Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glen Beck owned.... 12 months too late

+3
Nocbl2
PiEdude
Toaster
7 posters

Go down

Glen Beck owned.... 12 months too late Empty Glen Beck owned.... 12 months too late

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Glen Beck owned.... 12 months too late Empty Re: Glen Beck owned.... 12 months too late

Post by PiEdude Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Lol!

I love Kieth Olbermann, both when he was an announcer for ESPN,(occasionally NBC now) but mostly I love Countdown.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Glen Beck owned.... 12 months too late Empty Re: Glen Beck owned.... 12 months too late

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:07 pm

PiEman wrote:Lol!

I love Kieth Olbermann, both when he was an announcer for ESPN,(occasionally NBC now) but mostly I love Countdown.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Nobody's perfect. I like his ideas on most things, but everyone has their quirks.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Who?
Beck or Olbermann?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Glen Beck

I really don't like GTA either, though. The only thing good about it is the cheats and driving system... but that alone makes for a suckish game.

The immorality portrayed in the game just ruins everything remotely good about it, and only makes the game look like a typical rebellious teen game that has no real value other than teaching kids that drugs and sex are awesome. The storyline sucks, and the immorality doesn't help. It can in some games, but not in GTA.

In all, I classify GTA as a popular fail... but not one that's so bad that it should require anything over an M rating or any extra restriction. This is where I fix my line, and this is where I say Glen goes too far... I don't think it is greatly responsible for any violence. With this said, I do think, however, it cirtainly doesn't help.

Video game violence can relieve stress, and I completely acknowledge this, but it's another thing for it to be complete and total immorality and disrespect for the law. Both sides, despite what some on here may say, have their good points. Glen wasn't right to lay so much blame on the game, but I know a game like GTA can only make things worse, while a game like COD, Halo, or GOW can actually help.

Case and point: GTA sucks, Glen went too far (but still has a bit of a point), and Tocos rule.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:09 pm

PiEman wrote:Who?
Beck or Olbermann?

Oh he's bound to be talking about Beck.

When it comes to conservative 'News' show hosts, I don't agree much of anything they say. Still, I don't mind Bill O'Reilly. I think he's a pretty intelligent guy, and he's relatively rational as well. I don't mind listening to him talk.

Glen Beck, on the other hand, is a terrible person. Seriously. Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOkRI5pGT9U&feature=related

Complete dick.

Civ wrote:Case and point: GTA sucks, Glen went too far (but still has a bit of a point), and Tocos rule.

GET THE FUCK OUT CIV! Christ! stop commenting on GTA when you haven't even played the latest title. My god, last I checked we weren't talking about san andreas. I agree that past GTA installations were pretty mediocre but PLEASE I BEG YOU stop shitting all over GTA IV when you haven't played more than 10 minutes of it. AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH *head asplodes

GTA IV has a great story line, and (seriously) film quality dialog and cut scenes. It's not just senseless violence. It's a mafia crime story, just like any other mafia film you've seen.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 pm

You can stand O'Riley, but can't stand Beck?

O'Riley is a paranoid, insane ultra right-wing nutcase!

I remember once seeing the opening preview of his show, and I had to change it because the guy was such an idiot.

And don't even get me started on the rape and the stalking...
(not by him, but his harrassing rape victims, and having one of his crews stalk some woman that they wanted to interview)
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Well, he's a hell of a lot better than Beck. Both of them have (in my opinion) extreme and warped views, but Glen is just an ass hole.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:32 pm

You've got to admit the thing about pirates saving the whales was funny.

RT is right about Beck's general being though lol

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:50 pm

I don't disagree about Beck, but I just think O'Riley doesn't really have it altogether either.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:55 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
PiEman wrote:Who?
Beck or Olbermann?

Oh he's bound to be talking about Beck.

When it comes to conservative 'News' show hosts, I don't agree much of anything they say. Still, I don't mind Bill O'Reilly. I think he's a pretty intelligent guy, and he's relatively rational as well. I don't mind listening to him talk.

Glen Beck, on the other hand, is a terrible person. Seriously. Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOkRI5pGT9U&feature=related

Complete dick.
Maybe. Like I said, everyone has their quirks. He has a stubborn view on video games and it's messed up. But that doesn't mean everything that comes out of his mouth is stupid. Like I said, I agree with many of his views, and he has some major points with this.

He acted like a jerk, but it really doesn't bug me. I disagree with him on many points and could probably beat him in a logical debate on that subject, but there are a lot of people that have views like that on subjects. That doesn't mean they're all idiots at everything.

ReconToaster wrote:GET THE FUCK OUT CIV! Christ! stop commenting on GTA when you haven't even played the latest title. My god, last I checked we weren't talking about san andreas. I agree that past GTA installations were pretty mediocre but PLEASE I BEG YOU stop shitting all over GTA IV when you haven't played more than 10 minutes of it. AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH *head asplodes

GTA IV has a great story line, and (seriously) film quality dialog and cut scenes. It's not just senseless violence. It's a mafia crime story, just like any other mafia film you've seen.
Doesn't change the nature of the game, which is still messed up. Recon, I've played many hours of GTA, and all of it has been trash, whether it's storyline or killing sprees. Sure, it's fun to cheat, but after a while it's just dumb.

I believe you when GTA 5 has a better storyline, but the best story ever wouldn't be able to haul that game out of the grave it has dug in my mind. The basis of the game, which is what I'm talking about (NOT THE STORY!) is immoral and just plain sucks. You can yack on all you want about how GTA 5 is better, but there's an equal chance of me convincing you to become a Christian; it doesn't happen, because the core of the religion is just messed up in your mind. Same goes for me with GTA.

Maybe some people find some enjoyment in the game, and I'm not criticizing them at all, but I never could, and the game is completely immoral, unlike many other violent games.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Maybe if you knew enough about the game to know that THERE IS NOT GTA 5, you would have a different opinion.

What parts of the game are you talking about? If you mean the fact that you CAN kill innocent civilians, there is never a mission in the game that tells you to do that. If you do, that's your decision. Don't criticize the game for giving you choice.

If you just mean the general theme of the game, being the world of drugs and crime... what's wrong with that? There are plenty of movies on the subject (departed, Goodfellas, Godfather) that many would consider art.

Just because the game involves controversial topics, does not make it trash.

What about the game is immoral then? honestly, the only people you are instructed to kill are drug lords and murderers.

Stop whining that it's immoral. It's really starting to get old. Do you refuse to watch the Godfather because it shows immoral activities?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:57 pm

I just thought GTA IV lacked a few things(like good vehicle controls, some multiplayer objects etc).

GTA wasn't terrible, it just didn't hold my interests. The only fun I had was killing inocent people in free mode, as well as driving a helicopter(even though it was impossible to fly and shoot at the same time).
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:18 pm

I dont like the premise of GTA in general... Otherwise I dont really have anything against it.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum