Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best Anime EVAR!!!!

+22
mcz
Lord Pheonix
Death no More
BanjoSamurai
Indecisive One.
Maeve
Ukurse
RX
Felix
Nocbl2
dragoon9105
Kasrkin Seath
Onyxknight
BBJynne
Rasq'uire'laskar
A_Bearded_Swede
Gauz
JumpingJet
R!zZle BiZzl£
Divine Virus
Rotaretilbo
KristallNacht
26 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

best Anime EVAR!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by BanjoSamurai Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:03 pm

FMA and Code Geass
BanjoSamurai
BanjoSamurai
Minion

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 am

Just started watching Black Lagoon.

It is rather amazing. The characters are all written splendidly, especially Revi.

It's a story mostly about pirates. We're introduced to the world from the perspective of a japanese business. The Everyman-type. But, as much as it appears he's the main character, he's much more of a framing device. The relatable outside view to the sadistic female that is Revi. From even just the first 5 episodes, I can tell she is by FAR one of the deepest characters in any anime I've seen (and that includes Asuka from Eva).
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Full metal alchemist is by far my favorite.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 pm

I got some Manga that'll fuck your head up.

Haven't watched Anime in quite a while though (gotta sit down the full time for an episode when I can put manga down and wait)

Got some real good shit there that surpasses Elfen Lied in fucked-upery.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Well quit beatin' around the bush LP and lay'em on us!

(giggity)
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:59 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:I got some Manga that'll fuck your head up.

Got some real good shit there that surpasses Elfen Lied in fucked-upery.
...so, they released House of Leaves as a Manga?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 pm

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

I actually haven't ever watched it, but I think i'm going to b/c of this:
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Suzumiya Haruhi kinda sucks tbh
I appreciate it for trying to put every genre possible into the same show, and for having a super awesome character (yuki), but it's kinda...............
Let's just say that a lot of the characters are fucking annoying, and the plot is so weird and not in a good way that sad face happens

The music was nice tho
Super Driver, God Knows (not sure if this was made for the show or not, cause I've seen it elsewhere), Kentai Life Forever, and even Hare Hare Yukai are fun songs

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 pm

JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this anime. I wish I still had satellite so I could watch it on Adult Swim again...
I am a State Alchemist on a different forum about Fullmetal Alchemist (Called the Risembool Rangers) I'm the Water-Dragon Alchemist. (Don't ask, I was like, 14 when I came up with a title Razz)
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:06 am

I actually started watching it from the begining. It's on NetFlix. Along with some of the 'Brotherhood' episodes.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Brotherhood sucks imo...
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:37 pm

The original is by far the best.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by mcz Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Rurouni kenshin, pokémon, Berserk!, Cowboy Bebop and recently Highschool of the dead
mcz
mcz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Because this wouldn't be the internet if someone didn't say it: Boku no Pico.

MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:05 pm

So today I've decided to get ahead of the curve and necro a fun thread in the debate section before someone else necro's an awful bitter thread that no one really wants to talk about again.

It's been a year or so and I've watched a lot more anime in that time. I imagine others have similarly expanded their list of anime watched, so let's talk about favorite anime again.

Death Note: I will always enjoy Death Note for its theme and pacing. The anime always managed to keep you guessing about what would happen next and how Kira and L/N/M would handle it when it did. It was interesting, and while the plot had brief lapses into the convoluted, it was overall a very solid anime. It was a shame to watch Kira consumed so easily by pride, however.

Rurouni Kenshin: One of the most interesting elements of the whole anime is the idea of the protagonist having to overcome all of his obstacles without killing anyone. Rurouni Kenshin has a great mix of action and drama, and while there is romantic tension, it isn't waved in your face for four hundred fucking episodes like some anime.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: What can I say, I'm a bit of a sadist, and the gore and paranoid elements of this anime really appealed to me. Some of the end themes felt cliche, but all in all, the anime was a real mindfuck that I enjoyed trying to figure out.

Azumanga Daioh: I'm going to be honest. When my friend suggested this anime to me, I had my doubts. From the cover of the disc case I was lent, the anime looked like a cliche high school harem anime. However, one thing bugged me: there were no male characters on the cover anywhere. I couldn't have been more wrong about the theme. Azumanga Daioh is what is called a "slice of life" anime. There is no overarching conflict, no romantic tension, or anything like that driving the plot. It's just a series of short, interconnected skits about some girls in high school, and it is some of the funniest shit on Earth. I'm still hard pressed to pick a favorite between Chiyo, Osaka, and Sakaki.

Trigun: In a lot of ways, Trigun is the same anime as Rurouni Kenshin, except with guns and shorter. It was a really great anime.

Hare Nochi Guu: In one respect, I feel like I didn't appreciate Hare Nochi Guu as much as I could have, because it's primarily a parody anime, and I watched it quite some time ago. Only going back and watching various episodes have I begun to pick up on the widespread parodying. However, despite this, Hare Nochi Guu was quite funny, and also really trippy.

Elfen Lied: There is something about the simultaneous juxtaposing of hypergore and nudity with a happy-go-lucky bubbly girl who makes cute cat noises. Especially when these are the same characters. The plot was, at times, hard to follow, mostly because of the episode constraints imposed on the makers (the manga could easily be a 52-episode anime), but it was still a really enjoyable ride. We saw a lot of character development in the few characters we got to follow.

Avatar The Last Airbender: Avatar is definitely among my favorite animes. It was simultaneously safe and appropriate for children while occasionally exploring rather dark themes. I mean, the main character travel's to his old home and discovers that his entire town has been wiped out, even finding the skeletal remains of his mentor, and blames his own absence and powerlessness for their deaths. That's pretty heavy for something Nickelodeon developed. Avatar had amazing pacing, and even better character development. There was romantic tension in the background, but it didn't really come to the forefront until midway into the anime. The anime balanced humor and depth very well, and the action sequences were interesting and surprisingly fluid.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Probably my all-time favorite anime, TTGL is an anime of paradox. It is an anime that is both ridiculous and over the top while simultaneously being grounded in science and logic. It is an anime that is both very humorous and very serious. The development of the protagonist, especially right in the middle (episodes 9-11), is mind blowingly spectacular. I just love this anime to death.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 pm

I too very much enjoyed Azumanga Daioh. Especially when they visit Okinawa. I actually went to the cat island after I saw that episode. And yes it is full of cats.

Recently I've watched Clannad (super sad) and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya (she is Lord Pheonix).

I'm still waiting on season 2 of Panty and Stocking, or of course, an english dub.

And as for anime movies, Voices of a Distant Star, and The Place Promised in Our Younger Days are excellent.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but My Bride is a Mermaid is a brilliantly funny single season show.

Also, if you like Highschool of the Dead, you'll probably enjoy Hyakko Ryuran......I feel like I'm fucking the name up.....but it's pretty entertaining.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:01 pm

KristallNacht wrote:I too very much enjoyed Azumanga Daioh. Especially when they visit Okinawa. I actually went to the cat island after I saw that episode. And yes it is full of cats.

Recently I've watched Clannad (super sad) and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya (she is Lord Pheonix).

I'm still waiting on season 2 of Panty and Stocking, or of course, an english dub.

And as for anime movies, Voices of a Distant Star, and The Place Promised in Our Younger Days are excellent.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but My Bride is a Mermaid is a brilliantly funny single season show.

Also, if you like Highschool of the Dead, you'll probably enjoy Hyakko Ryuran......I feel like I'm fucking the name up.....but it's pretty entertaining.

My bride is a mermaid has two seasons I thought
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakousho, and Cowboy Bepop will forever remain best anime. FMA is a close fourth.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
My bride is a mermaid has two seasons I thought

only 16 episodes.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Anyone ever watch Samurai Champloo?

I think I'm halfway through with it, and its pretty good...
Well, yeah, there's fanservice involving one of the main characters, who is underage, but hey. It's Japan.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Was pretty good from what I remember on Adult Swim.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:59 am

I'm about 2/3 of the way through Deadman Wonderland, and I've quite enjoyed it. It's a nice change of pace from all of the lighter anime I've been watching of late.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 am

I generally read manga online instead of watching it. Usually get more of it.

Few of em are the animes you've all mentioned like Deadman Wonderland, Elfen Lied(both anime and manga though. Manga has some crazy number like 200 something), Beelzebub(hilarious I think. They set up all the fights like any other japanese thing with them seeming like the toughest challenge yet then the good guy pretty much ALWAYS one shot punches them with no effort case he's fucking badass. Also probably the most evil of all the people he's fighting. Is funny), and a few others.

Tengen Toppan Gurren Lagaan holds a special place in my heart always though. Not sure if they even came out with Manga for it. Don't care if they did. I don't want to ever have to make the decision of what might be better than TTGL and have to put down the manga since nothing can live up to the show. Ever.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm

oh, and the new Evangelion movies are badass. It's a great reimagining with lots of new plot.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum