hundred people in once city is rediculous. They should hold the same leveling style as in the game (Morrowind and Skyrim not Oblivion) Where the higher up or the farther away you go from the cities the worse the dungeons get. It feels just arbitrary to make Morrowind the level 50 area, Skyrim the level 40, Cyrodil a level 30, ect ect, that makes no sense at all.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Maybe make the towns bigger?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue May 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Considering each Elder Scrolls game had a good 7 or 8 cities, I think we can assume there will be 40 to 50 cities in all. That means that instead of 100 people per city, there will only be a dozen or so.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

People would just Migrate to the Capitol cities in each province, and thats assuming they bother to include every city, which they very well might not.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

I spent nearly all my town time in whiterun in skyrim...even when i had a house in markarth...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue May 08, 2012 9:39 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:People would just Migrate to the Capitol cities in each province, and thats assuming they bother to include every city, which they very well might not.
Those should probably be made bigger than previous games, then. Especially the Imperial City.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

KristallNacht wrote:I spent nearly all my town time in whiterun in skyrim...even when i had a house in markarth...
Whiterun is the best city of all the cities in all the Elder Scrolls games. Evar.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 pm

You're definitely confusing Whiterun with Anvil
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue May 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Your both wrong

Balmora is the best city, ever.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed May 09, 2012 5:18 am

I remember a mine of something being close enough to Balmora that I completely ruined their entire economy.

*edit*

Raw Ebony.

Was a bitch to travel with it since it weighs 10bls per unit.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed May 09, 2012 6:35 am

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749

All the stuff about the game in the Game Informer article.

I'm totally not interested now.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed May 09, 2012 6:50 am

"It needs to be comfortable for people who are coming in from a typical massively multiplayer game that has the same control mechanisms, but it also has to appeal to Skyrim players."

Red Flag there.

Why is always against an ancient evil?

Why is up and coming evil never powerful enough to do shit?

Gotta give some credit to the self starters out there. Not everyone could have started their evil reign hundreds of years ago.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Wed May 09, 2012 9:50 am

Meh. From what I have read so far, I'm just going to go with GW2 if I play an MMO.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed May 09, 2012 9:58 am

Yah.... they're going after WoW. Sad...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 am

"As such, the game uses a hubless design
For example, you don't necessarily pick up a quest to do the following, but if you kill all the necromancers in an undead barrow, a shade you free at the end will reward you.
However, to help you find these events, various NPCs you talk to will tell you where they are happening and put a marker pointing them on your map, which is obviously totally different than receiving a quest."

"They want the AI to be good, so instead of enemies in a dungeon sitting around and waiting to be pulled, you will be attacked by the entire room and they will try to react to how you are playing
-The claim was not demo'ed to Game Informer."

"The game uses MMORPG genre standards such as classes, experience points, and other traditional MMORPG progression mechanics, but they try to present it "around the core fantasy presented by traditiona Elder Scrolls games" such as traveling around and righting wrongs or seeking riches"

Um... You know, I might not have played an Elder Scroll game since Morrowind, and that was years ago, but I seem to recall classes like "Theif" or "Barbarian", not Healer, Tank, and DPS.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Wed May 09, 2012 10:52 am

Of course they will share class names with elder scrolls, The thing is the classes in elder scrolls whouldnt (and wont) fit correctly, A witchhunter is essentially a spellsword built around killing mages. A Nightblade is a magic assassin, ect ect.

The only Classes that elder scrolls have that fit into a generic spot are knight, Priest, Archer/Assassin, Rouge, Mage and Battlemage. But thats 1/4 the classes you can be (before you decide to say fuck it and make your own) in morrowind and Oblivion.

MMO's generally try to punish anyone who tries to Multispec instead of just picking a skilltree and sticking with it. The Elder scrolls games don't work like that, hell its encouraged to round your character so he doesn't behave like an MMO class so you don't enter a dungeon and go "Oh crap i have no self heal ability" or do a quest in town and go "I have no speechcraft, well this is going to be tedious"

Also

"This time, saving the world from the awakening of ancient evil is only the beginning. What happens when hundreds or thousands of prophesied heroes all think that they should be Emperor?"

the Lore says who the emperor was, he is called Talos, Cool guy, he gave me a coin back in the day. This would have fit more for, i don't know an expansion for Skyrim since you know, dark brotherhood questline.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed May 09, 2012 11:06 am

y'know they're going to fail when they're trying to open up the fanbase to other MMOs.

They'd be more successful by specializing an MMO for the skyrim fans. No one is going to stick around in a wow clone, but elder scrolls fans will stick around in an MMO built for them.

that's basic marketing.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed May 09, 2012 11:28 am

They started with an existing MMO (obviously WoW) and tried to turn it into an Elder Scrolls game instead of taking an Elder Scrolls game and trying to make it into an MMO.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

that's pathetic
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed May 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Thread Title wrote:Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO?

Wouldn't Skyrim Make a Good MMO? - Page 2 Outlook-not-so-good
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Wed May 09, 2012 4:00 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Rouge
Goddamn commies, invading my Elder Scrolls.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed May 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Oh Lord Pheonix....

fucking furries will be all over that shit with the cat people and lizardfolk.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next