Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple

+5
JB
Divine Virus
MrX
KristallNacht
CivBase
9 posters

Go down

Apple Empty Apple

Post by CivBase Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 am

Things that I like:
  • The original iPod. You know, back when it was a milestone in the portable music device market. Back when it was the best.
  • iTunes. It has accumulated an unsurpassed library of music and is price effectively and affordably.
  • The iPhone. Though it's had some problems with getting decent service providers, it has far more features than the average cell phone (and even some "smart phones") and the Apps store was a great idea.
  • The iPod Touch. While it may just be an iPhone without the phone (or camera... but I'll let that slide), it is cheaper and with the apps store, wi-fi, huge screen, and high memory capacity, it is an amazing portable music device.
  • Garageband. It's a great program that not only records and remixes music, but can even teach you how to play it. It efficiently accomplishes what would otherwise take two or three other programs to do.
  • Safari Mobile. It is the best mobile browser I've ever used. Sad, cuz it's still missing so much. Seriously, I want a mobile browser that supports Flash, even if it does kill the battery - that's what external battery packs are for.

Things I hate:
  • Apple's version of MS Office. Seriously, it just sucks. I suppose it's just a way for Windows to convert Mac users... but still, couldn't Apple at least develop a great word processor? Those are programs necessary for just about everyone who uses a computer.
  • iTunes. Yah, I hate it too. DRM and lack of support for any portable music device other than an iPod have finally alienated me from using iTunes as my preferred music player - not to mention the constant spam from Apple begging me to download iPod support and Safari.
  • Every iPod between the original and iPod Touch. They didn't add anything useful to the previous product, were overpriced like hell, and were easily outdone by other music players. Unfortunately, the popularity of the iPod pushed all other competition out of the spotlight.
  • Safari. For an actual compute, the browser plain sucks. It's almost as bad as IE. Almost.
  • The iPad. Okay, the iPad is the biggest load of BS I've ever had the displeasure of seeing in the technology market in a long time. Such a marvelous piece of hardware... that they just RUINED by using a phone's operating system instead of an actual computer. And, of course, it's priced FAR more than it's worth. Really, it's just a bigger version of the iPod Touch with 3G Internet tacked on. What made the iPod Touch cool was that it was hand-held and mobile. And as cool as the app store is for the iPhone and iPod Touch... it is not the future of technology. I see no reason for this device to even exist... yet so many people fall for it... it just sickens me.
  • Macintosh. I know, I know, and I honestly don't think Macintosh is a bad operating system. However... the only thing about the operating system itself that I see going for it is that it is easy to use for anyone who doesn't know too much about computers. That... and it is the only OS that supports Garageband. Other than that, though, I cannot think of a category where Windows is superior or, at least, equal.
  • Why don't Macs have a program like MS Paint? It may be crap, but some sort of image editing program is important to have if for no other reason than to resize, crop, or reformat.
  • The computer hardware. Apple makes crappy hardware for its Macs and prices it much higher than its actual value. I checked at Best Buy and a Mac desktop with slightly lower specs than a PC cost nearly three times as much. And for what? A shiny, white monitor with a built-in CPU and no way to insert another drive, a see-through mouse with only one button, and a tiny little keyboard that's more uncomfortable than my cell phone's qwerty? That's a ripoff if I ever did see one.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Apple Empty Re: Apple

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:01 am

not to mention that, aside from the ipod, Apple just releases copies of other technology and makes it look hip.

The ipod being that it was far superior to every other music player of the time.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:24 am

also the fact that all mac items are like 90% inbred annoys me as in the fact there is problems with using mac keyboards with a pc (obviously there is a fix but you have to download some stuff for it)
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:29 pm

I like to eat apples.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:40 pm

I hate how every time they bring out a "new" Ipod touch/Iphone they take away something that was on the previous model, add something the previous model didn't have and throw in an extra gig of space and throw the price up another 50-100 bucks, and call it the "next best thing". What I really don't understand is how people keep falling for that and calling it inovative...
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Apple has great customer service, but if you're good with computers you don't need that.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:20 pm

I hate how all these people think that if it's released by apple, it must be good. The people calling the IPad the Kindle killer need a reality check. The Kindle not only has more books, but they're cheaper, it's battery life is longer, and you can actually read it in sunlight. On top of that, it's half the price of the IPad and not an oversized phone that you can't call people on. While it doesn't have a touch screen, you can at least read on it. I've hated Macs since their PC vs. Mac ad campaign, so I refuse to get one.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 am

TNine wrote:Apple has great customer service, but if you're good with computers you don't need that.

which is a further non issue by the fact if you are good with computers, you won't have an apple computer.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:45 am

Mac being easier to use for newbies isn't really true, either. My mom bought an iMac and was so thoroughly frustrated with trying to use it that I had to physically stop her from throwing it off our balcony (so that she could get her money back, of course).
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Meh. MY Mac is fine, and works perfectly. Does what I need it to do. But Apple does RIDICULOUSLY overprice their tech.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 am

finally someone does a video phone....too bad its apple...and that its limited to wifi since AT&Ts network is far too shitty to be able to handle video chat or even provide more than 15% of the nation with the 3Q required to that.......assuming AT&T used 3G instead of the epicly fail EDGE...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Does anyone else find it hilarious that when Verizon points out how terrible AT&T's 3G coverage is, AT&T responds by pretending that it misheard and feigns insult when pointing out its basic service covers 97% of America?
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

doesn't Verizon's 3G reach like 90%? lol

while AT&T has like 15%....
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:16 pm

KristallNacht wrote:doesn't Verizon's 3G reach like 90%? lol

while AT&T has like 15%....
Yeah, Verizon is actually better. The majority of my friends have Verizon.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down