Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach

+39
Zaki90
MrX
Ruski
CivBase
KristallNacht
Elabajaba
noir
TYFIGHTER
Barbbachello
Offensive Bias
A_Bearded_Swede
Prasheed
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Angatar
TNine
Onyxknight
Death no More
Vigil
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Ziggy
Nocbl2
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Rasq'uire'laskar
JB
Felix
Cheese
Gold Spartan
XNate02
Vtrooper
Gauz
Divine Virus
43 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 39 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Ringleader Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 am

Divine Virus wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:/disccusion on that
But how can he see what's going on!?

At all? Really? Nothing?
No, no, and no.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 am

I honestly don't get what the big deal is.

Very Happy

It's a game. Play it, or don't play it. Simple as that Very Happy
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 am

Just a question: Who said anything about driving in space? Halo 2 had a section that was kinda in space... maybe it's something like that, but even further. Could be pretty cool with the Jetpack armor ability.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:47 am

CivBase wrote:Just a question: Who said anything about driving in space? Halo 2 had a section that was kinda in space... maybe it's something like that, but even further. Could be pretty cool with the Jetpack armor ability.
The gameplay video showed the Sabre being flown.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:47 am

Gauz wrote:It does change the fact that Bungie has basically said
"We don't care about our real fans, so much as we care about pleasing a different group of people for $$$"

Sure it looks good, but it's not practical and some people find it silly.
Other people find "badass" things and super mega explosion action to be cool.
And to quote yahtzee "...and some people also find fat people sexy..."
Razz sorry about that last line
And you interpret that from one helmet? Hahahaha. Bungie hasn't abandoned anybody. If you let something as little as a helmet get that deep into your skin that you refuse to enjoy the experience entirely, then there's hope for you. And your no different then those people who find fat people sexy. Your, one of them.

Razz

XNate02 wrote:I honestly don't get what the big deal is.

Very Happy

It's a game. Play it, or don't play it. Simple as that Very Happy
Some people find fat people sexy I guess. Razz

Last edited by Divine Virus on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 am

CivBase wrote:Just a question: Who said anything about driving in space? Halo 2 had a section that was kinda in space... maybe it's something like that, but even further. Could be pretty cool with the Jetpack armor ability.
Have you been living under a rock?

On the Sabre:
So what? If it has rocket boosters, shields, and barrel rolls, so what? As it has been said before, I'd like to say 1) ITS A FUCKING GAME 2) Shields, boosters and barrel rolls don't change the storyline of Halo at all.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:01 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:That's just the point, Rock. With all my imagination and knowledge of the Haloverse, there is NO explanation for why a Spartan would scratch the fuck out of his helmet or how he would see through it, having done so. The very tenents of basic physics dictate that a scratch made with a crude cutting tool like a kukri cannot magically be one-way seethrough. Period. Full stop.

Just thought I add my little two-cents here...

If a scratched helmet is the worst thing to complain about, is it really worth complaining about? I understand that as we are HUGE halo fans, but there is a point where you let things go. This (I feel anyway) is one of them. I mean, there are far grander things that don't make sense in a lot more things anyway.

Anyway, if you want to complain about something, I would complain about how there were so many sabers. I mean, I can understand 2 maybe even 4 (for co-op) but my god, everyone seemed to be using a saber in the space battle.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:42 am

To be honest if the main two problems are a scratched helmet and a space ship, that isn't much I'd get up in arms about.

Compared to Halo Wars' problems, with the Spartan Lasers, the plasma Rhino, the inclusion of the Flood, the cyclops, The Spartans being MIA, the cryo bomb etc.

You see it's no where near as bad.

Hell there was complaints Pre ODST, and that turned out to be one of the best Halo games for quite a while.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Dud wrote:Small details are what fuels the canon, they should be of the utmost concern to the writer. These small details make the setting believable and interesting. When the new material contradicts and disregards the established canon, the setting loses it's integrity and the atmosphere collapses. The universe becomes less believable and, at least to me, the game therefore loses a large portion of it's appeal.

You really don't care do you? Oh to hell with physics, the helmet looks cool and that's all that matters! Oh to hell with canon! The game will look pretty and have nice explosions!

Bungie's in it for the money now, it's why they're still making Halo games. They're milking it for all it's worth, and thank god this is the last one. It should've ended with Halo 3, but no, they continue to make ODST which was mediocre.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:11 pm

There are things I would list under 'Creative and artistic license.'

If you had read my last two posts you would have seen I don't like Emile's design. But I tolerate it as there are better things to look at then the design of one character you don't like.

If you truely think that, you are a fool. Bungie have made 4 games and one expansion game for halo over the course of 10 years. Call of Duty has made 6 in 5 years. If they were milking it, they would have continued to make games as fast as they could, not spend over 3 years per game to finish them. And they wouldn't have said this is their last and signed a deal with Activison.

ODST was the best game since Halo 2. It was smething different from the norm and it brought back some old ideas that would badly needed. It's story was a hell of a lot better than Halo 3's and it was a more personal one, looking at one squad during one day.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:17 pm

I agree with what Vigil's saying.

They tried something different in ODST and it overall worked very well.

Now they're doing the same with Reach, and it seems that it's going to work out.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:22 pm

I've heard this hollow 'Oh company X has totally sold out and their milking Franchise X now, they don't care about the fans anymore and their catering to the bayspolions crowd blah blah blah' BS argument and it pisses me off, as you presented NOTHING to support that and it sounds like your reading of a teleprompter.

That argument has been used against virtually every developer I can think of, and most time it comes of as stupid and hollow as you just did.

If you're going to hate, hate intelligently.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Vigil wrote:I've heard this hollow 'Oh company X has totally sold out and their milking Franchise X now, they don't care about the fans anymore and their catering to the bayspolions crowd blah blah blah' BS argument and it pisses me off, as you presented NOTHING to support that and it sounds like your reading of a teleprompter.

That argument has been used against virtually every developer I can think of, and most time it comes of as stupid and hollow as you just did.

If you're going to hate, hate intelligently.
Agreed. Same with the ODST price thread. I thought the story of ODST was awesome, even though the entirety of New Mombassa should've been asploded and chucked through Slipspace.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Vigil wrote:

ODST was the best game since Halo 2. It was smething different from the norm and it brought back some old ideas that would badly needed. It's story was a hell of a lot better than Halo 3's and it was a more personal one, looking at one squad during one day.
Hell of a lot different? The story maybe, but the gameplay and graphics didn't change at all. The rookie levels were a tiny bit boring at times. The main thing that I hated was attempt to put "stealth" in the game. Yeah brutes can't see you from 300 yards, but really? They added "night vision" + night fighting, silenced weapons, and many areas to hide in. Yet.... you so much as shoot a single brute with a single silenced bullet, and every covenant within 2 miles knows your position. The story was short and not worth the money at all, firefight got old quick, and I already own Halo 3 and all the map packs.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Why are you guys judging this so soon? Why don't you wait until you play the final game and then make your complaints.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:

Hell of a lot different? The story maybe, but the gameplay and graphics didn't change at all. The rookie levels were a tiny bit boring at times. The main thing that I hated was attempt to put "stealth" in the game. Yeah brutes can't see you from 300 yards, but really? They added "night vision" + night fighting, silenced weapons, and many areas to hide in. Yet.... you so much as shoot a single brute with a single silenced bullet, and every covenant within 2 miles knows your position. The story was short and not worth the money at all, firefight got old quick, and I already own Halo 3 and all the map packs.
ODST was worth it to me. I didn't have all the maps, so... yeah. And I thought the story was great. Never saw the Dante's inferno reference till I saw it online Razz.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:

Map Overworld
Could do the missions in any order
Return of the life bar
VISOR
Firefight
Story

Graphics didn't change? Hey genius it was a made in a year using the same engine and was billed as AN EXPANSION TO HALO 3. Of course it looked the same. Gameplay was the same because that's the core of halo. Besides I'd expected it to play much like Halo 3 and it did.

Stealth was more about evasion then attacking, much like the other games. Firefight was fun with friends and with it's inclusion in matachmaking this time around it's going to be even better.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Vigil wrote:Firefight was fun with friends and with it's inclusion in matachmaking this time around it's going to be even better.
And customization. Don't forget customization! Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:03 pm

And my box! Don't forget about my box!
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:03 pm

XNate02 wrote:And my box! Don't forget about my box!
Oh mah god, how could I forget! ROFL
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Vigil wrote:

Map Overworld
Return of the life bar
VISOR
Firefight
Story

Graphics didn't change? Hey genius it was a made in a year using the same engine and was billed as AN EXPANSION TO HALO 3. Of course it looked the same. Gameplay was the same because that's the core of halo. Besides I'd expected it to play much like Halo 3 and it did.

Stealth was more about evasion then attacking, much like the other games. Firefight was fun with friends and with it's inclusion in matachmaking this time around it's going to be even better.
The rookie sections got boring quick when you're tyring to get to those missions, because all of New Mombassa looks EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME!! Getting lost in the city trying to find the next objective was nothing new to me halfway in the game.
Return of the life bar was a good idea, if playing on a higher difficulty. Otherwise you're still the same tank you were in Halo 3.
VISOR isn't that much to get excited over... it made the rookie sections easier to hide in. Or rather... made New Mombassa visible, which sucks. In the dark I can at least imagine new mombassa as a less boring city.
Firefight... oh firefight. You were fun for a while, and still are sometimes with friends. But the lack of matchmacking with it just killed it. That and the lack of people who actually freaking play it. I did play it with friends, and got bored after a couple matches. Nazi zombies, horde, much better.
The story is a bit iffy, the rookie sections sucked, and I hated the vehicle section, but some were okay. The side story in the game was the only thing keeping me from falling asleep and having a brute patrol kill stumble upon me.

All in all, it really seemed like Bungie was making a firefight module and accidentaly put a story to occupy the player some more and make the game worth more. Another thing, what is it with bungie and characters who don't talk beyond "Ugh!" or "Oof!"? How original...

The big seller for ODST was the promise of the Reach beta. I'll admit, the reach beta was fun (because it was multiplayer and not story), but... most other games give free demos of their games to their tageted fan group. I know what a beta is and how it's different from a demo, it's still the same though.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:

Map Overworld
Return of the life bar
VISOR
Firefight
Story

The rookie sections got boring quick when you're tyring to get to those missions, because all of New Mombassa looks EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME!! Getting lost in the city trying to find the next objective was nothing new to me halfway in the game.
Return of the life bar was a good idea, if playing on a higher difficulty. Otherwise you're still the same tank you were in Halo 3.
VISOR isn't that much to get excited over... it made the rookie sections easier to hide in. Or rather... made New Mombassa visible, which sucks. In the dark I can at least imagine new mombassa as a less boring city.
Firefight... oh firefight. You were fun for a while, and still are sometimes with friends. But the lack of matchmacking with it just killed it. That and the lack of people who actually freaking play it. I did play it with friends, and got bored after a couple matches. Nazi zombies, horde, much better.
The story is a bit iffy, the rookie sections sucked, and I hated the vehicle section, but some were okay. The side story in the game was the only thing keeping me from falling asleep and having a brute patrol kill stumble upon me.

All in all, it really seemed like Bungie was making a firefight module and accidentaly put a story to occupy the player some more and make the game worth more. Another thing, what is it with bungie and characters who don't talk beyond "Ugh!" or "Oof!"? How original...

The big seller for ODST was the promise of the Reach beta. I'll admit, the reach beta was fun (because it was multiplayer and not story), but... most other games give free demos of their games to their tageted fan group. I know what a beta is and how it's different from a demo, it's still the same though.

Yeah a map overworld tends to do that. The map overworld in Crash Bandicoot 3 was boring, as all I did was run about to my next mission, BECAUSE THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE THING.The rookie is there to lead you to your next mission. Hmm a city looks the same, well that's never happened before? OH WAIT IT HAS IN EVERY SINGLE GAME SET IN A CITY. That's why you have a map you can access at anytime Gauz. I'd like to see you melee a hunter and win on ODST on normal. VISOR added depth to the stealth mechanic and in dark city it helped at a lot. Besides, you don't have a motion sensor, so it made picking up on enemies, especially camoed brutes easier.

Hence why I said the improvement of matchmaking this time round was a good thing.

Story's a mystery plot with the Rookie(Or More specifcally YOU) finding out what happened to your team. Vehicle sections are a core part of the Halo experience. I enjoyed them personally. Sadie's story was awesome.

If I have to fucking explain the point of a silent protagonist one more goddamn time I am going to pull out my eyes with a rusty fork so I have to read it anymore.

Valve have done it for years. Gonna bitch them out too?

Last edited by Vigil on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:

Map Overworld
Return of the life bar
VISOR
Firefight
Story

I have one thing to say about this, if you would please look to the bolded section, you do realize that you had objective markers and a map right? The game gave you objective markers and your map and said "Here you go", gave you a tap on your ass and sent you off. How did you get lost?
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Vigil wrote:
Yeah a map overworld tends to do that. The map overworld in Crash Bandicoot 3 was boring, as I did was run about to my next mission, BECAUSE THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE THING.The rookie is there to lead you to your next mission. Hmm a city looks the same, well that's never happened before? OH WAIT IT HAS IN EVERY SINGLE GAME SET IN A CITY.
At least those cities, Liberty city, Stillwater, had something to DO.
Vigil wrote: That's why you have a map you can access at anytime Gauz. I'd like to see you melee a hunter and win on ODST on normal. VISOR added depth to the stealth mechanic and in dark city it helped at a lot. Besides, you don't have a motion sensor, so it made picking up on enemies, especially camoed brutes easier.
I'm trying to navigate an empty city not find the lost city of Bablyonia or some shit like that! I shouldn't have to pull my map out every couple minutes because I made a wrong turn into a courtyard that looks like a carbon copy of the last 3 courtyards I navigated through. True it's easier to die somewhat and you're not as strong, so the hunters were a bit of a challenge. They were more annoying than challenging rather, because avoiding their moves were super easy, even if two were attacking you.

Vigil wrote:
If I have to fucking explain the point of a silent protagonist one more goddamn time I am going to pull out my eyes with a rusty fork so I have to read it anymore.

No, I haven't played Half-life.

Whatever reason they put him in there for doesn't make his sections any less boring.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Yeah a map overworld tends to do that. The map overworld in Crash Bandicoot 3 was boring, as I did was run about to my next mission, BECAUSE THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE THING.The rookie is there to lead you to your next mission. Hmm a city looks the same, well that's never happened before? OH WAIT IT HAS IN EVERY SINGLE GAME SET IN A CITY.
At least those cities, Liberty city, Stillwater, had something to DO.
Vigil wrote: That's why you have a map you can access at anytime Gauz. I'd like to see you melee a hunter and win on ODST on normal. VISOR added depth to the stealth mechanic and in dark city it helped at a lot. Besides, you don't have a motion sensor, so it made picking up on enemies, especially camoed brutes easier.
I'm trying to navigate an empty city not find the lost city of Bablyonia or some shit like that! I shouldn't have to pull my map out every couple minutes because I made a wrong turn into a courtyard that looks like a carbon copy of the last 3 courtyards I navigated through. True it's easier to die somewhat and you're not as strong, so the hunters were a bit of a challenge. They were more annoying than challenging rather, because avoiding their moves were super easy, even if two were attacking you.

Vigil wrote:

No, I haven't played Half-life.

Whatever reason they put him in there for doesn't make his sections any less boring.

Halo: Reach - Page 39 Picard12

I honestly can't believe how brain numbingly retarded you are. Go play some Metroid and maybe you'll get the idea.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next