Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360's Avatars (I know its a little late)

+8
KristallNacht
Vigil
Gold Spartan
Lord Pheonix
CivBase
Toaster
PiEdude
Ascendant Justice
12 posters

Go down

Xbox 360's Avatars (I know its a little late) Empty Xbox 360's Avatars (I know its a little late)

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Who here actually likes these pieces of pixilated shit? Not only do they look horrible, graphics wise, and "action" wise but its as if they are trying to appeal to every small child out there. My first thought when I saw them was "Nintendo Mii".

Very original microsoft. Also the horrible new dashboard set up didnt help the situation either. And to make matters worse, its either you download the update containing the avatars, or you dont get Xbox Live. I tried deleting the "Avatar data" but the blasted thing is still there.

So yeah, whats everyone's opinions on these.....things?
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360's Avatars (I know its a little late) Empty Re: Xbox 360's Avatars (I know its a little late)

Post by PiEdude Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:25 pm

I don't like them.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360's Avatars (I know its a little late) Empty Re: Xbox 360's Avatars (I know its a little late)

Post by Toaster Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Should I even bother stating my opinion?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 pm

The xiis aren't the worst thing to happen, but they certainly aren't suited for anyone over the age of ten.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:37 pm

I like em better than the Mii's lol
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Yah, the Miis have even worse graphics.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Personally I think they look kinda the same. But I still hate them.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Dotn have LIVE. So I dont have to screw around with the Xiis. tongue
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:52 am

Way to shun your fanbase Microsoft.

Did you think the people who play gears, Halo, Rainbow Six, and all the other hundreds of shooters want a kiddy avatar?

If they had one of Marcus Fenix in power armour eating a Locust's heart, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

They're cheap Mii rip-offs.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:30 am

Vigil wrote:Way to shun your fanbase Microsoft.

Did you think the people who play gears, Halo, Rainbow Six, and all the other hundreds of shooters want a kiddy avatar?

If they had one of Marcus Fenix in power armour eating a Locust's heart, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Woah, that sounds quite reminiscent of what I was saying 8 months ago... Microsoft is alienating their fanbase.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:54 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Vigil wrote:Way to shun your fanbase Microsoft.

Woah, that sounds quite reminiscent of what I was saying 8 months ago... Microsoft is alienating their fanbase.
I read it and I couldn't agree more.

I really ignore my avatar the majority of the time.

I'd try to make it look as good as I could with what I had.

I still hate them with a passion.

Bad move microsoft Evil or Very Mad
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:20 pm

I like them...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:54 pm

KristallNacht wrote:I like them...

May I ask..............why??
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKTiger1 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:55 pm

There not bad. Besides I actually do look like my avatar however I hate confusing my friends with girls.

I am not even trying to flirt or anything but I just want to know who they are. I met some Xbox live people.
KingKTiger1
KingKTiger1
Minion

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:I like them...

May I ask..............why??

I'm the kind of person that, when playing games that have customizable character, spend more time customizing than actually playing...my friend gets mad whenever i play RB2 with him...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:17 am

So in other words, he likes to do makeovers and interior design rather than play a video game lol.

Maybe we need to bring that thread back?
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 am

If you want a nice looking avatar to waste time "designing," go buy a playstation. The problem with Avatars is that they are built and marketed toward the same people that thought "you're in the movies" looked cool at E3.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:35 am

I dont really mind em that much, they are copies of the Mii no doubt about it, but the new dashboard kinda complicates things, After you first download it u cant remember where everything is for like a week, and i still find myself forgetting where certain things are, But the avatars... couldnt care less about em
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:43 pm

really are we going into this again?

Just ignore them if you hate them so much it really doesn't affect you in any way

I don't love it but come on...
team dfc
team dfc
Minion

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:52 pm

I just don't give a fuck anymore, they don't bother me simply because they're there, and I guess it's not a bad idea to recognize people on your friends list by something other than their name.

Avatars are gay, but I just don't give a fuck about them either way.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Maybe if they actually worked on fitting them for all types... but seriously, they can only be anywhere from 3 to 5 feet tall. What about those of us that are taller? That'd be everyone over the age of 10. Not to mention the wardrobe... 50% of it is preppy, and there is no fan-oriented things like maybe some armor or anything; not even on the marketplace... They can still make them work, but they don't seem to be trying hard to do so.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 pm

I just wanted a black hoodie and some jeans

can't even get that.

The only hoodies in there I didn't even know were hoodies till I looked at their names
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:44 am

CivBase wrote:Maybe if they actually worked on fitting them for all types... but seriously, they can only be anywhere from 3 to 5 feet tall. What about those of us that are taller? That'd be everyone over the age of 10. Not to mention the wardrobe... 50% of it is preppy, and there is no fan-oriented things like maybe some armor or anything; not even on the marketplace... They can still make them work, but they don't seem to be trying hard to do so.
Exactly.

If they had something more in tune with the most popular games (Halo, Fallout, Gears etc) I'll be more inclined to them.

I just put mine in a suit. He looked less gay then Very Happy
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down