Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Help/Discussion Thread

+19
TNine
Vigil
Rotaretilbo
KrAzY
Gauz
RX
Kasrkin Seath
tiny tim
Ascendant Justice
Maeve
Elabajaba
Angatar
CivBase
Divine Virus
Felix
Vtrooper
Lord Pheonix
KristallNacht
A_Bearded_Swede
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Computer Help/Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Computer Help/Discussion Thread

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 am

The biggest compatibility thing you need to worry about is to ensure that both the Motherboard and CPU are either LGA1155 (Intel) or FM1 (AMD). Since you're buying both the Motherboard and CPU from Intel, they're both LGA1155, so this issue is eliminated. Typically compatibility issues beyond that are only found when mixing old and new hardware.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Computer Help/Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Computer Help/Discussion Thread

Post by CivBase Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 pm

It's... it's... beautiful. I'm naming it Stephano.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:33 pm

CivBase wrote:It's... it's... beautiful. I'm naming it Stephano.

Computer Help/Discussion Thread - Page 4 Z

Stephano approves.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:15 pm

So i need a new mouse, i was wondering how much having a nice mouse vs a crap mouse is important? I use my mouse for gaming, so i actually care somewhat about precision.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm

This is completely unrelated but does anyone else get dissapointed when the General Discussion has a new post, but you look and find that it's in the "computer help discussion thread"? I do.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 pm

I agree

I use a logitech M525 before I had the 325 and I think I prefered it. this one's scroll wheel is too sensitive for me, but they are all good mice for pretty cheap
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm making this post because fuck you gauz that's why.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Computer Help/Discussion Thread - Page 4 Tumblr13
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:45 am

Let me simply say, if you're getting a mouse, stick with the brands you know. My parents got me a "gaming mouse" for Christmas. It's called the R.A.T. 7. It was recommended to them by the BestBuy sales clerk. It is the most Lord Pheonix awful thing ever. Arbitrarily, I'll lose either vertical or horizontal motion. Fuck this shit. I miss my DeathAdder.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Let me simply say, if you're getting a mouse, stick with the brands you know. My parents got me a "gaming mouse" for Christmas. It's called the R.A.T. 7. It was recommended to them by the BestBuy sales clerk. It is the most Lord Pheonix awful thing ever. Arbitrarily, I'll lose either vertical or horizontal motion. Fuck this shit. I miss my DeathAdder.

Deathadder? I'm gonna take this post as a recommendation. Looks like a really nice mouse, actually.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:07 pm

I just use logitech mice. I like em.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Logitech mice are the best, My current one has survived getting thrown into the wall several times and still works like a charm years later.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:24 pm

I had an old out of warranty logitech mouse that broke, and they gave me the new equivalent model for free Very Happy

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Hey guys! So I know I haven't been on in awhile...okay, make that a LONG while. But I need some computer help that maybe you guys might know.

I've been getting this message while my computer boots up for awhile now, since about last Thanksgiving time. Not only does it make my computer really slow to boot up from a shut down, but it's really freaking annoying.

"CLIENT MAC ADDR: 20 CF 30 6E 9C 78"

After that there's a slew of letters and then a bar that spins around until it loads itself into a period/dot and repeats for about 10 times before it's done loading and exits. After it exits, my computer boots correctly and everything. It's so annoying and I can't figure out why it might be doing this.

Help? >.>
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Sounds like your BIOS is automatically trying to do a network boot to me. That's just a guess, but it definitely sounds like something with the BIOS.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Bad news: My computer broke for no reason. Was working one hour, then broke the next. Literally. No turning on, no booting up to Bios, no running without battery, no running without memory, no running without plug despite should being fully charged, no fucking nothing. Even took the bitch apart and found none of the solder fucked up, none of the wires loose, cut or broke, and reapplied thermal paste to the heat sinks cause why the fuck not. Nothing.

Took out an old box and a hard drive reader and got all the info off the laptop and put it into the old box.

Good news: All data has been saved and restored and i've been looking at dedicated gaming rigs instead of running off a decent gaming laptop for a while now. Guess it's a sign from one of those asshole Gods that still have power above me to do it already.

I know a decent amount about building electronics so i'm buying parts off newegg and building my own rig. fuck ton cheaper then getting a p reassembled one, plus it'll feel like my own.

Recommendations on motherboards and CPU/GPU as well as graphics cards will be accepted. Nothing top of the line, i'm a cheap bastard that will play games on medium/high instead of ultra if it means I get to eat at night.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 pm

i5 is pretty cheap processor, but very good nonetheless. If you want to spend all your cash i7s are next-gen.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 pm

If you're going for middle of the pack, I recommend AMD. Intel offers better at the top, but the same mid-tier CPU is cheaper AMD than Intel. A quad-core i5 at 2.9 GHz is $180 on NewEgg. A quad-core Phenom II at 3.4 GHz is $110. 'Nuff said.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 am

Well last week all my parts arrived but my Power Supply Unit has some kind of gunk all the fuck up inside it and would not turn on so I sent it in to be replaced.

They finally received the old one and I should get the new one by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tell you how the computer runs then.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:08 pm

They finally received my unit and are going to send me a new one.

Be a few days before they send it, then a few days till it arrives. Then i'll be away for the weekend as well.

I feel like i'm suppose to miss something awesome this weekend.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:22 am

My computer tech skill level: my laptop charger wasn't working so I slapped it and then it started again <3
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 am

This thing is awesome.

Still testing how good it is, but it can run ARMA2 on high settings and it is a rather high level game. Also Assassins Creed 2 on high.

I named her Angelina ^_^
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 am

Can I.... can I have one?

CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by helvner Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 am

i got a windows dos game i want to play on windows 7 whats everyone suggest on a way to install/play it? dosbox or what?
helvner
helvner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 am

So i'm off to college next year, and looking for a good gaming laptop.  On top of that, my friend highly recommended getting a Solid-State Drive (SSD), which has much lower loading times and a myriad of other advantages.

So i'm currently looking at this computer, which has an 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD on top of a lot of other things.  I was wondering if you guys could offer any suggestions on whether this is a good buy?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum