Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support Me

+8
Vigil
Ringleader
Vtrooper
Nocbl2
KristallNacht
RX
Lord Pheonix
JumpingJet
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Support Me - Page 2 Empty Re: Support Me

Post by tiny tim Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:24 am

JumpingJet wrote:
Education:

Have Secondary Schools and Colleges sponsored by Local Businesses to secure work for Graduates.

Many Graduates leave School or College into the world of work. Currently, the world of work is very competitive making it hard for young people to get a job.

Having Schools and Colleges sponsored by Local Businesses means that Graduates have a direct link into work based on the topic they have studied.

The local businesses can also provide pre-employment training as part of the school curriculum to get Graduates straight into work.

That last part sounds a lot like ROP(Regional Occupation Program) classes. Not sure if you have those in GB so I'll elaborate. They are classes you can take in school that allow you to actually work at a job site and gain experience with a job. Usually this is technical, but it can range anywhere from sanitation plant operation, TV Broadcasting, or Game Design.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:28 pm

tiny tim wrote:
That last part sounds a lot like ROP(Regional Occupation Program) classes. Not sure if you have those in GB so I'll elaborate. They are classes you can take in school that allow you to actually work at a job site and gain experience with a job. Usually this is technical, but it can range anywhere from sanitation plant operation, TV Broadcasting, or Game Design.

Those don't exist in the better part of my state to my knowledge. Remember that this is the US, don't expect to find the same programs everywhere in the nation.

NT wrote:
Doesn't this get in the way of the purpose of the allowance in the first place, SEEKING A JOB. Being forced to put time into community service and find community service jobs takes time away from actually getting a job.

I don't see how a measly ten hours of community service a week is going to keep them from finding a job. Most people getting assistence are typically unemployed for at least a month. Unless they are a lazy ****, they should be able to check every business within a thirty minute drive(or other form of transportation available) and still have time for ten hours of community service.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 pm

but factor in the time required to find those 10 hours of community service, actually getting it documented properly.

the 10 hours is more practical for those getting a more full on welfare type allowance. unless that is what 'job seeking allowance' is.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2