The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 am

But that article is from the 2nd day of the trial....fag
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Angatar on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 am

I know, moron.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Pirating is bad.. m'kay?

Honestly... lets say you made some awesome game, but since no one wnated to pay for it they all pirated it, thus you went bankrupt while the asshole who stole the game sits comfortably at home posting in an internet forum.

btw, thats not aimed at anyone here.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by CivBase on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Pirating is bad.. m'kay?

Honestly... lets say you made some awesome game, but since no one wnated to pay for it they all pirated it, thus you went bankrupt while the asshole who stole the game sits comfortably at home posting in an internet forum.

btw, thats not aimed at anyone here.
Well... if they're posting in an internet forum, they're not playing the game. And if they're not playing the game when they got it for free, odds are they wouldn't buy the game in the first place. Besides, something like that would never happen (as 95% of our population can't figure out how to open MS Word unless there's a desktop shortcut or button in the start menu).

_________________
The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by thane321 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:17 pm

CivBase wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:Pirating is bad.. m'kay?

Honestly... lets say you made some awesome game, but since no one wnated to pay for it they all pirated it, thus you went bankrupt while the asshole who stole the game sits comfortably at home posting in an internet forum.

btw, thats not aimed at anyone here.
Well... if they're posting in an internet forum, they're not playing the game. And if they're not playing the game when they got it for free, odds are they wouldn't buy the game in the first place. Besides, something like that would never happen (as 95% of our population can't figure out how to open MS Word unless there's a desktop shortcut or button in the start menu).

i thought he meant the asshole was the person who put it on the web.

only thing i have realy pirated is a few songs of limewire.

i now have a better program. it's legal ^-^
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Location : in ur mugz absorbin ur drinkz
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Limewire is legal, it just sucks
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by PiEdude on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:15 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Limewire is legal, it just sucks

No it's not:
Wikipedia wrote:Limewire is illegal
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Vigil on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:15 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Limewire is legal, it just sucks

Not in the U.K.

_________________
The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Viggy
The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Gold Spartan on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:18 pm

May Sweden lock these bastards in jail and throw away the key.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:38 pm

KristallNacht wrote:But that article is from the 2nd day of the trial....fag


I posted word of the dropped charges on the front page. The charges weren't dropped because the Pirate Bay guys are winning the case, the prosecution dropped the charges in an effort to simplify them, and to have a better case. They decided to focus on one aspect of their scum so as to have a more streamlined, efficient strategy.

I agree though, the good guys are not gonna win this fight. People get away with murder all the time.

NT wrote:Games:
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Assassin's Creed
CoD4
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Homeworld 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Rome: Total War
Supreme Commander
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield
GRAW2
Spore
Left 4 Dead
Unreal Tournament 3
Mechwarrior 4


I'm sorry, are those the games you've pirated? With that, I will no longer even take notice of the whole "I only pirate games I wouldn't buy" bullshit. With games like Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Rome: Total War, Sins of a Solar Empire, and CoD-4 on there, i cannot possibly believe that you "never would have bought" those games.

I also, from now on, completely dismiss the whole "I pirate games to try them out" lie, as you have Left 4 Dead on that list. I realize that you have since purchased it, but for Christ's sake, it had a demo.


Last edited by ReconToaster on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by PiEdude on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:41 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:But that article is from the 2nd day of the trial....fag


I posted word of the dropped charges on the front page. The charges weren't dropped because the Pirate Bay guys are winning the case, the prosecution dropped the charges in an effort to simplify them, and to have a better case. They decided to focus on one aspect of their scum so as to have a more streamlined, efficient strategy.

I agree though, the good guys are not gonna win this fight. People get away with murder all the time.
*cough* TOBACCO COMPANIES!*cough*
(sea wut I did thar?)
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm

ReconToaster wrote:I posted word of the dropped charges on the front page. The charges weren't dropped because the Pirate Bay guys are winning the case, the prosecution dropped the charges in an effort to simplify them, and to have a better case. They decided to focus on one aspect of their scum so as to have a more streamlined, efficient strategy.

Did you read the article I posted? It actually addresses how the prosecution is trying to make it look like it's their decision and not their fail that caused it.


I'm sorry, are those the games you've pirated? With that, I will no longer even take notice of the whole "I only pirate games I wouldn't buy" bullshit. With games like Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Rome: Total War, Sins of a Solar Empire, and CoD-4 on there, i cannot possibly believe that you "never would have bought" those games.

I also, from now on, completely dismiss the whole "I pirate games to try them out" lie, as you have Left 4 Dead on that list. I realize that you have since purchased it, but for Christ's sake, it had a demo.

I purchased CoD4 after beating the campaign. L4Ds pc demo stopped working the day the game was released (aka the day AFTER i got the demo). While I waited to get the money, I pirated it to enjoy it and prepare with Solo gameplay (its designed for Co-Op so its not even the same game).

The only games I have serious gametime on are CoD4 and EVE online, both of which I PAYED FOR.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:33 pm

PiEman wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:Limewire is legal, it just sucks

No it's not:
Wikipedia wrote:Limewire is illegal

lern2notfail

Limewire is perfectly legal, as are the possession of hacking tools.

If you have sharing enabled on Limewire, you are doing an illegal act, which is being facilitated by limewire.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:49 am

NT wrote:lern2notfail

Limewire is perfectly legal, as are the possession of hacking tools.

If you have sharing enabled on Limewire, you are doing an illegal act, which is being facilitated by limewire.

Lets not be a semantic fucktard. Sharing on Limewire, the activity that Limewire was built to support, is illegal.

NT wrote:Did you read the article I posted? It actually addresses how the prosecution is trying to make it look like it's their decision and not their fail that caused it.

And where did you get that article? Oh, that's right, "Torrentfreak.com"
I smell a hint of bias.


NT wrote: L4Ds pc demo stopped working the day the game was released (aka the day AFTER i got the demo).

Which was the widely known plan from the beginning. I don't see how you not being in the loop is at all justification for pirating a game. And did you really even need to "try it out" first? It's a Valve game, first of all, and if you'd actually been paying attention to it before its release, you should have had enough of an idea about it to judge whether or not to get it.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 am

Not everyone judges things because they are made by valve toaster, and l4d got repetitive quick.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:14 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:Not everyone judges things because they are made by valve toaster, and l4d got repetitive quick.


You had the console version right? bounce
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:24 pm

ReconToaster wrote: Lets not be a semantic fucktard. Sharing on Limewire, the activity that Limewire was built to support, is illegal.

HAHAHA WOW, you're dumb. THE SHARING is illegal, whether you are using limewire, Vuze, bittorrent, bearshare, that doesn't matter, if you're sharing it's illegal. If you are only acquiring, its pretty much legal no matter what the content is.


Which was the widely known plan from the beginning. I don't see how you not being in the loop is at all justification for pirating a game. And did you really even need to "try it out" first? It's a Valve game, first of all, and if you'd actually been paying attention to it before its release, you should have had enough of an idea about it to judge whether or not to get it.

What part of "while I waited to get the money" do you not understand?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:36 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:Not everyone judges things because they are made by valve toaster, and l4d got repetitive quick.


You had the console version right? bounce
Yes, and then I pirated the PC version in hopes it was better. It wasn't.

I'm not saying it was bad, I LOVED it when I started playing it, but there was soo much wrong with the game and you had the same experience no matter how many times you played it.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Dud wrote:there was soo much wrong with the game and you had the same experience no matter how many times you played it.


There is not "so much wrong with the game." You just had the wrong impression that the zombies would be more realistic.

NT wrote:HAHAHA WOW, you're dumb. THE SHARING is illegal, whether you are using limewire, Vuze, bittorrent, bearshare, that doesn't matter, if you're sharing it's illegal.

I understand that Sharing is illegal NT, that's what I was trying to explain to you. You were arguing semantics, just as you are now. You are trying to make it look as if we are arguing that the filesharing software that Lime Wire uses is, in itself, illegal.

When we refer to limewire, we are referring to the illegal activity that it is used for. We say "Lime Wire" because it takes a shorter period of time to type.

It's sad that I'm having to explain this to you. I know you're smart enough to have understood it in the first place, but instead you've attempted to make me look like an idiot by twisting my words.

NT wrote:If you are only acquiring, its pretty much legal no matter what the content is.

By "pretty much legal," I think you mean that, while it violates the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act," it is barely enforced.

It is still illegal.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Recon, considering the beginning of the limewire talk was "I don't use limewire since it's illegal, I have a new program!" Limewire itself was being considered illegal.

And by Pretty much legal, i mean certain filetypes are affected. Leeching is PERFECTLY legal under the DMCA.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by MrX on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:42 am

PIRATE BAY FTW!!!!
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:22 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Dud wrote:there was soo much wrong with the game and you had the same experience no matter how many times you played it.


There is not "so much wrong with the game." You just had the wrong impression that the zombies would be more realistic.

NT wrote:HAHAHA WOW, you're dumb. THE SHARING is illegal, whether you are using limewire, Vuze, bittorrent, bearshare, that doesn't matter, if you're sharing it's illegal.

I understand that Sharing is illegal NT, that's what I was trying to explain to you. You were arguing semantics, just as you are now. You are trying to make it look as if we are arguing that the filesharing software that Lime Wire uses is, in itself, illegal.

When we refer to limewire, we are referring to the illegal activity that it is used for. We say "Lime Wire" because it takes a shorter period of time to type.

It's sad that I'm having to explain this to you. I know you're smart enough to have understood it in the first place, but instead you've attempted to make me look like an idiot by twisting my words.

NT wrote:If you are only acquiring, its pretty much legal no matter what the content is.

By "pretty much legal," I think you mean that, while it violates the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act," it is barely enforced.

It is still illegal.
More realistic? I never mentioned anything about realism. The special "zombies" simply took the fun out of the game, I want to kill zombies not get pulled off my position by a giant tung, or smashed into the ground by some huge monstrosity, or raped, ect. The graphics, while not necessarily bad, looked bad. In fact, they looked terrible. I hate the source look, and it didn't work for a zombie game.

I don't like how the infection is already over, and it's just you v zombies. If I was to make a zombie game, I would certainly have civilians or survivors all over the place that can get infected, making you decide if you want to go through to effort to get them out. Imagine some extra members of your squad get bitten and turn in the middle of a fight. That's what I want when I think zombies.

The shooting was boring, you point and click and hit the target every time. Halo at least did it right, but L4D shooting is shit. I would have much preferred iron sights.

I could go on if you like.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 am

Dud wrote:I don't like how the infection is already over, and it's just you v zombies. If I was to make a zombie game, I would certainly have civilians or survivors all over the place that can get infected, making you decide if you want to go through to effort to get them out. Imagine some extra members of your squad get bitten and turn in the middle of a fight. That's what I want when I think zombies.

It sounds like you were wanting some kind of a deep, story-driven zombie game. Trust me, I would have loved a 28 days style zombie apocalypse drama more than anything. That was never what L4D intended to be.

Left 4 dead was intended to be a multiplayer/cooperative zombie killing game. The special units are thrown in to enforce cooperation and give the team a feeling of reliance.

I'll agree that iron sights, couples with blind fire, would be cool, but I wouldn't say the style they took was executed poorly. It works just fine in Half Life, and it works just fine in Left 4 Dead.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:12 am

Toaster, you are not getting the point. I never mentioned in there that I want realism OR a deep story line, I just want good zombies. L4D didn't offer that. While it's probably the best one out now, L4D isn't that great of a zombie game, and it's plainly not that replayable. No matter where the zombies spawn, you still get from point a to point b with pretty much the same experience every time.

While it is fun to sit on the couch and blast zombies at a party, I imagine it would be the same with Halo Wars.

I am not trying to insult an obviously good game, but it had a lot of problems, most notably it didn't do zombies well and it wasn't very replayable.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Toaster on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:16 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:Toaster, you are not getting the point. I never mentioned in there that I want realism OR a deep story line, I just want good zombies. L4D didn't offer that. While it's probably the best one out now, L4D isn't that great of a zombie game, and it's plainly not that replayable. No matter where the zombies spawn, you still get from point a to point b with pretty much the same experience every time.

While it is fun to sit on the couch and blast zombies at a party, I imagine it would be the same with Halo Wars.

I am not trying to insult an obviously good game, but it had a lot of problems, most notably it didn't do zombies well and it wasn't very replayable.

No, it's not fun to sit on the couch and blast zombies. bounce

It has replayability. It is called versus. I'm still playing the damn thing every weekend
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The fight against the dirty pirates rages - Page 3 Empty Re: The fight against the dirty pirates rages

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum