Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach 2.0

+34
Offensive Bias
Cheese
squirrelboy
A_Bearded_Swede
TNine
Death no More
Carcarius
KristallNacht
Zaki90
dragoon9105
Gold Spartan
KrAzY
tiny tim
Felix
Avenged
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ruski
BBJynne
PiEdude
Ascendant Justice
Dud Doodoo
Onyxknight
Angatar
Lord Pheonix
Rotaretilbo
Vtrooper
Vigil
Carlos Spicyweiner
Ukurse
Divine Virus
Gauz
Ringleader
Nocbl2
CivBase
38 posters

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Halo: Reach 2.0

Post by Ruski Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:11 am

Onyxknight wrote:
Ruski wrote:S-III's couldn't have even been on Reach, so it's breaking even more canon then if Halsey knows about them as well.

I think a couple books are being rewritten to acommidate for this

The fact is though Onyx, why would you establish canon over many years and then rape it? Wouldn't it make more sense to just not rape what you have established instead of just rewriting everything? It just becomes annoying and another way to profit for them.

Anyways, the matter of the fact is that it is breaking already established canon. Gamma company, the only company to be sent out near the timeframe of Reach, was sent out weeks after the Fall of Reach.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:23 am

Well at least it is not going the comic book route and sticking to canon but being really really really stupid

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:32 am

That doesn't mean they had to be lazy with the storytelling and compromise the integrity of the universe they have previously established...

It wouldn't be too much of a hassle. There are several people on this site alone who could probably rewrite the story so that it properly respects established canon.

I'm extremely excited for the game, from what I've seen it looks to be amazing. That doesn't however mean that we cannot point out flaws in the game (and yes, violating the established canon makes the universe less integral, therefore less believable. It is a big deal) , and it doesn't mean you have to defend it by trying to convince us other parts of the game are good. Trust me, we know.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:36 am

We can only hope it's an alternate universe even though that's just a bad excuse

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:That doesn't mean they had to be lazy with the storytelling and compromise the integrity of the universe they have previously established...

It wouldn't be too much of a hassle. There are several people on this site alone who could probably rewrite the story so that it properly respects established canon.

I'm extremely excited for the game, from what I've seen it looks to be amazing. That doesn't however mean that we cannot point out flaws in the game (and yes, violating the established canon makes the universe less integral, therefore less believable. It is a big deal) , and it doesn't mean you have to defend it by trying to convince us other parts of the game are good. Trust me, we know.
I understand this, its just i believe they may simply like this storyarc(may have used the wrong word) better than the previous canon. and with rewritting previous books they can incorporate said changes without much controversy.(which may not work but who knows)
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:08 am

Avenged wrote:We can only hope it's an alternate universe even though that's just a bad excuse

That's my excuse for Halo Wars.

It's like a Bizzario universe we're everything sucks

Razz
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 am

Oh yeah, someone in the Bungie Universe forum pointed out the opening cutscene said July 24th....

The battle started on August 31...
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:12 pm

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368100,00.asp

LEAKED!!!!OH GAWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi0YFM0hKE0

Some people got REACH fully without having to buy the 1250 price tag. OH SHITT! And they put videos!

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:46 pm

You guys keep talking about Bungie breaking cannon... what cannon? If Halsey didn't know about the S-IIIs (like I explained a few pages ago), then what are they breaking?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:17 pm

CivBase wrote:You guys keep talking about Bungie breaking cannon... what cannon? If Halsey didn't know about the S-IIIs (like I explained a few pages ago), then what are they breaking?

The only known S-III's (Gamma Company) that were shipped out close to Reach's timeline were shipped out after it fell.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Civ, did you miss that video where HALSEY GOES OVER THE BIO OF ALL OF NOBLE TEAM!?!? Because if so, it's a few pages back.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Hay, Rot i think this may explain the whole Emiles helmet delema
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Vtrooper wrote:Hay, Rot i think this may explain the whole Emiles helmet delema
So you're WHOLE DEFENSE for Emile's helmet is a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER who is wearing a MASK?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:18 pm

No it is explaining how it works and uses that as an example to help you better grasp the concept

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:
So you're WHOLE DEFENSE for Emile's helmet is a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER who is wearing a MASK?

no i found it on bungie.net and thought it could help, wait WTF the spiderman shit come from, dumb ass bungie.net goers
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Civ, did you miss that video where HALSEY GOES OVER THE BIO OF ALL OF NOBLE TEAM!?!? Because if so, it's a few pages back.
Nope

CivBase wrote:
--[Cortana]--
Jorge, Noble 5.

--[Halsey]---
It's good to see him home again.

--[Probably Halsey, sounds like her]--
But the fall of Reach will weigh heavily upon him, and this mission will test every last ounce of his strength.
Cortana and Halsey are narrating, but it doesn't sound like it's from the game. She's referencing events that haven't happened yet. At this time they thought that Noble Team was investigating a simple strike force, so there's no way they could even foresee the battle itself much less the outcome.

It's just Vi-Doc narration, not in-game material. Bungie's version of a fancy introduction.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Ruski wrote:
CivBase wrote:You guys keep talking about Bungie breaking cannon... what cannon? If Halsey didn't know about the S-IIIs (like I explained a few pages ago), then what are they breaking?

The only known S-III's (Gamma Company) that were shipped out close to Reach's timeline were shipped out after it fell.
Ahem.

The Spartans in Reach are NOT Gamma Company.
And as per Evolutions, Spartan III's were being farmed out to other projects, not just suicide missions.

As for Halsey, if the vidoc is canon, then she probably wasn't involved with the Spartan II G-II program (If it exists). I mean, she isn't Cortana, she doesn't know EVERYTHING. It's possible that she had them under a roster as Spartan IIs.

I mean, come on! Does that narration REALLY sound like someone who's been following them for twenty-five years, or someone who's familiarizing themselves?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Cortona isn't talking in the vidoc... only Halsey... They have the same voice because they are the same brain
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm

KrAzY wrote:Cortona isn't talking in the vidoc... only Halsey... They have the same voice because they are the same brain

that seems logical, she is really talking to Anti Dot, Nobles AI so they say, it is the blue dot on the screen we see, which is why i guess her name is Anti Dot
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Vtrooper wrote:
KrAzY wrote:Cortona isn't talking in the vidoc... only Halsey... They have the same voice because they are the same brain

that seems logical, she is really talking to Anti Dot, Nobles AI so they say, it is the blue dot on the screen we see, which is why i guess her name is Anti Dot
Auntie Dot, not Anti-Dot. That be like saying I have an AA gun that blows up the first dimension.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:
Vtrooper wrote:

Auntie Dot, not Anti-Dot. That be like saying I have an AA gun that blows up the first dimension.

IM AUTISTIC, DON'T TEST MY 6th GRADE GRAMMR!!!
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:13 pm

That's probably the stupidest example I've ever seen. Being able to see through the eyes in that could be for any number of reasons. Namely, the stitching is probably done in such a way that when you're up close, you can see through it, but not when you're far away, like a screen door.

CivBase wrote:Cortana and Halsey are narrating, but it doesn't sound like it's from the game. She's referencing events that haven't happened yet. At this time they thought that Noble Team was investigating a simple strike force, so there's no way they could even foresee the battle itself much less the outcome.

Might want to go rewatch that. It starts with "the Covenant have come to Reach and we're super fucked." And then Halsey reviews each of their bios. I'm pretty sure she even refers to them as Spartans a couple of times. Not to mention that if she's seeing their files, she knows they're wearing MJOLNIR Armor, which, in case you forgot, is so powerful that it kills non-enhanced wearers. Marines can't wear MJOLNIR.

CivBase wrote:It's just Vi-Doc narration, not in-game material. Bungie's version of a fancy introduction.

You mean Bungie's version of a fancy DESTRUCTION OF ALL THAT IS GOOD!

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Ahem.

The Spartans in Reach are NOT Gamma Company.
And as per Evolutions, Spartan III's were being farmed out to other projects, not just suicide missions.

I can believe that there were Alpha Company survivors, even though Kurt watches each individual transponder die off, but Beta Company survivors are unforgiveable. There were two, and they waited for some time before leaving. There were no other survivors.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:As for Halsey, if the vidoc is canon, then she probably wasn't involved with the Spartan II G-II program (If it exists). I mean, she isn't Cortana, she doesn't know EVERYTHING. It's possible that she had them under a roster as Spartan IIs.

Ghosts of Onyx makes it pretty clear that S-II G-II was canceled in favor of the S-III project.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:I mean, come on! Does that narration REALLY sound like someone who's been following them for twenty-five years, or someone who's familiarizing themselves?

The point being that knowing about them at all is bad.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
CivBase wrote:Cortana and Halsey are narrating, but it doesn't sound like it's from the game. She's referencing events that haven't happened yet. At this time they thought that Noble Team was investigating a simple strike force, so there's no way they could even foresee the battle itself much less the outcome.

Might want to go rewatch that. It starts with "the Covenant have come to Reach and we're super fucked." And then Halsey reviews each of their bios. I'm pretty sure she even refers to them as Spartans a couple of times. Not to mention that if she's seeing their files, she knows they're wearing MJOLNIR Armor, which, in case you forgot, is so powerful that it kills non-enhanced wearers. Marines can't wear MJOLNIR.

CivBase wrote:It's just Vi-Doc narration, not in-game material. Bungie's version of a fancy introduction.

You mean Bungie's version of a fancy DESTRUCTION OF ALL THAT IS GOOD!
I think you entirely missed what I was trying to say. This isn't stuff that's in the game, it's just advertisement. It's kinda like their ODST videos with Johnson narrating.

Halsey is referencing the fall of Reach in the video. At that point in time, they didn't even know Reach was going to be attacked, much less destroyed. I'm passing it off as narration until I see it in the game.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:51 pm

But Johnson in the ODST commercials was purely for comic sake, and also to advertise that you could play him in firefight if you bought the special addition or whatever that was.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:04 am

the ODST commercials also were produced by 343 studios... not by bungie.... Bungie wouldn't have spent time on making a model for Halsey if she wasn't going to be in the game... they would have just used the voice and let people think it was cortana talking
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next