Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4

+13
Arty
A_Bearded_Swede
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ringleader
Rotaretilbo
dragoon9105
Ascendant Justice
CivBase
Angatar
KristallNacht
Nocbl2
Vigil
17 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Halo 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo 4

Post by Ringleader Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:55 am

I've... given reasons, did you ever go back and read my megapost?

I'm not saying it's a game breaker, I'm just saying it's poop compared to what Bungie has churned out in the past.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 am

When i first saw the Promethean weapons i assumed they combined in a fashion that seems the most familiar to the user, hence the weapon "rebuilding" itself and acting like human weapons.

Since the forerunners were so advanced, weapons that adapt to the user makes sense. The user would have increase efficiency of that weapon due to it being similar to weapons he/she had used before....

Just my two cents...

A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:07 am

Spekwyse wrote:When i first saw the Promethean weapons i assumed they combined in a fashion that seems the most familiar to the user, hence the weapon "rebuilding" itself and acting like human weapons.

Since the forerunners were so advanced, weapons that adapt to the user makes sense. The user would have increase efficiency of that weapon due to it being similar to weapons he/she had used before....

Just my two cents...

That would be kinda cool, and would make sense if the guns didn't look and shoot the same when being wielded by the Prometheans. How would the guns know what other guns the user has used before as to model themselves after them? Still could've been more powerful.

Also, if they're so advanced in that way, maybe they shouldn't assemble at all when NOT being used by Prometheans, as not to be used against them.

Halo 4 - Page 3 New-james-bond-skyfall-trailer-1
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 am

Prometheans are ancient humans are they not? So maybe the guns assembling and operating in the MC's hands is just the weapons making a sort of "connection" between the two? Human to human-ish kinda. I mean if the monitors of the Halo rings can recognize humans as being the reclaimers after such a long time, why cant the promethean tech?
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:48 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:Prometheans are ancient humans are they not? So maybe the guns assembling and operating in the MC's hands is just the weapons making a sort of "connection" between the two? Human to human-ish kinda. I mean if the monitors of the Halo rings can recognize humans as being the reclaimers after such a long time, why cant the promethean tech?
The whole "Reforming" thing is bogus. The weapons are in the same form that you find them in on the ground. They just power up and extend a few floaty bits when you pick them up.

The Scattershot is a break-action shotgun.
There's no logic for why it would assume that form. It's doubtful that the Chief ever actually used a shotgun like that, and there's no advantage for that configuration on the battlefield.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 am

Spekwyse wrote:When i first saw the Promethean weapons i assumed they combined in a fashion that seems the most familiar to the user, hence the weapon "rebuilding" itself and acting like human weapons.

Just my two cents...
I like this thought, although my disposition with the Promethean weapons is not that they don't fit cannon, but that they just aren't as fun. I feel like they don't bring anything new to the game and more-or-less serve to saturate the weapons selection with more of the same. It's not a huge problem and they do have some defining qwerks, but it's a personal nitpick.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Ringleader wrote:

I'm not saying it's a game breaker, I'm just saying it's poop compared to what Bungie has churned out in the past.

I meant what you would prefer them to be is a game breaker. "make them more powerful!" oh so now we're running around with scarab guns and giant needlers? Balance is an obvious part of their design. NTM in the vidocs they said they designed the so it could be recognizable to the player what they were (from a visual standpoint) and there's no reason why they wouldn't have our 4 basic types of weapons.

Your points on this matter are all shit. Why not focus on the REAL issues in the game like "how the fuck did cortana do that thing at the end?!?!?1" or "the fucking starfox level was rather awkward and unfun (unless you're racing with some friends)"
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

I think the real issue here is, why the hell did they make the Spartan IVs an almost unproffessional "made in china", mass produced super soldier group?

I realize that theres budget stuff and morality issues but hey, they produced results. Id even wager that the Spartan III's wouldve even been better if a little more time had been spent on them and if they werent thrown away so quickly.

Idk I just dont like the IV's especially Palmer. She doesnt command respect like I wouldve thought a spartan commander would have. :/
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Ringleader wrote:

I meant what you would prefer them to be is a game breaker. "make them more powerful!" oh so now we're running around with scarab guns and giant needlers? Balance is an obvious part of their design. NTM in the vidocs they said they designed the so it could be recognizable to the player what they were (from a visual standpoint) and there's no reason why they wouldn't have our 4 basic types of weapons.

Your points on this matter are all shit. Why not focus on the REAL issues in the game like "how the fuck did cortana do that thing at the end?!?!?1" or "the fucking starfox level was rather awkward and unfun (unless you're racing with some friends)"

Good thing I addressed your concerns 3 days ago:

Shoot, it ain't that hard to think of some interesting weapon properties, even a 5 year old could have spiced up the Forerunner arsenal...

Actually, how about this, The Prometheans are uncommon and significantly harder enemies that drop OP weapons, but since there are few of them, ammo is scarce, maybe they even self destruct or something, I don't know. They're Forerunners, so their guns should be quite powerful, no? Having the time and know-how to develop super advanced weapons. It's OK though, because you have your Spartan buddies to back you up, and both you and the Covenant are after them, so they can be a little OP. Here's some ideas I just came up with:

Then I went on to list a few non-game breaking qualities to spice up the Promethean arsenal. Ah, when did I say make them as powerful as a scarab gun? My whole point for the last few of my posts was to make the guns INTERESTING, non-carbon copies of previous weapons, not game breakingly OP...

How hard is that to miss?

By your rationale, the Rocket Launcher is a game breaker, but oh wait, limited ammo + slow projectiles + other things make it balanced. Kind of the like things I briefly suggested to balanced the high powered Forerunner guns.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:42 pm

[quote="KristallNacht"]
Ringleader wrote:

Well, because I wasn't talking about that stuff.

Again, I've only seen playthroughs of the first 3 levels, nothing more. I'm sure the story is poo poo, but I was expecting that. Feel free to talk about Cortana and the awkward racing part all you want.

To add onto my previous post, here are a few more mechanisms to balance OP Forerunner guns:

-Limited Ammo, more-so for more powerful weapons just like everything else.

-Weapon sparsity, again just like everything else, the more powerful, the harder to come by.

-Weapon Overheat, because the Promthean weapons look like their integrated into their suits for heat dispersion, they can fire them more rapidly, whatever.

-You have to assassinate or perform 'executioner' style finishing moves on Promethean troopers to remove the weapon from them intact, like ripping it off or something.

-Weapon failsafes, causing them to explode most of the time.

-Progression, not getting them all within the first 2 levels, maybe you're not even able to interface with them before Cortana can do her computer stuff.

Just a few ideas, you could really do just about anything to balance any gun, it's not that complicated.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Prometheans are ancient humans are they not? So maybe the guns assembling and operating in the MC's hands is just the weapons making a sort of "connection" between the two? Human to human-ish kinda. I mean if the monitors of the Halo rings can recognize humans as being the reclaimers after such a long time, why cant the promethean tech?
The whole "Reforming" thing is bogus. The weapons are in the same form that you find them in on the ground. They just power up and extend a few floaty bits when you pick them up.

There's no logic for why it would assume that form. It's doubtful that the Chief ever actually used a shotgun like that, and there's no advantage for that configuration on the battlefield.
Precisely.

And if the guns can reform themselves from pieces laying on the ground, why not have a Scattershot turn into an INCINERATION CANNON!!!!!1?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Ringleader wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

Precisely.

And if the guns can reform themselves from pieces laying on the ground, why not have a Scattershot turn into an INCINERATION CANNON!!!!!1?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AcceptableBreaksFromReality

game would be awful boring if you always had a rocket launcher.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:52 pm

so you want there to be more power weapons, and less core weapons?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 pm

More core weapons that no one will use because they just equip the DMR and no weapons on map, or power weapons that might have some value in the sandbox.

The Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon- those get used. Suppressor or Storm Rifle, never seen them.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 pm

KristallNacht wrote:so you want there to be more power weapons, and less core weapons?

If by 'core weapons' you mean carbon copies of existing weapons, then yes.

If by 'power weapons' you mean 'weapons that are a little more powerful than existing weapons, that are still balanced', then yes.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 pm

......more power.....still balanced....

do I even need to say it?

and I see the promethean weapons used all the time. There is a solid distribution of all the loadout weapons, in my experience.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Why should Promethan weapons be more powerful again?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 pm

because the game would be more fun if every single one was a one shot kill...i think.....I'm not entirely sure.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Does better tech necessarily imply stronger weapons? Why not make their weapons more efficient and plentiful instead? After all, I think the halo arrays more than compensate in the face of any sizeable threat.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:49 am

KristallNacht wrote:because the game would be more fun if every single one was a one shot kill...i think.....I'm not entirely sure.
That's exactly what I said! Thank you for quoting me so accurately, LOL

Because when I said: 'If by power weapons' you mean 'weapons that are a little more powerful than existing weapons, that are still balanced' then yes, I obviously meant one-hit-killers. There's absolutely no middle ground there.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:54 am

KristallNacht wrote:......more power.....still balanced....

do I even need to say it?
Your brain might not remember, but I already gave a few suggestions as how to balance Forerunner guns before you said this. Here, let me refresh your memory:

To add onto my previous post, here are a few more mechanisms to balance OP Forerunner guns:

-Limited Ammo, more-so for more powerful weapons just like everything else.

-Weapon sparsity, again just like everything else, the more powerful, the harder to come by.

-Weapon Overheat, because the Promthean weapons look like their integrated into their suits for heat dispersion, they can fire them more rapidly, whatever.

-You have to assassinate or perform 'executioner' style finishing moves on Promethean troopers to remove the weapon from them intact, like ripping it off or something.

-Weapon failsafes, causing them to explode most of the time.

-Progression, not getting them all within the first 2 levels, maybe you're not even able to interface with them before Cortana can do her computer stuff.

Just a few ideas, you could really do just about anything to balance any gun, it's not that complicated.
Sometimes, it's hard to understand the exact meanings of words in sentence form...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:55 am

CivBase wrote:Why should Promethan weapons be more powerful again?
Because they're super advanced and self assemble-y.

It's ok though, because there are ways to balance OP weapons, like limited ammo, weapon scarcity, etc.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 am

cause that makes sense when for half the game all you fight is those guys.....so wtf are you going to fight with?

you'd have to make them all be balanced as power weapons. How is the boltshot going to handle as a power weapon?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:02 am

It really already is a power weapon with the damn charge thing. I've been OSK'd by that more than a few times.

They should also replace the storm rifle with the Halo 1 Plasma Rifle. I think it might work better.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:58 am

KristallNacht wrote:cause that makes sense when for half the game all you fight is those guys.....
RL from 4 days ago wrote:Actually, how about this, The Prometheans are uncommon and significantly harder enemies that drop OP weapons

KristallNacht wrote:so wtf are you going to fight with?
RL from 4 days ago wrote:OP weapons... It's OK though, because you have your Spartan buddies to back you up, and both you and the Covenant are after them at first, so they can be a little OP.

KristallNacht wrote:you'd have to make them all be balanced as power weapons.
Uh, yes?

Is that too complicated? For 343 to figure out? Well, maybe it is, LOL

KristallNacht wrote:How is the boltshot going to handle as a power weapon?
When I say 'a little more powerful than current weapons', you seem to think I mean: 'rapid fire, insta-kill handheld rocket launcher/scarab gun'.

That's ok though, I was completely expecting you to intentionally misinterpret and or completely disregard what I was saying to make a case defending the weaksauce dull-ass Forerunner weaponry. How else could you defend the overwhelmingly underwhelming Promethean guns?

Halo 4 - Page 3 Geberit-shower-toilet-balena_mnzhv_48
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next